Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Issues In My Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Issues In My Marriage (24918 Views)

Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / I Am Very Unhappy In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Issues In My Marriage by Yemotiroro: 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2012
@OP: How old is ur marriage? It appears to me you are both experiencing the teething problems of marriage.
I have a feeling you are more educated than those Inlaws of yours. What you are experiencing may be a silent war of egos.
Envy may be underneath all of this. Be wise and play along. If your reaction meets their expectation that means they have the password to program you.
But if u overlook so much and smile when they push u to fight, then u have become a superior warrior.
Pray for wisdom and victory against diabolical manipulation. And to win ur hubby back, 'act' in love towards them all. A little drama is needed in times like this. They'll soon get tried.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by Dahmum(f): 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2012
drnoel:

I agree with u totally. This lady the OP must have been a very stubborn lady as a single girl and does not know that d[b]oes not work in marriage[/b]. OP u made a very grave mistake.
Number 1 rule, ladies pls listen, never directly accuse ur husbands sister(s) of thievery (whether she stole or not). Pls incase u are asking where thievery came in this thread, once u say she went 2 take food without asking u and they would take all the meat. U have accuse her of stealing (that is how husband's sister will see it). Once she reports u 2 all the other sisters, u are in deep soup cos ur husband can't protect u again. U have taken the matter out of his hands. Ur hubby tried 2 be neutral in this issue but u didn't allow him. U felt it was ur house and so u can do and undo right, well u where wrong. There is something they call Umu ada in my place. They are the toughest group of women in the family. Once a wife of the brothers get in2 their matter, they would deal with the wife.
Number 2 rule, ur husband is ur ally. No matter how bad a situation looks ur husband will always be ur ally. Cos its his family and only he can press them 2 allow u or leave u alone or ask them what should be done 2 let bygones be bygones.
Number 3 rule, never bring ur own family in2 the issue. Once u do that, u have just escalated the issue beyond proportion. Ur family is only allowed 2 come in, if and once ur hubby has tried and his family and sisters insist on dealing with u and actually start doing so.

i sooooo much love ur advice 4 her, unlike some idiot ''wounded lion'' wey dr own don spoil n dey need more ppl to join dem.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2012
I said it always WHY IS IT WOMEN THAT ARE ALWAYS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH INLAWS AND NOT MEN?

OP you have a problem with intolerance and thats how a small cut has turned into a huge wound and if you are not careful it would turn to a cancer

Your SIL went to take food from the pot is now a reason to fight her?

The fact is that your husband has noticed your horrible attitude towards his family and it got to a limit with the food issue. If you used a lil discretion you should have known that an Inlaw living with you is a delicate issue that needs to be won on your side. hardly do you fight inlaws and win especially in Africa.

Now from small food issue it has degenerated. What a little tolerance and patience(Suru) would have done easily.

Even if the husband wanted to defend you, Your pettiness has turned the tide against you and now you are almost at the risk of losing the marriage and your home.

Everyone would come here and blame your husband for this and that but have you taken some time to look at your own attitude?

The violence part is where I draw the line though and thats where i blame your husband and you need an explanation regarding this act of violence

Like some have advised you, the ball is left in your court, if you don't mind the marriage shattering, Pick a fight with your inlaws, That is a fight you would never win though.

1 Like

Re: Issues In My Marriage by kaboninc(m): 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
@OP Honestly I think if you follow some of these ideas proffered here, it'll take farther away from your home. Also most of these advisors either are not married or don't have any experience. If in your husband's house the kids are free to eat as they like, then this is your own house. A mum and wife in your own house and they must follow your rules. I don't see why someone will come to one's house just because their husband is their brother and they'll act like its their father's house. Where's the respect? And then your husband supports them? Please seek advice from elders not these people here!
Re: Issues In My Marriage by biddiebest: 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ Debby999, just came across dis thread, av u noticed traces of this kind of xter in ur hubby before now or everything is totally new, if it's d later, he might be under some kind of influence, i will advise u take things cool and be very prayerful (nothing is impssible with God) but if he has always treated u with disdain, u need to brace up, thank God u av a source of income, seat him down when he is in his best mood and speak some sense into but quietly and with respect, if he turns d whole thing to fight, keep ur cool and leave him alone, he will later come to u if he's in his right senses, if d whole thing becomes unbearable, please walk away and be alive for ur child, no one can take care of him like u, i tell u no one...
Re: Issues In My Marriage by eyenCalabar(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2012
jennykadry:

