Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? (26396 Views)

Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. / Di Matteo: Refs Favour Man Utd / Why Must D Refs Help Man U Win Matches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
mufikings: Well said..these teams will never learn not to be physical when playing Barca...2009 before the foolish penalty claims...Anelka took a dive in the box area and Abidal was sent off..oh !! they said nothing a 10 man Barca team kept Chelsea inside their own half in their home ground (shameful), and yet they want to claim bias....what is the catch for the referee siding Barca, what is the gain ? what is the conspiracy ? who benefits ? ask yourselves...rubbish this Barca team has given soccer fans the best experience of football not seen in a long time, commend them, and pray your teams get better instead of complaining, 'like John Fashonu ones said ' it takes skill teamwork, focus and a little bit of luck for a great team to be what they are....
did you just ask the gains?what are the gains of the referees involved in juventus match fixing saga,i'm not saying barca does match fixing though
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
duality: when a child comes first in class people will say he was favored by the teacher.

fact is, baca is a very good team. others should wait for their own time. na turn by turn.

i'm not a baca fan. but to say they are winning just because of favoritism is just unfair.
not in my school,maybe yours,student's are credited on merit,that should also apply to footballers.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
dabrake:
guy, you refused to add motta's red card(barcelona vs inter milan semi finals @ camp nou), pepe's red cars(real madrid vs barcelona semi finals @ santiago bernabeu) and robin van persie's red card. BTW, it was 5 penalty appeals against chelsea and not four. It's on youtube. They are just bunch of rogues
HOw many person wan remember,they are just bunch of cheats jawe
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 18, 2012
oba009: What of it it happens are u going to crucify UEFA or BACA?

no i won't,but i'll never say UEFA competitions are better than naija league again,cos they both makes no sense#fact
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by babaowo: 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
the origin of soccer itself is ojoro "PDP"
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
cashmentor: Take away Messi, Baca is toothles! Bury Xavi and Iniesta, Messi is Lost and clueless! Hence, these three guys are the Untouchables of World Football! They're no cheats, just favoured! Even Sepp Blater loves them: why won't the refs- or u want them to lose their job? I just pity My Blues today!
you are a true black fan,a true football fan don't give up until the end,its even evident in european football fans who keeps supporting their club even when they are 3 goals down.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by norrisman: 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
Arsenal V Barcelona Champions League Final 2006

Referee sent off Lehmann even though Eto'o scored 1 second after the Lehmann's foul. Arsenal had to play 75 mins with 10 men. Why ruin a spectacle like the CL final with such a silly decision? Because it favoured UEFAlona.

The same situation came up at Wembley on Sunday and the referee sensibly allowed Gareth Bales's goal to stand and both teams had 11 men each left on the pitch.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigcycs: As much as I would love a clean win to barca 2nite ,still I have to say an obvious foul in d box or mean tackle must and will be called . I used 2 imagine success has many friends,beats me how a successful team as FCB has so many haters.just like when a young man makes good money..haters go.."Its his papa money"....na juju he do"...its yahoo yahoo" etc.
Chelsea just got a very controversial goal against tottenham,no complaints!!!.der r times when referee decisions seem 2 favour ManU in d EPL...o dats okay!,when FCB is the subject,.haters go "referee Dey favor them"
Fact is chelsea is a very good side,FCB is d best,if chelsea players get physical as they are akin 2 doing the ref would have 2 call it.same goes for barca players.
FCB will keep winning untill the last of their most unfair and biased critics get skooled..its game on 2nite let the better side win.
how consistent are these so called 'favours',barca own too much abeg,its everyday for them sad
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2012
norrisman: Arsenal V Barcelona Champions League Final 2006

Referee sent off Lehmann even though Eto'o scored 1 second after the Lehmann's foul. Arsenal had to play 75 mins with 10 men. Why ruin a spectacle like the CL final with such a silly decision? Because it favoured UEFAlona.

