Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (59431 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Can A City Be Commercial And Serene In Nigeria? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by jason123: 5:13pm On Apr 19, 2012
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Fhemmmy: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
manny4life: Beautiful, in Nigeria, yeah but in Africa, particularly with springing up developing nations, that's a question I don't really think we'll have answers too unless there's physical comparisons. However, I do know it will compete with major cities in Africa.

It is very possible as long as our leaders are willing to invest the money and not "tsevni" the money into their funnels
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
PBundles: Depends which one actually, as I stated earlier im mixed. Maternal is Northern and SE and paternal is SW and MW(IKA). So let me know which one I should praise Himler. Adolf will soon be backing you very soon.

You mean you have no home or any kind of self of belonging?

No wonder you are a perpetual sadists.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Beaf: 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2012
PBundles:
Its always a pity when one receives a response like this. Your response would seem to imply you understand the dynamics of private funding. What makes you think I dont know the project? Or did you assume (you know what they say about assume, it makes an as. of u and me) that I didnt know the project. Yo claim its not a government project because you read PRIVATE FUNDED. SMH . A project like this, is NEVER I repeat NEVER totally private financed. How do I know, Im a director at an investment bank based in London/Amsterdam and have worked on various projects (ie Jorf Lasfar Energy Company (morocco) which I worked on in the 90's to name a few). There will always be municipal/government connection for the simple fact that private investors will not partake, same as credit insurers or even the banks. The latter I know for a fact. Do you think private investors are going to build this city for nothing and the government, as you seem to think will sit back and enjoy it dont think so. I can assure you that the Lagos state government is involved.

But why take my word, you are the expert. Better yet, lets take the word of those involved. I quote (got it from the PR section of the website):

The most ambitious project in recent times in real estate, Eko Atlantic city was conceived by the administration of the former governor of Lagos state, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) endeavour to regain beach ground lost to over 100 years of sea erosion and surges and build a modern city which Nigeria and Africa would experience for the very first time and be proud of.

Let me guess they made a mistake, how could this be, my friend read Private, SMH.

Many infrastructural projects (electricity, water, roads etc) have been done elsewhere on joint bases or even private. Im personally of the opinion that the private sector is where Nigeria should look towards, but the priorities are wrong. For my part let private individuals build roads and charge toll at least they will be maintained. Same goes for electricity, will cost more but at least you will have it. You claim it will come from taxes, which form. Didnt know we had a reliable tax regime even for so called registered corporations. You are right the money doesnt grow on trees, though some government officials may not agree with you. Remind us how much do we make again per day on petroleum? One would think that would be enough, but I may be wrong. This project how grand, in my humble opinion, is not top priority.

Thanks so much for this. I do not possess your indepth financial knowledge to have been able to put it across so beautifully, but this is exactly why I called Gbawe out for saying that he was mortgaging his property as his part in getting the project going.
Thank God we've got brilliant minds like yours with experience in mega projects. Please remain on this thread, your input would be highly valued.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2012
I would take offense but I have come to the conclusion you have no idea of the terms you use. You hear something it sounds interesting and you use it. Help us how does being cultural diverse turn you into a sadist. By the way sadist is not plural. Do you know what it means or will you pull a Private Investor one on us again. Im a nigerian not SW, not SE not Northerner and my blood line makes me feel totally at home at all regions not just SW. You are a tribalist which actually makes you a racist. I bet you thought that was only made for white people, LOSER, uneducated pretender. LIKE I SAID EARLIER I AM MORE WELCOME THERE THAN YOU WILL EVER BE.
Eko Ile:

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2012
My pleasure. Its a shame though that one cant carry out an intelligent discussion here, even if we dont agree. And then when you catch them fibbing they get angry and start to insult you. I for one hate to be ignorant, so when I dont know I simply ask. The Chinese have a great saying that says ONLY A FOOL CONTINUES TO TRAVEL DOWN A PATH HE KNOWS LEADS IN THE WRONG DIRECTION ONLY BECAUSE HE IS ASHAMED OF TURNING BACK AS HE MAY MEET PEOPLE HE PASSED. A WISE MAN DOESNT CARE AS HE KNOWS AT LEAST HE IS NOW GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

TAKE CARE AND I WISH YOU MANY MANY TOMORROWS.

