Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria (40196 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / How Roads Are Named; The Difference Between An Ave, St, Ln, Dr, Way, Blvd Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Freksy(m): 3:33am On Apr 20, 2012
Abuja
Uyo
Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom State
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 20, 2012
Tru_lie: Ma felo nairalanders mak i no lie..deceptns asyd, d best rd so far in d whol of d country is d one built by d colonial master-3rd mainland brigd...am yet2 c a formidabu rd(s) built by any past n presnt adminstratn dat can bit dt.chekina!!

Colonial masters built 3rd mainland bridge? Olodo. IBB did.

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Eltonluigi(m): 6:47am On Apr 20, 2012
Wow, we all forget Delta state has the most paved/tarred roads in the country. There is virtually paved and good roads in every town in the state connecting streets like dot com. Villages in Delta will even go head-to-head with some cities in the country in terms of paved/good roads hands down.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Emperor5c(m): 7:18am On Apr 20, 2012
Aba
Onitsha
Enugu-port harcourt xpress road(xpecially abia part)
Even d U.S ‘emsef re so envious of dis roads ;
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by donbafs(m): 7:36am On Apr 20, 2012
Abuja
Sokoto
Uyo
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by deshclones(m): 7:48am On Apr 20, 2012
Jarus:

why you dey reply the guy...you would have left him to revel in his foolery.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by henrychubayo: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2012
Nigerian roads are rubbish. But i thank democrazy cause they are trying now. I have been to about 8 states in 9ja. Lagos is the worst and abuja is the best i have seen but not to be compared with cities like johannesburg etc. I made a short trip to mozambique from south africa of a journey of about 6-7 hours and i never saw a single pot hole in the road. I was determined to have a reason to equate the road with the one we have in 9ja but i couldn't. I can bet anything with anyone who wants to prove me false that if he sees a single pot hole in the road let him win. This is outside town. In the main town here, individual can sue the agency handling road maintenance and they will pay a heavy fine, so for that very reason, no pot hole can last 2 days. But this guys can make suprises. Just few day ago, the place we are staying here got it road retiled not because it has pot holes or spoilt but they felt they road is old. Contractor here are paid when they finish their work and inspection prove it worth it so basically, they do excellent work and it can't be rejected. Operation 9ja must change
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 20, 2012
Aba then the Road Along the Bakassi Pennisula grin grin grin
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Odaveboy(m): 8:34am On Apr 20, 2012
Definately...........uyo rock.........4rm ikot ekpene road,oron road,udo udoma,uwaniba,ewet......e.t.c.....thou am a yoruba guy but lets be real here.........UYO....I WUD SURELY BE BACK
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 8:36am On Apr 20, 2012
Odaveboy: Definately...........uyo rock.........4rm ikot ekpene road,oron road,udo udoma,uwaniba,ewet......e.t.c.....thou am a yoruba guy but lets be real here.........UYO....I WUD SURELY BE BACK
What has this got to do with you being a Yoruba guy. Just say what you want to say and leave. Why must Nigerians always sound tribalistic.

1 Like

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by justsmile(f): 9:12am On Apr 20, 2012
iiiyyyk:
this is just why africa is not growing. making analogies without any data. how can you compare among cities you ve never seen.

what are your parameters of comparison? people have not been to a city, yet they know the roads are bad

Does it mean our education in africa is a waste? our sense of judgement is too backward, always beclouded by one hopeless sentiment or the other.

bull shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

oh plzzzzzzzz.... save yourself the headache! who told you some of us haven't been to them cities!!! in fact, you don't even need to be there to know the state of the roads! just drop your opinion and free yourself!!! grin
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by ypzilanti: 9:28am On Apr 20, 2012
Uyo, Calabar, Abuja, Enugu
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 20, 2012
Jarus:

