Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:12 PM

The HR Tag - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The HR Tag (894 Views)

Automatically Add Voice Watermark,music Art And Tag To Mp3 Files Online / How Can I Send Unlimited Mails/hr With Php Mail() Function / Please Who Knows How To Set A 'no Follow' Tag Through Htaccess? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The HR Tag by omni1: 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2012
I was playing around some rarely used tags that I instead have a work around to when I noticed something and I want to see how many people have experienced it too and how they immediately solved the puzzle. Please forget your Google search engine here. grin

HTML TAG
<hr />

CSS
Please style the above HR Tag to have the color #069. Ensure it is compliant on most recent browsers. Explain your every code deployed.
Re: The HR Tag by Afam4eva(m): 8:50pm On Apr 19, 2012
I tried this and it worked in Mozilla, Explorer and Opera but did not work in Chrome and safari

<hr style="color:#069;" />

I'm still trying to make it work in all browsers.
Re: The HR Tag by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2012
not all browser share the same hexadec codes, even some names are not supported in chrome and safari
Re: The HR Tag by Afam4eva(m): 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2012
You don't mean it.
Re: The HR Tag by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2012
yep true story happened to me, i think AliceBlue was the color not sure
Re: The HR Tag by Afam4eva(m): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2012
Isn't there an industry standard that every browser is supposed to follow? na wa.
Re: The HR Tag by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2012
cheesy yep but we all know that's not gonna happen Safari got's its extension, chrome got theirs, opera has its, while IE is the big boy that doesn;t give a sh.i.t about w3c standards so its we that suffers the most even HTML5 is the perfect example of each saying "screw you" to W3C standards, mozilla,chrome ,safari actually implemented most of html5 but IE explorer got some not supported or most,which is why Flash is still the best fallback
Re: The HR Tag by sisqology(m): 10:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
<body><h1>Hello World</h1>
<p>My name is sisqology</p>
<hr color="#069" />
<p>I'm a goat.</p>
</body>

It worked on all browsers when i tried it!
Re: The HR Tag by sisqology(m): 10:44pm On Apr 19, 2012
Oops, i no read d css aspect! Sorry
Re: The HR Tag by omni1: 12:16am On Apr 20, 2012
You can use any color of your choice if you think using color shorthand is the issue or better still, use #006699.

Test on all browsers. You must get a single color of #006699 for your HR tag. It's a little bit tricky but let's ride on.

Success!
Re: The HR Tag by DualCore1: 2:17am On Apr 20, 2012
*omni:
Please forget your Google search engine here.
Na that line disqualify me. Good stuff, I didn't know it was this tricky.

1 Like

Re: The HR Tag by omni1: 8:56am On Apr 20, 2012
Dual Core:
Na that line disqualify me. Good stuff, I didn't know it was this tricky.
Just still try out something. I was upset when I met this issue but I calmed off and gradually started dealing with it. grin

(1) (Reply)

Www.nafdac.gov.ng Is Hacked Again / Profesional Web Development Training In Ikeja Lagos / Top Paid To Post Forums To Earn Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.