Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,504 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:45 PM

Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That (3266 Views)

Why Are Girls So Cheap (Pictures) / First-time Sex Is Never Like The Movies / Why Nigerian Girls Are So Disrespectful. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 2:34am On Apr 18, 2012
I noticed most Nigerian girls are disrespectful these days. It seems most of them have forgotten the African culture, and how women are supposed to be respectful to their men.. The 60s and 70s African American feminism a la independent woman syndrome has eaten so deep into our women, that it's difficult to differentiate between a Nigerian girl, and Jamaican or AA girl. These other groups of women are black as well, but they lost their Africanness during slavery.. We never lost ours; so, why can't our women embrace their Africanness, and be respectful to us, their men?

I won't be surprised if the baby mum syndrome, which is a normal thing in black diaspora, is now rampant amongst Nigerian girls in Nigeria.. Nigeria has already been through a lot, and I don't want the land of my ancestors to turn into ghetto America; where single parents and crack babies are rampant - with drug dealers and gang bangers running every street. That would be the end of Nigeria...

As for me, I have decided to go back to my roots, and embrace the culture of polygamy... I'm planning to marry 30 wives like Fela Kuti, in 2016. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 2:49am On Apr 18, 2012
Lol@ bolded! But didnt he end up divorcing them all?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 2:54am On Apr 18, 2012
talina: Lol@ bolded! But didnt he end up divorcing them all?

I don't know what happened at the end, sorry. smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 18, 2012
He kept 12 of the wives and then divorced them later cheesy Anyways, good luck with that!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 3:06am On Apr 18, 2012
talina: He kept 12 of the wives and then divorced them later cheesy Anyways, good luck with that!

I'll like to make you one of my 30 wives, are you on it? smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 3:17am On Apr 18, 2012
hehe! Sorry...Im a one man kind of lady.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 3:18am On Apr 18, 2012
K, I think I said that wrong..
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 3:18am On Apr 18, 2012
talina: hehe! Sorry...Im a one man kind of lady.

Hmmm, if you say so.. I can change my views if you can rock my world. wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by GboyegaD(m): 4:42am On Apr 18, 2012
Why did you conclude they are disrespectful? The generalization isn't fair on them and I think most times, many act disrespectful because of our manner of approach.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 5:02am On Apr 18, 2012
WOW! why do you relate the concept of ghetto and baby mama to feminism?? are u on crack or simply ignorant!! Yes! let's go back to the African culture that upheld the male gender as superior. Yes! let's go back to the African culture that required blind submission from women and never required the same respect demanded from their women from their men! Why don't we go back to that African culture that had caused set back and backwardness to the black women race. Yes! let's go back to that African culture where silly men like you can treat smart women as trash and subject their women's talent and intelligence to the kitchen and bedroom only. Yes! let's go back to the African culture that has ruined the mentality of females today. Who expect their men to do everything(including buying weave) for them as long as they give s3x in return, not knowing there is more to their lives than pleasing some guy.
I believe respect should be demanded and given to everyone. Being disrespectful has more to do with the individual than it is cultural based.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by slimyem: 6:01am On Apr 18, 2012
Shollypopz: WOW! why do you relate the concept of ghetto and baby mama to feminism?? are u on crack or simply ignorant!! Yes! let's go back to the African culture that upheld the male gender as superior. Yes! let's go back to the African culture that required blind submission from women and never required the same respect demanded from their women from their men! Why don't we go back to that African culture that had caused set back and backwardness to the black women race. Yes! let's go back to that African culture where silly men like you can treat smart women as trash and subject their women's talent and intelligence to the kitchen and bedroom only. Yes! let's go back to the African culture that has ruined the mentality of females today. Who expect their men to do everything(including buying weave) for them as long as they give s3x in return, not knowing there is more to their lives than pleasing some guy.
I believe respect should be demanded and given to everyone. Being disrespectful has more to do with the individual than it is cultural based.
Nicely said!
GboyegaD: Why did you conclude they are disrespectful? The generalization isn't fair on them and I think most times, many act disrespectful because of our manner of approach.
thank you!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2012
Shollypopz: WOW! why do you relate the concept of ghetto and baby mama to feminism?? are u on crack or simply ignorant!!
Feminism breads Mrs. Independent a la single parent household... Feminists push their husbands, with the "you ain't shyte and I can do it all by myself" syndrome.

