Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,518 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria (40177 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / How Roads Are Named; The Difference Between An Ave, St, Ln, Dr, Way, Blvd Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2012
1.Abuja.
2.Uyo.
3.Calabar.-Very very neat and well maintained roads.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
Abuja. Kaduna. Calabar.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2012
Anyone who's ever been to Abuja 'll know dat it beats every other city hands down. I hear its even called the second london (cf wikipedia). The place is a joy to behold. Calabar too has some very good roads but is not as clean as abj
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2012
Owerri
Enugu
ABUja
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
27naira: I heard its ABA

With lots of fly-overs, tunnels and underpass. Saw it on youtube. grin

I even heard the Governor is setting up a Metro. Ochendo is fly! grin grin

OMOH abi u weed? which of the Aba's u dey talk or is there 2 different aba's i mistakenly happen to be in aba nw. mehn rain fall and am stock up inside my hotel room am too afraid to go out cause the level of water on the roads can carry someone as big as me. T A orji is a thorn in the flesh. omoh people dey suffer for aba no be small
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Maxymilliano(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2012
Abuja
Uyo
Calabar.

Some northern cities enjoyed good roads as well courtesy of PTF.

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by johnwell(m): 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2012
Akwa Ibom ado okay
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Akpan107(m): 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2012
chidike: LWKMD! Abeg! Abeg!! If na play stop am. i graduated from UNIZIK and the roads in Anambra are fair at best, that ia excluding onitsha enugu express o, which is a federal road. But if you add that one? Anambra roads are bad! The best roads in Nigeria are in (i've visited these states so i kno wat i'm talking about) Abuja, Enugu, Uyo, Kaduna!
Akwa-Ibom (Uyo) is No.1 before Abuja... I live close to Presidential Villa, so i know what am saying..,
Joking grin
chidike: LWKMD! Abeg! Abeg!! If na play stop am. i graduated from UNIZIK and the roads in Anambra are fair at best, that ia excluding onitsha enugu express o, which is a federal road. But if you add that one? Anambra roads are bad! The best roads in Nigeria are in (i've visited these states so i kno wat i'm talking about) Abuja, Enugu, Uyo, Kaduna!
Akwa-Ibom (Uyo) is No.1 before Abuja... I live close to Presidential Villa, so i know what am saying..,
Joking
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by damilola15: 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2012
Jawn: It is Lagos Ibadan expressway
The last time I used that road, I said prayers till we got to IB rather than the usual 15 sec prayer before take off. The driver didn't make it any easier, he sped like crazy.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by barikay: 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2012
@op, i knw u are looking 4 trouble. Who go say hin mama soup no sweet.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Lordsocrates: 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2012
D roads built in uyo r all clasics, wat we call state of d art. Just go and c 4 urself.

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by iiiyyyk(m): 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2012
this is just why africa is not growing. making analogies without any data. how can you compare among cities you ve never seen.

what are your parameters of comparison? people have not been to a city, yet they know the roads are bad

Does it mean our education in africa is a waste? our sense of judgement is too backward, always beclouded by one hopeless sentiment or the other.

bull shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by funshint(m): 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2012
Has any1 bin to AKURE recently? Dat place is da bomb!!
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by phantom(m): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2012
abuja
uyo
enugu
calabar

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2012
We are talking about cities here but if ask of towns outside any state capital, I will give it to Ikot Ekpene , the whole town not a single pothole , and with covered drainage all
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Kusbaby(f): 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2012
smoothlips: I think is abuja
the rest ur on your own.....
maybe ABA
i feel is Abuja followed by uyo,period.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Kusbaby(f): 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
Abuja , uyo then others.

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by kinsab(f): 9:42pm On Apr 19, 2012
UYO
ABUJA
CALABAR
dn't knw of other states.

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Trulie(m): 9:46pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ma felo nairalanders mak i no lie..deceptns asyd, d best rd so far in d whol of d country is d one built by d colonial master-3rd mainland brigd...am yet2 c a formidabu rd(s) built by any past n presnt adminstratn dat can bit dt.chekina!!
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nextworldnx(m): 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2012
only two states with what i call roads in Nigeria
Abuja
Katsina

the rest na wash!! Gosh, Guys go to katsina and see road network!! cool cool

Yar' adua try sha

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by ZUBY77(m): 10:11pm On Apr 19, 2012
Having been to many cities in NIgeria, i would say
Abuja - wide roads and newly constructed too...
Enugu - smooth marked and british planned roads that circled the city from everywhere. Beautiful as Potsdam City in East Germany.
Calabar and Uyo in the distant third and fourth.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ilorin and Sokoto have good road networks.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Pain(m): 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2012
On regional terms, I think the North has the best roads. They are paved with blood and bones of martyrs.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 10:41pm On Apr 19, 2012
denitro: LAGOS - OSHODI EXPRESS ROAD, APAPA EXPRESS, YABA grin
Big lie,the only road in Lagos is the Lekki concession road which is also the only standard road in the whole nation.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by razznaija(f): 10:44pm On Apr 19, 2012
Abuja, Uyo and Calabar
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 10:46pm On Apr 19, 2012
gboss4sure:

OMOH abi u weed? which of the Aba's u dey talk or is there 2 different aba's i mistakenly happen to be in aba nw. mehn rain fall and am stock up inside my hotel room am too afraid to go out cause the level of water on the roads can carry someone as big as me. T A orji is a thorn in the flesh. omoh people dey suffer for aba no be small
Oh poor you,make sure you have a floating jacket before stepping out of your hotel room oooo!
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 10:54pm On Apr 19, 2012
Jawn: It is Lagos Ibadan expressway
Don't even go there,that road is a death trap oooo!
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Tropilo(m): 11:00pm On Apr 19, 2012
I'll vote Katsina as number one cos the state is poor and yet they hv well tarred and networked roads. Besides its not just the state capital but the entire state. The late President really did good there.
Can not vote FCT cos of federal might and they hv very deep pockets (not much difference between Abuja and Pretoria though).
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by stpat1(m): 12:22am On Apr 20, 2012
It is definitely in this category
Abuja
Akwa Ibom
Lagos
Calabar
Edo

these are the ones i can confirm for now.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by msb247(m): 1:23am On Apr 20, 2012
1. ABUJA
2. CALABAR
3. BAUCHI
4. UYO
5. KADUNA
6. GOMBE
7. KATSINA
8. LAGOS
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 20, 2012
Abuja, Enugu
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by HighChief4(m): 2:33am On Apr 20, 2012
Abuja
Enugu
Calabar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Car Kills 4 Children In Benin, Residents Set It On Fire (Photos) / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! / Driver Sleeping Under A Lorry Crushed In Abakaliki (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.