Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK (3235 Views)

Punch Used Picture Of Nancy-Reagan As That Of Ocholi / Ojogbane Adegbe: 'Nigeria Will Burn If I Open Up On Arms Deal' / APGA Governorship Candidate In Abia State, Chief Regan Ufomba Has Been Diagnosed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK by ulonnaya21: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
Following the refusal of Orji uzor Kalu to rescue Reagan Ufomba of APGA from the hands of those he owes over 10 Billion Naira incurred during the last polls. The embattled politician has made good his threat to open a can of worms on the activities of former governor of Abia state. Reagan told an online news site 9jaconnect, that the Igbere born politician and the founder of moribund PPA was behind the spate of kidnappings in Abia few years ago.

Ufomba stated that Orji Uzor Kalu who is facing the EFCC budgeted Billions of Naira to ensure that Abia State was destabilized. According to Ufomba, who is on the run to avoid arrest, Kalu and late Osisikankwu always meet in Abuja where he, Kalu strategizes with him on those to attack. Kalu, Ufomba said was doing it to scuttle the second term ambition of T A Orji. The APGA chief hinted that Akomas was also part of Kalu’s meeting with these bad boys.

http://thejuristlaws..com/2012/04/breaking-news-reagan-ufomba-vows-to.html
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK by BlackPikiN(m): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2012
Is this guy drunk?
I know just understand your arse licking job.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK by amazinaq: 8:44am On Apr 17, 2012
Insane and stupid. Reagan Ufomba would not say any such thing. All Abians know who has a grouse with OUK and Reagan. You have a deplorable job.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK by kris1001: 10:04am On Apr 17, 2012
Has Abia state become a mock theater? Could it be that this state, once proudly seen by her citizens as "God's Own State", has finally receded to abyss and now, become a laughing stock of all Nigerians who know what governance is all about? Put simply, Abia State is now a theater of the absurd where the chief patrons as clueless as ever, have relapsed into total buffoonery and inertia.
How can one imagine that a state governor will practically declare a public holiday just to commission a pedestrian bridge that was constructed by some roadside welders in Aba.
History can neither be faulted wholly nor be fooled. Was it not in the same Aba that a pedestrian bridge was constructed in Okigwe road by then Aba North local government Chairman, Iboko Imo Iboko, about twenty years ago? It could be recalled that the "footbridge" was specifically built for the pupils of Golf Course/Okigwe road primary schools. It was the same in Oredo Local Government in Benin, Edo State, when Lucky Igbinedion as its chairman then, also built a pedestrian bridge to aid school children who had to cross the road daily to school.
These were done without funfair. The irony is that during that period, local councils could hardly be identified with millions of naira as compared to what obtains these days where billions of naira are allocated to local governments but end up in the pockets of those in government. There is nothing wrong in building footbridges, but it is one of the minutest of local projects that a local council chairman can handle without fuss or even as much as a whim.
That being the case, of all the comedy of errors that Governor T. A. Orji has deliberately imposed on the people of Abia who have the misfortune of having him as their ruler, the commissioning of pedestrian bridge on Friday 29 April, in Aba, almost six years of being governor in the state, was the climax of show of the shame which has become legendary in Abia.
Most absurd was the frenzy of preparation a week prior to that date. It was openly reported that the government energized every ministry, department and local councils to embark on serious mobilization, to commission three projects in Aba. One would think that when a government commissions projects, it would be something worth while. It is indeed laughable and this shows that Abia State needs urgent help or rescue mission from the bunch of comedians and clueless characters who have taken the state hostage since 1999 to date.
That a government would celebrate the building of a PEDESTRIAN CROSSING by commissioning it with fanfare simply shows the depths to which that government has sunk in the state. That seems the lot of the hapless people of the state, most of who now wallow in utter frustrations and hopeless indignation. It looks more of an endless circus of a confused governance that relish in deception and wicked grandeur.
It as an urgent situation the people would not wait to see changed and of course they have shown this in various ways, ranging from public display of outrage against the person of Governor Orji as shown in his being stoned and heckled during the great event of the burial ceremony of the late Igbo leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.
Governor T. A. Orji has just shown that in the annals of bad governance in Nigeria, he takes the prime position. This is an incontrovertible truth that is known by all, even beyond the state. One wonders what he would be telling his fellow governors , especially the like Amaechi, Akpabio, Chime or Rochas when they meet and compare notes. It will be a pity and utter embarrassment that while all these other governors would be reeling out mega-projects designed to change their states, T.A. Orji would tell them he just built a pedestrian crossing over a road. A job which a local government chairman would not even take credit for.
What a pity? The report of the elaborate preparations and the paying of a hired crowd pulled from all 17 local governments in the state, where each Transition Chairman brought 10 bus loads of his hapless citizens, and the paying off of touts the previous night, by the alternate governor, the son of the governor called "IKUKU",who has become a conduit pipe through who resources of the state are frittered away, with reckless abandon, meant that the government spent more in organizing the commissioning jamboree than was spent on building the crossing.
It was also an acknowlegment that he can no longer move freely in a state where he is the chief security officer. A governor hiring and bribing disenchanted populace even to the extent of doling out huge sums of money to assuage thugs before a visit to a major town speaks volumes. There were three other hurriedly arranged commissioning that were done the same day. First was a drainage channel dug at Ukwu Mango area in Ariaria market. Let's ponder awhile; Can you imagine Governor Fashola calling his whole government out to commission a drainage channel? Something that is being done everyday in Lagos without any fuss. Other two were also drainage and culverts.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK by kris1001: 10:22am On Apr 17, 2012
ulonnaya21: Following the refusal of Orji uzor Kalu to rescue Reagan Ufomba of APGA from the hands of those he owes over 10 Billion Naira incurred during the last polls. The embattled politician has made good his threat to open a can of worms on the activities of former governor of Abia state. Reagan told an online news site 9jaconnect, that the Igbere born politician and the founder of moribund PPA was behind the spate of kidnappings in Abia few years ago.

