Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,768 members, 7,802,350 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? (8407 Views)

10 Strange Things All Men Have Done At Least Once / 7 Reasons Why You Should Get Married Early. / Will You Kiss Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend Early In The Morning Without Any Of You Brushing Their Teeth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by Theblessed(f): 8:04pm On Apr 15, 2012
[size=16pt][b]Why??

Could it be - illhealth, laziness, lack of confidence, unemployment, poverty, irresponsibility, fear of women (Womanphobia - and in the case of a woman, Manphobia - hey, my construct, please!!!) or other.

Typically, unlike other cultures, Nigerian men don't usually get married early in life, why?

Some say, they want to make reasonable investments/achievements before settling down, really? And, how many do actually, make it?

Obviously, in some cultures, men starts to think about the idea to get married between the ages of 16 (with consent)- 25 and some actually do get marry within that age group however, average Nigerian man might not consider this idea until as late as 30 - 50 year of age and some are still living at home with parents and have no abode of their own yet, they are still waiting to put down some investments.grin

If that is the case, why portray single Nigerian women as "SALE BY DATE" by certain age 25 - 30+, when you're all still living at home and waiting to put down those investments?

Adding to this, are all manner of pressure and derogatory name callings piled upon a single Nigerian woman when their men, are yet to rise to the challenge of whisking them away - this is unfair and unjust!

Like single Nigerian women, isn't it time, unmarried Nigerian men are put on the spot-light to get married young before those legs becomes stiff and unable to play football with their young children in the backgarden.grin

I leave you to work that out

But before then, may I suggest that Nigerian society, look deeper into itself before, blaming the single woman - for it is writen that "a man must leave his mother and father and cling unto his wife so that both can become one body". You see, it is for a man and not a woman to leave the nest...!!grin

Certainly, most religions and cultures of this world share this value/ethos therefore, you unmarried blokes out there - what are you waiting for, in whisking away single and beautiful Nigerian ladies?

If you can not explain this fact, then start now in your own small ways to re-educate/change our society's thinking on these issues.smiley[/b][/size]

2 Likes

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2012
unemployment in nigeria is a major factor, and other times it could be financial constraint or not in a good paying job. Nigerian ladies most times prefer to settle for already made men, than someone who is still struggling, and Nigerian men that are single have come to understand all that, so they would not want to venture into any marriage when they are not 'made' cos there might be no love, or there would be promiscuity, or no trust.

Ask 100 ladies who their mr right is, and over 90% must include 'he must be rich' so with all that who wants to marry a lady with such a mindset. The problem are from the ladies who want their husband-2-be to be mr. dangote when their own father na struggling native doctor for village shrine

8 Likes

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2012
I got married at 19. Happy now?
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by Killz1(m): 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2012
LMAO! undecided
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 15, 2012
Theblessed: [size=16pt][b]Why??

Could it be - illhealth, laziness, lack of confidence, unemployment, poverty, irresponsibility, fear of women (Womanphobia - and in the case of a woman, Manphobia - hey, my construct, please!!!) or other.

Typically, unlike other cultures, Nigerian men don't usually get married early in life, why?

Some say, they want to make reasonable investments/achievements before settling down, really? And, how many do actually, make it?

Obviously, in some cultures, men starts to think about the idea to get married between the ages of 16 (with consent)- 25 and some actually do get marry within that age group however, average Nigerian man might not consider this idea until as late as 30 - 50 year of age and some are still living at home with parents and have no abode of their own yet, they are still waiting to put down some investments.grin

If that is the case, why portray single Nigerian women as "SALE BY DATE" by certain age 25 - 30+, when you're all still living at home and waiting to put down those investments?

Adding to this, are all manner of pressure and derogatory name callings piled upon a single Nigerian woman when their men, are yet to rise to the challenge of whisking them away - this is unfair and unjust!