Beaf:

Thanks so much for this. I do not possess your indepth financial knowledge to have been able to put it across so beautifully, but this is exactly why I called Gbawe out for saying that he was mortgaging his property as his part in getting the project going.
Thank God we've got brilliant minds like yours with experience in mega projects. Please remain on this thread, your input would be highly valued.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Beaf: 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
^
Thanks bro. Prayer returned many times over.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 10:06pm On Apr 19, 2012
PBundles: I would take offense but I have come to the conclusion you have no idea of the terms you use. You hear something it sounds interesting and you use it. Help us how does being cultural diverse turn you into a sadist. By the way sadist is not plural. Do you know what it means or will you pull a Private Investor one on us again. Im a nigerian not SW, not SE not Northerner and my blood line makes me feel totally at home at all regions not just SW. You are a tribalist which actually makes you a racist. I bet you thought that was only made for white people, LOSER, uneducated pretender. LIKE I SAID EARLIER I AM MORE WELCOME THERE THAN YOU WILL EVER BE.

I don't even care who you are or where you're from, you just sound so sad and ignorant. You don't even have any clue regarding state, federal, and private responsibilities, yo don't know anything about investments and tax generation as collective benefits for the state the the people so you have nothing better to contribute but the same ignorant statements.

like I said, you are a sadists, a dangerous and ignorant pessimist and a soul with no sense of belonging.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Beaf: 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2012
Eko Ile:

I don't even care who you are or where you're from, you just sound so sad and ignorant. You don't even have any clue regarding state, federal, and private responsibilities, yo don't know anything about investments and tax generation as collective benefits for the state the the people so you have nothing better to contribute but the same ignorant statements.

like I said, you are a sadists, a dangerous and ignorant pessimist and a soul with no sense of belonging.
Eko Ile:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Twice?
Dis one don pass "be careful!"
...And so the willful plunder, crushing and ra'pe of the Queens lingo continues.

Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire!! Holy Ghost Fire!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 10:21pm On Apr 19, 2012
^^^^

Ain't you ashamed ? what is the governor of YOUR state doing about the rising sea level and population ?
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Beaf: 10:24pm On Apr 19, 2012
alj harem: ^^^^

Ain't you ashamed ? what is the governor of YOUR state doing about the rising sea level and population ?
Abeg, you people continue your arguments with PBundles, an international banker who is showing how much egusi soup is between your ears.
Me, I de look an laf una! grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by phantom(m): 10:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin pbundles ....abi i no warn you?you argue with someone who spells "sadists" and you expect to get your money's worth? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
THIS IS NAIRALAND!! grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 10:50pm On Apr 19, 2012
Beaf:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Twice?
Dis one don pass "be careful!"
...And so the willful plunder, crushing and ra'pe of the Queens lingo continues.

Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire!! Holy Ghost Fire!!! grin grin grin grin

Ode swamp rat, cell phone auto correct mean anything to you?

What a dunce.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2012

1 Like

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2012
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by phantom(m): 11:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
as far as i am concerned this project is just another playground for the super rich in this country.pure and simple! developed countries and emerging economies srive everyday to make that line between the rich and the poor as indistinct as possible but the reverse is the case in this country.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 11:44pm On Apr 19, 2012
phantom: as far as i am concerned this project is just another playground for the super rich in this country.pure and simple! developed countries and emerging economies srive everyday to make that line between the rich and the poor as indistinct as possible but the reverse is the case in this country.

Listen to this villager. Don't worry, ego better for you one day. Your state is 4 times richer than Lagos state, your state's budget is 4 times larger than Lagos state, but what do you have to show for it? Nothing but backwardness.

When was the last time your village governor commissioned anything, even a chicken cage? You should be spending more time worrying and crying over your pathetic state and asking your isi ewu and pami governors what they are doing with your money.

What a loser.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 8:14am On Apr 20, 2012
You do care where im from, you asked me remember Mr Tribalist. You know what they do to people like you in the Hague (whats the Hague he ask, LOSER). Its people like you that take part in ethnic cleansing.

More finance lessons, the tax your talking about, um MR PI, dont you pay tax on profits made.,,,, so um the tax you are talking about will be collected once they start making a profit. Pls o smart one when will that be? Im still waiting about the test i gave you earlier. If the land is leased not sold,what does that constitute.

By the way nice try on the auto correct for spelling, so lets get this straight your phone auto corrects with missplelled words. Dude does yr level of stupidity get lower cus every time i think it cant get any worse you surprise me. My Phone you are good,,,,, keep making a fool of yourself.