Yes! let's go back to the African culture that upheld the male gender as superior. Yes! let's go back to the African culture that required blind submission from women and never required the same respect demanded from their women from their men! Why don't we go back to that African culture that had caused set back and backwardness to the black women race. Yes! let's go back to that African culture where silly men like you can treat smart women as trash and subject their women's talent and intelligence to the kitchen and bedroom only. Yes! let's go back to the African culture that has ruined the mentality of females today.

I didn't even know you were this ignorant and myopic - yet you have a picture of Nefertiti on your profile... The story of Nefertiti, Queen Amina, Queen Nzinga, Madam Tinubu etc.. already proved these diatribe and misconceptions about how African culture treats women to WRONG AND FALSEHOOD... You my dear, need to expand your horizon, read more - and stop believing all the falsehoods white people told you about the African culture. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

Who expect their men to do everything(including buying weave) for them as long as they give s3x in return, not knowing there is more to their lives than pleasing some guy. I believe respect should be demanded and given to everyone. Being disrespectful has more to do with the individual than it is cultural based.

That's not our culture - selling sex is foreign to the African culture... Read more, woman - and stop exposing your ignorance.... You're a whitewash woman a la coconut - and my post is about people like you... You don't know nothing about your own darn culture smh.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
bittyend: I noticed most Nigerian girls are disrespectful these days. It seems most of them have forgotten the African culture, and how women are supposed to be respectful to their men.. The 60s and 70s African American feminism a la independent woman syndrome has eaten so deep into our women, that it's difficult to differentiate between a Nigerian girl, and Jamaican or AA girl. These other groups of women are black as well, but they lost their Africanness during slavery.. We never lost ours; so, why can't our women embrace their Africanness, and be respectful to us, their men?

I won't be surprised if the baby mum syndrome, which is a normal thing in black diaspora, is now rampant amongst Nigerian girls in Nigeria.. Nigeria has already been through a lot, and I don't want the land of my ancestors to turn into ghetto America; where single parents and crack babies are rampant - with drug dealers and gang bangers running every street. That would be the end of Nigeria...

As for me, I have decided to go back to my roots, and embrace the culture of polygamy... I'm planning to marry 30 wives like Fela Kuti, in 2016. cool
spoken like a true african man grin
big ups my brother grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2012
My culture will never die.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 2:31am On Apr 19, 2012
bittyend:
Feminism breads Mrs. Independent a la single parent household... Feminists push their husbands, with the "you ain't shyte and I can do it all by myself" syndrome.

argh! see, the problem with arguing feminism with someone like you is that you are so brainwashed and in a box, and you would just refuse to see reason. African men like you remind me so much of Plato's Allegory of the Cave. You are not dumb but so freaking misguided that you attack anyone that preaches a different light than what your norm is. Do not mistake me for a feminist, i have met extreme ones and i have come to the conclusion that i'm no where near a feminist. Your mentality is so faulty, that you don't even see how disturbing your post is. [Women are supposed to be respectful to their men and the same is not required from their men??]. I mean see how disrespectful you were in your reply, you don't see me creating a thread on Why Nigerian Men are so Disrespectful.[Again, respect should be given to everyone, No culture embrace insolence]

bittyend:
I didn't even know you were this ignorant and myopic - yet you have a picture of Nefertiti on your profile... The story of Nefertiti, Queen Amina, Queen Nzinga, Madam Tinubu etc.. already proved these diatribe and misconceptions about how African culture treats women to WRONG AND FALSEHOOD... You my dear, need to expand your horizon, read more - and stop believing all the falsehoods white people told you about the African culture. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

me??!! mental slavery u dey craze i swear! Just because i said the truth about the way African culture kinda supports s3xual inequality. Now, i'm in mental slavery?? I do love my culture, hence the Nefertiti pic but i'm not blind to it's shortcomings. There is nothing that disgust me more than people like you that blame the white man for every God damn problem the black race face. Jeez! seriously you give the white man too much credit! And ode! these women you mentioned above were great because they did things that were not the norm; they were extraordinary because they broke barriers!

bittyend:
That's not our culture - selling sex is foreign to the African culture... Read more, woman - and stop exposing your ignorance.... You're a whitewash woman a la coconut - and my post is about people like you... You don't know nothing about your own darn culture smh.
lol, u sound so bitter! Whitewash that's a first! u misunderstood what i wrote. I care not about prostitution of anykind. What i wrote there was to emphasize the way some African girls/ladies/women expect sole financial provision from the opposite sex because they were not taught to be independent, ambitious, or resourceful. In as much as they could cook and satisfy some guy in the bedroom. Besides, selling sex is not new or foreign to any culture! Using your own words, READ MORE BOY, AND EXPAND YOUR HORIZON!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 2:58am On Apr 19, 2012
Shollypopz:

I don't have time to read your rants, but can you be one of my 30 wives? grin grin

You can practice your feminism in my house. smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 7:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
Shollypopz

Let's continue our discourse on this topic, I'm ready to challenge you now.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
Shollypopz: WOW! why do you relate the concept of ghetto and baby mama to feminism?? are u on crack or simply ignorant!! Yes! let's go back to the African culture that upheld the male gender as superior. Yes! let's go back to the African culture that required blind submission from women and never required the same respect demanded from their women from their men! Why don't we go back to that African culture that had caused set back and backwardness to the black women race. Yes! let's go back to that African culture where silly men like you can treat smart women as trash and subject their women's talent and intelligence to the kitchen and bedroom only. Yes! let's go back to the African culture that has ruined the mentality of females today. Who expect their men to do everything(including buying weave) for them as long as they give s3x in return, not knowing there is more to their lives than pleasing some guy.

BIG UP!!! cool

That right there is one of the BEST posts I have seen in a LONG time.
Much respect Shollypopz! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by lifestyle1(m): 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2012
undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Mynd44: 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2012
@OP, how are your marital plans going?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

BIG UP!!! cool

That right there is one of the BEST posts I have seen in a LONG time.
Much respect Shollypopz! wink
aawww, thanks....i'm blushing kiss
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 10:47am On Jun 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
aawww, thanks....i'm blushing kiss

Are you scared? Let's continue our debate, woman. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by luckgames(m): 2:27pm On Jun 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
Are the men from the conservative state of Tennessee (white) the same if compare to men from New York?
Lot of single mama is growing within Nigerian communities in the developed countries. There are big issues in the community.
Respect, Consideration and Fairness will go a long way to create balance between our culture and the developed countries
Keep pushing the envelope people
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2012
bittyend:

Are you scared? Let's continue our debate, woman. cool
dude, this is a logical/sensitive debate. ur signature says u the king of talking trash, why would i argue with you if you're going to talk trash anyway??!! Besides, u can start by reading my "rants"
luckgames: Shollypopz:
Are the men from the conservative state of Tennessee (white) the same if compare to men from New York?
Lot of single mama is growing within Nigerian communities in the developed countries. There are big issues in the community.
Respect, Consideration and Fairness will go a long way to create balance between our culture and the developed countries
Keep pushing the envelope people
are you kidding me luckgames? i agree with you 100%, but don't blame Nigerian women for the lack of respect when we both know that our Nigerian men are not innocent. I mean it's not about who is more disrespectful- Nigerian men or Nigerian women?? For me, respect has a lot to do with the individual, you can't generalize.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
dude, this is a logical/sensitive debate. ur signature says u the king of talking trash, why would i argue with you if you're going to talk trash anyway??!!

This isn't about thrash talking, it's about putting you on the right path...

Why are you and your likes so disrespectful, when our mums were never like that?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 04, 2012
bittyend:

This isn't about thrash talking, it's about putting you on the right path...

Why are you and your likes so disrespectful, when our mums were never like that?

putting me on the right path??....dude, u got jokes! read my "rants" i said. i'm sure i've answered your question already
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
putting me on the right path??....dude, u got jokes! read my "rants" i said. i'm sure i've answered your question already

You didn't answer the question, all you did was talk about how you're a feminist.. blah blah blah. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2012
@Shollypopz

Off topic, what are your views about relationships, life, career, and the influence of Nigerian culture in the choices we make?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 04, 2012
bittyend:

.....I was actually going to take up for the women, and speak on their behalf.

That was untill my man right here hit shortii on top of the SKULL with that Knowledge Hammer.

bittyend: You're a whitewash woman a la coconut - and my post is about people like you... You don't know nothing about your own darn culture smh.

bittyend: You my dear, need to expand your horizon, read more - and stop believing all the falsehoods white people told you about the African culture. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

If it is indeed true that The African women are Judging African males by False images of mysogynism indoctrinated by european and western world whites and brainwashed into the Minds of the women...In order to tear the foundation of the African Woman and African Male apart...

Then he is right....