The same situation came up at Wembley on Sunday and the referee sensibly allowed Gareth Bales's goal to stand and both teams had 11 men each left on the pitch.
what about van persie sending off just because he played the ball after the referee blew offside,pathetic UEFAlona
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2012
sholatech: The only reason I do not believe Barca are favored by referees is simply because there are also LOADs of referee decisions against them that affected them:wrong penalties against them, many goals ruled as offsides. It is just a propaganda started by Murinho(who doesn't believe anyone wins him without referee assistance)!
In Spanish Liga, this year we saw messi and sanchez goals against osasuna and getafe ruled as offside. This year we saw messi getting 5 yellow cards, even when they were trailing Real Madrid. In the said Chelsea match of 2009, Anelka dived and Barca given Red Card. Thierry Henry was pulled down with two hands in the box and same referee did not give Barca a penalty kick.
Is it Man United or Chelsea that have not overwhelmingly benefitted from referee decisions? In recent weeks, we have seen clear red cards against Real Madrid not awarded, even penalties against them not awarded. But because its not against Jose Murinho, you won't hear such noise.
Ashley Young's Dive still fresh on our minds, Di Maria of Real Madrid is king of diving, Chelsea's goal against Tottenham still attracting goal-line technology; Barca got knocked out by an offside goal scored by Milito. Jose Murinho's Porto had Deco bring down a player that should have been a clear red card not given. So which club has not benefitted from wrong referee decision?
It is just cheap excuses and an orchestrated champaign championed and spread by Jose Murinho who's bitter Barca did not engage me.

I agree referees make mistakes, but it is to all CLUBs, not just Barca. Let's stop insulting Uefa, Fifa, Spanish FA or English FA. They are not fools; these guys run institutions over the years. And if it is money needed to influence referees, then Chelsea, Man United, real madrid, Man City, Malaga etc will be winning all the titles!
di maria must have learnt the diving trade from barca players,he's just a child in diving compared to his 'grand pas' in barca
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2012
by bigcycs: 42 minutes & 14 secondsAs much as I would love a clean win to barca 2nite ,still I have to say an obvious foul in d box or mean tackle must and will be called . I used 2 imagine success has many friends,beats me how a successful team as FCB has so many haters.just like when a young man makes good money..haters go.."Its his papa money"....na juju he do"...its yahoo yahoo" etc.Chelsea just got a very controversial goal against tottenham,no complaints!!!.der r times when referee decisions seem 2 favour ManU in d EPL...o dats okay!,when FCB is the subject,.haters go "referee Dey favor them"Fact is chelsea is a very good side,FCB is d best,if chelsea players get physical as they are akin 2 doing the ref would have 2 call it.same goes for barca players.FCB will keep winning untill the last of their most unfair and biased critics get skooled..its game on 2nite let the better side win.
-------------
Very mature comment and the perceived problems were dealt with spot on.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by doublecross(m): 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2012
I am a Barca Fan for life and that wount change. I have never been sentimental in football in this life. If a team is Good, I admit it is. The truth about the ref favouring baca issue is just not true. The truth is clear to see. Barca is the best club in the whole wide world which all other teams know. Whenever they clash with barca, what they do is put all thier strenght to make sure barca is disturbed. Jose Mourinho is very good at that. They will play physical football to the fullest instead of playing football the way it ought to be played. It is clear that when you are prone to playing physicall football, you are 100% liable to commit a foul. I dont know why the stupid Realmadrid and chelsea fans complain when they commit a foul in the 18 yard box and a penalty is awarded. The case of van persie Given a red card is also clear. The refree blew the whistle and he still went ahead to kick the ball. I wonder if he is deaf and he claims to be a professional. Please all you beefers better leave BARCELONA alone. Its the best club and will forever be.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Reference(m): 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2012
mukina2: yes Yes Yessssssssssss grin

uefalona

they have the best divers in the footballing world too.

[img]http://api.plixi.com/api/tpapi.svc/imagefromurl?size=medium&url=http%3A%2F%2Flockerz.com%2Fs%2F199922337[/img]

Ha, ha, ha, Mukina you're a case oh. But really with every passing match they fuel the fire of controversy but to cut them some slack, their system works for them and so they use it. It is their plan B when you don't water the pitch or cut the grass short. When under pressure their fair play integrity simply falls apart.

I mean look at their quarter-final against Milan and the penalty for shirt pulling, scandalous. I have watched over a dozen matches since then in all major leagues and haven't seen such a thing even though corner after corner is all pull and push.

Laws are only respected if they are administered equitably and if Barca has a few laws working exclusively for them then respect for them begins to wane and though they may have a few victims in Chelsea, Real, Arsenal, Milan and a few Spanish clubs now, the more clubs that get exposed to this affliction the more the backlash.