Like single Nigerian women, isn't it time, unmarried Nigerian men are put on the spot-light to get married young before those legs becomes stiff and unable to play football with their young children in the backgarden.grin

I leave you to work that out

But before then, may I suggest that Nigerian society, look deeper into itself before, blaming the single woman - for it is writen that "a man must leave his mother and father and cling unto his wife so that both can become one body". You see, it is for a man and not a woman to leave the nest...!!grin

Certainly, most religions and cultures of this world share this value/ethos therefore, you unmarried blokes out there - what are you waiting for, in whisking away single and beautiful Nigerian ladies?

If you can not explain this fact, then start now in your own small ways to re-educate/change our society's thinking on these issues.smiley[/b][/size]

your thread is really amusing grin you really want Nigerian single men to be put on the spotlight Whoa! You want a Nigerian man to whisk away single women who lack morales on how to make a good home. Interesting. There's one known fact, lets not deceive ourselves, good and homely girls get husbands before age 26.. Men will flock around them because they know that they are wife material. If any woman is looking for husband and no man is show signs of marrying her, she aint a wife material You get it right. If you are looking for husband and you don't do re-branding, re-packaging, re-orientation about whom you are as a lady you can't get any man to propose to you. No be curse. Your focus should be what are the traits a man is looking for in a woman to make her his wife? If it is money, they are alot rich guys out there without no GF's /wife. They are looking for a woman they can call wife. A home maker.

7 Likes

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2012
You couldn't lookup androphobia, gynophobia, and venustraphobia/caligynephobia before starting a thread? I worry for Nigeria.
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by luckgames(m): 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2012
bennyraz: your thread is really amusing grin you really want Nigerian single men to be put on the spotlight Whoa! You want a Nigerian man to whisk away single women who lack morales on how to make a good home. Interesting. There's one known fact, lets not deceive ourselves, good and homely girls get husbands before age 26.. Men will flock around them because they know that they are wife material. If any woman is looking for husband and no man is show signs of marrying her, she aint a wife material You get it right. If you are looking for husband and you don't do re-branding, re-packaging, re-orientation about whom you are as a lady you can't get any man to propose to you. No be curse. Your focus should be what are the traits a man is looking for in a woman to make her his wife? If it is money, they are alot rich guys out there without no GF's /wife. They are looking for a woman they can call wife. A home maker.
Great comment
Loved it
Marry useless girl with nothing to offer
Me,me !!!!!!!! girl

1 Like

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by harakiri(m): 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
@Poster

First of all, your thread is misleading. It's not a "Nigerian men" thing. It's a global trend and it's much worse overseas. At least in Nigeria, most men do their best to get married before the age of 40. Out there, you'll see countless men who are way past 45yrs and the idea of being married barely occurs to them and the reasons aren't far fetched : NO ONE WANTS TO GET RIPPED APART IN DIVORCE SETTLEMENTS THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY TAILORED TO WORK AGAINST THE MAN FROM DAY ONE! Back to the issue, a lot of Nigerian are marriage inclined.

Second, there is a lot of joblessness in the land (like someone rightfully said before). Would you advice your lady friends to get hitched with a guy who has no job? Aren't you one of the feminazis' that beguile women who get married to jobless or less "affluent" men? And you are here talking. This is the same crass hypocrisy i keep talking about. The jobless men are trying to save women from the agony of hardship and you are here talking rubbish. If such men get married with their poor status, you'll be a forerunner in the bandwagon deriding that man. Hypocrite!

Third,Marriage isn't what it used to be anymore. In the days of our forefathers, it was all about a man providing for the family while the woman runs the home-front. Today, with education and "westernization",marriage is much more complex and fragile. Back in the day, it was all about mutual understanding and their marriages lasted. Today, there must be "love" (Whatever that is),understanding,"equality of the $exes",feminism and all sorts of hogwash that is the bane of today's ever skyrocketing divorce rates. Marriage is no longer as attractive as it used to be. Men no longer look at marriage with the same enthusiasm as they used. Most who marry do so out of societal and age pressure NOT "love".