Of course, i would not know what is real and what is not because i do not live in Africa and see relationships through the eyes of the street level, Only through media.

Also it is worth noting, that since the beginning of time women have willingly "chose" to be the submissive ones

It is the laws of nature and their own Biochemistry..

I dislike misogynist and male chavinism

..But the females who have helped willingly create that culture amongst the entire world..are not without blame.

How many nairaland females do you constantly see writing "i want a strong man".."a leader"..."a rich powerful man"

Their own mentality is flawed as well...

Man and Woman should be equal in my eyes...

How many times do you see women say they want a man "taller" than them..?..

What is that all about?..subconsciously women have been programmed to play the submissive role and seek a "dominator"

A feminist mortal enemy is and will always be her own kind..The very people they are fighting for...Women
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
Despicable-VII:

If it is indeed true that The African women are Judging African males by False images of mysogynism indoctrinated by european and western world whites and brainwashed into the Minds of the women...In order to tear the foundation of the African Woman and African Male apart...

Then he is right....

Of course, i would not know what is real and what is not because i do not live in Africa and see relationships through the eyes of the street level, Only through media.

Also it is worth noting, that since the beginning of time women have willingly "chose" to be the submissive ones

..But the females who have helped willingly create that culture amongst the entire world..are not without blame.

How many nairaland females do you constantly see writing "i want a strong man".."a leader"..."a rich powerful man"

Their own mentality is flawed as well...

Man and Woman should be equal in my eyes...

How many times do you see women say they want a man "taller" than them..?..

What is that all about?..subconsciously women have been programmed to play the submissive role and seek a "dominator"

A feminist mortal enemy is and will always be her own kind..The very people they are fighting for...Women

You hit the nail on the head, brother..

Women are naturally attracted to men better than (or in a better space than they're), yet won't to carry the baggage that comes with a 'perfect' man.. Males are naturally dominant and arrogant creatures, especially when they think they're on top of the world..
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2012
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 04, 2012
Despicable-VII:

Here we go again, the white man! The white man is the cause of all the problems the black race face! Gimme a break! Dude i aint judging by no false image, inshut you don't have to go to Africa to see this bullshit. have you seen the males' contenance on Nairaland??
An African man once told me that as a woman the best degree i can ever have is a Mrs degree. If only what we thought in our minds happens for real, he would be dead by now; because i remember stabbing him more than once.
And the women bittyend mentioned above were not the norm, they were great because they broke barriers. Nefertiti for example, was famous not only because of her mysterious death but because she and her husband started monotheism. But guess what? during the existence of these two, you would see that her husband gave her the utmost respect by involving her in decision making. There was a time it was beleived that she was the one even ruling Armana. Why don't Nigerian men start respecting their women for change and and see the kind of loyalty and respect they would give in return.

Then he is right....
NO HE IS NOT!
Dude did you just say that with a straight face?? We chose!! !! Religion and culture chose for us dammit! The men were stronger; therfore they went to the farm and wars. While we were made to watch after the kids and sell the farm produce in the market. Now that occupation has evolved, it's time for our mentalities to change too.
You see, that's what men like to beleive. But guess what, the only significant difference really between a man and a woman is their testosterone level. Culture has a lot to do with it my brother. The same culture in Nigeria that allowed killing of twins, that allows women shave their heads because of the death of their husbands. Do you really want me to go on, cause i can!
me too! we at least agree on this one
The sad thing is that you're right. But you have to admitt that these women are product of the society they grew up in. They've been so brainwashed/molded to see things the way they do. At times, that is the truth they've always known and beleived in. So when someone tells them a different thing from their norm, they oppose it. I can't totally blame them because i guess it has a lot to do with pyschology. For instance, the black people in the US got their freedom let's say 1954, theoretically speaking. When they first got the freedom, do you know there were blacks that still chose to work as slaves for the whiteman?? The've always seen themselves as inferior to the whiteman that viewing themselves as equal seemed impossible. Slavery became their identity! Till today, look at the black community in the US and the slave mentality some of them still carry around. But should we say because of women like this we shouldn't fight for euality. Of course not! we fought for right to vote, we fought for equal right in the workplace. Our fight is not over until we get maximum equality! lol, how many times do i have to mention that i'm not a feminist. Jeez!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pregnancy Before Marriage: Share Your Views / Please Is This Guy Stingy Or Intelligent (pics) / Ladies: Before You Abort That Pregnancy.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.