Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Do You Know Agatha Christie? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Do You Know Agatha Christie? (2349 Views)

“tiny Sunbirds” By Christie Watson (winner Costa Award For New Novel) / Agatha Christie Fans! / What Do You Think Of Agatha Christie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Agatha Christie? by LarrySun(m): 11:07am On Apr 18, 2012
Agatha Christie, to me, has been the greatest mystery/crime fiction writer of all time. I just can't get enough of her surprising yarns and astonishing denouements. I have about fifty of her book (still finding ways to collect more, though).
Anyone who knows her should know her two greatest fictional detective; Hercule Poirot and Miss Jane Marple. If you're a die-hard mystery fan, these books of hers with never disappoint you.
And Then There Were None (Originally published Ten Little Indians)
A Holiday For Murder (Originally published Murder For Christmas)
Murder On The Links (My favourite)
Towards Zero
The Mysterious Affair At Styles (Her first book, the first time Hercule Poirot was featured)
Curtain (Hercule Poirot's last case, where he died)
The Patriotic Murder
Murder In The Air
Murder On The Orient Express
Taken At The Flood
Floating Admiral (Agatha Cristie, G.K. Chesterton, Dorothy L. Sayer-all came together to find solution to an almost unsolvable mystery)

I'm crazy about mystery fictions generally, some other books I enjoyed under the genre include:

Riddle Of The Third Mile (Colin Dexter)
Trent's Last Case (E.C Bentley)
The Man Who Was Poe (Avi)

You're free to share with us your best mystery novels.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by Caporegime(m): 8:55am On Apr 21, 2012
Bro bless you, if memory serves me rite there was either a series or a movie of hercule poirot, showing on tv in the early 90's. please are ur books in hard or soft copies cos i'd love to read as many as i can.
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by LarrySun(m): 4:22pm On May 13, 2012
I have them in hard copies. What's your favourite? I have a hardcover that features Poirot's first and last cases; classic stories.
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by blackweaver(m): 5:09pm On May 15, 2012
you didn't mention dead man's folly, mrs mcginty's dead, a pocket full of rhye, why didn't they ask evans (this was one that had neither poirot nor marple) ...
one thing i remember was that in most cases the criminal was someone i didn't suspect, although the mystery in why didn't the ask evans was in who "Evans" really was. I remember the beauty of murder on the orient express being not so much of who committed the murder but rather who had no hand in the murder
Haven't read the series in a long time though
I remember in those days only the bible and shakespeare were more in circulation than her books
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by LarrySun(m): 8:49pm On May 24, 2012
I have all those ones you listed, too.
Agatha Christie wrote over eighty books, listing everything would take a considerable time to do. I have about fifty of her books so far...but it seems her books are really getting out of circulation because I rarely get more than just two of her books in a year now...just like Hardley Chase's. I can still recall the non-poirot books I've read:
The Secrets of Chimneys(Very hilarious)
Sleeping Murder(Miss Marple's last case)
Death Comes as the End(Set in Egypt)
Come, Tell Me How You Live(An autobiography)

Surprisingly, I recently purchased The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd...the book is just too great.
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by chivaley(f): 1:25am On Jun 28, 2012
You forgot 'murder she wrote'. I think that's her best work ever with 'Murder on the orient express' coming a close second.
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by LarrySun(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2012
chivaley: You forgot 'murder she wrote'. I think that's her best work ever with 'Murder on the orient express' coming a close second.
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by LarrySun(m): 10:18am On Jun 28, 2012
chivaley: You forgot 'murder she wrote'. I think that's her best work ever with 'Murder on the orient express' coming a close second.

Have you read And Then There Were None and Murder On The Links? These two books are her all time classics.
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2012
I own every single novel written my Agatha Christie under the sun in soft copy. I also own about 40 paperbacks of her novels and still trying to my more. Finding her books in hardcopy is difficult! undecided
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by LarrySun(m): 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2012
vivacious vivi: I own every single novel written my Agatha Christie under the sun in soft copy. I also own about 40 paperbacks of her novels and still trying to my more. Finding her books in hardcopy is difficult! undecided

Wow! That's quite an impressive collection. I don't have any book in soft copy, but I have just about forty-five of her books in paperbacks...one hardcover featuring Poirot's first and last cases...The Mysterious Affairs At Styles and Curtains.
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by LarrySun(m): 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2012
vivacious vivi: I own every single novel written my Agatha Christie under the sun in soft copy. I also own about 40 paperbacks of her novels and still trying to my more. Finding her books in hardcopy is difficult! undecided

Do you have Murder On The Links? How much would you like to sell it?
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:56am On Jun 29, 2012
Larry-Sun: for sale ke?! not selling them. they are for my private library. wink I can send you the soft copy if you want. Cheers smiley
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by LarrySun(m): 11:58am On Jun 29, 2012
vivacious vivi: Larry-Sun: for sale ke?! not selling them. they are for my private library. wink I can send you the soft copy if you want. Cheers smiley

How would you do that? I'm so very crazy about the book.
Perhaps, I could print it out after getting it and put it in my library.
I bought the book for about six times but these people would not return after reading it.
Pls, I'd be very glad to own it again. Would you send it to my mailbox? Pleeeeaaaassseee!
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:09pm On Jun 29, 2012
Sure. will do. Most likely on Monday as all my Ebooks are kept in my external hard-drive. Send me ur email addy tho. Cheers
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by LarrySun(m): 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2012
vivacious vivi: Sure. will do. Most likely on Monday as all my Ebooks are kept in my external hard-drive. Send me ur email addy tho. Cheers

Oh! Thanks a bunch!
My mail address is larrysun4real@yahoo.com.
I'll be expecting it.
[If it isn't asking for too much, you may as well send Taken At The Flood or an alternate title 'There Is A Tide' if you've got it] I owe you!
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by Santi222(m): 3:16am On May 06, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
I own every single novel written my Agatha Christie under the sun in soft copy. I also own about 40 paperbacks of her novels and still trying to my more. Finding her books in hardcopy is difficult! undecided

I know this is an old thread, but I would appreciate any number of Agatha Christie books you can send me... I am an avid reader, but have not read her books... Its mostly been Chase, Cussler, S.Sheldon, W. Smith and many more. georgemarvel247 @gmail.com.
Thanks in advance. ...
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:22pm On May 06, 2016
Santi222:

I know this is an old thread, but I would appreciate any number of Agatha Christie books you can send me... I am an avid reader, but have not read her books... Its mostly been Chase, Cussler, S.Sheldon, W. Smith and many more. georgemarvel247 @gmail.com.
Thanks in advance. ...
Hello Santi,
The files are unfortunately too heavy to be sent by email except I send them in tranches which will be too cumbersome for me. Apologies pls. Just try downloading them. Are many sites you can do such including 4shared. Cheers
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by Santi222(m): 10:54am On May 13, 2016
OK Thanks
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by darkid1(m): 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2016
I have about 20 of her Ebooks, I honestly thought she was boring. Since Larry endorses, I must read... Big fan of your works Larry
Re: Do You Know Agatha Christie? by LarrySun(m): 11:45am On Jun 27, 2016
darkid1:
I have about 20 of her Ebooks, I honestly thought she was boring. Since Larry endorses, I must read... Big fan of your works Larry
Thank you, sir. Try reading her A Holiday for Murder/Murder for Christmas.

(1) (Reply)

Even Heaven Agreed / Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs [MUST SEE] / My Girlfriend’s Little Sister (A Short Romantic Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.