Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 (44409 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Chelsea: 65% (119 votes)
Barcelona: 26% (48 votes)
Draw: 7% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona : UCL (2 - 0) On 13th April 2016 / Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On 12th September 2015 / Athletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona : Spanish Super Cup (4 - 0) On 14th August 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Ricdave(m): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2012
CONGRATULATIONS TO CHELSEA, THEIR FANS TOO AND EVERY SUPPORTER LAST NYTE..WOT ¡ SAW IN THAT MATCH WAS GOD'S TOTAL SUPPORT FOR THE BLUES. ¡ GUESS THE NEW MANAGER CARRIES Α "GOOD LUCK" SORT OF. Even Pep and barca knows it that dia greatest challenge ιη football ¡s CHELSEA, let's pray and hope dat 2nd leg wil also be good for chelsea.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 19, 2012
elampiro: .

Incase you don't know, Man United eliminated Barca in 2008 UCL semi finals even with Messi, Iniester, Xavi, Eto, Ronaldiho, Puyol, Alves, Abidal, Yaya Toure and Thiery Henry playing. Man United missed Rooney due to injury and still won the match from Paul Scholes super strike on 1-0 aggregate. Inter Milan eliminated them in 2010 semi finals. So get your facts right. Also, Arsenal won a 1st leg against Barca but lost the encounter in the secoond due to RVP controversial red card.

Go back and watch the second leg, arsenal didn't have a single shot on target all through the 90mins and their only goal was own goal.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 19, 2012
Ricdave: CONGRATULATIONS TO CHELSEA, THEIR FANS TOO AND EVERY SUPPORTER LAST NYTE..WOT ¡ SAW IN THAT MATCH WAS GOD'S TOTAL SUPPORT FOR THE BLUES. ¡ GUESS THE NEW MANAGER CARRIES Α "GOOD LUCK" SORT OF. Even Pep and barca knows it that dia greatest challenge ιη football ¡s CHELSEA, let's pray and hope dat 2nd leg wil also be good for chelsea.

You already said it, ur qualification to the semis was based on luck cos benfica outplayed u on both legs though na winner sure pass but dont think you are good.. We all watched it and we all know barca didn't just outplay you but were very unlucky.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by tribalism(m): 7:20am On Apr 19, 2012
odiaero:

Obi was a flop, if he plays like this next week, the manager should remove him, playing with fear
the manager's position in chelsea is still vacant. feel free to apply so you can do it yourself. ITI BORIBO.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 19, 2012
tribalism:
the manager's position in chelsea is still vacant. feel free to apply so you can do it yourself. ITI BORIBO.

I dont exchange words with cowards who have never seen the bridge on river niger, just stay put in ur village, ewule
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 19, 2012
odiaero:

I dont exchange words with cowards that have never seen the bridge on river niger, just stay put in ur village, ewule
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by olainfinity(m): 7:55am On Apr 19, 2012
wetin de pain me 4 all of u b say,if chelsea begin to chop dia yam now non of u wl showup again.jst watchout 2leg ma bad gaan ooooooooo
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 19, 2012
Choi, I no go hear word for chelshit fans today. na only noise makers full for chelsea
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by purplekayc(m): 8:03am On Apr 19, 2012
This is definitely not over chelsea should be more careful on the 2nd leg
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Chimezie198(m): 8:16am On Apr 19, 2012
Up barca! To all chelsea fans, WE SHALL SEE
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Mustay(m): 8:20am On Apr 19, 2012
Chelsea - Madrid final. shikena
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by ddippset(m): 8:24am On Apr 19, 2012
mama-gee:

Quit grasping at straws!
So messi chasing shadows throughout the match is better than a performance that actually ended up giving madrid hope for the second leg, that's the only thing that matters in a crucial match like this one not failed attempts or misses.

Comparing messi's par performance that led to 0 goals after more than 50 passes made to him for the whole 90+ mins is quite funny considering the fact that ronaldo got less of the ball because of mourinho's tactics of equalizing and then defending the rest of match instead of attacking but he still assisted mesut ozil to tie the match before they conceded a late goal.

Assist? since when did a failed attempt to pass the ball turn into an assist? Did pedro score? undecided

So you're comparing an assist that led to a goal after 54mins to a full 90mins of misses and shadow chasing. grin

Funny enough, you're the only one that thinks messi performed well today because most if not all of the football sites voted him as the flop of the match so continue telling yourself that messi's 0 assists and 0 goals in 90+ mins is better than 1 assist after 54mins that later turned into a defensive battlefield instead of a real football match. grin grin grin grin grin

And by the way ronaldo got a far higher rating for his performance than messi. grin
i think people like you do not watch football. you be doing some other stuff and just have some kid call you over when a goal is scored. you get to see the goal on replay and then go back to what you were doing. you write down the scorer and the assist guy.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by ImperialMcHael(m): 8:24am On Apr 19, 2012
You barca fans said more than this before the match 'barca doesn't know home from away' bt now its '2nd leg ma badt gann' Make una pack well joor.
You guys can't win without the referee!!!
Barca outplayed chelsea fine, bt we outscored you guys simple! And the last time I checked, thats the point of football - winning the game even if it were to be an own goal.
Don't be suprised if Chelsea beat Barca in the return leg. Its all about keys and locks and we definitely have the key to barca. Arsenal could have done it last season but they were playin against 12 players (if you leave out the linemen) chelsea for final no dulling!!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by DTaj: 8:33am On Apr 19, 2012
This game was a big miracle for Chelsea; their fans should just cool down, because they will be annihilated at Camp Nou next Tuesday.

