Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. (793 Views)

The Bamiloye Celebrate 27 Years Of Marriage With A Throw Back Pix Of The Wife / Scientific Study Finds First Hint Of ' Life After Death' / Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by jmoore(m): 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
First of all the bible said that God created the world. But the bible did not say how the process happened, be it by big b@ng theory or whatever theory some folks have come up with. But the main point is that he created the world.

There are scientific theories of various kinds about the universe, earth, living organisms and they keep mentioning billions or millions of years

Those billions/millions of years are wrong because of what I will call "God effect".

let me explain further. let's assume we go back to history, you can now see Adam a day after he was created. How old is Adam? God created Adam as a man and not as a baby boy. Let's say one should be called a man when he is 25 years old. Now you have seen Adam,a day after he was created and he is a fully grown man. It is wrong to say that Adam is 25 years old. Yes, it sounds kind of weird but that's the truth. He should be a day old. A day old who is fully grown man.

If you apply what I explained above to the beginning of universe, world and other living organisms, you will see that these billions and millions of years is definitely wrong. This "God effect" has eluded the reasoning of many scientists, even some christians.
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by LogicMind: 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
so you believe this bullshite adam story
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by logicboy: 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2012
Logic Mind: so you believe this bullshite adam story

What? you sound suprised?

Nothing surprises me with these religious guys anymore. As an adult, how can anyone believe that women came from man's rib?
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by jagunlabi(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2012
The woman coming from a man's rib thing could've been the bible's way of talking about genetic engineering, you know. The being (whoever he was) took some blood samples from the rib to geneticall engineer the woman. The bible is always very vague about it's stories.
logicboy:

What? you sound suprised?

Nothing surprises me with these religious guys anymore. As an adult, how can anyone believe that women came from man's rib?
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by LogicMind: 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2012
the bible even contradicts itself on creation.
Genesis chapter one: god created adam after creating vegetation
Genesis chapter two: god created adam before creating vegetation

god got confused or what? grin
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by jagunlabi(m): 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2012
That could've happened because there was two different creation stories in genesis. I have even heard in some quarters of scholarly researchers of the biblical texts that the creation stories were actually NOT creation stories as most christians believe.
Logic Mind: the bible even contradicts itself on creation.

Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by LogicMind: 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2012
jagunlabi: The woman coming from a man's rib thing could've been the bible's way of talking about genetic engineering, you know. The being (whoever he was) took some blood samples from the rib to geneticall engineer the woman. The bible is always very vague about it's stories.

jagunlabi: That could've happened because there was two different creation stories in genesis. I have even heard in some quarters of scholarly researchers of the biblical texts that the creation stories were actually NOT creation stories as most christians believe.

christian apologetic.
you haven't finished finding excuses.
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by logicboy: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2012
jagunlabi: That could've happened because there was two different creation stories in genesis. I have even heard in some quarters of scholarly researchers of the biblical texts that the creation stories were actually NOT creation stories as most christians believe.

Wow, you got some mental gymnastics going on there! Why are you really trying to spin and twist facts to conform with biblical mythology? The bible is not scientific or true
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by jagunlabi(m): 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2012
I am not a christian, dude, and neither am i a religionist. I am not, in any way, defending the bible.
Logic Mind:

christian apologetic.
you haven't finished finding excuses.
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by jmoore(m): 7:04am On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind: the bible even contradicts itself on creation.

Actually I think you are reading the bible upside down. quote the verses to support your claims above. The bible did not contradict itself.
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by LogicMind: 7:36am On Apr 18, 2012
jmoore:

Actually I think you are reading the bible upside down. quote the verses to support your claims above. The bible did not contradict itself.

Gen. 1
11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning - the third day.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Gen. 2
5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground. 7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by jmoore(m): 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
@logic mind, if you looked carefully from chapter one to chapter 2 verse two, you should have seen that the particular day was written accompanied with what was created.

Further down from chapter 2 verse 5 to 7 that you quoted, what was created was not accompanied with the day they were created. If you applied your "logic mind" without assumptions you should have known that the bible never in anyway did contradict itself.

Genesis 1 is the account of the creation of the universe and life on planet earth as it happened in chronological sequence. Genesis 2 is simply an expanded explanation of the events that occurred at the end of the sixth creation day - when God created human beings. Genesis one provides virtually no details about the creation of human beings (other than the idea that humans were created in the image of God). For a book that is dedicated to the relationship between humans and God, four verses seems like a rather poor explanation for the creation of God's preeminent creature. This is because Genesis one was never intended to stand apart from Genesis 2 and 3. Genesis 2 describes God's preparation of a specific location on earth (Eden) for habitation by the first human beings. Part of the confusion results from our English translations, which use the term "earth" when the Hebrew would better be translated "land."
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by rastamouse: 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2012
jmoore: First of all the bible said that God created the world. But the bible did not say how the process happened, be it by big b@ng theory or whatever theory some folks have come up with. But the main point is that he created the world.