Fourth, With all the "women empowerment", "down with men bandwagons" and "a man must be under your foot" education that is being used to brainwash women these days, Men have seen the wisdom of holding on to their single status for as long as they can coz they know that the moment they sign away their freedom via legal documents, it's all over. In no time, the woman will turn him into a living vegetable and the man will be forced to put up with all sorts of nonsense all in the name of "making the marriage work".

Nuff said!

10 Likes

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by luckgames(m): 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
harakiri: @Poster

First of all, your thread is misleading. It's not a "Nigerian men" thing. It's a global trend and it's much worse overseas. At least in Nigeria, most men do their best to get married before the age of 40. Out there, you'll see countless men who are way past 45yrs and the idea of being married barely occurs to them and the reasons aren't far fetched : NO ONE WANTS TO GET RIPPED APART IN DIVORCE SETTLEMENTS THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY TAILORED TO WORK AGAINST THE MAN FROM DAY ONE! Back to the issue, a lot of Nigerian are marriage inclined.

Second, there is a lot of joblessness in the land (like someone rightfully said before). Would you advice your lady friends to get hitched with a guy who has no job? Aren't you one of the feminazis' that beguile women who get married to jobless or less "affluent" men? And you are here talking. This is the same crass hypocrisy i keep talking about. The jobless men are trying to save women from the agony of hardship and you are here talking rubbish. If such men get married with their poor status, you'll be a forerunner in the bandwagon deriding that man. Hypocrite!

Third,Marriage isn't what it used to be anymore. In the days of our forefathers, it was all about a man providing for the family while the woman runs the home-front. Today, with education and "westernization",marriage is much more complex and fragile. Back in the day, it was all about mutual understanding and their marriages lasted. Today, there must be "love" (Whatever that is),understanding,"equality of the $exes",feminism and all sorts of hogwash that is the bane of today's ever skyrocketing divorce rates. Marriage is no longer as attractive as it used to be. Men no longer look at marriage with the same enthusiasm as they used. Most who marry do so out of societal and age pressure NOT "love".

Fourth, With all the "women empowerment", "down with men bandwagons" and "a man must be under your foot" education that is being used to brainwash women these days, Men have seen the wisdom of holding on to their single status for as long as they can coz they know that the moment they sign away their freedom via legal documents, it's all over. In no time, the woman will turn him into a living vegetable and the man will be forced to put up with all sorts of nonsense all in the name of "making the marriage work".

Nuff said!
O man

1 Like

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by deandavid(m): 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2012
first unemployment, secondly wife materials i swear are hard to find. But forget o, in my place especially urhobo land, young men are gettin married o, 24-25 are saying i do these days o. With 1 canopy nd his small meeting friends and area people party don set o. Even when they are jst driving okada. I heard of a guy payin 4 crate of drinks every month, for the preparation of his marriage. In my place d trend is changing o. Even me dy consider my own too o.
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by Theblessed(f): 12:27am On Apr 17, 2012
[size=16pt][b] Crap excuses that's all I'm getting here!

I am tired of hearing unemployement/joblessness as part of the reason for a grown man leaving marriage and fatherhood till his late 30's. If it was so, why not create a job for yourself and others or collaborate with others and create work and make a living for yourselves?

Do I have to list the strategy upon which to achieve that? Pull your resources together and do anything for work - pack shit, work in the farm, cut and harvest palm fruits, cocoa, tea, groundnuts, palm oil/kernel, kola etc just as our forefather's did to survive instead of idling away in the cities, sitting your bottom one place and waiting for an opportunity for a white collar job - a curse of the Black Diamond.

Because of this, our young men have become lazy in thinking creatively.

As for those blaming divorce rate in the West as a reason for men not getting married early there, can we check what the divorce statistics is, in Nigeria or Africa as a whole? How many women have divorced their husbands since Nigerian Independence as compared to the West, name it?