What better miracle could you get? Ball possession: Barca 72%, Chelsea 28%; Goal Attempts: Barca 24, Chelsea 5; Goal Attempts on Target: Barca 6, Chelsea 1! And with the only one goal attempt on target, they won 1-0!

Barca hit the bar twice when Cech was in no man's land, Ashley Cole cleared a certain Fabregas goal off the line; Cech made at least 5 excellent goal-bound saves! Most analysts say the game might have been 5-1 to Barca on account of play and chances.

This stretch of luck won't endure at Camp Nou. I bet it!

So, Chelsea fans, enjoy your 6 days in the sun- before Tuesday, next week!!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Olaolufred(m): 8:36am On Apr 19, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: Why are people so biased, have u ever watched a match where barca has beaten Chelsea by more than 1 goal, because as for me I can't remember. Make una remind me o...... Na wetin dey the bou camp sef? We have had more draws there....

Even barca knows its not childs play to meet with Chelsea.
and since when did it become a crime to defend, if that's our strategy, then its working for us.
We change strategy as situation demands.
Please if una nor fit analyse match as e be make una go sleep. Barcelona were attacking and they did it 90%
Chelsea were defending and they did it 100%
So in ür own logic, who was the better side.
Technically we were better, barca has their style,
chelsea has theirs? Ours have prevailed that's what matters.
for barca to score Chelsea 2 unreplied goals will be a feat for them. So even if they win 2-1 Chelsea will still go through on away goals rule.
have u ever seen Chelsea putting pressure on a team, pls go and watch our matches, and u will understand why barca will have a hard time beating Chelsea.

Barca was good, but Chelsea were better.
The more technical side one, simples......
True that chelsea did 100% good defending. That is the real result of the 1st leg.
If all 4 close chances missed by Barca were GOAL, hope you would have accepted the result in good fate.
The 2nd leg kicks off in 5-days time.
Please, kindly let us accept the result in good fate if they utilise their chances in that encounter.
I believe Chelsea can try their best like they did yesterday. But results don't always go that way.
Yesterday was just your day. But don't think your destinies would be based on such.
Come Tuesday, Chelsea fans should be bold enough to accept defeat, since they know well how to savor the pleasure of a win.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by ddippset(m): 8:44am On Apr 19, 2012
Imperial McHæl: You barca fans said more than this before the match 'barca doesn't know home from away' bt now its '2nd leg ma badt gann' Make una pack well joor.
You guys can't win without the referee!!!
Barca outplayed chelsea fine, bt we outscored you guys simple! And the last time I checked, thats the point of football - winning the game even if it were to be an own goal.
Don't be suprised if Chelsea beat Barca in the return leg. Its all about keys and locks and we definitely have the key to barca. Arsenal could have done it last season but they were playin against 12 players (if you leave out the linemen) chelsea for final no dulling!!!
Mr chelsea fan are you still talking about referees? that's shameless you know! after all we all witnessed in the past couple of weeks? now you're burying your head in the sand? ni**** please!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Olaolufred(m): 8:47am On Apr 19, 2012
Funny though.
On my way to the office this morning,
I saw a four-legged chelsea fan.
A ram put on Chelsea jersey. I wonder how wild Chelsea fan could go in celebrating a win.
Then I said to myself,"how I wish this people could learn to be a good looser too".
This same Aboki that put Jersey on Ram could stab someone to death after their exit on Tuesday.
This happened in Lekki-off Admiralty way.
Wild fans.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by jevic(m): 8:52am On Apr 19, 2012
More grease to your elbow Chelsea FC.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by emsquare(m): 9:28am On Apr 19, 2012
opabukun: “How To Play Barca & Win” is out! Grab Ur Copy fast!!

Pirated copy! LOL
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by jamp: 9:29am On Apr 19, 2012
Ndi Obiakpo. thank God chelsea. Barca is d best team in the world no doubt abt that. what is football? being able to play well, score goals and defend well.

chelsea did that yesterday. they scored gaol and defended well. but barca only played well witout scoring a goal.

SEE U ALL IN MUNICH
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by purplekayc(m): 9:51am On Apr 19, 2012
U are going to d nuo camp next so remember this........ grin grin

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by switch47(m): 9:51am On Apr 19, 2012
CHELSEA was lucky last night. Next week tuesday will be a different ball game. Chelsea is DOPOMED to be kicked out and worse still will not qualify for champions league next year!

