Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,414 members, 7,800,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

The North That Southerners Don’t Know - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North That Southerners Don’t Know (20791 Views)

how jonathan a biafra built amalgamation tower of biafra/north that cause war / Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? / Is This The Developed North That Everyone Is Yapping About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Slizbeat(m): 6:06pm On Apr 17, 2012
The northernerz do go to sch bt a fact is a fact, they r wayback than the southernerz coz dia leaderz have failed them. Only wen dy cud catch up is if dy wud stand up 4 dia rytz rather dan work on commandz of a leader wo only wants them to do as he wants 4 his own gain. They(northernerz) shud bear in mind dat every1 has a FREEDOM OF LYF, DECISION, SPEECH, CHOICE e.t.c rather than being a slave to ur fellow man. Bt sha, Kudos to some northern fellow such as ABUBAKAR SADIQ LAWAL(s.p of f.g.c kiyawa, jigawa state, class of 11), He was always catchin up with me bt didnt pass me til i left in 2007, least he led 4rm then onwards.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by emmke(m): 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2012
jason123:

Abeg, afam is right. Why don't they dominate d banking industry among other private industries? Why only government establishments? Cmon, its d truth!
for starters, there is a good number of northerners in the banking industry and other private sectors. However, the domination of these sectors by southerners does not imply low intelligence on the part of the north. Interest could well be the main reason. Don't forget the north has dominated Nigerian politics for long and we all know that politics requires high level of intelligence. This, at least to me, suggests there are intelligent people from the two regions, albeit with different interests.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Afam4eva(m): 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
emmke: for starters, there is a good number of northerners in the banking industry and other private sectors. However, the domination of these sectors by southerners does not imply low intelligence on the part of the north. Interest could well be the main reason. Don't forget the north has dominated Nigerian politics for long and we all know that politics requires high level of intelligence. This, at least to me, suggests there are intelligent people from the two regions, albeit with different interests.

lmao @ interest

Abeg stop lying to yourself. Northerners are not many in private establishments because they can't compete, simple. Btw, this is the first time i'm hearing that Nigerian politics require a high level of intelligence. if by intelligence, you mean, schematics and criminality, then you're right.

5 Likes

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
I flipped through after reading the first paragraph because I thoutht it was one boring piece but I returned and read it all. I know this is not the last time you will explain this to people.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by nsiadi: 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
A good write-up. Most people have a mind set about this issue.
No doubt there are exceptions in every thing.
The unfortunate thing is that the Northerners have done little to change this mind set
Check the enrollment into Nigerian schools. Check JAMB stats
Even in the North check how many natives do science. Compare with those in Arabic/Islamic Studies
The worst Ambassador image of the North is wasting blood @ least provocation. Boko capped it

They need rebrandingggggggggggggggggg

2 Likes

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by nairakobo1: 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
dominion angel: at Nagama, d truth is dt most northerners that the southerners have met arent enlightened despite their education. I can tell u we have few liberated northerners. I served in the north and i met a lot, though my director is a muslim whom i respect but i respect her for her high level of intelligence and i mean emtional intelligence. with the recent happennings in Nigeria, the southern have every reason 2 believe that most northerners are educated illiterates. I love kano bt i cant visit now because of the crisis. Thank God for NYSC dt made me go there. One love all. God bless us all christains and muslims alike.

1 Like

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by nanos: 6:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
emmke: for starters, there is a good number of northerners in the banking industry and other private sectors. However, the domination of these sectors by southerners does not imply low intelligence on the part of the north. Interest could well be the main reason. Don't forget the north has dominated Nigerian politics for long and we all know that politics requires high level of intelligence. This, at least to me, suggests there are intelligent people from the two regions, albeit with different interests.

Any intellectual midget can be a politician in Nigeria. That is why nothing gets done in governance because most politicians in Nigeria have been dunces with nothing to offer. Incidentally, most have been northerners.

5 Likes

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by dvee2: 6:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
Excellent write up. i fully get where your coming from. Imagine your name is Abdul and you come from Benue or Kogi state,even though you have virtually nothing in common with the hausa you are viewed as Mallam,Boko haram etc. The NYSC should have taken care of these stereotype but alas like every nigerian programm it has failed.
Each time i read Nairaland,i observed the same mistake done by Hausa Oligarchy now being done by Southerners. example We are born to rule,our religion is better than yours,we are better than you etc.
I see highly intellectual people but narrow view. And very many who just took to what they have been told without objective research.
They are this,they are that lumping everyone into a box and labelling them the same- where then is your education?

