Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,959 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! (70819 Views)

I Dumped Her After 12 Yrs For Infidelity Now I'm Jealous Bc She's Engaged / Is It Okay That My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Boy? / I'm Jealous About My Girlfriend's Guy Friendship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by acidrop(f): 4:50am On Nov 07, 2007
hahaha, y is she best friend with a guy sef
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by acidrop(f): 4:52am On Nov 07, 2007
debosky:

. . .and long lost J-girl returns! shocked kiss kiss

How've you been girl?

awwwwwwwwwwww n the happy reunion cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by jgirl3: 4:55am On Nov 07, 2007
acidrop - sweet reunion? Na wa!
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by tommyex(m): 6:29am On Nov 07, 2007
Topic
I generally dont like my gf to be in that position,because i think 80% of the time it can lead to SEX and she may end up dumping HIM.

So he needs to talk things out with her so that she doesnt get closer to him
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by ozigbo(m): 8:43am On Nov 07, 2007
davidylan:

na wa o. . . when a boy and girl become so comfortable as to spend the night in each other's houses . . . e don pass just best friend o. All the women saying "get over it", lets see how u get over it when your boyfriend starts sleeping over at his "best friends" house who just happens to be female.

2 members of the opposite sex that close will one day chop the forbidden fruit. Its only a matter of when.

Guy u are right in this present time we are when it come to that stage.
Is more than just friend.
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by Bestglo(f): 8:51am On Nov 07, 2007
I don't think it is advisable for the girl to keep sleeping in the just friend's house .Even if that was how it used 2 be.Since she is now into a serious relationship,she should minimise the extent to which she is close with her so called best friend.

Poster, i would rather advice you to ask your friend talk it over with her especially going to sleep with him even though nothing may have been happening(but i tell u,some day something will)

If she doesn't stop passing the night there,then advice your friend to find alternate.
I wish him best of luck.
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by onyekang1(f): 8:56am On Nov 07, 2007
davidylan:

na wa o. . . when a boy and girl become so comfortable as to spend the night in each other's houses . . . e don pass just best friend o. All the women saying "get over it", lets see how u get over it when your boyfriend starts sleeping over at his "best friends" house who just happens to be female.

2 members of the opposite sex that close will one day chop the forbideen fruit. Its only a matter of when.
WORD
@ poster
if your friend is really serious with this gal and has plans for her, i see no reason why she cant make her BOYFRIEND her BESTFRIEND
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 07, 2007
I am a girl and most of my friends are Men, Most of them work Partners. If his girl is focused, then there is nothing to be jealous about. Some girls prefer to have men as best friends because they tend to be more reliable and you can count on them to help u in some sticky situations.
He should work on his relationship and not bother about the guy.
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by jkpretty(f): 9:13am On Nov 07, 2007
I'm not in any objection to keeping guys as friends, but why should u be together almost everytime that u have to sleep in his place. No matter what guys raise ur eye brows High, if u r in such position. I wonder what she & her boyfriend have to discuss, when her so called best friend knows it all. Some second hand gist Huh!, I'm sure she dosn't know what it takes to have & keep a guy.
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by safabest(m): 9:16am On Nov 07, 2007
You should probably beware not to hurt the lady because she might possibly think you are not being serious with her anymore and just picking up a little inch to make the relationship end. I think it's fare enough when you have trust as the key to the relationship
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by onyekang1(f): 9:25am On Nov 07, 2007
aisha2:

I am a girl and most of my friends are Men, Most of them work Partners. If his girl is focused, then there is nothing to be jealous about. Some girls prefer to have men as best friends because they tend to be more reliable and you can count on them to help u in some sticky situations.
At least you dont pass the nite in their houses   .am not disputing the fact that guys sometimes, can be good friends, but why on earth should a grown lady be passing almost everynite in a guy's house when she's got herself a boyfriend or a serious relationship as the case mayb in the name of having a BESTFRIEND please people lets be very realistic .
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by uchetobi(f): 9:29am On Nov 07, 2007
Am all for the don’t be too possessive, don’t crowd my space thingy, but come on – relationship is all about compromise, if her bf doesn’t feel 2 comfy about it its not 2 much for her 2 give up, am sure he is not saying stop the friendship but he is sayin don’t pass d nite again, if she is really into him, it may be worth her while to respect his wish.

