Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,970 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:35 AM

GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany (8935 Views)

''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' / Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace / Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by kurus: 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2012
1025: i still don't want to believe that nigerians were this dumb and daft in making this man president. uk is busy judging ur corrupt gov and u are busy calling on germany to help u fight boko haram, what then can u do on ur own? is this man aware that nigeria is supposed to be an independent country? what made this man accept to be the president of nigeria? i fainted the day he said we have an untouchable cabal in the oil sector. maybe we need americans to come and fight corrupt pdp members in nigeria.
this is a very big shame.

When the Americans voted GWB as their president for 2 terms, even though they knew he was a dunce, did you pass this same comment on the good ole USA? GWB doubled the american debt profile in just 8 years? and bill clinton left him with a balanced budget when he left power. Do you know what that means? the americans chose a president wo dogded the vietname draft, was a certified drunk amongst other things(even invited a gay prostitute into the white house) and yet the americans gave GWB a second term!

Please think well before you libel an entire nation. We voted the man and then BH came up from the northern elites. r u saying we should ave being threatened by atiku and co's threat and thus vote for buhari?
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 20, 2012
kurus: When the Americans voted GWB as their president for 2 terms, even though they knew he was a dunce, did you pass this same comment on the good ole USA? GWB doubled the american debt profile in just 8 years? and bill clinton left him with a balanced budget when he left power. Do you know what that means? the americans chose a president wo dogded the vietname draft, was a certified drunk amongst other things(even invited a gay prostitute into the white house) and yet the americans gave GWB a second term!

Please think well before you libel an entire nation. We voted the man and then BH came up from the northern elites. r u saying we should ave being threatened by atiku and co's threat and thus vote for buhari?

There's no comparison between the US and Nigeria and you know it. I'm sure Nigerians would take two George W. Bush presidencies over one GEJ anyday. At least Bush reacted to 9/11. There hasn't been a terror attack since then, except for the Nigerian underwear bomber's attempt. We're still waiting for GEJ to react to the easter bombings, talkless of all of BH's major attacks since 2010.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by kurus: 7:06am On Apr 21, 2012
malc619:
Do we have ά̲̣̥ share in his 1billion naira peppersoup?? ₪☺..

Are Ʊ related to Dame Patience Jonathan ??

Can you tell us how much OBJ and Yar Adua used to budget for Aso rock when they were president?

No, you cant. Do you want me to tell you why: because they did not let the FOI bill see the light of day and as such, we had no access to such information. GEJ let the senate pass that bill and now we can know.

How much is N1b? That is like $6.5m to feed Aso rock in a year. Do you know how many people live in Aos rock? Or you think its just GEJ and his family that will use the money to feed?

People need to start opening their minds and stop thinking as if Aso rock is a family house for just GEJ and his family. The money will be used to feed the score of security men in the place, the gardeners and all those who are entitled to be fed on a daily basis.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by kurus: 7:09am On Apr 21, 2012
ogugua88:

There's no comparison between the US and Nigeria and you know it. I'm sure Nigerians would take two George W. Bush presidencies over one GEJ anyday. At least Bush reacted to 9/11. There hasn't been a terror attack since then, except for the Nigerian underwear bomber's attempt. We're still waiting for GEJ to react to the easter bombings, talkless of all of BH's major attacks since 2010.

Please don't insult Nigerians. GWB was a disaster. He was a certified dunce. Obama and the US will deal with the mess he made of the american economy for the next decade at least, if not more. If you were an american, i doubt you would so lightly speak about the atrocities committed by GWB and Dick 'no pulse' Cheney.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 21, 2012
kurus: Please don't insult Nigerians. GWB was a disaster. He was a certified dunce. Obama and the US will deal with the mess he made of the american economy for the next decade at least, if not more. If you were an american, i doubt you would so lightly speak about the atrocities committed by GWB and Dick 'no pulse' Cheney.

I am an American.

Bush made many mistakes, but he never would have jeopardized the lives of home-based Americans. Sending troops to war is one thing, but he never would have allowed terrorists to infiltrate his government and further allow them to carry out attacks on civilians, and then brush off those said attacks to cover his pals' behinds. Another thing. He never would have sent the American army on protesting citizens the way GEJ sent Nigerian troops on Occupy Nigeria protesters. So, there's some food for thought. There's no equal comparison in my book.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by kurus: 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2012
ogugua88:

I am an American.

Bush made many mistakes, but he never would have jeopardized the lives of home-based Americans. Sending troops to war is one thing, but he never would have allowed terrorists to infiltrate his government and further allow them to carry out attacks on civilians, and then brush off those said attacks to cover his pals' behinds. Another thing. He never would have sent the American army on protesting citizens the way GEJ sent Nigerian troops on Occupy Nigeria protesters. So, there's some food for thought. There's no equal comparison in my book.