Eko Ile:

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 8:18am On Apr 20, 2012
LEADERSHIP WEEKEND
October 9, 2010.
A New City for the Rich in Lagos

http://ekoatlantic.com/press-pr/press_leadership.htm

enuf said,, ,,,,,

Eko Ile:

Listen to this villager. Don't worry, ego better for you one day. Your state is 4 times richer than Lagos state, your state's budget is 4 times larger than Lagos state, but what do you have to show for it? Nothing but backwardness.

When was the last time your village governor commissioned anything, even a chicken cage? You should be spending more time worrying and crying over your pathetic state and asking your isi ewu and pami governors what they are doing with your money.

What a loser.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 8:20am On Apr 20, 2012
LEADERSHIP WEEKEND
October 9, 2010.
A New City for the Rich in Lagos

http://ekoatlantic.com/press-pr/press_leadership.htm

enuf said,, ,,,,,

phantom: as far as i am concerned this project is just another playground for the super rich in this country.pure and simple! developed countries and emerging economies srive everyday to make that line between the rich and the poor as indistinct as possible but the reverse is the case in this country.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 8:21am On Apr 20, 2012
YES YOU DID (sigh) embarassed

phantom: grin grin grin grin grin pbundles ....abi i no warn you?you argue with someone who spells "sadists" and you expect to get your money's worth? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
THIS IS NAIRALAND!! grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by manny4life(m): 8:40am On Apr 20, 2012
PBundles,

If I were you, I'll stay away from arguing with some folks on Nairaland, believe me, it's certainly not worth it. Phantom had warned you, but you did not listen, trust and believe, no matter how much Finance and Economics you teach certain folks on here, it falls on deaf ears. Kudos brother, you tried in the educative part.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 10:14am On Apr 20, 2012
Yes yr right. Hey following the Caps (NHL) in DC?

manny4life: PBundles,

If I were you, I'll stay away from arguing with some folks on Nairaland, believe me, it's certainly not worth it. Phantom had warned you, but you did not listen, trust and believe, no matter how much Finance and Economics you teach certain folks on here, it falls on deaf ears. Kudos brother, you tried in the educative part.

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rhino5dm: 10:14am On Apr 20, 2012
dual post
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rhino5dm: 10:15am On Apr 20, 2012
In other news, 500 million dollars shopping mall is coming to Imo. Now, how about you shut the eff up? This is south west and your hates and bigotry is irrelevant here.

If you like cry blue murder, this project must see the light of the day. Small time fools go begin talk say na dem they build Lagos.

Bad belle winch them! Wetin concine you with south west matter? If we like we go even relocate agberos and NURTW employees over there. Is it your money? Arrantus Nonsensicus.

manny4life: PBundles,

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by manny4life(m): 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
In other news, 500 million dollars shopping mall is coming to Imo. Now, how about you shut the eff up? This is south west and your hates and bigotry is irrelevant here.

If you like cry blue murder, this project must see the light of the day. Small time fools go begin talk say na dem they build Lagos.

Bad belle winch them! Wetin concine you with south west matter? If we like we go even relocate agberos and NURTW employees over there. Is it your money? Arrantus Nonsensicus.

Seriously Mr Rhino, what is your problem? You've attacked me on several threads like I owe you some money, like really, wasup with that? angry angry angry Was I talking to you? My post was referred to the PBundles, how does it affect you? Besides, my response is self explanatory, so what's the beaf, eh? angry angry angry Apparently, you're blind that you did not see my comments on that thread,

Look, as much as I love to see aggressive economic development irrespective of regional differences and geographical locations, I give my criticism when I have to, aside that, I don't really give a flying fu/ck. Did I ever say it won't see the light of day? Whatever you smoked this morning that has impaired your thoughts , I sure don't know, but that's your problem NOT MINE.

You have serious issues,the sooner you stop sniffing that ganja and cooling it down with that hate-o-rade, you will NEVER be the same. For real, leave me the fu/ck alone, I have told you and your cohorts, it's not my nature to stay on NL and ranting rubbish, if you decide to quote me, and you want to have a meaningful discourse, do so respectfully, and I will gladly oblige if NOT, get off.

PBundles: Yes yr right. Hey following the Caps (NHL) in DC?