You are an eediot. May me and my "cabals" continue to give you stoopid people night mares. Tell me now, who here has even mentioned divorce except you? who here has told the OP to leave her husband? you are a certified slowpoke f00l. Just because I told her not to apologise you have already concluded like those daft colleagues of yours that we want her to get a divorce. This is why you could not pass simple WAEC AND JAMB in Nigeria, because they ask a question and you answered something completely different from what was asked. Born f00l

I thought you were just a f00l but you have proved me wrong, you are worst than an imbec1le

Don't even mention my kids here if you don't want sickness to visit you and your smelly nyash in your bed tomorrow morning angry bast@rd

Shameless woman married to an azzhole. May both of you continue to live a frustrated and dumb life till thy kingdom come. ANu ofia. Devil fart on your empty brain. fcking ashew0 two kobo.

Let me go and drink my VitaMalt first. ODE

Na wao!!! The first time seeing a mad person that knows how to use computer. God have mercycrycrycry

1 Like

Re: Issues In My Marriage by Outstrip(f): 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2012
Sigh. I don tire. There is never any excuse to manhandle your wife especially when she is nursing a child. He is not a man. If he was a man his sisters will not have the liver to call the house and chastise his wife. Your husband does not realize that he has screwed up majorly. All you need is to give trouble makers an inch and you are finished. In my opinion do not apologize. Absolutely not. If you apologize you are just giving him the go ahead to continue that bahavior. Physical agression only progresses over time. This is nothing compared to other trying issues that can happen in a marriage. What will he do then? Come at you with a matchete? Nip this in the bud. I don't like the idea of you moving to your parents home. It gives the impression that that is his house not yours. I would defintiely move to another bedroom though and continue with life. Ignore him until he decides to be a man and apologize. You guys have to set the rules together for you home. I personally do not care if someone who lives with me dishes their own food but I know with the culture thing it is almost a taboo for someone to go dish food from another womans cooking pot. Pele my dear. take it easy. Focus on the baby before you run mad.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by armyofone(m): 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2012
There is always a way to solve a problem. It is so sad that your husband resorted to violence. the day any son of Adam pinches me, that day he will be sleeping in jail. na better man with head for him shoulder person dey pray for iseeee tongue
If i visit someone's home, without their permission, i don't touch anything. i visit family members, i don't do anyhow. enter their kitchen, i ask. touch their food etc, i ask. God! why are many nigerian soooooooooooooooooooooooo stone aged with culture?

he has to apologize to you.

@ Davidylan nwan mama, bless you.
your lady findest a real man wink may the woman in the book of proverb be your portion, iseee grin
Re: Issues In My Marriage by knowledge4(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2012
If this story is true then this husband is not a man.
A husband who cannot protect his wife is a weakling.
A sister-in-law has no right to be taking soup from the wife's pot without the wife's permission.
It is the husband's duty to create and enforce boundaries that protect the privacy of the marriage,especially the wife's privacy.
How can a husband be beating his wife for his sister? A husband who beats his wife in order to create an impression before his sisters is a weakling of a man,not fit to be a husband.
A husband who comes charging at his wife because of his sisters'report,without verification, is a baby.
A husband who places his relations above his wife does not understand the leaving and cleaving of Genesis 2:24.

Poster
Since your husband is like that, unable to protect you,i suggest you be calm because you may lose out eventually and become a divorcee.
You cannot resist your inlaws without your husband's support.If you continue to do that you can easily be thrown out and even your parents will blame you.African wives are largely seen as the extended family's general servant and many african husbands want to be in the good books of their relations,therefore prefer to oppress their wives so long as it pleases their relations.

Though its very wrong that your sister-in-laws access your stew pot without your permit,allow them.If the stew finishes in one day,its their brother's money that will prepare another not yours.If that is the way your husband wants his home to operate,allow him.The girls could be acting for their mother,taking direction from her to confront you.it happens a lot in many homes.Allow them have their way.Be calm and respect them.Show love to them and treat them as your own sisters.One day the sisters will get married and will reap the fruit of their misbehaviors to you.What you are seeing is what many wives are seeing elsewhere.You are not alone.