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by eyoniggar(m): 9:54am On Apr 19, 2012
switch, whats up? long tym fam! figured out you havent posted on nl of recent until Chelsea big game came up. You are a real critic of um.lol

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by bilms(m): 9:55am On Apr 19, 2012
just as i said it. no matter the outcome of this match.chelsea would and has taken the day....What next for barca? Enough ojoro coming in the second leg, but chelsea knows the trick...
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by switch47(m): 10:03am On Apr 19, 2012
[b][/b]
eyoniggar: switch, whats up? long tym fam! figured out you havent posted on nl of recent until Chelsea big game came up. You are a real critic of um.lol

Bro , i have been out there trying to make good cash jare, no point criticising a DEAD club more than is needed. Barcelona is going to play yori yori football and DESTROY chelsea next week, Eliminating them when they have high hopes and give them heartbreak. Before then Arsenal will show them fire on saturday and Chelsea will not qualify for Champions league next year. everybody including Chelsea players agreed yesterday that Chelsea was lucky but on tuesday they will be OUT. Barcelona can as well break the jinx of scoring low against this yeye team and ship in like 5 goals for once!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by sholatech(m): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2012
We should appreciate our own, abeg! Mikel Obi was one of Chelsea's best yesterday(together with Drogba, Cech and Ashley Cole).
He completed the highest number of passes in yesterday's chelsea team and covered one of the best distances in the team. With a defensive chelsea strategy, how will you say Mikel was weak when his work is to ball break and do the dirty job? Given his role and the team strategy, give Mikel a good pass mark.
Was just wondering though what would have happened if Barca as the away team played a defensive strategy like chelsea, what would have happened?
Painful to lose, but why won't I keep loving Barca with the great way they played even when they don't score?Sports is not all about winning all the time,but the beauty. Pls Pep, let's keep playing our style!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Olaolufred(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2012
bilms: just as i said it. no matter the outcome of this match.chelsea would and has taken the day....What next for barca? Enough ojoro coming in the second leg, but chelsea knows the trick...

YOU ALREADY BELIEVE THERE WILL BE OJORO WHEN THE MATCH IS NOT YET PLAYED?
WHEN YOU WON LUCKILY,REFEREEING IS OK. ANYTIME YOU LOSE, REFEREE AND PLATINI ARE BAD.
THIS IS THE BAD SPIRIT OF SPORTSMANSHIP EVERY CHELSEA FANS DISPLAYED.
YOU ARE GOOD AT CELEBRATING A WIN, BUT THE WORST BAD LOOSERS I EVER KNEW.
5 DAYS TO GO.
I KNOW YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE REASONS FOR YOUR LOSS.
IT COULD BE REFEREE, PLATINI,PITCH,LINESMEN, FANS,EARTH OR BLA BLA BLA.
LET US KNOW HOW TO CELEBRATE WINS AS WELL AS ACCEPTING TRUTH WHEN WE LOSE.
BARCA IS SUPERIOR, WHETHER YOU GOT AWAY WITH THE 1 GOAL OR NOT.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by eyoniggar(m): 10:34am On Apr 19, 2012
switch47: [b][/b]

Bro , i have been out there trying to make good cash jare, no point criticising a DEAD club more than is needed. Barcelona is going to play yori yori football and DESTROY chelsea next week, Eliminating them when they have high hopes and give them heartbreak. Before then Arsenal will show them fire on saturday and Chelsea will not qualify for Champions league next year. everybody including Chelsea players agreed yesterday that Chelsea was lucky but on tuesday they will be OUT. Barcelona can as well break the jinx of scoring low against this yeye team and ship in like 5 goals for once!!

Lol, you know its always good to see the opposition in a joyous state. Nobody deserves to lose, but you lose some, you win some. But winning to extending to the next stage is the sweetest. They know what they are coming for. grin

Olaolu,fred, please you pple should free them agberos, you should by now know their nature, no amount of preaching would change their dirty mind set and agbero Judgement.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by oniwo(m): 10:35am On Apr 19, 2012
ollah1:

You already said it, ur qualification to the semis was based on luck cos benfica outplayed u on both legs though na winner sure pass but dont think you are good.. We all watched it and we all know barca didn't just outplay you but were very unlucky.

You are a big mumu that does not know anything about football.Game of football is all about goal all others are formalities grin javascript:void(0);grin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by oniwo(m): 10:36am On Apr 19, 2012
ollah1:

You are a big mumu that does not know anything about football.Game of football is all about goal all others are formalities gringrin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 by Phems(m): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2012
What Have You Learnt from Chelsea 1 - 0 Barcelona?

* Respect your opponent's area of specialization, otherwise you will always be its victim. Instead, .....

* Carefully study your opponent's weakness and device a means to capitalize on their weakness with due diligence - There is always a weak point in every strength. Hence you can always beat the best.

* Don't believe anything is impossible - Be courageous and vigilant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Liverpool vs Arsenal - 3- 1 On 28th September 2020 / Tottenhan Hotspur Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 19th June 2020 / Manchester United Vs Wolves (0 - 1) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.