grin grin grin No mind am the guy na real OLODO Repete.....Def am not his felo NLer
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 20, 2012
Just Go to SA then you will know there are no Good roads in Nigeria, maybe ABUJA is close.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by usanieja(m): 9:47am On Apr 20, 2012
Calabar, this is one city in modern day Nigeria that started building roads with good drainages and pavements, apart from Abuja, i believe all other Governors emulated this from Donald Duke particularly most southern Governor
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by spicyhoney(f): 10:09am On Apr 20, 2012
Abuja and some Northern States
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by realistic1(m): 10:23am On Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, but what is your criteria for judging the best roads in Nigeria? Permits me to say that at the moment there isn't not one road in 9ja that is standard for the human race, take for instance of a major road in Nigeria,
Has no safety precaution,
No demarcations
No roads barriers
No Zebra crossing
Speeds limits indications
No rapids response units on major or minor roads
Signs and danger warning
etc. but to mention a few for that reasons I would say that what we've been giving isn't enough to be called road network in Nigeria, if not we will call our freedom fighter Fela a liar for saying that no road, no food, no education, no government, no nothing in 9ja, only wahala, problems,
patriot or death.............
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 20, 2012
gst101: na lie the best of all roads in the country are found in the northand otukpo in particular
^^^^
Are you for real? shocked shocked
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by nusirat(m): 10:35am On Apr 20, 2012
Niger, Bauchi and Cross River
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Skii(m): 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2012
I had to go look for my old phone to get these pictures

This is in JIGAWA, between Dutse and Gumel, I was so fascinated with the quality of the road, the scenery, I just had to take pictures, goodness, I even saw a herd of camels!!

Imagine long stretch of road like this for almost 2 hours?

When I get one of my new cars, I will bring them here to "break-in" the engine wink

Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2012
Abuja
benin
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2012
Without mincing words, I think It is Uyo
But Abuja's roads are the best but its Federal all through.

I will still give it to Uyo 'til further notice.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 12:39pm On Apr 20, 2012
usanieja: Calabar, this is one city in modern day Nigeria that started building roads with good drainages and pavements, apart from Abuja, i believe all other Governors emulated this from Donald Duke particularly most southern Governor
That was then, but this is now. Roads in Calabar are depreciating fast and nobody I repeat, NOBODY is doing anything about them.

I have been traveling round the Country (except for the North: West & East) for the better part of the later part of last year and have seen many good roads spring up in certain cities while some roads are depreciating and left unattended to in some cities.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Ess: 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2012
ABUJA has the best in the whole of Nigeria.
NORTHERN states carry the next best...
Me think SS (despite their huge allocation and 13% derivation) and SE has the worst roads esp Aba with just a single dead-road , you wouldn't want to be on it during rainy season!
Been to many states in Nigeria.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 12:54pm On Apr 20, 2012
All commercial cities in Nigeria eg Lagos, Aba, Onitsha, Port-hacourt have bad roads.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Gertynk: 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
Honestly its Awka just come see. The governor is the best for a very small town. Nonsense
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Odaveboy(m): 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2012
afam4eva:
What has this got to do with you being a Yoruba guy. Just say what you want to say and leave. Why must Nigerians always sound tribalistic.
..............y d hate man.?....can't i appreciate?....temi yemi oo ogbeni.....my state wasnt like dat.......BE WARNED
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by blackbeau1(f): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2012
i'd say akwa Ibom and abuja
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by BabaTony: 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2012
The cities with best roads

1. Abuja
2. Uyo
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Almaiga: 4:35pm On Apr 20, 2012
Abj
kaduna
sokoto
calabar
bauchi
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by Slizbeat(m): 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2012
Criously wen u talk of roads, kano shud b best apart 4rm abuja cos roads r meant to b built where they av impt rather dan where they dnt lyk in akwa-ibom. Dat also applies to anambra, imo, jigawa nd kaduna, they ol built roads where they av impt xcept dat anambra neva did d mst impt road wich z 4rm onitsha to awka.
As 4 lagos, they r tryin bt nids more effort rather than concerntrating on lagos island alone.
Re: Cities With The Best Roads In Nigeria by BabaTony: 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2012
@ slitzbeat
To say roads buit in AKS are built were there are not needed tells me that u don't understand the state at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Young Female Barrister Killed In The Kogi Fatal Accident. Photos / Photos Of Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.