Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? (9691 Views)

Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? / Can Islam Justify This / How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by maclatunji: 1:06am On Apr 25, 2012
David is desperate, polyandry in Africa. Quite silly. By the way, does your bible tells you Adam and Eve ate human flesh? Or are you deluded by the potrayal of Africans as savages?

My hyperventilating friend go and take a nap!
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by LagosShia: 1:07am On Apr 25, 2012
davidylan:

this makes no sense. You wouldnt be here without naked ancestors who were cannibals either. Should we all conclude that going without clothes and eating each other is ok now?

You wouldnt have been here without polyandry either.

Society evolves with time.

so in your opinion,it is cannibalism and na.kedness that gave rise to your kind of human beings?

not suprising coming from someone whose god promtes cannibalism and who believes human sacrifice can give him salvation:

"the Christian God:blood And Human Sacrifice":
https://www.nairaland.com/651811/easter-gift-christian-god-blood

"Cannibalism In The Bible!":
https://www.nairaland.com/844091/cannibalism-bible
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by LagosShia: 1:10am On Apr 25, 2012
davidylan:

Lets be serious here dude. I tire of this islamic notion of bending the truth to suit your fancy. In that same piece, a newspaper is reported to have created a center-fold piece on the Breivik story. At the end of the day the newspapers are a business, they have to print what draws the interest of the public.
So what many Norwegians share Breivik's sentiments? Thank God for them, they share the benefit of a free society where you are free to express your mind without fear. Can anyone dare voice out an opposing opinion in saudi arabia?

in saudi arabia,the system of governance is far from islamic.besides,even when muslims adhere to their islamic beliefs,you still imagine they dont do so out of sincere belief and devotion to the religion but out of compulsion.yet you want us to believe it is okay when norwegians hold inhuman beliefs that got their own children massacred but unreal for muslims to hold islamic beliefs.
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 25, 2012
maclatunji:

Maybe your ancestors were cannibals, definitely not mine. However, I will take your admission down for future purposes.

Again lets be serious here. Ancient african tribes were once cannibals. Its ok to bury your head in the sands of denial though.

maclatunji: David is desperate, polyandry in Africa. Quite silly. By the way, does your bible tells you Adam and Eve ate human flesh? Or are you deluded by the potrayal of Africans as savages?

My hyperventilating friend go and take a nap!

1. Please look up the Irigwe people of Plateau state for examples of ancient polyandrous relationships
2. Yes there were african savages... denying it will not make it go away.
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 25, 2012
LagosShia:

in saudi arabia,the system of governance is far from islamic.besides,even when muslims adhere to their islamic beliefs,you still imagine they dont do so out of sincere belief and devotion to the religion but out of compulsion.yet you want us to believe it is okay when norwegians hold inhuman beliefs that got their own children massacred but unreal for muslims to hold islamic beliefs.

So where is this islamic utopia muslims like telling us sharia law is meant to transform us into?
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by logicboy: 1:14am On Apr 25, 2012
LagosShia:

I dont agree with Daviddylan on Breivik. I dont think Muslism should be killed in Europe or that Breivik's mad ideology is shared by many Norweigians.

Sorry for that
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 25, 2012
logicboy:

I dont agree with Daviddylan on Breivik. I dont think Muslism should be killed in Europe or that Breivik's mad ideology is shared by many Norweigians.

Sorry for that

I dont believe muslims shld be killed neither do i support Breivik's ideology. I was only responding to more hare-brained nonsense from maclatunji.
At the end of the day, Norwegians who support Breivik exist. Should we kill them? No. Part of the benefits of living in a free society is the freedom to hold viewpoints that may not be mainstream without fear of retribution.
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by vedaxcool(m): 7:06am On Apr 25, 2012
Lol,! Christianity will always come to aid atheism being a product of Christian dubious theology it funny just as david man god was forsaken his atheist ally forsook him and fled!grin grin grin
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by logicboy: 7:18am On Apr 25, 2012
vedaxcool: Lol,! Christianity will always come to aid atheism being a product of Christian dubious theology it funny just as david man god was forsaken his atheist ally forsook him and fled!grin grin grin

Ignorance
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by maclatunji: 9:11am On Apr 25, 2012
vedaxcool: Lol,! Christianity will always come to aid atheism being a product of Christian dubious theology it funny just as david man god was forsaken his atheist ally forsook him and fled!grin grin grin

Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by maclatunji: 9:15am On Apr 25, 2012
davidylan:

Again lets be serious here. Ancient african tribes were once cannibals. Its ok to bury your head in the sands of denial though.

