Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,764 members, 7,798,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders (11613 Views)

APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / Resource Control May Split Nigeria — Northern Delegates / Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by BlackPikiN(m): 1:22am On Apr 19, 2012
Northern leaders took a swipe on their southern counterparts on Wednesday, saying they are not gaining anything from the present arrangement of the country and can therefore stand on their own if the country eventually breaks up.

The Northern leaders, who met under the auspices of the Arewa Elders Forum, said that even though they can afford to survive in a divided Nigeria, they have resolved not to be the cause of the breakup of the country.

One of the leaders of the new group and former Special Adviser to ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo on Food Security, Prof .Ango Abdullahi, told the Hausa service of the British Broadcasting Corporation monitored in Kaduna that the north has always been on its own and will continue to survive without the oil resources from the south.

Abdullahi, who was reacting to calls from southern leaders for the convocation of a Sovereign National Conference, said that some people are hiding under the agitation to show to the world that they were tired of staying in a united Nigeria.

We know this is an old call because it has been on for over 20 years. They have been saying this corporate existence of the country and the Federal system is faulty.

They are keen on sitting down to discuss what kind of arrangement would be conducive for Nigerians. This is an old call and it is not a new thing… some people are hiding under the guise of this agitation to show that they are tired of staying in a united Nigeria.

Therefore, we have resolved that we are not going to be the cause of Nigeria breaking up; but if others decided that the country should be divided, and they insisted that Nigeria should break up, we won’t say no because we realized there is nothing we are getting from the current arrangement that other sections of the country are not getting.

“If they insisted, why don’t we sit down and talk? If at the end, everybody agree that Nigeria should be divided and if at the long run, everybody is satisfied that the country should break up, let it be”.

Speaking further on whether the north can stand on its own if the country breaks up, the former Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria said that the North has always been on its own because the poor in the North has always been on his own. “He (the poor) feeds himself from what he cultivates in the farms and feeds Nigeria up till tomorrow.

It is possible if all Northerners would return to what their forefathers did through agriculture with which proceeds they built the North and Nigeria as a whole,” Abdullahi said.

Culled: The Nation

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/we-are-not-gaining-anything-from-nigeria-northern-leaders/
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by OAM4J: 3:20am On Apr 19, 2012
hmmmmmm!
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Onlytruth(m): 3:28am On Apr 19, 2012
Because they are no longer ruling. lol
Well, let the conference begin already because I'm tired of mortgaging my future and that of my children to a hopeless system.
EVERYTHING should be on the table; from true federalism to total disintegration.
The outcome must be acceptable to all stake holders in Nigeria, and the process should be supervised and enforced by the UN if necessary.
Aburi is still very fresh in my mind.
All these talks are not deceiving anyone.
These types of talks proceeded Aburi. Heck the conference itself held in the most cordial atmosphere. Yet, the North (led by Gowon) flushed it down the toilet after signing it.

So, when are we starting? Thank God almighty for a time like this. cool
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by aljharem(m): 3:31am On Apr 19, 2012
Onlytruth: Because they are no longer ruling. lol
Well, let the conference begin already because I'm tired of mortgaging my future and that of my children to a hopeless system.
EVERYTHING should be on the table; from true federalism to total disintegration.
The outcome must be acceptable to all stake holders in Nigeria, and the process should be supervised and enforced by the UN if necessary.
These types of talks proceeded Aburi. Heck the conference itself held in the most cordial atmosphere. Yet, the North (led by Gowon) flushed it down the toilet after signing it.

Yes we all talk of Nigeria splitting but come to think of it, would you be happy if Nigeria split ?
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Onlytruth(m): 3:36am On Apr 19, 2012
alj harem:

Yes we all talk of Nigeria splitting but come to think of it, would you be happy if Nigeria split ?

Yes I would! lol
As things are today, I would want it to split.
The only time I may drop that wish is if the core North stays FAR AWAY from Nigerian presidency for at least 12 years from 2015.
Why? Because I fear that they would set Nigeria back again if they take over too soon.

