Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa (5309 Views)

Policemen Allegedly Kill Akure Woman Politician During Scuffle / Taxi Driver Dies After Scuffle At Roadside Buka / Tragedy Hits Family As Man Kills Wife During Scuffle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by SANCTO: 10:34am On Apr 16, 2012
Police kill prison warder in Yenagoa
By Agency Reporter 16 minutes ago
Font size:

Tragedy struck in Yenagoa on Sunday evening when an Inspector with the Nigeria Prisons Service, Mr. Erezidor Ugo was allegedly killed by a policeman during a scuffle.
The incident, according to an eyewitness, occurred opposite Wisdom Estate, along Nikton Road in the Kpansia suburb of Yenagoa, Bayelsa.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) gathered that the deceased, was shot in his house while entertaining two of his colleagues, who came to felicitate with him for buying a new car.
A Police patrol team, led by the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of Ekeki Division, Mr. Nemi Iwoh, was said to have arrived the area in response to a distress call from a resident, with gunshots being fired in the vicinity.
The police team reportedly noticed one of the prison warders carrying a gun and tried to disarm him, but he allegedly refused to hand over the gun and in the ensuing scuffle it went off and killed Ugo.
However, wife of the deceased, Mrs. Binafegha Ugo, claimed that her husband was shot dead by the police in her presence and that of her six-year-old daughter.
Ugo, who was reportedly shot in the abdomen, was immediately rushed to the Glory Land Hospital, Ovom, where he died.
When NAN visited the hospital, the body of the deceased was found covered on a hospital bed with his relations and friends wailing.
The Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Eguavoen Emokpai, confirmed the incident, saying all parties involved in the incident, including the DPO and a prison warder had been arrested.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/43299-police-kill-prison-warder-in-yenagoa.html
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by SANCTO: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2012
PLZ moderator move this to front page. The world must see police inhumanity to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by ifyalways(f): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2012
Bad news everyday,everywhere.Tufia!!!
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by sweetcocoa(f): 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
Hmm what will someone call this one now?

I sincerely believe something is wrong with most policemen,I just don't get it,shooting a man for refusing to handover his gun.

Does it mean the prison warder had no right to bear the arm or what?nna eh ike this country agwu go'm.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by Osama10(m): 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2012
What a waste of life.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by highland(m): 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
That is misuse of privelege from the policeman.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
You cant totally blame the policemen. A prison warder is supposed to handover a gun after duty and even if he had the right to take it home, I believe he may not have clearly introduced himself. Besides, he was supposed to handover the gun to the policemen and introduce himself formally. Trust Nigerians to just use the "espirit de corp" attitude and what has happened is regrettable.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by coolguy2002: 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
ok. yeah. but y do u kill some1 no matter how
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by Prettypresh(f): 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nawa for these olokpa dem oooh, if it were to be armedrobbers, they wud av hid themselves until d operation is ova. See how dem waste innocent life.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by sweetcocoa(f): 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2012
LeoMax: You cant totally blame the policemen. A prison warder is supposed to handover a gun after duty and even if he had the right to take it home, I believe he may not have clearly introduced himself. Besides, he was supposed to handover the gun to the policemen and introduce himself formally. Trust Nigerians to just use the "espirit de corp" attitude and what has happened is regrettable.
okay fine even if the man refused to handover the gun,why struggle with him for it?its not as if they were in a hidden place where the warder could shoot him,this incident happened in the warder's house for feck's sakes.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by doublecross(m): 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2012
The issue of the nigerian police has been for ages. We alll know that. This is not the first time its happening so we need not be shocked. what baffles me is that no one seems to be doing anything. If i were the prsident of nigeria, The police force will hate me with passion as i will make sure all police officers go through another training. I am sure not all police officers are qualified for the post. some are just there for the corrupt practices. I will also enforce a law which states that any police officer who is found guilty of corrupt practices would be sentenced to death. will also enforce other strong laws that the police force cannot help but obey. If there is a law as the second i stated, (any police officer who is found guilty of corrupt practices would be sentenced to death) believe me...you go beg police man tire to accept bribe from you. Nobody wan loose him life. Hope my fellow nlanders see reasons with me on this one.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by dubem3(m): 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2012
sweetcocoa: Hmm what will someone call this one now?