1. Please look up the Irigwe people of Plateau state for examples of ancient polyandrous relationships

2. Yes there were african savages... denying it will not make it go away.

Sure, out of the thousands of tribes in Africa you can find less than 1% practicing Polyandry and Mr. 'Brilliant Scientist' thinks that is an observable trend that defines Africans. Science has really suffered at the hands of Davidlyan.

And there weren't European savages? Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by vedaxcool(m): 9:20am On Apr 25, 2012
logicboy:

Allow me to destroy your argument for the Koran, please;

1) Blasphemy laws- You claim that holocaust denial is an example of a blasphemy that will be punished. No. People died horribly because of Hitler. There are people whose families were destroyed and Germany has a stain forever on their history. Holocuast denial is not only stupidity but also racist towards Jews. Holocaust denial is hate speech and racist. Some western countries have laws against it, some dont. Hate speech is illegal because it can arouse hate and be used to target certain people. This is not a victimless crime

Thank you for making it so easy, we cld Likewise hypocrite we could say denying Allah's existence or insulting Him is not only stupidity but also belittling to the muslims who are the majority in the country. We could further say denying Allah's existence is a sort of hate speech towards muslims as it cast aspersion on the intellect of the majority of the population and makes them look inferior! You can make all your yapping about victim these victim that as any buffoon could say the jews were evil and hence deserve what they got those that make any more sense to you? I doubt you even understand how democracy is supposed to work if not you would not be here making us place u in the mold of an unserious hypocrite who uses the anonymous nature of nl to make unreasonable pts, as in democracy the rights of the people to make laws that protect their identity is guaranteed and simply because the white insults God does not make it right and a universal right! Kappeesh?

logicboy:

2) Men and women should be treated equally. If a man can marry a non-mulsim, a woman should also be allowed. Why should the Koran deny a muslim woman the right to marry a non-muslim but give a man the right? What is the Koran's business with me and my muslim girlfriend? If we are both in love and have enough money to support ourselves, why should Allah/Koran/Muslims deny me love?

You hardly address what I wrote!

logicboy:

3) As for beating of wives, the translation is not "tap lightly". Even if it means "tap lightly", why should you touch your wife when both of your are in disagreement. What does tapping lightly do? The Koran is justifying the beating of women. If I have a disobedient wife, the best I can do is talk to her. Of what use is tapping her?

In that context, "beating" is the only proper translation that fits because the Koran is talking about a disobedient wife. Tapping lightly does not make sense in that context. People either argue or fight when they are in disagreement.

Did not address anything I wrote!
logicboy:

4)Polygamy is obsolete. You say that normal couples have problems, then why multiply the problem with two wives? Polyandry is even more better than polygamy as there would be less children with the same chance of STD (sexually transmitted disease). A polygamy of 3 people have the same chance/rate of infection with a polyandry of 3.

Classical begging the question, that some men are weaklings who cannot handle their home front cannot be used to judge other men who are efficient mangers if their home, hence we could easily answer your question by saying what of polygamous homes that are peaceful? Or is your equality principle always abandoned when the argument goes both ways? About less children you remain a. Big joke my point is how would any man in such a relationship know which child belongs to him? As long as you want to play around we will take u as such? The fact remains a woman reproductive organs is more suited for monogamous relations like I said cervical cancer in young woman has been linked to multiple partners for women. On a final note u atheists are twisted individuals to say the least, u guys support gay everything including marriage yet in their twisted logic nothing is wrong with homosexuality but something is definitely wrong with plural marriage. That is how the atheist logic is flawed and twisted? Indeed they wrong their own souls.
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by LagosShia: 10:32am On Apr 25, 2012
davidylan:

So where is this islamic utopia muslims like telling us sharia law is meant to transform us into?

am i saudi? there monarchy in saudi.
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by LagosShia: 10:34am On Apr 25, 2012
davidylan:

I dont believe muslims shld be killed neither do i support Breivik's ideology. I was only responding to more hare-brained nonsense from maclatunji.
At the end of the day, Norwegians who support Breivik exist. Should we kill them? No. Part of the benefits of living in a free society is the freedom to hold viewpoints that may not be mainstream without fear of retribution.

but you brevik actually did not kill muslims.he killed norwegians-of his own people.

there are a tiny muslim minority supporting alqaeda.are they left in peace?no! so why the double standard?
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by logicboy: 10:47am On Apr 25, 2012
vedaxcool:

Thank you for making it so easy, we cld Likewise hypocrite we could say denying Allah's existence or insulting Him is not only stupidity but also belittling to the muslims who are the majority in the country. We could further say denying Allah's existence is a sort of hate speech towards muslims as it cast aspersion on the intellect of the majority of the population and makes them look inferior! You can make all your yapping about victim these victim that as any buffoon could say the jews were evil and hence deserve what they got those that make any more sense to you? I doubt you even understand how democracy is supposed to work if not you would not be here making us place u in the mold of an unserious hypocrite who uses the anonymous nature of nl to make unreasonable pts, as in democracy the rights of the people to make laws that protect their identity is guaranteed and simply because the white insults God does not make it right and a universal right! Kappeesh?

Sorry but you fail.

a) Allah is not a human being and has no rights. Insulting him has no justification in modern law. Holocaust victims and families are human beings

b) Saying Allah/the Koran is evil does not equate to muslims are evil. Allah/the Koran both have good and evil parts. The fact that there are good muslims only shows that they choose the good part of Allah and does not negate the fact that Allah/the Koran can be evil. Therefore, you can not say that such is hate speech

On the other hand, holocaust denial equates to insulting Jews because Jews were killed and you're denying it. Furthermore, you are saying that the German government and Jews are lying about the holocaust if you're a holocaust denial. That is libel/slander against the people of Germany and it's government.

c) There exists a difference between criticism and hate speech. Criticizing Muhammed (PBUH) for engaging in slavery, polygamy and warfare is based on evidence in the Koran and hadith but under blasphemy laws, you will be punished.

vedaxcool:

You hardly address what I wrote!

Did not address anything I wrote!

Why are you side stepping the issue of Islam and women? Are you ashamed that the Koran clearly tells men to beat their wives? Are you ashamed that your Koran is not only sexist but wrong to deny the rights of my mulsim girlfreind to get married to me?

vedaxcool:

Classical begging the question, that some men are weaklings who cannot handle their home front cannot be used to judge other men who are efficient mangers if their home, hence we could easily answer your question by saying what of polygamous homes that are peaceful? Or is your equality principle always abandoned when the argument goes both ways? About less children you remain a. Big joke my point is how would any man in such a relationship know which child belongs to him? As long as you want to play around we will take u as such? The fact remains a woman reproductive organs is more suited for monogamous relations like I said cervical cancer in young woman has been linked to multiple partners for women. On a final note u atheists are twisted individuals to say the least, u guys support gay everything including marriage yet in their twisted logic nothing is wrong with homosexuality but something is definitely wrong with plural marriage. That is how the atheist logic is flawed and twisted? Indeed they wrong their own souls.

How am I begging the question? There is no polygamous home that is peaceful neither is there any monogamous home that is peaceful. Couples always have problems and adding an extra wife only multiplies the problem. I have never seen a peaceful polygamous home where the wives live in the same house. This is because, tow people can not fill the same role, one must always be redundant. A man can not sex with two women at the same time all through his married life, a man can not spend romantic time with two women at the same time (three is a crowd). A man must have a favourite which wil not be fair on the other wife.

Gay marriage has less divorce rates than other marriages. I can show you the statistics but I'll wait for you to doubt it first so that you can look foolish.
Why should a gay person not get married? How does it affect you? Are they having sex in your bedroom? Is it your business? It the same thing that annoys me with people that think like you. What is your business with me and my girlfriend's marriage? Are we having sex in your bedroom? Who are you and your Koran to say that we shouldnt get married because I am non- muslim amn and she is amuslim woman?
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by LagosShia: 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
^^^^^^^

i really dont understand why people choose names that is the opposite of what they are!!! grin grin grin
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by logicboy: 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
LagosShia: ^^^^^^^

i really dont understand why people choose names that is the opposite of what they are!!! grin grin grin