The inlaw issue is one of the 8 major problem areas in marriage.Actually,a man cannot cut off his relations because he married a wife,neither should a man breakdown his marriage because of his relations.It lies largely on the husband to maintain a cordial relationship with his wife and between the marriage and the extended family.Many husbands are too weak or immature to handle the extended family.The link below is an article from my blog which deals with the inlaw problem in marriage and how to handle them.
please visit the link and try to adjust for the sake of your baby's future.I wish you the best.
http://maritalsuccessresource.com/?p=81
Re: Issues In My Marriage by luckgames(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2012
Outstrip: Sigh.[b] I don tire. There is never any excuse to manhandle your wife especially when she is nursing a child. He is not a man. I[/b]f he was a man his sisters will not have the liver to call the house and chastise his wife. Your husband does not realize that he has screwed up majorly. All you need is to give trouble makers an inch and you are finished. In my opinion do not apologize. Absolutely not. If you apologize you are just giving him the go ahead to continue that bahavior. Physical agression only progresses over time. This is nothing compared to other trying issues that can happen in a marriage. What will he do then? Come at you with a matchete? Nip this in the bud. I don't like the idea of you moving to your parents home. It gives the impression that that is his house not yours. I would defintiely move to another bedroom though and continue with life. Ignore him until he decides to be a man and apologize. You guys have to set the rules together for you home. I personally do not care if someone who lives with me dishes their own food but I know with the culture thing it is almost a taboo for someone to go dish food from another womans cooking pot. Pele my dear. take it easy. Focus on the baby before you run mad.

The dude is sick
But who was first to throw blow
Re: Issues In My Marriage by agabaI23(m): 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2012
reinedamse:
madam, was all that really necessary?u don't share an individuals point of view so the next thing is to curse out the person's soul?i fear for ur kids.They must really find it shameful and frustrating to cope with an uncouth mother on a daily basis.i hope their dad is more refined.
@OP,be wary of the kind of advice u receive here on nairaland.Many of these women are internet warriors.They tell u to do this and that to your husband but when you get to their homes,you would be shocked to see that they dare not cough when their husband is speaking(I'm sure your mother must have warned you against this kind of women when you were getting married).
I'm a Lady like u,i agree ur husband crossed a line but two wrongs can never make a right.protect ur home.There are ways you can correct him.Fight in love,correct in love.
DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO INITIATE YOU INTO THE DIVORCEES CLUB.
Sir I will not curse you but I will tell you that you are wrong. What kind of rubbish insult is that? It is her prerogative to be diplomatic in the face of insult. In this case she decided not to be and I do not blame her. If she does not lay down the rules, she will be overrun in her own housw. Blame the man who is allowing her sisters to him. An insult to a woman is a disrepect to the husband.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by ibrahim007: 7:06pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ poster,out of all the men in the world u tied the knot with a retard.Honestly,ur hubby is a boy jor.My advice,u're in a deadly position ma'am u either bi their bitch(very dangerous option) or toughen up with the support of your husband.Naw that your hubby is acting like a boy "double wahala.My mum was a victim,believe me I know what your situation is like.Plus,my father protected my mum.He lost when he was bedridden for 7yrs before his death.Try to win that boy over to ur side,if not it won't be an easy ride ma'am.Ur sista inlaw is a bitch,a good sista inlaw relate with mutual respect not power play.And of course you started a war which is not going to go down well since all the sisters have their heads in the same basket.And ur hubby who is suppose to draw lines or better still be a mediating factor is acting like a boy.If u were my sister I'll make sure that boy doesn't see his child till he's 94 that's if he can make it

1 Like

Re: Issues In My Marriage by 2mch(m): 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2012
I am against violence but this woman's story is not complete. I have gone over the story to see the violence but i dont see it. What does she mean by she went to feed her husband? Does the husband require feeding? Or you mean you went to serve him the food. Reading the story i think what she is trying to say is the husband refused her serving the food, and took her to the room to have a conversation outside the hearing of his sisters, which is very respectable. She most likely started fighting and he physically restrained her from leaving the room. This guy did not beat her. Like i said, this OP's is very immature and really very stewpid. Coming on NL to get sympathy is even more stewpid. Quite frankly this is a crazy story. You share a house. If your family can go into the pot and collect food, so can his. You cannot tell me in my house that my family has to take permission. As long as you are not feeding me, and i contribute my fair share. To take water or snacks will also be a problem i bet. If you have a problem with this, serve the food you want to store and your husband's food and leave the rest for everyone in the house. Simple solution to a simple problem. If more food is needed, simply ask the spouse with family in the house to provide more money. Stewpid lying OP. You just came to justify your childishness and immaturity by selling one sided stories. I hope the guy chases you out. This is very petty. angry
Re: Issues In My Marriage by SisiKill1: 7:10pm On Apr 19, 2012
I have a question for the guys and I hope you answer sincerely. . .How would you react if your wife's younger brother comes to your house, not greet you or acknowledge your presence, I mean giving you serious attitude, after all the house belongs to his sister too. Ten mins later, you hear a car starting and before you can say Jack Robinson he has driven away with your car without asking permission.