I sincerely believe something is wrong with most policemen,I just don't get it,shooting a man for refusing to handover his gun.

Does it mean the prison warder had no right to bear the arm or what?nna eh ike this country agwu go'm.

nne malu ma i ga akwa je niger republic
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by sweetcocoa(f): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
dubem3:

nne malu ma i ga akwa je niger republic
grin Nna i burokwa ezigbo nmadu o,ichoro ka aguo gbuo mu ba?anyways ofuduru just obere ife,UK na eche'm for my masters.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by users1: 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2012
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by Abali1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2012
this story is not yet complete. The police was patrolling the area due to a distress call. Does that mean the guy who was entertaining guests came out at that time and started brandishing a gun. Or the distress call was directed at the guys house? When the police man noticed the gun, why didn't he just threaten the guy that either he hands over the gun or he risks arrests? why didn't they ask the man for identification or simply release a bullet in the air if it was just to intimidate the guy to hand over the gun?
The wife claims that her husband was shot in front of her? I don't think she was reffering to any scuffle.
Abeg there are so many questions begging for an answer from this story.

Methinks that the guy was assasinated by the NPF.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by dubem3(m): 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
sweetcocoa: grin Nna i burokwa ezigbo nmadu o,ichoro ka aguo gbuo mu ba?anyways ofuduru just obere ife,UK na eche'm for my masters.

o dikwa mma...igu cha kwa ibatawa oh
o kwa ebe afu ka ezigbo aguu di
maka na ndi niger na ako nri.
gini ka iguru na mahadum?
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by sweetcocoa(f): 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
dubem3:

o dikwa mma...igu cha kwa ibatawa oh
o kwa ebe afu ka ezigbo aguu di
maka na ndi niger na ako nri.
gini ka iguru na mahadum?
cheesy Mba aguu ama'n gu'm that side,insurance cover me on that.
Aka'm na gu akukwo,ife gbasara public health na technology.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by dubem3(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
sweetcocoa: cheesy Mba aguu ama'n gu'm that side,insurance cover me on that.
Aka'm na gu akukwo,ife gbasara public health na technology.

ebe obu na i nwere Abraham na nna
nya diri gi ka isi choo
mana ike brain drain agwu go anyii
i gu cha kwaa ibatawa.
kedu mahadum bu nke'a?
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by sweetcocoa(f): 2:33pm On Apr 16, 2012
dubem3:

ebe obu na i nwere Abraham na nna
nya diri gi ka isi choo
mana ike brain drain agwu go anyii
i gu cha kwaa ibatawa.
kedu mahadum bu nke'a?
O m'ga bata ma oburu na mu alughi onye ocha cheesy,i ma na odiro nma enye your details on NL maka assassination so ka anyi hapu ya like that,friend request no ya for you wink.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by Okijajuju1(m): 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2012
Once more, another sign of a failed society.

First question is does the Nigerian Police have a clear "Rule of Engagement" that is known to every officer?!

Secondly, what was a prison warden doing with his firearm outside of the prisons?!

Thirdly, why did he resist handing over the weapon and then properly identifying himself later?!

Fourthly, Was he the person firing shots off that led to the distress call?

This is an attitude that I noticed in Calabar during my service days. I remember severally, I would be sitting with strangers having a drink and the next thing they would bring out a loaded magazine. a beratta or even a knife. I remember a guy opening his trunk at a bar for me to stow some of my things and he had his Heckler and Kosh G3 service rifle in the trunk. . . AT a Bar!! Then I realized that they were mostly Nigerian Navy, Airforce, Army, Customs/immigrations and Prisons personnel. On one occasion, a Nigerian Naval Personnel fired his service pistol into the air to wake his drunk colleague, it was so random as we were all gathered and thinking about who would drive him (the drunk guy) in his car home.