Put your argument/evidence forward or remain a troll
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by LagosShia: 2:17pm On Apr 25, 2012
logicboy:

Put your argument/evidence forward or remain a troll

LOL

the funniest illogic i have ever read on nairaland is this: grin grin grin

b) "Saying Allah/the Koran is evil does not equate to muslims are evil. Allah/the Koran both have good and evil parts. The fact that there are good muslims only shows that they choose the good part of Allah and does not negate the fact that Allah/the Koran can be evil. Therefore, you can not say that such is hate speech"

if God/Quran is evil and muslims follow,then muslims too must be evil and vice versa.
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
logicboy:
Gay marriage has less divorce rates than other marriages. I can show you the statistics but I'll wait for you to doubt it first so that you can look foolish.
Why should a gay person not get married? How does it affect you? Are they having sex in your bedroom? Is it your business? It the same thing that annoys me with people that think like you. What is your business with me and my girlfriend's marriage? Are we having sex in your bedroom? Who are you and your Koran to say that we shouldnt get married because I am non- muslim amn and she is amuslim woman?

Quite daft. How many gay marriages are we talking about here? If you went to school at all you should have learnt a bit of statistics and the serious problems with making comparisons/conclusions on the basis of minute sample sizes.
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by logicboy: 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2012
LagosShia:

LOL

the funniest illogic i have ever read on nairaland is this: grin grin grin

b) "Saying Allah/the Koran is evil does not equate to muslims are evil. Allah/the Koran both have good and evil parts. The fact that there are good muslims only shows that they choose the good part of Allah and does not negate the fact that Allah/the Koran can be evil. Therefore, you can not say that such is hate speech"

if God/Quran is evil and muslims follow,then muslims too must be evil and vice versa.

The Koran/God has both good and evil sides. If I say that the Koran is evil, it doesnt make muslims evil as the Koran has a Good side.

If I say that the Koran is Arabic, does that make all muslims Arabic?
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by logicboy: 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
davidylan:

Quite daft. How many gay marriages are we talking about here? If you went to school at all you should have learnt a bit of statistics and the serious problems with making comparisons/conclusions on the basis of minute sample sizes.

Yes, you a right that the sample sizes are different but if you were not so partisan, you would understand that there are percentages and different ways to accomodate different sample size. Dont people compare illiteracy rates and income statistics accross nations of varying population sizes?

Davidylan, please try harder, you're failing too much
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 25, 2012
logicboy:

Yes, you a right that the sample sizes are different but if you were not so partisan, you would understand that there are percentages and different ways to accomodate different sample size. Dont people compare illiteracy rates and income statistics accross nations of varying population sizes?

Davidylan, please try harder, you're failing too much

that's true but if you werent so stup[i]i[/i]d you would see the glaring difference here right? It is not the varying nature of the population sizes at play here BUT the sample size itself.

I asked the question - how many gay marriages exist in the world today? Can you compare divorce rates among perhaps 5000 gay couples to divorce rates among over 1bn heterosexual couples? undecided
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by logicboy: 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
davidylan:

that's true but if you werent so stup[i]i[/i]d you would see the glaring difference here right? It is not the varying nature of the population sizes at play here BUT the sample size itself.

I asked the question - how many gay marriages exist in the world today? Can you compare divorce rates among perhaps 5000 gay couples to divorce rates among over 1bn heterosexual couples? undecided

By comparing the marriages in the same state or city? Are you that dense?
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2012
logicboy:

By comparing the marriages in the same state or city? Are you that dense?

You sound much worse each time you open your gob. I was still willing to cut you some slack if you were generalising on a global scale.

Lets take Los angeles for example... what is the ratio of gay marriages to heterosexual marriages? So you want to compare divorce rates between 100 gay couples married in the last 2-3 yrs to that between over 5 million heterosexual couples?