Ogugua88, you suprise me a bit about this GEJ issue. If you aint resident in naija, i might understand. Im quite conversant with your posts on NL and i have to say you seem a reasonable lady(no pun/compliment intended).

Are you implying GEJ invited terrorists into his govt? Do you want to tell me you dont know all this bh thingy is just a political weapon deployed by a few northern elitist with collaborators in other parts of the country? Is GEJ expected to sack all the bh sympathisers, cos they have a BH seal on their foreheads? As to sending soldiers on nigerians, OBJ levelled Odi and Yar Adua sent soldiers to kill off villagers in Benue state(i believe) when they killed soldiers. Thats the way govt is run in naija; its totally unacceptable but that the way the cookie currently crumbles in naija.

I am not saying GEJ is a messiah; no he aint. But when things have always happened in a certain way, and that way is systemic with respect to the issue, asking the incumbent to do right is fair; in fact, it is given. But comments such as "Retardeen", "Fool", etc over things that all other presidents have done before GEJ, makes you out to be someone who is saying this based on emotions, and who is not being realistic.

Please let me digress a bit: The american govt has a serious debt issue; the white house, capitol hill and the american govt bureaucracy knows this. Yet in the last 4 years, the american govt has always had to strike last minute deals to prevent a debt default. Have you called obama a dunce for this recurring annual debt drama? No, you havent and you know why, cos that the way the american bureaucracy is playing the politics of debt management. Its got nothing to do with obama.

Using the analogy above, examine whatever beef you have against GEJ and ask yourself: Is this issue a new one, or is he just not handling it well? Obvious case in point is BH. Its existed before now, but cos the sponsors had groomed then as a pivate army and there was no need to activate that army, but for the annual bloodletting they let them do(in the name of religious crisis) where they use the bh boys to threaten all non-northerners. in GEJ tenure, the private army has been activated. So that particular point needs to be highlighted. You could say that MEND existed before and they were dealt with(amnesty and/or killed off). Yes, but there are differences: e.g. MEND operated on the waterays, so engaging them is very easy(people aint walking all over the waterways at the same time and you can use satelittes to track boats), BH boys operates amongst us in our normal way of life, so identifying BH folks is not easy. MEND targeted oil facility, so if you can protect the facility, you can reduce the threat, BH kills people and the people they kill ALL look alike. You cannot say the people being targeted shouldnt go about their normal daily activities, can you?

To summarise, delve a bit deeper into the issues and be sincere. A corrupt bureacracy of 52 years is what GEJ has to rely upon to fight a new kind of threat, and its even worsened by the presence of spies within that corrupt bureacracy. It took America 10 years to kill Osama, with all their technological assets. Tell me, what assets can the naija govt use to track and engage bh without importing it? apart from small light arms and bullets, every other equipment is imported.

Await your response.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Goldwine1(f): 2:56am On Apr 23, 2012
Mr. President has got no choice here, boko haram started with him and must end with him.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 23, 2012
kurus: Ogugua88, you suprise me a bit about this GEJ issue. If you aint resident in naija, i might understand. Im quite conversant with your posts on NL and i have to say you seem a reasonable lady(no pun/compliment intended).

Are you implying GEJ invited terrorists into his govt? Do you want to tell me you dont know all this bh thingy is just a political weapon deployed by a few northern elitist with collaborators in other parts of the country? Is GEJ expected to sack all the bh sympathisers, cos they have a BH seal on their foreheads? As to sending soldiers on nigerians, OBJ levelled Odi and Yar Adua sent soldiers to kill off villagers in Benue state(i believe) when they killed soldiers. Thats the way govt is run in naija; its totally unacceptable but that the way the cookie currently crumbles in naija.

I am not saying GEJ is a messiah; no he aint. But when things have always happened in a certain way, and that way is systemic with respect to the issue, asking the incumbent to do right is fair; in fact, it is given. But comments such as "Retardeen", "Fool", etc over things that all other presidents have done before GEJ, makes you out to be someone who is saying this based on emotions, and who is not being realistic.

Please let me digress a bit: The american govt has a serious debt issue; the white house, capitol hill and the american govt bureaucracy knows this. Yet in the last 4 years, the american govt has always had to strike last minute deals to prevent a debt default. Have you called obama a dunce for this recurring annual debt drama? No, you havent and you know why, cos that the way the american bureaucracy is playing the politics of debt management. Its got nothing to do with obama.