Of course, this argument would not hold without modern Nigerian girls character being questioned and scrutinized? I hear many of you refer to the characters of our mothers/grandmothers as perfect models for men seeking quality homemakers and I'm asking what changed our women then and who changed them?

The answer is obvious - Yooooooou!!! Your stiffling cultures and traditions led to your women seeking escape and you aid them! How?

When you and your family see your daughters, sisters, nieces being maltreated at their husband's homes, left unkept and for the dead whilst their husband's are busy chasing young women that calls for a reaction and that reaction is usually, via armying their daughters/sister with the ammunition (via education, financial support, Business, Trade etc)to strike for independence and sustain themselves either independently or in their husbands homes.

However, it is a different case for a modern Nigerian women, she would not stop at that and like our men she's going for Gold - she want more and expect the best from the men she's dating hence the difficulty you're having competiting for her hence the attitude to find the right guy that would provide comfortable lifestyle for her and what's wrong with that?

As you can see, na part of una trouble be that, by treating women badly - Nigerian men created the monster that came to haunt them and now they're hallaring, for who?

Well, I leave una to continue with una blames until the cows come home maybe, it will be too late to play that football with your children in the back garden.[/b][/size]
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 17, 2012
Frustration. ITK
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 17, 2012
@OP
the answer is very simple: why marry buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?! if men are the reason why Nigerian women of today are the way they are (as you claimed), then we can all conclude that the joke is on YOU!
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by harakiri(m): 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
@Theblessed]

Crap excuses that's all I'm getting here!

Really?

I am tired of hearing unemployement/joblessness as part of the reason for a grown man leaving marriage and fatherhood till his late 30's. If it was so, why not create a job for yourself and others or collaborate with others and create work and make a living for yourselves?

Create jobs how? Create jobs from what? Perhaps you should give ideas how a penniless jobless man can "create" employment out of thin air. From your post, you are obviously not in touch with reality and you are quoting the same jargon the govt folks use when they want to shift responsibility from themselves.

Do I have to list the strategy upon which to achieve that? Pull your resources together and do anything for work - pack shit, work in the farm, cut and harvest palm fruits, cocoa, tea, groundnuts, palm oil/kernel, kola etc just as our forefather's did to survive instead of idling away in the cities, sitting your bottom one place and waiting for an opportunity for a white collar job - a curse of the Black Diamond.

Pull which resources together? There are people who have NOTHING to use as leverage. Once again, you are obviously not in touch with reality. Do anything for work? Pack $hit abi? When last did you see a "$hit packer"? How much do you think farm workers get paid? It's barely enough to feed for a day so when and how can he save for marriage? You are obviously one dumb a$$ bimbo that has no idea what the real world is like.

The "laziest" Nigerian man has more positive innovative ideas than the average white boy on the streets of New York.

As for those blaming divorce rate in the West as a reason for men not getting married early there, can we check what the divorce statistics is, in Nigeria or Africa as a whole? How many women have divorced their husbands since Nigerian Independence as compared to the West, name it?

Nonsense!!!

Of course, this argument would not hold without modern Nigerian girls character being questioned and scrutinized? I hear many of you refer to the characters of our mothers/grandmothers as perfect models for men seeking quality homemakers and I'm asking what changed our women then and who changed them?

More Nonsense!!!

The answer is obvious - Yooooooou!!! Your stiffling cultures and traditions led to your women seeking escape and you aid them! How?

Sniffling cultures? Good heavens!!!

When you and your family see your daughters, sisters, nieces being maltreated at their husband's homes, left unkept and for the dead whilst their husband's are busy chasing young women that calls for a reaction and that reaction is usually, via armying their daughters/sister with the ammunition (via education, financial support, Business, Trade etc)to strike for independence and sustain themselves either independently or in their husbands homes.

