Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage (6742 Views)

Between Xavi, Fabregas, Di Maria, Dani Alves, Iniesta E.t.c / Douglas Maicon (inter) Vs. Dani Alves (barcelona) Who's Better? / Please, Guyz Wat Did Chelsea Play 2day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by mukina2: 12:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
Barcelona defender Dani Alves has turned up the heat ahead of Wednesday's Champions League semi-final with Chelsea, claiming the Premier League side play with fear and lack courage.

Alves opened old wounds and claimed it wasn't the four plausible penalty appeals turned down by Norwegian referee Tom Henning Ovrebo that denied Chelsea victory when the two sides met at this stage of Europe's flagship competition in 2009, but the Blues unwillingness to attack despite being 1-0 up against ten-man.

Chelsea's then-boss Guus Hiddink claimed Ovrebo's performance in that semi-final second leg at Stamford Bridge was "the worst I have ever seen'' by a referee, and Didier Drogba and Jose Bosingwa were both sanctioned for protesting at the final whistle.

Andres Iniesta's stoppage-time strike earned Barcelona a 1-1 draw to send them through on away goals and Alves told The Guardian: "There is no doubt that was the hardest game we have played, with everything that was at stake, the moment and everything that happened.

"People say Chelsea could have won but for the referee but that is not our problem. We do not control the referees. We are there to play football, to compete and to try to reach the final. What can we do about the referee?

"Chelsea did not reach the final because of fear. The team that has got a man more, is playing at home and winning should have attacked us more. But of course, if you don't have that [attacking] concept of football that Barcelona have, you stay back and you get knocked out.

"You have to go forward. Stay back: losers. Go forward: winners. I think Chelsea lacked the courage to take a step forward and attack us. They paid for it."

Source
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by mukina2: 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2012
this dirty agbero should keep his trap shut. slow poke
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by johnstar(m): 12:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
Wdf, lets wait nd c alves
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
Mr. Alves is not known for his humility.
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Oskilala: 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2012
mukina2: this dirty agbero should keep his trap shut. slow poke

He is a disgrace to Barcelona, Lubbish hediot....mtscheeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by logica(m): 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
Very correct Dani. The sore losers always remember being denied penalties while forgetting that Barca was playing a man down from a dubious red card.
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Alsamin(m): 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
when u push malouda in the penaltie.only frekics was given.u deserve red card by then
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by lafuria1(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2012
Barcelona, can't u guys get somebody better to talk on ur behalf, alves has a history of talking rubbish. I guess wen barca want to insult anoda team, the send alves. Will messi, xavi or puyol say this rubbish.
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by lanrock(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
EGBAMI OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THE GUY DEY FEAR SHAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2012
The scoreline of Chelsea vs Barcelona will be 2-2.

Barcelona to do the scoring in the first half while Chelsea will follow them up to draw the match in the second half with the aid of Ramires' brace!

Watch out!
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2012
who gave dis mumu chance to talk abt my darlin team? Though he may be right buh that shudnt come frm his big mouth... *Of too basement to sip my fav ogogoro*
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Oskilala: 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2012
Ranks007: The scoreline of Chelsea vs Barcelona will be 2-2.

Barcelona to do the scoring in the first half while Chelsea will follow them up to draw the match in the second half with the aid of Ramires' brace!

Watch out!

wooow!! you already watch the game in ur dreeams? dats coool!! mtscheeeeew angry
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2012
Ranks007: The scoreline of Chelsea vs Barcelona will be 2-2.

Watch out!
2-2? Haa that one no be good scoreline at home naa
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by davades(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2012
Alves is a Mad cow! Let's wait And see
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by BlueMurder(m): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2012
The guy looks like a jew.
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by stanleybiggie(m): 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2012
Hin dey run hin mouth nw...if drogba catch am ehn...
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
He can say whatever he wants.. who cares?
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Kaybaba5(m): 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2012
JideTheBlogger: He can say whatever he wants.. who cares?
Only G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ can put chelsea tru
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2012
Oskilala:

wooow!! you already watch the game in ur dreeams? dats coool!! mtscheeeeew angry

It's called prediction!

9jadelta:
2-2? Haa that one no be good scoreline at home naa

How man go do?