No man, not a fan at all.. grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
PBundles: You do care where im from, you asked me remember Mr Tribalist. You know what they do to people like you in the Hague (whats the Hague he ask, LOSER). Its people like you that take part in ethnic cleansing.

More finance lessons, the tax your talking about, um MR PI, dont you pay tax on profits made.,,,, so um the tax you are talking about will be collected once they start making a profit. Pls o smart one when will that be? Im still waiting about the test i gave you earlier. If the land is leased not sold,what does that constitute.

By the way nice try on the auto correct for spelling, so lets get this

straight your phone auto corrects with missplelled words. Dude does yr level of stupidity get lower cus every time i think it cant get any worse you surprise me. My Phone you are good,,,,, keep making a fool of yourself one pathetic bad bele clown

Are you too dumb to figure out that you are wasting your time? Do you really think your ignorant talk on NL means anything to this project? Is

You can jump and even kill yourself if you like, that's your dumb a,s,,,,s problem. Eko Atlantic don't even know there's one bad bele clown on NL trying to commit suicide.....

Idiots, na to leave their village and begin do acrobatic over other people success den sabi. Useless people . This is why your villages dey go backward and lagos dey progress....losers.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rhino5dm: 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2012
Not until fools like you and other moronss like beaf stop hiding under the guise of objectivity to belittle anything from southwest. By the way, I don't give a rat arzz about your sorry self.

Stay off my region, else you won't see me coming. Punk arzz bigot!!

manny4life:

Seriously Mr Rhino, what is your problem? You've attacked me on several threads like I owe you some money, like really, wasup with that? angry angry angry Was I talking to you? My post was referred to the PBundles, how does it affect you? Besides, my response is self explanatory, so what's the beaf, eh? angry angry angry Apparently, you're blind that you did not see my comments on that thread,

Look, as much as I love to see aggressive economic development irrespective of regional differences and geographical locations, I give my criticism when I have to, aside that, I don't really give a flying fu/ck. Did I ever say it won't see the light of day? Whatever you smoked this morning that has impaired your thoughts , I sure don't know, but that's your problem NOT MINE.

You have serious issues,the sooner you stop sniffing that ganja and cooling it down with that hate-o-rade, you will NEVER be the same. For real, leave me the fu/ck alone, I have told you and your cohorts, it's not my nature to stay on NL and ranting rubbish, if you decide to quote me, and you want to have a meaningful discourse, do so respectfully, and I will gladly oblige if NOT, get off.

No man, not a fan at all.. grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by manny4life(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Not until fools like you and other moronss like beaf stop hiding under the guise of objectivity to belittle anything from southwest. By the way, I don't give a rat arzz about your sorry self.

Perfect case of pot calling kettle black; so because it's SW, I'm exempt from making criticism? shocked shocked shocked Besides, what part of my post was belittling you "South West"

You need HELP and FAST.. pray to your mini-god that in their infinite mercy, they will guide you with wisdom and above all strength to further continue using those drugs that impair the brain... Say Amen, AMEN...
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rhino5dm: 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
Your so called "criticism" is pure bigotry which intelligent minds can easily decode.

Even the deaf, dumb and blind can easily percieve the deep coated bigotry filled comments you constantly spew in the name of being objective. Come out of the closet and stop acting like a hypocrite. If you call me a "bigot" for being passionate about my region, then I should buy you a drink.

Secondly, your whatever opinion is irrelevant here, cos the people of south west are not complaining, rather they praying against winch like you for the project to be successful.

manny4life:

Perfect case of pot calling kettle black; so because it's SW, I'm exempt from making criticism? shocked shocked shocked Besides, what part of my post was belittling you "South West"

You need HELP and FAST.. pray to your mini-god that in their infinite mercy, they will guide you with wisdom and above all strength to further continue using those drugs that impair the brain... Say Amen, AMEN...
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Beaf: 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2012
Eko Ile:

Ode swamp rat, cell phone auto correct mean anything to you?

What a dunce.

My friend, sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap dia!
[size=14pt]You "is a perpetual sadists!"[/size]

Laf go wound me o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Beaf: 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Not until fools like you and other moronss like beaf stop hiding under the guise of [b]objectivity [/b]to belittle anything from southwest. By the way, I don't give a rat arzz about your sorry self.

You should learn objectivity so that you stop sounding like an arsehole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived / Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted / 2 Soldiers Dropped Their Guns & Knelt Down To Pray (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.