Barca is the best club in the world by miles, they have the best team, best player and arguably the best coach, they don't need the best refereeing decisions to win matches because in football you can't always win. That is the principle behind the fair play campaign.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by olapluto(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
There is one fact that cannot change. Watch ALL matches where Barca is struggling. Come back to tell me if the opposition team finished with 10 men. The game against Arsenal was the worst! I cant forget that painful match. Same thing with Real Madrid vs Barca.
Whether it is a game plan to con the ref or the refs just do it for Barca, one sure thing is that it exists!
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2012
doublecross: I am a Barca Fan for life and that wount change. I have never been sentimental in football in this life. If a team is Good, I admit it is. The truth about the ref favouring baca issue is just not true. The truth is clear to see. Barca is the best club in the whole wide world which all other teams know. Whenever they clash with barca, what they do is put all thier strenght to make sure barca is disturbed. Jose Mourinho is very good at that. They will play physical football to the fullest instead of playing football the way it ought to be played. It is clear that when you are prone to playing physicall football, you are 100% liable to commit a foul. I dont know why the stupid Realmadrid and chelsea fans complain when they commit a foul in the 18 yard box and a penalty is awarded. The case of van persie Given a red card is also clear. The refree blew the whistle and he still went ahead to kick the ball. I wonder if he is deaf and he claims to be a professional. Please all you beefers better leave BARCELONA alone. Its the best club and will forever be.
truly you've never been sentimental,do u think van persie was playing at liberty stadium,he could not have heard,the stadium was full and everyone was shouting,will you be saying this if it was pedro that was sent off,oops,i forgot you are not sentimental.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by sicily4u: 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
I can see that there are many barca haters here just like many haters of Man U, but let me tell u guys one thing, if u don't like it that way, YOU GO AND DIE, the land needed some manure ok
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by MrTA(m): 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2012
So all you conspiracy theorists, What happened in the 2010 semi final Barca at home to Inter. Barca score a legit goal that was ruled out against Jose's Inter. Inter go through to the final and win the CL that year. If that goal stood barca would be in the final with a chance to be the first team to defend the CL. Any takers for why the ref didnt favour them then? I'll wait.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by kalufelix(m): 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
When u hv so much haterz u knw u re simply d best. Am nat a barca fan buh at a time u got 2 apprecia8 wats good. Barcelona is simply d best at d moment..damn! I feel dos guys
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by sylve11: 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
I really want Chelsea (dry gin) to win, but wait o, favor? cool
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Reference(m): 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
doublecross: I am a Barca Fan for life and that wount change. I have never been sentimental in football in this life. If a team is Good, I admit it is. The truth about the ref favouring baca issue is just not true. The truth is clear to see. Barca is the best club in the whole wide world which all other teams know. Whenever they clash with barca, what they do is put all thier strenght to make sure barca is disturbed. Jose Mourinho is very good at that. They will play physical football to the fullest instead of playing football the way it ought to be played. It is clear that when you are prone to playing physicall football, you are 100% liable to commit a foul. I dont know why the stupid Realmadrid and chelsea fans complain when they commit a foul in the 18 yard box and a penalty is awarded. The case of van persie Given a red card is also clear. The refree blew the whistle and he still went ahead to kick the ball. I wonder if he is deaf and he claims to be a professional. Please all you beefers better leave BARCELONA alone. Its the best club and will forever be.

You're a fan so how can you see these things. Fans don't see things wrong against their clubs as a loving wife sees nothing wrong about her husband. If you really want to enjoy football retire from fanhood.

When people are increasingly complaining about certain things the game is becoming poisoned. Suddenly the ref and his decisions become the focus of attention. This is bad.

The spanish league is becoming a refrees weekly show. Just look at Howard Webb yesterday. Greatly criticised in England but had an outstanding match not buying into the antics of Ribery and the grass loving Angel de Maria. If it involved Barca they will con the ref to hand a few reds out.