I really wish Chelsea beat Barca, though am not a fan!
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by eyoniggar(m): 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2012
You skepe Fans are the agberos, and are well known to be. Muki u lost to Wigan yesterday, u come here come start the gossip.Choi!! grin

Anyways, Dani was spot on, I am not going to debate about the calls that eyes were taken off from against Barca in Camp nou,and the dubious red awarded to Abidal, because I know deep down that the pain Chelshit fans felt from being knocked out was the fact that Man-United knocked yall out the year before, and you guys were desperate to reach the finals to get a payback,sorry we did it for yall,and this time around, you guys aint smelling the final. CHIKENA!! tongue
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Fynist(m): 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
"The Barcelona lip".Alves my Nigga.make una free d guy joor.he is putting his money where is mouth is.talk d talk bro.haters hate on
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Afam4eva(m): 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
Danny Alves coouldn't be more right. When confronted with a superior opponent like barcelona, Chelsea always seem to shiver and agitated. You see them steaming like funky chickens when Barca mesmerize us with their tough-i-touch style of football. Let's just hope this won't be the worse defeat that chelsea will suffer in the hands of their master. Biko, Chineke, zoputa ndi chelsea a na aka ndi Barcelona.
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Oskilala: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2012
[quote author=Ranks007]

[It's called prediction!]

And u went ahead to analyze the first half? U r daydreaming man! grin
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Emylexray(m): 1:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
Alves, no worry, Drogba go use u do pillow d way he use gallas do pillow on sunday.
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Afam4eva(m): 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
Emylexray: Alves, no worry, Drogba go use u do pillow d way he use gallas do pillow on sunday.

Pillow only works in England and not a competition like UEFA. Who uses their father to do pillow. O boy, no allow barca players to read this your post oo or else it will be a massacre when the two teams meet.
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by ogazi007(m): 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
Spot on Dani boy.Chelsea were playing at home with one goal lead and has got a man more,but i was really surprised when they removed Drogba a central forward and replaced him with Belletti a defensive minded player in the 70th minute of the game.Barca were very brave and stay through to their attacking style of play even when they were playing with a makeshift defense line up and a man down.Ovrebo had a terrible day no doubt,his mistakes were only obvious because Chelsea were unable to kill off the game when it matters most.all in all,Barca were more determined to be in the final than Chelsea.
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by dabraska: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2012
I have noticed that Chelsea has d largest number of fans in Nigeria. And most of dem are either biased, just started watching football 3 yrs ago, or just derive joy in talking rubbish. It was simple sense. You score a goal in the 9th minute and defend for the remaining 81 minutes. who does dat? same tin dat has killed Madrid over the years. And instead, they complain over penalty calls. Y didnt they score more goals? No matter how u see it, a 1-goal lead isnt a lead nowadays in futball.

I hope chelsea have learnt from their mistakes, if not, we will thrash dem again. Referee or no referee. Loosers!

And those pple saying that Dani Alves has a history for saying Rubbish. Tell me, how many times have you seen Alves come to talk? And tell me what he said in those times.
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by dabraska: 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2012
eyoniggar: You skepe Fans are the agberos, and are well known to be. Muki u lost to Wigan yesterday, u come here come start the gossip.Choi!! grin

Anyways, Dani was spot on, I am not going to debate about the calls that eyes were taken off from against Barca in Camp nou,and the dubious red awarded to Abidal, because I know deep down that the pain Chelshit fans felt from being knocked out was the fact that Man-United knocked yall out the year before, and you guys were desperate to reach the finals to get a payback,sorry we did it for yall,and this time around, you guys aint smelling the final. CHIKENA!! tongue

Exactly!! Spot on!
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by ndlife: 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2012
mukina2: this dirty agbero should keep his trap shut. slow poke
I the look
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by Oskilala: 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
eyoniggar: You skepe Fans are the agberos, and are well known to be. Muki u lost to Wigan yesterday, u come here come start the gossip.Choi!! grin

After the game u can continue wif ur analysis, but dnt think its gonna be eazy.

Bluezz 4 life.....

Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by 2rutalk1: 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2012
Right on spot. Chelsea players and their fans are noise makers. Not surprising though, because 90% of their fans are Agberos. They are all waiting for their defeat on Wednesday to start singing their normal chorus "Ojoro". Its only when Barca win a watch that it becomes "ojoro". USELESS CLUB, USELESS FANS! grin
Re: Dani Alves: Chelsea Play With Fear & Lack Courage by nlofficial(m): 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
When you play a team like Barca and fully attack, your net will be filled with GOALS! Alves wants Chelsea to attack so Barca can load Chelsea.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Newcastle (2 - 0) On 26th December 2020 / FC Crvena Zvezda Vs Tottenham Hotspur : UCL (0 - 4) On 6th November 2019 / Manchester United Vs Watford (1 - 0) On 13th May 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.