Please be honest and don't say it is not the same thing. . .we've already established that this is about being territorial.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by luckgames(m): 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2012
ibrahim007: @ poster,out of all the men in the world u tied the knot with a retard.Honestly,ur hubby is a boy jor.My advice,u're in a deadly position ma'am u either bi their bitch(very dangerous option) or toughen up with the support of your husband.Naw that your hubby is acting like a boy "double wahala.My mum was a victim,believe me I know what your situation is like.Plus,my father protected my mum.He lost when he was bedridden for 7yrs before his death.Try to win that boy over to ur side,if not it won't be an easy ride ma'am.Ur sista inlaw is a bitch,a good sista inlaw relate with mutual respect not power play.And of course you started a war which is not going to go down well since all the sisters have their heads in the same basket.And ur hubby who is suppose to draw lines or better still be a mediating factor is acting like a boy.If u were my sister I'll make sure that boy doesn't see his child till he's 94 that's if he can make it

Diplomacy will win over force
Take your sister but you will not marry your sister
What the husband and wife need is happiness, so you have to manage this dangerous situation
Re: Issues In My Marriage by DExplorer1: 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2012
jennykadry:

You are an eediot. May me and my "cabals" continue to give you stoopid people night mares. Tell me now, who here has even mentioned divorce except you? who here has told the OP to leave her husband? you are a certified slowpoke f00l. Just because I told her not to apologise you have already concluded like those daft colleagues of yours that we want her to get a divorce. This is why you could not pass simple WAEC AND JAMB in Nigeria, because they ask a question and you answered something completely different from what was asked. Born f00l

I thought you were just a f00l but you have proved me wrong, you are worst than an imbec1le

Don't even mention my kids here if you don't want sickness to visit you and your smelly nyash in your bed tomorrow morning angry bast@rd

Shameless woman married to an azzhole. May both of you continue to live a frustrated and dumb life till thy kingdom come. ANu ofia. Devil fart on your empty brain. fcking ashew0 two kobo.

Let me go and drink my VitaMalt first. ODE

You will surely make a good house-wife. It's well.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by luckgames(m): 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I have a question for the guys and I hope you answer sincerely. . .How would you react if your wife's younger brother comes to your house, not greet you or acknowledge your presence, I mean giving you serious attitude, after all the house belongs to his sister too. Ten mins later, you hear a car starting and before you can say Jack Robinson he has driven away with your car without asking permission.

Please be honest and don't say it is not the same thing. . .we've already established that this is about being territorial.

You can fight with your wife's brother or sister
Or mange the situation by talking directly to your wife's brother
or Tell your wife what the brother did and explain to her why the brother was wrong
Tell her, you don't ask her to fight the brother but let his brother know that his attitude is unacceptable
Or take it to your parents in law
Re: Issues In My Marriage by stagger: 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2012
Madam, go and tell your parents about this so that both families can meet over the issue. It has gone beyond you and your husband.

Maybe your husband will now decide if he wants to marry his sisters or stay married to you.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by DExplorer1: 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2012
reinedamse:
Hehehehehehehehehe grin grin grin
I got her exactly where i wanted her.see her raving and ranting like a mad woman.
Cabals What's she talking about? Unlike u dear,i don't spend my whole life on nairaland jumping from thread to thread and wasting away.i actually have a real life in the real world.so i may not know who or what ur cabals are all about.
U seriously need to relax so u don't develop HBP over pple u don't even know.
U remind me of someone about to be sacrificed to amadioha.
Ur children have a shameful mum i must confess tongue tongue

Branded jab!!!
Re: Issues In My Marriage by DExplorer1: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2012
jennykadry:

eeyaaaa, see who is talking. She has a real life yet she is spending time replying an uncouth mother. Curse be the day your mother conceived you without a condom, if only she gave the impotent f00l that fathered you a condom to wear, we wouldn't be in this situation. And then another gorilla had to take you in for a wife, unbeknownst to him you come from a cursed wasted family with generational curse hanging above everyone's head, oma se oooo, e go better. Sweetheart, the last time I checked my BP which was 20 minutes ago it was 126/84 and my pulse was 82, no signs of blood pressure or heart attack so chillax already, it ain't happening too. cool Agu nwanyi like me grin BP? you never sabi, common carry that cursed body fruitless body with no iota of fertility in it and go sh@g that castrated imbechile you have in the house as a husband. Oh yea, he is castrated, well try his mouth and make sure to remove his artificial dentures lest he bite you with them. wink