Ufomba stated that Orji Uzor Kalu who is facing the EFCC budgeted Billions of Naira to ensure that Abia State was destabilized. According to Ufomba, who is on the run to avoid arrest, Kalu and late Osisikankwu always meet in Abuja where he, Kalu strategizes with him on those to attack. Kalu, Ufomba said was doing it to scuttle the second term ambition of T A Orji. The APGA chief hinted that Akomas was also part of Kalu’s meeting with these bad boys.

http://thejuristlaws..com/2012/04/breaking-news-reagan-ufomba-vows-to.html
we know where you are coming from and we know those that sent you, blackmailers, a jobless government that has refused to deliver dividence of democracy to the people of Abia state after masivly rigging the April election
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK by kris1001: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2012
We are in no way sublimating our anger towards the residents of aba, rather, we are criticising the menace which the venal gov't T.A Orji have subjected the state to. I dont the motjuste to use regarding the sorry state of abia. But, in all, the residents of aba still maintain their innovative and hardworking spirit. I'd prefer hell to abia, any time any day.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK by kris1001: 10:37am On Apr 17, 2012
Sometime last year, my friend Ejituru Daniel Oti alerted me to the need to pay closer attention to the joke going on in Abia State, but in which major actors willfully brand governance. He had just returned from the state after spending a reasonable part of his annual leave in Aba, the once major commercial nerve centre of the South East and, frozen into mute incomprehension of what had gone amiss, insisted I must tell the world how Mr Theodore Orji, the state governor, has worked steadily to strip the state of any jot of mark of a modern day state.
I was too angry to oblige Dan. I told him I wasn’t going to honor the governor and his band of bumblers with my criticism. His is a pathetic case, I had argued. I thought we could try first to avert a major disaster at the national level than descend into time-wasting with the aberration of governance going on in Abia State. My friend insisted, arguing that the situation was terrible, and that I needed to see Aba.
“It reeks of filth. No road anywhere. Poverty has soared to an alarming dimension. And yet you see mind-boggling profligacy in government,” He said.
I reluctantly agreed, but because I wasn’t so convinced, it fell victim of more pressing demands and was pushed down my scale of preference as time passed.
The signs are too ominous today to keep mute and carry on as if all is well in Abia State. All has gone wrong!
At inception, Abia was nicknamed God’s own state. But it is arguable whether angels still find there conducive let alone God the almighty. I like to think God has long departed that place. Abia is one of the most unlucky states – with governance - in Nigeria. It gets worse governed with successive governments, increasing the army of the poor, the hopeless and the disenchanted. Yet it hasn’t ever been this bad under any administration. Governor Theodore Ahamefula Orji, its current governor, has reduced the state to a mini theatre of the absurd.
The news that Theodore Orji just sacked the 17 Local Government chairmen of the state “for matters relating to local security” is plain ridiculous, and speaks of the weight of pettiness the man has brought to a task as serious as governance. Pray what has a local government chairman got to do with security? Is Abia state practicing state policing and/or local government policing? Is the governor saying that there is a recent surge in armed robbery or kidnapping, and that the Local Government chairmen are guilty of complicity in those acts?