So il advice the poster to tell his friend to discuss the issue with his girlfriend and see how they can reach a reasonable compromise

@ AIsha do u pass the 9t in all these “friends” house
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by klassyguy(m): 9:29am On Nov 07, 2007
From what i read from the poster, u said the two are sooooooo close she atimes spends the nite at the guy's place? O boy watch your back o!!! Such things are dangerous. I've heard about someone who was in the same situation, and whose girlfriend supposedly went to stay at her "best friend's" house to read. Before they knew what was going on, they ended up sleeping with each other and the girl got pregnant. They guy was heart-broken. So if you know you love your babe, talk to her about the guy. She may get angry at first, but if she sees you are serious and if she too loves you, she'll have a re-think.
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by klassyguy(m): 9:34am On Nov 07, 2007
And all these babes wey dey yarn say the guy is too jealous sef. i'm sure all of you go do pass wetin the guy dey do if your boyfriends happen to have female "best friends", and whom they find no big deal spending the nite over with. Like someone said earlier, two opposite sexes spending the nite together will one day chop the "forbidden apple", or is it fruit. Yeye women.
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by uchetobi(f): 9:39am On Nov 07, 2007
klassyguy:

From what i read from the poster, u said the two are sooooooo close she atimes spends the night at the guy's place? O boy watch your back o!!! Such things are dangerous. I've heard about someone who was in the same situation, and whose girlfriend supposedly went to stay at her "best friend's" house to read. Before they knew what was going on, they ended up sleeping with each other and the girl got pregnant. They guy was heart-broken. So if you know you love your babe, talk to her about the guy. She may get angry at first, but if she sees you are serious and if she too loves you, she'll have a re-think.

Yea I know someone that happened to as well
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by iykedee: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2007
u can choose to see the doughnut, but I clearly see the hole, call me a persimist but I call myself a realist. Can't u be close to a guy without spending the night in his house? The girl in question is surely immature cos if she is, she'll know that spending the night anywhere besides her parent's house or bf's house (xcept maybe the church for night virgils, the police cell when she breaks the law, the army barracks during riots or the hospital when she is on admission) is equivalent to blue murder. For the bf, u need to lay some ground rules, if she doesnt stick to them, then give her a taste of her own medicine, invite girls to spend the night in ur house or spend the night in their's in the name of friendship. If she gets mad, she might get the point, if she's fine with it, then my friend, u're in what analysts call an"open relationship" and u'll be open to all sorts of stds if u don't play safe. For the record, she says he used to ask her out, what happened, did he stop all of a sudden? let's all be real, this girl wants to eat her cake, have it, sell it, bake it and still have a warehouse full of it. Bring her trifling ass to order.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by TeskyMan(m): 9:47am On Nov 07, 2007
[b]Na wahhhh ohh!!!!, if na so relationship be then WOMAN go dey take us as M.U.M.U, Wait and think about it, A yoruba adage says, "Ore ki no obinrin nba Okunrin se" meaning say which kin friend woman dey follow man do, My broda tell your friend to beware, cos the two of them dey chop forbidden fruit.How she wan take explain am say him best friend dey superior pass her BOY Friend,, since she don agree say she go date the guy authomatically the guy don turn him best friend and boy friend,
Tell your guy make him case no be like my case wey my first love tell me say the boy wey they live for the down flat of there house na him best friend.That time i still be m.u.m.u, No dey wey i wan go see my gf na him and the guy i dey always see, man, one day i con rakeeeeeeeeeee for my gf but she tell me say i no trust her and stuffs , she no follow me talk for 3 days later i come beg her, Mt brother 2 months later na him i hear say my gf papa nearly kill that guy say he catch them red handed for the room wey the guy they give my gf basterd Bleep, omo i cry that day i no go lie cos i get good plan for the babe infact i just enter UNILAG that time and i come look say men i be real M.U.M.U, well the thing pain me but later the girl come beg me, trust me now, i arrange the girl i no she learn her lesson infact the kind arrangement wey i do for her hennnn na only GOD fit forgive me,
So my broda tell your guy make he no deceive himself, for the fact that the guy they jealous na him b say they guy get good mind, abed introduce the girl to me, i go teach am lesson,