And nope you did not get me where you wanted me, I got you were I wanted you and you know where? you coming back from your "jobful" life to reply me, yea I wanted to know how important I am and thank you very much for sparing me 2 minutes of your time, 2 minutes you will never get back. That showed me you care about me ennough to log off and log back on just to say hello

I love you too kiss

You are good in this business.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by Nwogbe: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2012
If I understood you well madam poster your problem is that your sister-in-law go to collect food from your pot,correct me if am wrong.If that is the case,then you are really an attention seeker.Wot is wrong with that?will your own siblings not go to your pot to dish out food? Except you are an egoist or a wicked person I see nothing wrong in that.If I'm your hubby I will do worse than him.Wot nonsense cool cool cool cool
Re: Issues In My Marriage by ibrahim007: 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ luckgames,aw old are you son??.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by gemstones: 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
What I am about to say might have already been said as I didn't have time to read all the replies but OP I will blame you.

When I was much younger I fought with my mom for allowing housemaids so much liberty to eat what they like and even dish their food themselves but she taught me wisdom, these are human beings that take care of your home and feed your kids, what if they poison your children. You ought to learn to treat people fairly because you don't know tomorrow. I know this has nothing to do with your case but I am getting there.

What is the big deal in food, its not like you lack at home. If she went to take food for being hungry without your consent then you let her be. What is she was so starved and shivering to even remember asking you. Of all things to cause a rift in the whole family.thank God you are not barren or something worse that your in-laws would make life a living hell for you. Its just mere food, why mince food? People let strangers or hungry neighbors to dish their food in their absence, all that is added blessings. See how you caused a major problem for yourself. Being silence and applying wisdom in cases doesnt make you a fool, you are even relieving yourself from the stress and headache of fighting.

Secondly, didnt you know the kind of family you were getting into in the first place that a fight like that is just coming to play after a child? That is why background search and compatibility with hubby and family is necessary at the foundation of a relationship so you don't cry wolf later on in the marriage. I know we all tend to everlook a lot when it comes to marriage as long as we have that "MRS" title to satify the world but early detection & prevention is far better than cure. Often times we all look for perfection and later on when the bad sides start springing in, we can't handle it. You should have known what you were getting into.

I don't blame your hubby for taking sides with his family. When his mom was putting him through school and when they all supported his growth, where were you? Its not impossible to state you probably married your hubby when he was established. Therefore, he must honor his family too. You have put your hubby in an uncompromising issue and turned him to a monster that now beats you up. Why didnt you allow your sister-in-laws to leave first then report to your hubby and let him handle it. Better still, you could have told the sister in a jokeful manner probably while watching a movie or plating her hair or something. I mean what if she was a witch and she reported you for depriving her of food in her brothers house.

Op you have pride and arrogance. work on yourself first. Let me ask you a question? If the managing director of your company comes to your home and eats your food just like your sister-in-law did, will you complain or act like a slave at that point. Probably your sister in law is the low class type that is why you decided to take authority like that. My female friends enter my kitchen and eat as they like even eat my own portion without my consent, its no big deal. That food you are protecting can spoil or rot. Abeg your own is too much! Food of all things for an engineer? Na wa. My advise for you is a matured discussion with all parties involved try and remedy the heat you created with your own hands. You wey suppose dey tell your in-laws to help themselves and feel free to eat and be merry.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by luckgames(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
ibrahim007: @ luckgames,aw old are you son??.

Why
I have seeing lot of problem
I have reacted to people the way they talk to me
I have stayed with a older half brother and a young brother
I didn't have any problem with the wives
while my older brother half brother came they have issue with the wife
Re: Issues In My Marriage by SisiKill1: 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
luckgames:

You can fight with your wife's brother or sister
Or mange the situation by talking directly to your wife's brother
or Tell your wife what the brother did and explain to her why the brother was wrong
Tell her, you don't ask her to fight the brother but let his brother know that his attitude is unacceptable
Or take it to your parents in law

Read your post then go back and read OP's Post again, this time. . .SSSSSLOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLYYYYYYY and tell me what is different between what you wrote here and what she did.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by luckgames(m): 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Read your post then go back and read OP's Post again, this time. . .SSSSSLOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLYYYYYYY and tell me what is different between what you wrote here and what she did.