It is instructive to note that this sack is coming just a few days after the governor was booed by Abia residents in Aba during the lying in state of Odimegwu Ojukwu. Vociferous sections of the crowd were reported to have hauled sachets of pure water at the governor. Apparently, Mr Orji is angry with the local government heads for not renting the right crowd to grace the occasion. The right crowd here means those who will close their eyes on the sorry state he has brought the state to and rain praises on him instead. He didn’t get that. That’s the source of his anger.
Last year, Mr T. A Orji did the unthinkable. He ordered all non-indigenes under the employ of Abia State Government to leave. He was sacking them, not for their incompetence or incapacitation, but plainly because they hailed from other states. The victims of this 17th century policy of a 21st century governor included even people from neighbouring Imo, Rivers and Ebonyi states. The affected are people from the same region and ethnic group with the governor. Some –or all -of those people governor Orji sacked are people who may have spent a better part of their lives in the State. They were sent into the cold, back to a world they weren’t used to, and in which they knew nobody.
Recently, Mr Orji jacked up the tuition paid in the state university, ABSU, by over a hundred percent. Students in the school now pay as much as N100,000 per academic session. This came at a time when neighbouring states were slashing tuitions paid by their students in tertiary institutions. In fact, Imo State – whose governor was as much hailed as governor Orji was booed – has gone from tuition slashing to total free education. You want to know his source of funding the laudable programme? Security votes!
Now that is the paradox. The man in Abia who greedily pockets over N5billion per year as security votes has sacked his Local Government chairmen for insecurity related matters.
But I also like the name the governor and his team gave the scenario: insecurity. He should know that poverty and hopelessness breed insecurity. And since he has been working hard at creating the two elements for insecurity in the state, he should be willing to reap that which he has sowed. Interestingly, he started reaping the fruits on February 28 at the Aba township stadium where he prepared to share in the glory of Ojukwu, the man who, unlike himself, gave money its place in his lifetime – despite being born into wealth.
At the occasion, the long-suffering people of Abia served a notice to the governor. The message was loud and clear. They told him in words and in deeds that they understand what good governance means, and that the length is limited to which the lies broadcast daily on state radio and TV can travel. By pelting him with pure water sachets, and urging Rochas Okorocha to address them instead, they made a clear difference between light and darkness, and went ahead to choose the former.
Being part of a tribe of Nigerian rulers who have stripped politics of its colour and public speaking its content, we would soon be hearing him come out to accuse “detractors” of being behind his travails. One sure figure he’ll point at is his predecessor, Orji Uzor Kalu, whom he has accused of everything bad with the state. But each time he does that, he ensures he leaves out a mention of the influential role he played in that regime as the Chief of Staff. I hope it doesn’t get as bad as someone trying to accuse Rochas of being tacitly behind the Aba debacle. In this part of the world, anything could be grabbed as an alibi.
But in a way, I wasn’t expecting any stellar performance from governor Orji. From the wonder of winning election while in Kirikiri - where he had questions to answer about his role in the massive plundering of Abia state resources - to his becoming a member of three political parties in less than two months, the governor’s true identity and what he represents remains a puzzle. He claims he runs a poor state, but his son, Chinedu, lives in opulence. He goes on convoy and harasses citizens in public places. And there are reports of how he has practically bought all the choice properties in Umuahia, the state capital.

