Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,214 members, 7,807,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) (4096 Views)

: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community / Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? / NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) by babakura(m): 5:34am On Nov 07, 2007
Hello All, any advice , I read abroad n am now back 2 serve my fatherland n start a new beginning in naija, But 2 my amazement NYSC has refused to mobilise me 4 service and ve been in naija 4 a year now,,
I attended aptech n completed the 18 months ACCP program n then transferred my credit abroad. Since I transferred my credit abroad n was offered admission to study 4 2 years n then graduate with a degree , now am a graduate and most jobs (intercontinental, GTB , Alcatel, Glo) I got I was told to go and serve before I can get a beffitting job.
Reasons ,
2 years abroad is not equivalent to a degree, and ministry of education said aptech is not recognised by them,
So what should I do run back abroad or bribe them so that I can go for NYSC,
Re: Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) by debosky(m): 6:08am On Nov 07, 2007
where did you go abroad to receive this degree? Was it also at APTECH or was it an an accredited university/similar institution abroad?

If the institution is recognised in its home/base country, I see no reason why the Fed Min of Education wouldn't recognise it.

If the companies you are listing agreed to give you a job, then your qualification must be up to scratch, you need to be a little more determined with your push at the Ministry. I don't really know what the process is for getting mobilized, but you need to follow up more.

take your degree certificates/transcripts along to prove the genuineness of your qualifications. In Nigeria lots of shady things go on, so the ministry officials may simply be skeptical based on previous experience.

Wish you all the best.
Re: Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) by ceej(m): 8:04am On Nov 07, 2007
Brother,we don wake up for naija,alot of us go abroad and attend one mushroom school and think we can just come and claim a job here.Please identify your school.I tell you NYSC will attend to you.
Re: Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) by opensource(m): 8:56am On Nov 07, 2007
Which school did you attend in the Uk and can this be traced back .

I am presently a student with Aptech and on completing the ACCP + some certifications like OCA and OCP you get get a Direct entry into your final year program in compunting in any affliated university in the UK.

Plymouth , portsmouth , sunderland this is just to mention a few schools that are affliated to apetch and can get you into final year.

Also even when u get to Australia Southern cross university gives you a final year program.But please get recommendation from your center head.

After Bsc while not try and do your master in the Uk and be a professionial in your field of discipline with this you will have an upper hand .
Re: Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) by babakura(m): 6:26am On Nov 08, 2007
Very happy bout all the posts , Yes I went to Southern Cross University in Australia(APTECh claimed there are alot of naija students there , I tell u na me n 2 other guys be the first set of nigerians to go that school n we graduate together) n It was recognised by NYSC (dem get a list of schools in the world where they checked n I saw Southern Cross University on the list ), The funniest thing is that they said that spending 2 years abroad is not a criterion for NYSC it should be at least 3 years , So NYSC was trying to know more n I told them I attended APTECH before I left naija n they told me to go to Fed. Min of Education n that was where wahala dey , \

The problem is not the school in Australia but APTECH is not registered with Min of Edu in Naija n they cannot evaluate the HDSE from APTECH to maybe Ordinary National Diploma or whatsoever , That is the wahala ,

Debosky::
Thanks for ya insight, The companies want me to be mobilised for NYSC n then they would let me serve with them n later employment after service,

Ceej:::
I no go any mushroom school at all, The school is number 570 in the world n only 3 schools in africa(all in south africa ) are ahead of SCU

ADVICE , /.
If u plan 2 do the same thing like me , the same wahala is waiting 4 ya as I have adviced other guys wey I sabi 4 portsmouth n other school, it is better u stay there 4 masters or get like 3-5 years experience b4 coming back

As per masters that is what am planning now cos am frustrated wit naija right now wit all dis wahala n hope of coming back soon if I can get out cos am regretting I left Australia for naija ,

Cheers mate !!!!!
Re: Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) by MT: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2007
@babaakura,

I feel for u strongly here. It's not really your fault. I heap all the blame on APTECH. It beats me how APTECH could be operating in the country without registering with the Federal Ministry Of Education.

I think you need to make APTECH aware of this so as to make them take proper steps in getting registered. Who knows maybe if they are, you can be allowed to serve. Even doing your Msc abroad does not indicate that you wont do your NYSC programme. Remember that even if you are not qualified for the NYSC scheme, you still need to be issued with the NYSC Exemptional certificate, which many firms will ask from you.

The thing is , I strongly advise you to go to APTECH and make them aware of your predicament, then maybe solution could be proferred.

NYSC scheme, as useless as it is now, could be very important in the future. Hope your read today's paper about people questioning the new speaker, dimeji bankole, about if he truly served or not. It could have been a legal basis to get him removed if he did not.

Peace!
Re: Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) by ulale: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
if the nysc wont mobilize you, can you bribe them to let you serve?
Re: Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) by ulale: 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2011
for foreign graduate, you said must have at least 5 credits in waec or neco, i succesfully completed my degree but my i have 4 credits in my waec, will the nysc mobilize me to serve?
Re: Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) by hydex: 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
Has anyone found out a way out for this APTECH/NYSC wahala, have got a cousin who is in the same ishh. ?
Re: Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) by skfa1: 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ehya sorry about that,I went to ministry of education in abuja for verification n confirmation of my certificate,I was mobilized
Re: Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) by sima03(m): 10:34pm On Jan 19, 2013
skfa1: Ehya sorry about that,I went to ministry of education in abuja for verification n confirmation of my certificate,I was mobilized
@skfa1 did they mobilized you for NYSC with aptech qualification?

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Response To These? / NYSC Biometric Capture Client Webcam Is Not Capturing / ALL NYSC FORMAT LETTER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.