This is a product of gross indiscipline in the armed forces. The Nigerian Police Officer may not have been right to fire upon the man if he wasnt threatening to shoot them, but the man was armed, wouldnt surrender his weapon and apparently there was a tussle which led to his death.

I personally believe that he was shot point blank without a tussle especially when he refused to surrender his weapon.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by dubem3(m): 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2012
sweetcocoa: O m'ga bata ma oburu na mu alughi onye ocha cheesy,i ma na odiro nma enye your details on NL maka assassination so ka anyi hapu ya like that,friend request no ya for you wink.

ge kwa nti, nke ukwu
anyi achoghi Onye/ndi ocha
ha nile so cha na brain drain'a m'na agwa gi
umu nwoke anyi maalu Ka esi akpachapuru
umu nwanyi anyi anya.
Nya bu, gba mbo wenatalu anyi ihe anyi.
Ka anyi karizia na azu ulo
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by SANCTO: 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
the prison warder was in uniform when the incident happened.How do you expect an officer to surrender his rifle AK 47 to another person? Anyway Nothing was done to the DPO who fired the shot as i saw him moving in his Uniform.
Even at that 'YOU ARE TO SHOOT TO MAIM NOT TO KILL' THIS IS ONE OF RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.
He was not arrested. Ijaw boys where the Warder is from promised the Officer a Dine visitation. I trust Ijaw boys its a matter of days.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by Okijajuju1(m): 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
dubem3:

ge kwa nti, nke ukwu
umu nwanyi anyi anya.

Adi kwa'm avaliable.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by dubem3(m): 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2012
Okija_juju:

Adi kwa'm avaliable.

nna ngwa nu ka anyi fu C.V gi
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by Okijajuju1(m): 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
dubem3:

nna ngwa nu ka anyi fu C.V gi

HAhahaha!!

Nwokem adi'm over qualified. . .
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by sweetcocoa(f): 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2012
dubem3:

ge kwa nti, nke ukwu
umu nwanyi anyi anya.
Okay anula'm ihe i kwuru,nsogbu adighi ya wink.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by dubem3(m): 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2012
Okija_juju:

HAhahaha!!

Nwokem adi'm over qualified. . .

nya na ibuzi NOI?
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by Okijajuju1(m): 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
dubem3:

nya na ibuzi NOI?

O nwannem nwayi ka obu. Mua bu Ichie Okija. . Resident Eze mmuo of Nairaland. CEO Okija & Apprentices Group of Companies. . Improter, Expoter, Manufacturer and general enterprises. . E'wem shop n'abu na Onitsha, ofu na Alaba, e'buo na Ariaria. A nom na ofe, na su pkutupkutu.
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by Mary2471: 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
Wen will all dis end?boko haram today,police tomorrow.Abegi........
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by 27naira(m): 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
Okija_juju:

O nwannem nwayi ka obu. Mua bu Ichie Okija. . Resident Eze mmuo of Nairaland. CEO Okija & Apprentices Group of Companies. . Improter, Expoter, Manufacturer and general enterprises. . E'wem shop n'abu na Onitsha, ofu na Alaba, e'buo na Ariaria. A nom na ofe, na su pkutupkutu.

grin grin grin

Ichie!!! grin

Nwanne idi over qualified indeed! cheesy

Ngwanu Sweetcocoa over to you. grin

Resident Eze mmuo indeed! cheesy
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2012
Re: Policeman Kill Prison Officer During A Scuffle In Yenagoa by dubem3(m): 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
Okija_juju:

nwa nna, ekene kwa'm gi!
C.V gi'a di kwa very impressive.
Mana dika eze mmuo isii na ibu,
igbo gi eyeghi eye cha chaa.
Mana nsogbu adighi.
Amakwa'm na ihe i na ere na shopu gi
bu umu ihe eji achu aja.
Anyi ga akpo ada anyi nwanyi bu sweet cocoa, k'anyi juo nya uche ya

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I'm Not Dead, I'm Alive" - Lady Drugged And Raped By Four Guys Speaks Out. / Mushing Is Boiling! / 20 Die In NURTW Factional Clash In Sango Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.