Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? (1076 Views)

New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose / Buhari Ally Abubakar Tsav Warns Him Against Sectional Appointments / Clark Apologizes For Past Comments & Calls For National Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by bilms(m): 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
YOUR MIND IS YOUR POWER,SAFE GUARD IT WITH PASSION

I have a question,
WHY IS OUR SECTIONAL LOYALTY SO IMPORTANT TO US THAN THE NATIONAL UNITY?

According to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,it states that,WE the people of Nigeria,having firmly and solemnly resolved to live in unity and harmony as one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God dedicated to the promotion of inter African solidarity,world peace,international cooperation and understanding. It further states that,Nigeria shall be a state based on democracy and social justice. it was declared that,sovereignty belongs to the people from whom government through the constitution derives ALL its powers and authority. How come the declaration which was witnessed by all region is being violated? How come the said leaders who derived their TOTAL power from the people have no respect for the people? How come the people who should stand to defend themselves against oppression and violation are themselves keeping silent? Why is our sectional loyalty so important to us than the Collective Unity?

We shall uphold the constitution,the social justice must be demanded,the people's power must be established,the indivisible and indissoluble Nigerian state must prevail. Your MIND is your power, safe guide it with passion. cleanse it from sentiments, and prejudice. Stand up for true national Unity.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by Johndoe100(m): 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2012
Yeah right. Now give us an action plan to achive this utopia.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by belovedaja(m): 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
Nigeria is a fraud, fake,artificial and superficial. I first became igbo b4 being nigeria it makes original. Also i am proud to be part of history that is over one thousand years than one that is barely hundred years.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by bilms(m): 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
soon
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by ymozay: 8:23am On Apr 19, 2012
And how can we achieve any meaningful progress with this mindset? citizens that are suppose to pursue a common goal still see themselves from an ethnic/religious standpoint;we're pursuing something we don't believe in.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by daywatcher: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2012
belovedaja: Nigeria is a fraud, fake,artificial and superficial. I first became igbo b4 being nigeria it makes original. Also i am proud to be part of history that is over one thousand years than one that is barely hundred years.

I hope you live in Igboland
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by Kachi01: 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2012
I think this same constitution also gave us right to reside in every part of nigeria without molestation? The Igbos are living in almost every part of nigeria doing there legitimate business and they are called all sorts of names, before the civil war in 1967, over 30,000 igbos were masacred in the north and the same killings is still going on today. Untill we come to a level where ur state of residence is ur home state like the US, national unity and ur constitutional quot will remain a pipe dream.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by Dede1(m): 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2012
bilms: YOUR MIND IS YOUR POWER,SAFE GUARD IT WITH PASSION

I have a question,
WHY IS OUR SECTIONAL LOYALTY SO IMPORTANT TO US THAN THE NATIONAL UNITY?

According to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,it states that,WE the people of Nigeria,having firmly and solemnly resolved to live in unity and harmony as one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God dedicated to the promotion of inter African solidarity,world peace,international cooperation and understanding. It further states that,Nigeria shall be a state based on democracy and social justice. it was declared that,sovereignty belongs to the people from whom government through the constitution derives ALL its powers and authority. How come the declaration which was witnessed by all region is being violated? How come the said leaders who derived their TOTAL power from the people have no respect for the people? How come the people who should stand to defend themselves against oppression and violation are themselves keeping silent? Why is our sectional loyalty so important to us than the Collective Unity?

We shall uphold the constitution,the social justice must be demanded,the people's power must be established,the indivisible and indissoluble Nigerian state must prevail. Your MIND is your power, safe guide it with passion. cleanse it from sentiments, and prejudice. Stand up for true national Unity.

There was no referendum in Nigeria to support such goofy conjectural crap. As much as I do know, Nigerians did not and never firmly and solemnly resolve to live in unity and harmony as one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God or Allah.

If the nonsensical jargon is remotely true, why does Nigeria have institutionalized quota system, federal character and state of origin? Nigeria can not continue to swim in unmitigated delusion.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by Afam4eva(m): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2012
Why is your immediate family ore important to you than your extended family?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2012
What a st.upid question. We are not nigerians cos we didn't agree through referendum to be one country. You can't force me into a marriage and expect me to be faithful.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by greentea1: 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: What a st.upid question. We are not nigerians cos we didn't agree through referendum to be one country. You can't force me into a marriage and expect me to be faithful.

Top![img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by bilms(m): 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2012
?
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by T9ksy(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ poster, you should direct your moronic question at the northerners killing fellow "nigerians" especially southerners with gusto.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by Edzy: 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2012
Most Nigerians are guilty of this,not just one section of the country if we are to be sincere.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by ektbear: 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
Well, this is true for many multi-ethnic countries.

Plus it isn't as if Nigeria has been an outstanding success...
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by Yeske2(m): 10:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
It's because we are Nigerians and we act it too, that's what we are.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by ebere1712: 12:33am On Apr 20, 2012
Did any of my forefathers agree to a unitary system of government. The Answer is No. Therefore Nigeria to me and its constitution is Null and void until we go back and have an agreement. Anything short of a referendum is a cow dung induced hallucination.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by aljharem(m): 12:44am On Apr 20, 2012
You cannot blame Nigerians for it. take for instance.

till today hausas are not seen as indigenes in Jos despite all the year spent in the city. You do not expect me as a non-indigene to be loyal to the place /

Same fact is what Igbos and Yorubas fact in their various states of birth. That is why when I see mumu people keep talking of my state this my state that, well Nigeria would not develop because we are not seeing each other as one people.
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by bilms(m): 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2012
lol
Re: Why Is Our Sectional Loyalty So Important To Us Than The National Unity? by bilms(m): 9:13am On Apr 24, 2012
you may be right.

(1) (Reply)

Best Nigerian Leader / South East At Sea Over Demand For New States / Pictures Of NITEL Staff Removing NITEL Cables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.