Using the analogy above, examine whatever beef you have against GEJ and ask yourself: Is this issue a new one, or is he just not handling it well? Obvious case in point is BH. Its existed before now, but cos the sponsors had groomed then as a pivate army and there was no need to activate that army, but for the annual bloodletting they let them do(in the name of religious crisis) where they use the bh boys to threaten all non-northerners. in GEJ tenure, the private army has been activated. So that particular point needs to be highlighted. You could say that MEND existed before and they were dealt with(amnesty and/or killed off). Yes, but there are differences: e.g. MEND operated on the waterays, so engaging them is very easy(people aint walking all over the waterways at the same time and you can use satelittes to track boats), BH boys operates amongst us in our normal way of life, so identifying BH folks is not easy. MEND targeted oil facility, so if you can protect the facility, you can reduce the threat, BH kills people and the people they kill ALL look alike. You cannot say the people being targeted shouldnt go about their normal daily activities, can you?

To summarise, delve a bit deeper into the issues and be sincere. A corrupt bureacracy of 52 years is what GEJ has to rely upon to fight a new kind of threat, and its even worsened by the presence of spies within that corrupt bureacracy. It took America 10 years to kill Osama, with all their technological assets. Tell me, what assets can the naija govt use to track and engage bh without importing it? apart from small light arms and bullets, every other equipment is imported.

Await your response.

Well, where I live truly doesn't matter lol.

Seal on the forehead? Sambo had serious ties to one of Boko Haram's sponsor. That sponsor of BH, who is also a PDP member, helped make Sambo who he is. This sponsor's backing and organizing for Sambo is what led him to his governorship in Kaduna. And this is the befitting man GEJ nominated for vice presidency. That's more than a seal. You think Sambo and GEJ will turn their backs on allies to assist commoners? Wasn't it just the other day that Sambo promised BH is coming to an end? How? Do you really expect a GEJ/Sambo regime to tear down a terrorist group that built and control so many of the Northern PDP politicians? I don't see that happening. It's only overseas that Sambo and GEJ have mouth. GEJ is barking in Germany. The other day, Sambo was yapping in Washington DC. What have they told Nigerians? "This will all pass with time".

It's because more of us have steady access to internet and more freedom to expression that you see names like "retardeen" and "fool" rampantly. People cursed preceding presidents too, and they still do. There was no Facebook or Nairaland to publicly curse Abacha and Babangida like one would wish.

I don't call President Obama a dunce, because he isn't one. He's educated, intelligent, and has good intentions for the United States. Progress in the United States has been extremely slow, thanks to congress. All Obama has to do is open his mouth, and his opposition will say no before he speaks. He has called out republicans AND democrats for letting the nation drag and called upon them to take more action. Listen to his last State Of The Union speech. He was frustrated and angry because of the petty "your side versus our side" that's been going on in congress.
When it's come to making presidential decisions, Obama has made them. He gave the OK to raid Osama Bin Laden's compound. He signed the Stimulus Package, ended the Iraq War, repealed Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Most of anything that has had to go through congress, the big laws anyway, haven't come out successful, because senators and representatives are behaving in egotistical, immature manners. The first bill President Obama signed was the Lilly Ledbetter Act (equal pay for women in the work place). What has GEJ done? Wasn't one of the first things he asked for tenure elongation?

It's not a new issue. I don't think I said it is. Just because it's not a new issue doesn't mean we should cut GEJ some slack. There's "not handling it well", and then there's "not handling it at all". GWB did not handle Afghanistan well. GEJ is not handling BH at all.
I think you've unknowingly brought up one of the few similarities between GEJ and GWB. They were both struck by private, already-formed-and-waiting-for-the-opportune-moment, groups. No, you cannot tell people not to go about their daily lives. Like I stated earlier, PDP is infiltrated with BH allies, sponsors, and members. They can be traced.

It took America 10 years to kill OBL because GWB engaged US troops in a war in Iraq and he kept his focus on Iraq from 2003 until he left. Obama took over, the US got a lead on OBL, and they took it even though they weren't 100% positive that OBL was in the area they were searching. They were only 60% positive or so and they decided to go for it anyway, and were successful.
Imported or not, BH needs money for weaponry right? From where does the money come for said equipment? BH Sponsors right? Now who is sharing beds with BH sponsors? Connect the dots. BH isn't getting away with murder because they're using cutting edge equipment. Weren't bows, machetes, and common 9mm ammunition some of the weapons they found in Mohammed Marafa's residence? They're getting away with murder because our government officials let them. It's only now that BH has overgrown their wings that GEJ and his cronies are worried.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Clem45(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2012
Sweetlemon:

LMAO! Is this the best excuse u can come up with? So stealing money openly is not bad just because it is done openly and not in secret ba? So if GEJ kills your mother openly his "transparency" makes it a good thing LMAO at some people's way of reasoning
l can assure with very strong conviction that ppl like u will be more corrupt than even the person u criticize.BEST OF LUCK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thunder Strike You There..After Watching This Video And Still Believe In Nigeria / President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting (Pictures) / Southern Kaduna Killings: Reps Summon Service Chiefs, Police IG...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.