What about her parents in law?
Not the sisters or brothers
Re: Issues In My Marriage by BABE3: 7:37pm On Apr 19, 2012
dayokanu:
OP you have a problem with intolerance and thats how a small cut has turned into a huge wound and if you are not careful it would turn to a cancer

Your SIL went to take food from the pot is now a reason to fight her?

She didn't fight her; according to her post. She only called her to tell her what she did was very idiotic.

Take a look at Sisi_kill's scenario. What sort of uncivilized behavior is that?

The sister in-law didn't necessary have to go her and say "m'aam, I observed that you're done cooking. May I please have a portion of your nicely prepared soup?"

The SIL could have gone to the kitchen while OP was cooking and jovially said "Haaaa.. there's no way I'm not finishing that food. Better start preparing another round for your husband and yourself. It smells so good! Chei My brother is lucky".

I'm sure the SIL just dashed into the kitchen frowning, with an attitude, and mounted a hip of goat meat on her plate. See ehn, the problem here is not the food. It's common courtesy. The relationship you have with a person determines the kind access you'll have to the person's things.

You can't be giving me serious attitude all they long and jump at my food. You no get shame? grin Which kind shameless behavior be that?

Some people need to be put in there place, and apparently the husband is no where near putting his sister(s) in check.

1 Like

Re: Issues In My Marriage by ndidibabe(f): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2012
There must be another side to this story. The OP is hiding something from us. What exactly did you to your husband? The humilitaion is just too much for committing no crime.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by gemstones: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2012
ndidibabe: There must be another side to this story. The OP is hiding something from us. What exactly did you to your husband? The humilitaion is just too much for committing no crime.

you are right. how can the genesis of this issue be food or not taking proper permision before dishing food. Some people like wahala if you like eat d whole house and make sure your brother is sorting all d expenses.
Re: Issues In My Marriage by armyofone(m): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2012
@Babe

Thank you jare. Let dayo continue to fight his imaginary inlaw haterz.

the courtesy thing is very important. stay around chat, joke, help etc. when food is ready, you could hear her even say serve yourself or wait to be told.
simple thing. but we all know the nig mentality ''na my bros house''

Ewure ba fo ju wo eyin, apete gbeleke
agutan ba fo ju wo eyin, apete gbeleke
ma fo oju e wo....
ma fo oju e wo....
Re: Issues In My Marriage by dayokanu(m): 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2012
BABE!:

She didn't fight them; according to her post. She only called them to tell them what they did was very idiotic.

The sister in-law didn't necessary have to go her and say "m'aam, I observed that you're done cooking. May I please have a portion of your nicely prepared soup?"

The SIL could have gone to the kitchen while OP was cooking and jovially said "Haaaa.. there's no way I'm not finishing that food. Better start preparing another round for your husband and yourself. It smells so good! Chei My brother is lucky".

I'm sure the SIL just dashed into the kitchen frowning, with an attitude, and mounted a hip of goat meat on her plate. See ehn, the problem here is not the food. It's common courtesy. The relationship you have with a person determines the kind access you'll have to the person's things.

You can't be giving me serious attitude all they long and jump at my food. You no get shame? grin Which kind shameless behavior be that?

Some people need to be put in there place, and apparently the husband is no where near putting his sister(s) in check.

The thing is the situation didnt start from the food, The wife and sister have been having issues before which possibly stems from the wife being too overbearing?

No one would come to your house and go stright to the pot of Soup,

And I am sure you know the manner which the "Call to tell her" was done. It was done to the extent that the SIL stopped eating in the house, That should tell you that that was no ordinary "Calling to tell" like she wanted us to believe

If you go to your brothers house and go serve yourself food Maybe thinking everyone has taken theirs or the Wife wasnt around to inform her, 30mins later the Wife comes and gives you a dressing down over mere food.

The wife's post reek of "This is my territory" too much and that was what drove the husband against her. And now all the family
Re: Issues In My Marriage by SisiKill1: 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2012
BABE!:

She didn't fight them; according to her post. She only called them to tell them what they did was very idiotic.

Exactly!! It is not about the food. . .it is about common courtesy. I mean don't parents bring their children up properly anymore??

I am sure as I am that the sky blue that if that car scenario ever happened, the younger brother will receive the beating of his life, that is after the husband has finished dealing with his wife for bringing such disrespect on his person. Haba, is this not a Naija man we are talking about?

Nonsense!! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? / My Son Is Too Shy / Married Couples Who Are Never Intimate But Insist They're Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.