1 Like

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
frgy_:

Una see wetin I dey talk ? cheesy
Omo yoruba lemi o .
Olodo :p

But it's the fact na even as far as kwara state,y'all look same to me.The only time the north unite is when the interest of the north is at stake.What is the difference between a kano state born muslim and a kano state born christain. . . .both are more united by tribe than religion. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by emmke(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
^afam, politics, whether in Nigeria, somalia, U S, requires intelligence, so don't kid yourself. Talking about criminality, well that is something both regions have in common so i wouldn't bring that up if i were you. I still maintain that an average northerner is no less intelligent than his/her southern counterpart.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Afam4eva(m): 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
emmke: ^afam, politics, wether in Nigeria, somalia, U S, requires intelligence, so don't kid yourself. Talking about criminality, well that is something both regions have in common so i wouldn't bring that up if i were you. I still maintain that an average northerner is no less intelligent than his/her southern counterpart.

You and i know that northerners dominate politics because of federal character that was created by years of military rule dominated by northerners. One wonders why the intelligence you claim the northerners have, has not taken them places outside government.

5 Likes

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by dadicvila(m): 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2012
nanos: Yet they (the Muslim north, I mean) are killing people like goats and chicken? I know the typical northerner and he is a, brainwashed, scheming, power-hungry fanatical murderer.
gbam

1 Like

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by dvee2: 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2012
of course the write up is not about who goes to school more. it is documented everywhere that more southerners goes to school than northerners even to the ratio of 10 to 1, that will explain why there are more southerners employed in the private sector oil and gas. But what the writer issaying is that of the one percent that try to excell you immedietly stereotype his intelligence as a product of quota system or lump him up as an almajiri. grin
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by nanos: 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
emmke: ^afam, politics, whether in Nigeria, somalia, U S, requires intelligence, so don't kid yourself. Talking about criminality, well that is something both regions have in common so i wouldn't bring that up if i were you. I still maintain that an average northerner is no less intelligent than his/her southern counterpart.

You dare compare politics in Nigeria with that in US? Have you seen where Nigerian politicians argue intelligently in the chamber? What laws have they passed since you know them?

4 Likes

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by mabcos: 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2012
nanos: Yet they (the Muslim north, I mean) are killing people like goats and chicken? I know the typical northerner and he is a, brainwashed, scheming, power-hungry fanatical murderer.
. U can get the same character in any part of the country. Poeple fighting for one reason or the other. So be straight-foward for once.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Rebsy(f): 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2012
Well spoken brother. Pls educate them!
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by wyt(m): 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2012
@ the post u got a point, i 've visited most of the norther states there are christians but in minority and are not allowed to hav there say. i was suprised to be taught by northerners in CFA class here in abuja. i was told that the only CFA charter holder in cbn is frm Gombe followed by igbo chap now. and there alot of them pursing it now. conclusion, there are more norther illiteate than southern ones. majority of the southerners are educated and exposed. it is not a big deal deal to educated in the sorth
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by logica(m): 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2012
The northerners (Christian or Muslim) should start winning international academic awards. Which one of them is on the level of people like Wole Soyinka or Achebe?
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Coleslove: 6:51pm On Apr 17, 2012
To an extent the writer is right but i wouldn't completely agree with his article's subject. Why should it be directed to the Southerner's and not Non-Northern Nigerians? This is your own flaw too and bigotry that have inspired the writing of such vague article.

2 Likes

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by rodeo0070(m): 6:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
Nice write up...but action speaks louder than words.The north is too hostile despite the fact that its one of the most ideal places to stay.everything is cheap including HUMAN LIFE...

5 Likes

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by kay1one(m): 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2012
North Backward!... South Progressive!... Even Google Maps Shows It!