However, it is a different case for a modern Nigerian women, she would not stop at that and like our men she's going for Gold - she want more and expect the best from the men she's dating hence the difficulty you're having competiting for her hence the attitude to find the right guy that would provide comfortable lifestyle for her and what's wrong with that?

As you can see, na part of una trouble be that, by treating women badly - Nigerian men created the monster that came to haunt them and now they're hallaring, for who?

Well, I leave una to continue with una blames until the cows come home maybe, it will be too late to play that football with your children in the back garden

I can't bother myself replying rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by 2sexy(m): 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
OP are you married?
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by chikeorji123(m): 9:34am On Dec 11, 2012
2sexy: OP are you married?

Pls answer his question atleast to know what we are dealing with.
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by mikolo80: 6:25am On Dec 05, 2014
harakiri:
@Theblessed]

Really?

Create jobs how? Create jobs from what? Perhaps you should give ideas how a penniless jobless man can "create" employment out of thin air. From your post, you are obviously not in touch with reality and you are quoting the same jargon the govt folks use when they want to shift responsibility from themselves.

Pull which resources together? There are people who have NOTHING to use as leverage. Once again, you are obviously not in touch with reality. Do anything for work? Pack $hit abi? When last did you see a "$hit packer"? How much do you think farm workers get paid? It's barely enough to feed for a day so when and how can he save for marriage? You are obviously one dumb a$$ bimbo that has no idea what the real world is like.

The "laziest" Nigerian man has more positive innovative ideas than the average white boy on the streets of New York.

Nonsense!!!

More Nonsense!!!

abeg how yiu take do this interlocking reply thingy.na dumb phone i de use o.

No mind dis gehl she wan eat her cake and have it

see as she de preach like mumu

how many farmer or okada shitt packers she don bat eyelashes for
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by Exjoker(m): 7:23am On Dec 05, 2014
Men scarcity is definitely having it bite on the ladies grin grin grin . Keep filing your complains ladies
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by defendedvictim(m): 10:14am On Dec 05, 2014
Theblessed:

Well, I leave una to continue with una blames until the cows come home maybe, it will be too late to play that football with your children in the back garden.[/b][/size]
so, Hw old are you Be realistic abeg
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by bernardette(f): 10:15am On Mar 23, 2016
harakiri:
@Theblessed]

Really?

Nonsense!!!

More Nonsense!!!

....seriously, aside being a female...the lady is right, there is no point in what u are dragging with her, and whatever she has stated, are for you to get the true fact in them...I am afraid most of you with this mindset of 'NO JOB, so I can't marry' may evn end up loosing the real wife materials...and when you have acquired all you want to, a gold digger comes forward, when she sees you are desperate for a wife...create job urself...u complain about from what resources?...that's why u are a man...mingle with like minds...u are here complaining and some young men are making it...from which resources could that have been as well...its time you think well,nt jst deeply, Nigerian young men...even the bible said...don't miss. Your chance to marry a good woman...she is your main source of success...its time you divert your mindset from what the economy can offer you....or else you lament for ever, poverty is a choice.....read my signature below
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by skywalker240(m): 11:11am On Mar 23, 2016
bernardette:
....seriously, aside being a female...the lady is right, there is no point in what u are dragging with her, and whatever she has stated, are for you to get the true fact in them...I am afraid most of you with this mindset of 'NO JOB, so I can't marry' may evn end up loosing the real wife materials...and when you have acquired all you want to, a gold digger comes forward, when she sees you are desperate for a wife...create job urself...u complain about from what resources?...that's why u are a man...mingle with like minds...u are here complaining and some young men are making it...from which resources could that have been as well...its time you think well,nt jst deeply, Nigerian young men...even the bible said...don't miss. Your chance to marry a good woman...she is your main source of success...its time you divert your mindset from what the economy can offer you....or else you lament for ever, poverty is a choice.....read my signature below
to some extent u ar right, but u also hav 2 tk this in mind, that u ladies always go 4 d so called best(made men)
be sincere, wil u ever pay attention to a shit parker?
80% ladies fault, and 20% guys