Let me ask you your own question - are you that dense or did you just not pay attention in stat class? Perhaps you should read up on statistical power and its effect on your null hypothesis.
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by vedaxcool(m): 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2012
logicboy:

Sorry but you fail.

a) Allah is not a human being and has no rights. Insulting him has no justification in modern law. Holocaust victims and families are human beings

b) Saying Allah/the Koran is evil does not equate to muslims are evil. Allah/the Koran both have good and evil parts. The fact that there are good muslims only shows that they choose the good part of Allah and does not negate the fact that Allah/the Koran can be evil. Therefore, you can not say that such is hate speech

On the other hand, holocaust denial equates to insulting Jews because Jews were killed and you're denying it. Furthermore, you are saying that the German government and Jews are lying about the holocaust if you're a holocaust denial. That is libel/slander against the people of Germany and it's government.

c) There exists a difference between criticism and hate speech. Criticizing Muhammed (PBUH) for engaging in slavery, polygamy and warfare is based on evidence in the Koran and hadith but under blasphemy laws, you will be punished.
Ý
Lol! I think lagosshia has damaged your already battered image of a dishonest atheist with ill logics as best! How else can I say this your arguments are not sensible to say the least, we can change point B to, to deny Allah and insult Hm is to say Muslims are lying, and it is to slander muslims their country and their constitution, just like point C we can re-write it as criticizing the jews and german govt account of history not hate speech. Whatever argument u devise if it is rational then blasphemy is not reasonable to say the very least! Your credibility as being one who is an honest questioner has suffered repeatedly
from your ill logics! And by the way are in anyway relatedf to Logic Mind?

logicboy:

Why are you side stepping the issue of Islam and women? Are you ashamed that the Koran clearly tells men to beat their wives? Are you ashamed that your Koran is not only sexist but wrong to deny the rights of my mulsim girlfreind to get married to me?

Are you fearful to address the simple points I raised? Cause any sensible and rational discourse involves an exchange of ideas when one side is only interested in repeating himself over and over again then the other side has the logical justification to indicate YOU R NOT ADDRESSSING THE POINTS RAISED.

logicboy:

How am I begging the question? There is no polygamous home that is peaceful neither is there any monogamous home that is peaceful. Couples always have problems and adding an extra wife only multiplies the problem. I have never seen a peaceful polygamous home where the wives live in the same house. This is because, tow people can not fill the same role, one must always be redundant. A man can not sex with two women at the same time all through his married life, a man can not spend romantic time with two women at the same time (three is a crowd). A man must have a favourite which wil not be fair on the other wife.
And you call yourself logicboy, I have seen polygamous marriages that everyone leaves like Siamese twins . On the other trash u wrote even a atheist bigot like yourself would know that in polygamous marriage there is sharing of time etc I wonder why when one argues with atheists on NL logic is usually the first victim . . .
logicboy:

Sounding frustrated like mega jerk=mazaje? It has just begun. Let me re-engineer the foolishness you wrote what is your business if a man marries two or more wives did he collect your wife? Are they querrelling in your bedroom? or if Islam rejects marriage of our sisters to non muslim na by force make u date our women? When ur argue do so sensibly? And we would say what is your business if we belief in God? Did we use ur brain? . . . You just too easy
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2012
logicboy is equal to opposite of logic. loool Lwkmdie grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by logicboy: 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2012
davidylan:

You sound much worse each time you open your gob. I was still willing to cut you some slack if you were generalising on a global scale.

Lets take Los angeles for example... what is the ratio of gay marriages to heterosexual marriages? So you want to compare divorce rates between 100 gay couples married in the last 2-3 yrs to that between over 5 million heterosexual couples?

Let me ask you your own question - are you that dense or did you just not pay attention in stat class? Perhaps you should read up on statistical power and its effect on your null hypothesis.

You keep lying and lying with your false figures

"Same-sex marriage total at 11,000
California reaches the number in three months, surpassing Massachusetts over four years, study finds"

"More gay couples were married in California in the first three months that same-sex marriages were legal than were married in the first four years it was legal in Massachusetts, according to a new study."
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/07/local/me-gaymarriage7
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by logicboy: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2012
toba: logicboy is equal to opposite of logic. loool Lwkmdie grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ah another cheerleader grin grin grin grin grin grin

not surprised
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2012
logicboy:

Ah another cheerleader grin grin grin grin grin grin

not surprised
why call me a cheerleader? haven't i said the truth? shocked
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by logicboy: 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
vedaxcool: Ý
Lol! I think lagosshia has damaged your already battered image of a dishonest atheist with ill logics as best! How else can I say this your arguments are not sensible to say the least, we can change point B to, to deny Allah and insult Hm is to say Muslims are lying, and it is to slander muslims their country and their constitution, just like point C we can re-write it as criticizing the jews and german govt account of history not hate speech. Whatever argument u devise if it is rational then blasphemy is not reasonable to say the very least! Your credibility as being one who is an honest questioner has suffered repeatedly
from your ill logics! And by the way are in anyway relatedf to Logic Mind?