There are scientific theories of various kinds about the universe, earth, living organisms and they keep mentioning billions or millions of years

Those billions/millions of years are wrong because of what I will call "God effect".

let me explain further. let's assume we go back to history, you can now see Adam a day after he was created. How old is Adam? God created Adam as a man and not as a baby boy. Let's say one should be called a man when he is 25 years old. Now you have seen Adam,a day after he was created and he is a fully grown man. It is wrong to say that Adam is 25 years old. Yes, it sounds kind of weird but that's the truth. He should be a day old. A day old who is fully grown man.

If you apply what I explained above to the beginning of universe, world and other living organisms, you will see that these billions and millions of years is definitely wrong. This "God effect" has eluded the reasoning of many scientists, even some christians.

Sounds plausible to me. The fact that GOD created the world from nothing does not mean the planet was created a day-old. Like Adam, the planet could have been billions of years old when it was created. Remember that time does not exist with GOD.

Great analogy my bro
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by LogicMind: 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2012
jmoore: @logic mind, if you looked carefully from chapter one to chapter 2 verse two, you should have seen that the particular day was written accompanied with what was created.

Further down from chapter 2 verse 5 to 7 that you quoted, what was created was not accompanied with the day they were created. If you applied your "logic mind" without assumptions you should have known that the bible never in anyway did contradict itself.

Genesis 1 is the account of the creation of the universe and life on planet earth as it happened in chronological sequence. Genesis 2 is simply an expanded explanation of the events that occurred at the end of the sixth creation day - when God created human beings. Genesis one provides virtually no details about the creation of human beings (other than the idea that humans were created in the image of God). For a book that is dedicated to the relationship between humans and God, four verses seems like a rather poor explanation for the creation of God's preeminent creature. This is because Genesis one was never intended to stand apart from Genesis 2 and 3. Genesis 2 describes God's preparation of a specific location on earth (Eden) for habitation by the first human beings. Part of the confusion results from our English translations, which use the term "earth" when the Hebrew would better be translated "land."

christian acrobatics are becoming more ridiculous.
if it doesn't fit your narrative = mistranslation
or "book of god which is the infallible word of god has been badly edited that they separated gen 1 2 & 3 when they shouldn't have."
how many more apologies are you going to make?
bible starkly disagrees with you.
here it is again from another version:
Gen 2
5-7 At the time God made Earth and Heaven, before any grasses or shrubs had sprouted from the ground—God hadn't yet sent rain on Earth, nor was there anyone around to work the ground (the whole Earth was watered by underground springs)—God formed Man out of dirt from the ground and blew into his nostrils the breath of life. The Man came alive—a living soul!
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by jmoore(m): 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2012
@logic mind, you will only understand when you are willing to learn, no need arguing further if you can't understand what I explained
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by LogicMind: 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2012
jmoore: @logic mind, you will only understand when you are willing to learn, no need arguing further if you can't understand what I explained

oh! i understand you completely. I also read the bible and it tells me something completely different from what you are saying. Don't take it personal, it's not your fault that the bible may have been mistranslated nor is it your fault that the editors separated chapters that weren't meant to be separated, however, that is what I and billions of people are presented with and that is the basis of my assertions.
If you can get the next generation of translators to do it properly and let the churches know and agree that chapters 1, 2 & 3 should be merged, then the "error" will be rectified and I would be wrong. But until, then, you are wrong and your bible contradicts you blatantly.
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by rastamouse: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

oh! i understand you completely. I also read the bible and it tells me something completely different from what you are saying. Don't take it personal, it's not your fault that the bible may have been mistranslated nor is it your fault that the editors separated chapters that weren't meant to be separated, however, that is what I and billions of people are presented with and that is the basis of my assertions.
If you can get the next generation of translators to do it properly and let the churches know and agree that chapters 1, 2 & 3 should be merged, then the "error" will be rectified and I would be wrong. But until, then, you are wrong and your bible contradicts you blatantly.

So this is the basis of your unbelief?
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by LogicMind: 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

So this is the basis of your unbelief?

no.
the basis of my assertion that the creation story contradicts itself
like i told you before, i believe
https://www.nairaland.com/904712/logic-mind-praises-lord
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by rastamouse: 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

no.
the basis of my assertion that the creation story contradicts itself
like i told you before, i believe
https://www.nairaland.com/904712/logic-mind-praises-lord

I will like you on one on one on why there is NO GOD? Will you take up the challenge?
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by LogicMind: 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

I will like you on one on one on why there is NO GOD? Will you take up the challenge?

if you want but i don't see the objective.
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by rastamouse: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

if you want but i don't see the objective.

Thank you. Lets do this tomorrow
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by LogicMind: 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

Thank you. Lets do this tomorrow

ok. i hope it will be civilised.
Re: The "God Effect" In Years Of Some Scientific Study. by rastamouse: 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

ok. i hope it will be civilised.

I promise grin

(1) (Reply)

Zombie Apocalypse - Rise Of Demon Possession / My Dilemma, My Realisation, My Conclusion / How To Worship The Nigerian God...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.