1 Like

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by bernardette(f): 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
skywalker240:

to some extent u ar right, but u also hav 2 tk this in mind, that u ladies always go 4 d so called best(made men)
be sincere, wil u ever pay attention to a shit parker?
80% ladies fault, and 20% guys
if we continue to blame one gender or the other, solution ll never surface...a female like myself, you dnt have to own a mansion b4 you could win my love...a man, who can use his head to make life good for himself, and is ready to step out of the "shit parker" you mentioned...with my assistance, he ll step out..not a man who stays in the city flexing with friends, crying NO JOB..and wake up one day, all he can tell you is that I am not ready for marriage, even at 35yrs of age, I ll ask him, what have you been doing from 25yrs of age?..tell me why I wont move on to a better man...most of our young bachelors of 2day, shld stop being lazy..plan for a family early..with that mentality..u ll knw a lot is at ur fore front that you must work on..its nt bad if a man starts his plan on what tto settle down with at age 21..b4 he is 30..and with the help of rich minded ppl, he ll get somwhere..and there won't be crisis, from fiancee, and also their parents xpects more from them as well..dnt wait for a secured job somewhere to determine how you run ur life..cos mostly that's the main issue..
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by PureWays(m): 11:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
bernardette:
if we continue to blame one gender or the other, solution ll never surface...a female like myself, you dnt have to own a mansion b4 you could win my love...a man, who can use his head to make life good for himself, and is ready to step out of the "shit parker" you mentioned...with my assistance, he ll step out..not a man who stays in the city flexing with friends, crying NO JOB..and wake up one day, all he can tell you is that I am not ready for marriage, even at 35yrs of age, I ll ask him, what have you been doing from 25yrs of age?..tell me why I wont move on to a better man...
Lol.. For goodness sake it's not the men's fault..
I have couple friends that want to marry but due to Financial problems they haven't..

Poverty is scary especially when wife and kids are involved, please stop the rant already, it's very annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by tpiah2: 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
Most Nigerian men of today dont get married before 35 imo, and that is even considered a young age to marry.

Reasons include finances, education, jobs, etc.

Some might have all these and still not feel like marrying though.
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by SIRTee15: 2:03am On Mar 24, 2016
bernardette:
if we continue to blame one gender or the other, solution ll never surface...a female like myself, you dnt have to own a mansion b4 you could win my love...a man, who can use his head to make life good for himself, and is ready to step out of the "shit parker" you mentioned...with my assistance, he ll step out..not a man who stays in the city flexing with friends, crying NO JOB..and wake up one day, all he can tell you is that I am not ready for marriage, even at 35yrs of age, I ll ask him, what have you been doing from 25yrs of age?..tell me why I wont move on to a better man...most of our young bachelors of 2day, shld stop being lazy..plan for a family early..with that mentality..u ll knw a lot is at ur fore front that you must work on..its nt bad if a man starts his plan on what tto settle down with at age 21..b4 he is 30..and with the help of rich minded ppl, he ll get somwhere..and there won't be crisis, from fiancee, and also their parents xpects more from them as well..dnt wait for a secured job somewhere to determine how you run ur life..cos mostly that's the main issue..

Forget it, it's money factor.
If guys achieve economic stability early in life, majority will get married on time.
Look here, marriage no be joke........ and as a man, if u're not financially ready to meet it's demand......
OYO for u
Ur wife will not even respect u......
And there's little u can do if she start cheating on u.....
Come Lagos..... and see the rate married women cheats..... they don't even hide it again.
My sister, economy is not pleasant and this is putting a lot of strain on guys to start a family.
Except u just want to do the I don't care family style...... Dey born dey go.... God will watch over them.