2 Likes

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by ireti123: 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2012
Nice post! I met many bright minds from the north during my service year & they made similar defences as touching religion, ethnicity, etc. In my opinion the enlightened northerners have been too silent on these issues and seems to have little influence on the rest of them who know less. That's why people down south makes jokes of northerners as dirty molas(the way Yorubas call mallam), who spit everywhere even while preparing snacks (like kulikuli) for sale, and many who come to work in the south are know more with menial jobs as bush clearers, gatemen, well diggers, shoe menders, commercial beggars, etc, though we sometimes mistake nigeriens for northerners also.
People like you from the north need to be more outspoken on issues like these and rise in defense when discriminatory & unverified comments are passed on the north, just as this post is enlightening the ignorant.
Thumps up!
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by sosodat: 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2012
rodeo0070: Nice write up...but action speaks louder than words.The north is too hostile despite the fact that its one of the most ideal places to stay.[size=13pt]everything is cheap including HUMAN LIFE...[/size]

Can't help but agree with the highlighted part.

@Poster, one will take you serious if with every boko, religious and or ethnic cleansing incident up north, northerners will be intelligent enough to condemn those actions squarely and not just justify or keep mute.......that is what leads people to the conclusion, no matter how educated some of you are, the religious and or ethnic brainwashing holds sway hence degrees are gotten but real education/knowledge NOT
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by emmke(m): 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
Coleslove: To an extent the writer is right but i wouldn't completely agree with his article's subject. Why should it be directed to the Southerner's and not Non-Northern Nigerians? This is your own flaw too and bigotry that have inspired the writing of such vague article.
wth? Aren't all non-northern nigerians southerners?
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by jeebz: 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
@poster, I agree with you, but the percent of the christian population is a little bit lower than you have stated especially in The North Eastern States
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by nanos: 7:13pm On Apr 17, 2012
emmke: wth? Aren't all non-northern nigerians southerners?

You are daft. He is talking about non-Nigerians. They don't see you in good light too.

1 Like

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by publisher(m): 7:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
I've always known this about the so-called Muslim North. Many don't even realize that its actually the 'christian North' that contributed in giving Goodluck Jona a clean victory at last years polls. I also blame many Southern leaders who know these truths about the North but refuse to educate their followers about the true nature of Northern Nigeria.
Everyday,we allow the international western media to tell us that Nigeria has a Muslim North and Christian South. Whereas almost 45 to 50 percent of South Western Nigeria is Muslim,Edo state has entire Muslim communities in Auchi axis. Cant remember the last time Lagos state had a democratic 'Christian' governor (before or after Otedola). So where is this Christian South? Unless we are trying to say that Southeren Nigeria only consists of the South East and South South.
The greatest task before enlightened Northerners like the OP is to continue telling and sharing their stories,cos nobody will do if for them.

ONE NIGERIA
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by bariyakat(m): 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
nanos: The North that southerners know:

1. Good-loving people especially those from Taraba, Nassarawa, Kogi, Adamawa (in part), Gombe, plateau, Bauchi (in part)and other mixed states

2. Extremely evil people from Kano, Borno, Kaduna, Sokoto, and other core Islamic states
you re also quilty of d ignorance!
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
jason123:

Abeg, afam is right. Why don't they dominate d banking industry among other private industries? Why only government establishments? Cmon, its d truth!

hehehe, what about Unity Bank? Dat one na Hausa bank now. Apon le ni Hausa, mala ni mala nje.LOL
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by emmke(m): 7:28pm On Apr 17, 2012
nanos:

You are daft. He is talking about non-Nigerians. They don't see you in good light too.
no need for the name calling. I get him now. Btw, foreigners don't see southerners in good light too.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by AustineE1: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
Good write-ups,i got so tempted with the points you raised,to the extend of patronizing you!i ve lived in the North most of the times and know of such find minds,both in character,strength of purpose and what ve you!...but there is something about the indoctrinatn of people of islam,which makes them tend to give the wrong impressn that they are dominant in any particular area you find them in equal or lesser populatn to others!btw am begining to think that the south-west is 95% muslims,3% christains,2% traditionalists cos with the Tinubu's,Aregbesola's and their(muslim) cohorts lording over the entire south west states,one is begining to view it like the Far North!...sorry never intended to insult any tribes bloated ego!
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by nanos: 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2012
emmke: no need for the name calling. I get him now. Btw, foreigners don't see southerners in good light too.
All the good news about Nigeria are generated by southerners, mainly Igbo and Yoruba. No Northerner has generated any good new for Nigeria in the last several years
The bad news are generated by all Nigerians and in recent times more so by the Islamic north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christmas Dance By Ex- Governor Akala (photo) / Sheriff: Fayose’s Conduct Shameful / Mbu’s Order To Policemen To Kill Barbaric, Lawless – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.