One luve, no be me tooo na woman teach me my lesson b4 me too i com kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo[/b]
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by mamalaj(f): 10:00am On Nov 07, 2007
Guys can be very jealous so i understand the guys plight,i also had a close friend in school and i used to sleep at his place from time to time but when i met my boyfriend ,sleeping at his place stopped but i still visited him,that doesnt mean that our friendship waned or went sour,i just felt it was the right thing to do.As for this couple,I think the guy shud tell the gal how he feels in the nicest manner he knows how so the gal doesnt feel he wants to start dictating and ordering her abt.
Na so i feel o, grin
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by mamalaj(f): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2007
Iykedee,na wa u harsh o,which kine person u be sef.Instead of you to look for how to salvage their relationship you dey there dey offer evil advice.
You must be a Hiltler to your chick.I bow to you ooooo cry
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by Fikzy(f): 10:21am On Nov 07, 2007
Na wa Oh.

Is it save to advise my pal to enqiure if anyting hapenned between his GF and her bestfriend at least before they started dating?  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by Fikzy(f): 10:30am On Nov 07, 2007
iykedee:

For the record, she says he used to ask her out, what happened, did he stop all of a sudden? let's all be real, this girl wants to eat her cake, have it, sell it, bake it and still have a warehouse full of it. Bring her trifling ass to order.

Dont rememeber saying she says he used to ask her out shocked

Ma ko igbo si me lapo [Dont put weed in my pocket] grin
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by shadex1(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2007
aisha2:

He should work on his relationship and not bother about the guy.
@aisha2
Can you try telling one of your male friends you have a crush on him or something and see how he would respond.
try seducing him and see what happens.

A guy steps up to a lady because he finds her sexually attractive.ladies are mostly attracted by a guy's brains,power,the material things he possess and rarely are they attracted to a guy solely because of his physical appearance while guys are solely attracted by a lady's physical appearances.so when a guy steps up to a girl,its not because he wants to be friends with her.Guys only hide under the shadow of friendship because that is the best way they can stay close to her and hope one day the opportunity would come for them to express their true feelings or maybe she would probably see through the whole 'FRIENDSHIP' thing one day and also tell him that she likes him.
That sexual attraction would always be there even if the girl is not attracted to him,he would always be,she is a lady and it is only normal he finds her attractive(UNLESS HE IS GAY).he wouldnt have stepped to her if he didnt.Sooner or later when he can't take it anymore he would pour out his mind to her.I am still waiting for the day when people would understand there is really nothing like Male+female friendship.99% of them are hiding in the shadow of friendship when they actually want more than that.
As a girl,just sit down and imagine how you would take it if one of your close male friends tells you he likes you and wants to try and work things out with you and does something to make you believe he is serious.I guess that would disgust you except you also like him too
Also imagine what would happen if you told one of your male friends that you actually like him,and send him some sorta love texts or something to show you are serious and watch how he would take advantage of that and work towards getting you.
Yea,there are male+female friendships that last.but just bout 1% of the whole and some actually last because the guys are just too weak or scared of loosing the whole 'FRIENDSHIP' .
I have been best friend's to some girls in the past and i know what goes down and what goes on in my mind if it eventually doesnt go down.
Right now,am best friend's to some girl and shez been giving some signs.so what more.
Each time any attractive girl wants to be friends with me i tell her that she shouldnt be surprised if one day I tell her i like her because she really doesnt expect me to be feigning friendship when i find her attractive and would want more than friendship.So its better she forgets being friends with me or takes the risk.
I once told a girl that she shouldnt think am her friend,its only because i don't find her really attractive thats why i never stepped to her and the moment i start finding her attractive i would step to her,and she laughed but that was just me being blunt.
Ok my advice is make the girl understand whats up and its only right the guy is jealous because he really feels something for her and she should be worried if he is comfortable with her being very close to another guy.
so i guess the problem is with the girl and not the guy.
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by dafizzygir: 10:34am On Nov 07, 2007
lol.i really don't tink dat she loves him as much as he does cryhence why would she b havin another best friend besides her boyfriend angrytechnically,once u accept a guy,the both of you automatically becomes best friends so,i'd say,he talks to her bout it wink
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by lhorrigan: 10:39am On Nov 07, 2007
who wan gree?
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by mamalaj(f): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2007
Fikzy u sure say na ur friend u dey help or urself,cos ur questions/concern is getting too much ooo winkabi is the issue abt u,dont feel shy to say it,we dont know u.We will still help u out.
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by oshoyombo(m): 10:49am On Nov 07, 2007
This issue is basically a case of greed on the part of the chick and slacking on the part of the supposed male best friend. as some smart guys and girls have posted earlier, some one wants to shag but does not know how to say it. If the guy has a GF of his own, would he still allow his she-bestfriend to spend the nite in his house?
and for the chick, she wants to eat her cake and have it (and this is becoming very common amongst our ladies) how can u have a BF that cares, luvs,and gives you all the attention, still u have a supposed male best friend to run errands for u as well, na wa o!!!! can u allow ur BF have a she-best friend in his house all nite as well?? the answer is NO ( all ladies will agree to that  wink. so do not offer wat u can't accept.