It's not only a Nigerian problem.
It's endemic among educated young men in emerging economies.......
Egypt, India, Pakistan, China, Mexico, Indonesia......
Al jazeera even did a documentary about the issue one time like that.....
Eligible bachelors who desire to start a family but keep pushing it forward due to lack of financial independence in developing nations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by bernardette(f): 7:18am On Mar 24, 2016
SIRTee15:

If guys achieve economic stability early in life, majority will get married on time.
Look here, marriage no be joke........ and as a man, if u're not financially ready to meet it's demand......
OYO for u
And there's little u can do if she start cheating on u..... SIRtee, you are still going backward...economy economy....stop blaming economy, and do something about the economy, let a man plan himself early in life, and see if he won't succeed despite economy palava...andd let him put it all in God's hands...God bless your hustle...read my signature
Come Lagos..... and see the rate married women cheats..... they don't even hide it again.
My sister, economy is not pleasant and this is putting a lot of strain on guys to start a family.
Except u just want to do the I don't care family style...... Dey born dey go.... God will watch over them.

It's not only a Nigerian problem.
It's endemic among educated young men in emerging economies.......
Egypt, India, Pakistan, China, Mexico, Indonesia......
Al jazeera even did a documentary about the issue one time like that.....
Eligible bachelors who desire to start a family but keep pushing it forward due to lack of financial independence in developing nations.
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by gamaliel121(m): 7:35am On Mar 24, 2016
Theblessed:

You are unwise!!
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 24, 2016
Most of us are not done With the sweet yummy tight young growing virgins dammit.... U don't know Wat u missing after getting married and sticking to one partner for life shocked

1 Like

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by drinkmorewater: 7:43am On Mar 24, 2016
Let me sum it up for U pretty quick!

Its the country we live in, apart from the fact that we are still a developing country, our Government doesn't try hard enough to provide basic social infrastructures and amenities.
Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by bernardette(f): 7:44am On Mar 24, 2016
[quote author=SIRTee15 post=44054014]

OYO for u
And there's little u can do if she start cheating on u..... SIRtee, you are still going backward...economy economy....stop blaming economy, and do something about the economy, let a man plan himself early in life, and see if he won't succeed despite economy palava it saddens me that, majority of ouryoung men can't take the pain to think smartly anylonger, and why...one of them are the courses we put in for, in institutions, courses that are not needed in Nigeria, imagine a young man, telling you he read french for 4 years..and if he had been the type to learn other innovative courses, such as agriculture, it ll dofor him, but majority ll prefare going for the so called courses with beautiful names, another issue is HANDSET, ofcos, the technology is to broaden our thinking , but instead, its the source of most young ppl's downfall tell me why economy ll nt decide ur lifefor you..its time we stop giving xcuses... put ur effort in God's hands...God bless our hustle...read my signature......

1 Like

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by jayloms: 7:51am On Mar 24, 2016
Who wants to start enduring d nagging and some oda nasty behaviours from ladies of nowadays who get into marriage pretentiously. I know of a man who only stays at home when his children are home and relocates to his office when they travel back to school or go on vacations. There is zero communication between him and d wife because she just embarrasses d man with her behaviour outside.

Truth is some women become a torn in d flesh immediately after marriage or few years into marriage. Marriage is becoming tasteless and more like a responsibility to wear d man down to his grave. No wonder babymama dey on d rise. cool

1 Like

Re: Still Wondering Why Nigerian Men Have Difficulty Getting Married, Early In Life? by bernardette(f): 8:40am On Mar 24, 2016
Jameskyle:
Most of us are not done With the sweet yummy tight young growing virgins dammit.... U don't know Wat u missing after getting married and sticking to one partner for life shocked
u are unwise

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics : What Will Be Your Next Move Seeing Her Like Dis? / White Girl In Nigeria - How Is Nigeria's Hookup Culture? / Most Romantic Snack For A First Date!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.