We have not recovered from their many years of misrule.
As much as people can hate Obasanjo and GEJ, both are still far better than Yar adua or Shagari. cool
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Nobody: 3:55am On Apr 19, 2012
alj harem:

. Arrow. You are now asking him when comments from you and some bloody mofos has indirectly started the gradual dissintegration of the entity called NIGERIA. Bloody Arrow. When we divide, I would see how amala and agberoes would help your economy.
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by aljharem(m): 4:23am On Apr 19, 2012
Onlytruth:

Yes I would! lol
The only time I may drop that wish is if the core North stays FAR AWAY from Nigerian presidency for at least 12 years from 2015.
Why? Because I fear that they would set Nigeria back again if they take over too soon.

As much as people can hate Obasanjo and GEJ, both are still far better than Yar adua or Shagari. cool

How can you say OBJ and GEJ were better than Buhari ? So you cannot see any good from the north ?

Onlytruth, as for me if Nigeria split I would miss it die because the uncertainty drops. SNC would be better for Nigeria. In as much as I chat crap at time on this site, the truth be told I love Nigerians from all corners equally and would miss their touch.

Image no Iya basira amala and ewedu, no mama Nneka Isi ewu and no mallam Adamu suya. Abeg the thing go pain me wink
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by aljharem(m): 4:24am On Apr 19, 2012
lucenzo: . Arrow. You are now asking him when comments from you and some bloody mofos has indirectly started the gradual dissintegration of the entity called NIGERIA. Bloody Arrow. When we divide, I would see how amala and agberoes would help your economy.

Wake up, would massob help your economy. Again we all need each other, that has been my position but of course when I get pissed off by comments like you I cannot just keep quiet would I ?
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by OneNaira6: 5:33am On Apr 19, 2012
See bold faced lie on a thread!!!

We hear una!!

They are not gaining anything from Nigeria, if the north isn't gaining anything then who is? what happened to our billions, who took it? hmmm
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by moremi2008(m): 5:51am On Apr 19, 2012
Then leave! Nobody wants you! You're bloody leeches and an embarrassment to the rest of the country. Please, do us all a favor, leave the federation and go join your impoverished brothers in Niger! Chikena!

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Demdem(m): 8:59am On Apr 19, 2012
The north is ready for national conference
SW is also ready.
SS/SE talk say they are ready
Middlebelt definately have no choice.

Now what/who the ffuck is delaying this from happening if not the retardeen and his fellow pdp cohorts who are directly benefiting from this fraud called Nigeria. We all know where our problems are, lets collectively fight this now.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by madridsta007(m): 9:42am On Apr 19, 2012
Demdem: The north is ready for national conference
SW is also ready.
SS/SE talk say they are ready
Middlebelt definately have no choice.

Now what/who the ffuck is delaying this from happening if not the retardeen and his fellow pdp cohorts who are directly benefiting from this fraud called Nigeria. We all know where our problems are, lets collectively fight this now.

That's true my brother. PDP should allow Nigerians to hold a SNC and bid each other a final goodbye. We are still West Africans so we would continue to relate with each other.
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2012
lollz!Just a year of the oil region stay in power and they are not gaining anything.

Hausa-fulani has a great debt to pay the oil rich south before they can leave.

Ojukwu told dem but no becos they were gaing everything including peoples life.

Pay us back and get lost. grin

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Rich4god(m): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2012
alj harem:

My guy, how do you explain the fact that southerners cant leave in peace in northern Nigeria and you want us to be together. Boko haram aside, the northerners have always shed the blood of southerners almost yearly, and you want us to be together.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Slizbeat(m): 9:51am On Apr 19, 2012
Wen wil it happen nau?
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Myself2(m): 9:51am On Apr 19, 2012
I wont even bother to read the stupid article,so let me proceed to speak my mind;

Their father[size=16pt][/size]

Na God go punish those so-called Northern leaders that said they are not gaining anything from Nigeria

How about the link below;

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/deprivation-and-derivation-principles-why-the-north-is-poor-i/

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 19, 2012
DEMDEM CALM DOWN!

The Northerners are playing smart. Any breakup of Nigeria would lead to a fair share of offshore resources as Northern Agricultural resources were used to develop the Oil industry.