Four days after the Aba incident, the governor took a full page of a national daily to advertise his achievements in the state. And interestingly, the advertorial began with these words, “Abia Is Better”. That was a statement of relativity. He is comparing the state with what it used to be, not what it ought to be. That’s mediocrity.
One of the projects advertised is a skills acquisition centre in Umuahia. Even if we assume that this claim is true, how many people can that acquisition centre accommodate for a state with a population of over two million? Of those roads listed, why weren’t we given their lengths? What kilometers of roads were built, within what period and at what cost? But I also have heard from a couple of those who visited the state recently that some of the roads claimed to have been fixed by the governor are still in bad states.
The lure of money is such a powerful thing. It erases the pages of our rulers’ history books, leaving them unable to recall what happened to those whose footsteps they follow. Governor Theodore Orji wants to go the way of Chimaroke Nnamani of Enugu State. Let me be one of the first people to wish him well.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK by comradefery: 9:11am On Apr 18, 2012
Give a man power and you will see the evil in him, is a very popular saying in political circle. Abians are living withnesses of the evil that has befallen them. Today, criticizing the very obvious poor performance of the Abia state governor, T.A. Orji, has become a crime rewarded with insults, name calling, character assassination, vilifications, and wicked lies, so what the governor and his satanic sycophants are telling us is to remain silent while they destroy our common heritage, suffocate democracy, arrest our economic growth, and loot our state to submission, yet without telling us what our crime is. They attacked former governor Orji Uzor Kalu, and used him as an excuse for poor performance, they insulted Gover Chibuike Amaechi for reminding them of their security responsibilities, they physically attacked Chief Ikechi Emenike and Paul Ikonne respectively for carrying out their campaigns, they lambasted and called Chief Rochas Okorocha all sorts of names for gently calling on them to reconsider their stand on sacked workers, and today, their latest victim, is the APGA governorship candidate, Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba, whose crime is yet unknown, except that he called T.A. Orji to order, and adviced him to perform after they accused him, Chief Ufomba and APGA of being responsible for the governor's humiliation at Enyimba stadium. Today, touts have been recruited to vilify, malign and fabricate ungodly scripts against this innocent man. The man that's a product of illegitimacy is now using uninformed rookies to say the opposite. The question is, where did T.A. Orji and his boys get this style? Does this suit Abia? Is there any difference between these attrocities and those of Idi Amin, Saddam Ussein, and Gaddafi? Having seen the incompetence and pettiness of the government in Abia, we shall continue to strive and at the same time pray to God to come to our rescue.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK by superllyd: 7:25pm On May 05, 2013
Regean is too busy to indulge in such act. He is more than gossiping and covering criminal activties.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Reagan Ufomba Open Up On OUK by sament: 5:19am On Jul 15, 2014
Stop spreading rumor.
Reagan Ufomba : wink
http://ochiaghareaganufomba4gov.org/about/

(1) (Reply)

I Feel Sorry For Goodluck Jonathan" - Etcetera Writes / Rtrd. Gen. Buhari Live Chat With Christine Amanpour On CNN #AMANPOUR / Boko Haram: Generals Lead Battle As Effort To Capture Shekau Heightens..Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.