The commentator saying about Howard Webb, that the Spanish were not happy particularly Andres Iniesta that a red wasn't awarded in the WC final. Now why should any player think like this.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by tshoboy(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2012
fcbfans.net/2012/04/07/barcelona-and-referees-the-myth-unveiled/
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2012
sicily4u: I can see that there are many barca haters here just like many haters of Man U, but let me tell u guys one thing, if u don't like it that way, YOU GO AND DIE, the land needed some manure ok
you can do better,don't you have manners,if you've got nothing to say,just sleep and you'll fare and think better when you are awake angry
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Shefyl(m): 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2012
timbros: 2000 Quarter final
Chelsea 3-1 Barcelona
Barcelona 5-1 Chelsea (aet) (Babayaro red
card)
2005 Round of 16
Barcelona 2-1 Chelsea (Drogba red card)
Chelsea 4-2 Barcelona
2006 Round of 16
Chelsea 1-2 Barcelona (Del Horno red card)
Barcelona 1-1 Chelsea
2007 Group Stage
Chelsea 1-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea
2009 Semi Finals
Barcelona 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona
10 UEFA Champions league meetings: 3 wins
apiece and 4 draws. . .
Notice that all Barcelona victories has
red cards attached to it, thus the name. . .Uefalona!
good analysis, but still i dont think chelsea can beat barca with there congested fixtures
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by iykay4455(m): 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2012
Absolutely yes
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by sicily4u: 5:19pm On Apr 18, 2012
I don't have manners for haters
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Afam4eva(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2012
Match has not started and you guys have already started crying. Wait for the match to be played first before looking for whom or what to blame it on. Barca for life.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by dadicvila(m): 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2012
semoskillz: UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2006
BARCELONA VS AC MILAN
Andriy Shevchenko GOAL was disqualified for no reason
my brother till next 2mrw i am still trying to understand why that goal was disallowed,that simple header,kai Barca wan make me hate them O!
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by daviesmania(m): 5:25pm On Apr 18, 2012
Stu.pid question, perhaps u've not been watchin Barca games. Example; Barca v Real...... BARCA v Chelsea....... BARCA v Ac milan ........ BARCA v Man u....... barca v Atletico etc. 4uck Barca.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by 2rutalk1: 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2012
This is Jealousy! Why do people hate any body that does well in life, be it academics, football, riches and what have you? I have realized that once you are good in life everybody will hate you. Little wonder many people do not make progress in life. I am not a Barca fan, but can we admit that those guys are good. Any time Barca win a match everybody will shout "Ojoro", that is absolutely wrong.
They have not started the match and everybody is raising accusing fingers let alone when the match will kick off.
Last Sunday, during Chelsea-Tottenham match, the referee awarded a goal to chelsea if when the ball never crossed the goal post but nobody said anything about it. If it were Barca that would have been the talk of the town. In school if you are brilliant even without answering questions in class people will say you are doing "shakara". It is wrong.
I reiterate, I am not a Barca fan but lets appreciate good people so that we can as well obtain favour from God.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
2ru-talk:
This is Jealousy! Why do people hate any body that does well in life, be it academics, football, riches and what have you? I have realized that once you are good in life everybody will hate you. Little wonder many people do not make progress in life. I am not a Barca fan, but can we admit that those guys are good. Any time Barca win a match everybody will shout "Ojoro", that is absolutely wrong.
They have not started the match and everybody is raising accusing fingers let alone when the match will kick off.
Last Sunday, during Chelsea-Tottenham match, the referee awarded a goal to chelsea if when the ball never crossed the goal post but nobody said anything about it. If it were Barca that would have been the talk of the town. In school if you are brilliant even without answering questions in class people will say you are doing "shakara". It is wrong.
I reiterate, I am not a Barca fan but lets appreciate good people so that we can as well obtain favour from God.
DID YOU SEE THIS ILLUSTRATION AT ALL IN THE TOPIC"A GENIUS eNGAGING IN EXAM MALPRACTICES"who says there are not controversy in other club matches,pls stop acting holier than thou.tell me a club that is more surrounded by controversies as barcelona.I'm waiting
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by VUVUZELA10: 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
Yes, they are unreasonably favoured. The players intimidate referees and yet UEFA look the other side. I strongly believe this can not continue forever. What goes up must come down.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by 2rutalk1: 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2012
DID YOU SEE THIS ILLUSTRATION AT ALL IN THE TOPIC"A GENIUS eNGAGING IN EXAM MALPRACTICES"who says there are not controversy in other club matches,pls stop acting holier than thou.tell me a club that is more surrounded by controversies as barcelona.I'm waiting

I know you are a Chelsea fan so no need to engage you in an argument because some of your colleagues in Lagos have started abusing the referee even when the match has not started.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (3 - 2) On 26th December 2023 / Lille Vs Chelsea : UCL (1 - 2) On 2nd October 2019 / West Brom Vs Arsenal (0 - 4) On 2nd January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.