I kid you not, there are more Oil reserves in the North than south. After the sharing agreements have been reached, they will start seismic studies & start discovering oil left right centre.

If Niger Republic can have large reserves, there is no reason why oil should not exist from LIBYA, to NIGER to Northern Nigeria
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by lacasa: 9:52am On Apr 19, 2012
They r right, North will develop faster than any oda region cos ŏƒ agric, no oil for †ђξ west to put their evil interests ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ .

Oil Ȋ̝̊̅§ a curse, y do U̶̲̥̅̊ think d south-south Ȋ̝̊̅§ one ŏƒ †ђξ least educated n poorest reegions ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ naijja, with oil ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ d region †ђξ place Ȋ̝̊̅§ inhabitable for most.

aπϑ, fyi d best thing for naija Ȋ̝̊̅§ to stay as one ☺º°˚˚°ºoo cos ℓ̊ bet U̶̲̥̅̊, most ŏƒ d split entities would engulf into chaos.
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by freshmoney(m): 9:54am On Apr 19, 2012
lacasa: They r right, North will develop faster than any oda region cos ŏƒ agric, no oil for †ђξ west to put their evil interests ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ .

Oil Ȋ̝̊̅§ a curse, y do U̶̲̥̅̊ think d south-south Ȋ̝̊̅§ one ŏƒ †ђξ least educated n poorest reegions ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ naijja, with oil ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ d region †ђξ place Ȋ̝̊̅§ inhabitable for most.

aπϑ, fyi d best thing for naija Ȋ̝̊̅§ to stay as one ☺º°˚˚°ºoo cos ℓ̊ bet U̶̲̥̅̊, most ŏƒ d split entities would engulf into chaos.

We obviously need a DISLIKE button cuz of some silly posts on NL. May be a few dislike clicks may knock them off and re-boot their thinking faculty again undecided

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Myself2(m): 9:55am On Apr 19, 2012
@ 1stcitizen

Could you please help us go and convince the useless northern malu leaders to stop shying away from constitutional conference and calls for true federalism since you've seen it in your crystall ball that arewa land will develop faster than China if Nigeria should break up
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by emsquare(m): 9:55am On Apr 19, 2012
Onlytruth: Because they are no longer ruling. lol

Hmmmm!
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Afam4eva(m): 9:55am On Apr 19, 2012
Nigerians are born liars. It's this kind of lie that will make them say that Abuja was built with the sheer hardwork of Northerners the same way our SW brothers are saying about Lagos. I really don't care what they say, what i want is for them to fast-track their want for secession.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by wiseman123: 10:01am On Apr 19, 2012
Please break away afterall oil reserves has been located in parts of the North and there is a refinery there.
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Super1759: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2012
Funny people.ok now dem don greee. Mchreewwwwwwww.dis jus d begining.they wil pack run from nigeria soon
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2012
This is a joke grin grin grin
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by miteolu(m): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2012
Great move. I pray it will work successfully without bloody convention. At least boro haram will concentrate on his people (north).
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2012
They are just bluffing. They will be the first to withdraw when they see the FG serious about SNC. But wait ooo, are these people illiterates? How do they reason to utter such statement even when a newly born baby knows that they are the ones who ruined Nigeria and are still ruining it with their boko haram. Just cause they lost power and they are bluffing at every slightest chance. Fools in de making
Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by PrinceDudu(m): 10:10am On Apr 19, 2012
Onlytruth:

Yes I would! lol

Has Nigeria moved forward with the south holding the presidency for the whole period of democracy in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2012
PrinceDudu:

Has Nigeria moved forward with the south holding the presidency for the whole period of democracy in Nigeria?

How many years has the south been in power that made you ask this senseless question?

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders by konami001: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2012
There is no need to hurry... Nigeria's break-up has been in the works for years... just wait till 2015 and you will see...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Committees Inaugurated By GEJ In The Last One Year / PDP Probes Senators, Reps For Voting Lawan, Gbaja / Sanwo-Olu Unveils Five-Year Food Sufficiency Road Map For Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.