You can keep cheerleading lagoshsia as you and lagoshsia both fail

1) Many other religions deny Allah. Are you going to call that hate speech? Are they insulting muslims? Christians say Yaweh and Jesus are God. Bhuddists dont believe in a God generally? Are your blasphmeny laws going to be expanded to say that muslims are insulted by Christiand and Buddhists?

2) Allah is not a human being. I can insult him as he has no human rights.

My logic is too much for you!

vedaxcool:
Are you fearful to address the simple points I raised? Cause any sensible and rational discourse involves an exchange of ideas when one side is only interested in repeating himself over and over again then the other side has the logical justification to indicate YOU R NOT ADDRESSSING THE POINTS RAISED.

Please tell me your questions let me answer them so that you will never claim again that I avoided your questions

vedaxcool:
And you call yourself logicboy, I have seen polygamous marriages that everyone leaves like Siamese twins . On the other trash u wrote even a atheist bigot like yourself would know that in polygamous marriage there is sharing of time etc I wonder why when one argues with atheists on NL logic is usually the first victim .
. .

That is a lie. Which normal woman likes to be shared like a spare tyre? You degrade women as if they are intimacy gadgets. Sharing of time my black a$$! I am not a bigot. I dont insult muslims, i only insult sexists, polygamists, extremists and wife beaters. I have a muslim girlfriend, remember? My previous girlfriend was a buddhist. There is no polyganmous house that is peaceful. None.

vedaxcool:
Sounding frustrated like mega jerk=mazaje? It has just begun. Let me re-engineer the foolishness you wrote what is your business if a man marries two or more wives did he collect your wife? Are they querrelling in your bedroom? or if Islam rejects marriage of our sisters to non muslim na by force make u date our women? When ur argue do so sensibly? And we would say what is your business if we belief in God? Did we use ur brain? . . . You just too easy

Human rights, feminism and equality. Have you heard of those terms? Was I not talking about women and Islam? Should my marriage to my girlfriend bother anyone since it doesnt impinge on anyone's human rights?

1) If a businessman is allowed to marry two or more wives, why shouldnt there be polyandry? A woman should then equally get married to two or more husbands. Equality is the key here. I brought up this argument before in this thread but you ignored it like a douchebag. The simple solution is to make rveryone monogamous or it becomes too complex

2) If a businessman is allowed to marry two wives, the womens' rights are impinged upon as they have to compete for affection, for their husbands time, for a father figure in their childrens' lives etc.

3) Imagine that there are 1,010 men and a 1,000 women (normal ratio of men to women globally) in a muslim village. If every man has a right to two or more women, how many women are need to satisfy all the men? More polygamy = less women for me.
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by logicboy: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2012
toba: why call me a cheerleader? haven't i said the truth? shocked

What would be the truth?
Re: Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
logicboy:

You keep lying and lying with your false figures

"Same-sex marriage total at 11,000
California reaches the number in three months, surpassing Massachusetts over four years, study finds"

"More gay couples were married in California in the first three months that same-sex marriages were legal than were married in the first four years it was legal in Massachusetts, according to a new study."
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/07/local/me-gaymarriage7

Ok fo[i]o[/i]l let me educate you again. California gave out gay marriage licenses in 2008; which means the oldest gay marriages in that state are just about 4 yrs old max. Now you want to compare the divorce rate from that limited range to millions of heterosexual marriages many of which are in their 20th yr or more?

Secondly, you rightly said California gave out 11,000 licenses... so according to you, it is ok to compare the divorce rate from an 11,000 sample size to the many millions of heterosexual marriages?

Lastly, can you compare the divorce rate for gay marriages in Idaho to that of heterosexual couples? Hint... there are no gay marriages in Idaho so that comparison is mute. Daft.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? / The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ / Praise And Admiration By Prominent Non-muslims For Islam and the Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.