Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] (33015 Views)

Please What CSS Code Do I Need To Use To Solve This Problem / How Do I View Wordpress Site On Mobile In Local Environment? / Please Review This Site And Suggest Css Code Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by dansmog(m): 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
can any1 tell me how i can view a website css code. like for instance if i want to view a websites html code i press ctrl+u and it will give me thee code in a notepad editor. so how can i do it for css also, thanks waiting for your comments
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by switchmax8: 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
poster,
You can only view CSS code that is Inline(that included into the html codes),you cannot view the one that is external which has different file folder that will be uploaded separately.The external CSS code is the type that is common you cannot view it,you can only view the one include into the html code.
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by dansmog(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
thanks!!
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by DualCore1: 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2012
switchmax8: poster,
You can only view CSS code that is Inline(that included into the html codes),you cannot view the one that is external which has different file folder that will be uploaded separately.The external CSS code is the type that is common you cannot view it,you can only view the one include into the html code.

This information is wrong.

CSS is clientside and can be viewed. There is no CSS who's source cannot be viewed. As long as your browser can see the CSS, you can see it.

You see internal and inline CSS on the main page source. To view external CSS, look at the CSS declaration within the <head> tags and follow the path. Some browsers like firefox allow you to click on the paths and they take you straight to the external css file. The same is applicable to Javascript.
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by switchmax8: 10:34pm On Apr 16, 2012
i have not view external css am not sure of your explanation.why it is on firefox alone,i have tried what you said it has not shown.
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by sisqology(m): 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2012
Omg! Simple explanation!!! Dualcore explained well already.

Between <head> and </head>, u will see d external css written as

<link href="Bleep.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

just click what i have above
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by switchmax8: 10:07am On Apr 17, 2012
that has not answered my question or the poster's question.i know the mode of link external css what the poster is asking how can he access the css codes and dualcore said he can do that by checking the website on fireworks.i have not heard someone said css external code can be access when he said it can be access that was the reason am asking for a tutorial on how to do that i am into web design as well just want to have more knowledge on how to access the physical codes of external css
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by chrishenzo: 10:26am On Apr 17, 2012
@Poster

If you want to view css of any website, do any of the following

First Option
Check the html source code of the website. Let's use Nairaland as an example. Check the source code of Nairaland and under the header, you will see the link to the css. Nairaland looks like the
"<link href="/static/nl2.css/10" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">".Firefox enable you to click on the css link and it will direct you to the css. But you can also simple type "www.nairaland.com/static/nl2.css/10" (Without the quotation mark) and you will get the css code.

Second Option

If you are using firefox, as a webdesigner I believe you have firebug addon and Web developer addon already installed. You can use any of the tool to manipulate any website of your choice.

To do the same in other browsers like IE,SAFARI,CHROME,Opera. Simply hit your F12.

1 Like

Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by sisqology(m): 10:29am On Apr 17, 2012
switchmax8: that has not answered my question or the poster's question.i know the mode of link external css what the poster is asking how can he access the css codes and dualcore said he can do that by checking the website on fireworks.i have not heard someone said css external code can be access when he said it can be access that was the reason am asking for a tutorial on how to do that i am into web design as well just want to have more knowledge on how to access the physical codes of external css

Dude, what are u talking about here?? He can access the css codes by clickling on the css link between d head tags. He can do that on firefox. Gchrome.

What's ur point here and who mentioned fireworks
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by yawatide(f): 11:47am On Apr 17, 2012
NL on fire again. . .Alright!

TO view CSS, use firfox. Just view source and go to where the css is declared. There will b a hyper link associated with all linked files (css, js, etc). CLick it and you will see all the code you want.

Another option: Get web developer toolkit. This will give you a dropdown called "CSS". You can either select "edit" to see the code side by side your page or you click "view css" to see the read only version.

NL is alive, Amen, it's alive. NL is alive for now, it's alive Amen!! grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by soloqy: 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
sisqology:

Dude, what are u talking about here?? He can access the css codes by clickling on the css link between d head tags. He can do that on firefox. Gchrome.

What's ur point here and who mentioned fireworks

He probably mistook firefox for fireworks
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by soloqy: 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2012
At poster, in all thy getting, get firebug as well. smiley
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by switchmax8: 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
sorry guys mistook it firefox for fireworks i got what you said sorry for the misleading statement learning is a process which i have just done now
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by DualCore1: 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2012
Yea we learn everyday.
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by dansmog(m): 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
@dual core, chrishenzo and yewa tide ,thanks for the anwsers and it worked.. thank God my the "fireworks" brother got to know his mistakes> thank you people.
soloqy: At poster, in all thy getting, get firebug as well. smiley
i will.
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by sisqology(m): 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2012
smiley
Re: How Can I View A Website Css Code? [RESOLVED] by mgutgsell: 7:36pm On Jun 21, 2013
So true there has been a good explanation here!! But I will try: First I look at the source on the page and find the .css file names. View the source and search for .CSS. Get the name of the CSS file. I assume a web page has a CSS folder for their styles sheets.

So the website URL may be www.websitename.com
So I add /css and then name of stylesheet.
www.websitename.com/css/nameofcss.css
Then I get an Open or Save Dialog Box option. It should open in Notepad unless you have software installed to open CSS sheets in a particular form.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Create A Forum On My Website? / Mark Zukerburg Expresses Concern About President Trump Deportation Plans / Onlyfans To Ban Sexually Explicit Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.