Lets be realistic men and women were not created to be friends, there is always a sexual undertone to a man/woman friendship. Men are basically predators, but the difference is that some are sharper than the others, its only a matter of time before the guy gets wat he wants.
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by klassyguy(m): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2007
Teskyman, abeg which kain arrangement u arrange for the girl? i dey curious.
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by uchetobi(f): 11:26am On Nov 07, 2007
Shadex I agree with u logically, I mean modst he is my best friend thingy have undertones of sexual attraction and tension
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by Bolarge(m): 12:23pm On Nov 07, 2007
@$hadex
My guy, u spilled it just the way it is. Kudos men. cool
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by Matured26(m): 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2007
Hmnnnnn,
Am really laughing.
Laughing my heart out.
What kind of a girl is that and what kind of a best friend is that.
The guy obviously has every reason under the heavens to be jealous cos If I were in his shoes, I would be as well.
The solution is quite simple
He needs to make his gf understand how he feels (I have discovered that majority of problems that happen in relationships could be solved by discussions) and men dont always want to open up cos they dont want to look like fools
Pls tell ur friend to discuss with his gf and register his displeasure. Watch her rxn and then take a decision. It could be that she would actually prefer the best friend and probably the best friend is not looking her way. He needs to take an action fast especially when it is now at the level of the fact that she can sleep over at her best friends house.
Are they relatives or what?
The line has to be drawn.
It's either you don't get into a relationship at all than getting in and causing pple heartaches or refuse to get in and continue living your free life.
All the best
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by BabaNee2(m): 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2007
In all sincerity, your friend really need to be very worried !

Most times, when the opposite sex are best of friends, they remain so because of some innate respect for each other. Most times, they could even have gone over the edge. The excuse would be the normal "mistake" everybody resort to whenever they 've committed some offence.

So your friend should simply show the lady all his sincerity and wait for her feedback in deed. If she over time disengages herself from this "best friend", then she is genuine. But if she clings to this same person with the same passion she's been exhibiting prior to the time your friend met her. Then your friend should be very careful with her. She is really into the other guy and only time would tell what will still happen bettween them.

By the way, don't we all say we want our wives to be our best friends?

Oh, i am speaking from a similar experience.
Re: My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous! by henchmark: 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2007
hey nairalanders,
lets get serious here, we are dealing with emotions here, i really cannot understand what people mean when they say she's had a life of her own before you met her, it then means she can go around doing all the stupid things she's been doing before, get this into your head man, SHE OBVIOUSLY DOESNT LOVE YOU i will say, i want to believe you have told her how it makes you feel and if she still comfortable with it ,i guess you better let them be, common you dont have to kill yourself over 1 when there are a million, mind you the friend is a 'HE', justs like you, any relationship that plaques you with pain should instantly be brought to an end. if  woman does not feel bound to a resonable extent by the laws of her man, then treat her the same way, look for a FEMALE CONFIDANT period.  

if you choose to continue, you probably may from time to time need to be hiring a heart  massaging machine. good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Neighbour Is Showing Me Green Light Despite The Fact That She's Married / Nigerian Military Wedding Pictures / Man Took A Lady On A Date Without Having Much Money. See What Happened Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.