Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:59 PM

John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) (2151 Views)

The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! / John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon / John Grisham Fan Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by RiffRaff: 11:42pm On Apr 19, 2012
When u ask d Average Nigerian Novel Reader about Good Writers they Tell U: S.Sheldon, D.Steel, R.Ludlum, F.Forsyth, J.H.Chase, J.Collins, N.Robert, J.Archer, D.Brown, John Grisham & d Likes.. These guys are popular among d Average Readers, most People rarely Read works by other Authors. 'v read works by most of these authors & Some of them are Pretty Good but this Guy Grisham, 'v read lyk 4 of his books (Runaway Jury, D Firm, D Partner, 1 dat suck so bad i cant rememba d Title) & frankly m 1darin wat al hype is all about. All fairly Normal Average book or is there a very gud 1 am missin?
In d Law Category there is only 1 person dat has totally Blown me away though its: Richard North Patterson (Terrific Writer).
People lyk Philip Margolyn, scott Turow & d likes are nt bad Either.
Who is ur fav writer in d Law Category?
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by stokolie(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2012
scott turow,david baddacci,micheal connely,but john grisham rocks especially with his books the broker,the appeal,the chamber,street lawyer,and the coffesion.
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by MrResource(m): 7:34pm On Apr 21, 2012
Same here Op...Richard North Patterson it is.
Love the courtroom drama in Degree of Guilt,The Final Judgement and Conviction.

John Grisham and his 'The' novels equally rock too smiley
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by cooltrycia: 12:33pm On May 02, 2012
Thats list works so because they already have recognition im a big fan of the first 5 in ur list bt i'v becomed bored of j.grisham its all the same to me,all his have d same theme maybe its because i'v read tons of his book. Danielle steel i love he r trilogies
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by bntY: 6:18pm On May 02, 2012
I haven't read much of other law authors, but to say J.Grisham is overrated, I disagree!
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by mykhel995: 1:55pm On May 03, 2012
OP
Honestly, this post doesn't deserve a reply. You've read what? 4 books? Grisham has what? 30 books? And from your perspective he's overrated? I've read many(20?) of his books and he deserves all the credit he gets.
Maybe you just don't understand what he writes.
I read runaway jury last week or so. It is as good as I expect a law-themed novel to get. Infact the 3 books you listed are all excellent books. I suspect you haven't even read them or you're just dumb.
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by mykhel995: 1:56pm On May 03, 2012
And I would like you to name the one that sucks so bad you can't remember the title.
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by stokolie(m): 5:41pm On May 04, 2012
j.grisham stands out,no match in the legal intrigues world.for real all his novel are best sellers,award winners,and hand full have been turn to motion picture.
other writers are good but i dont think j.grisham is over rated he deserves every credit he has gotten.....
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by yinkalink(f): 6:59pm On May 04, 2012
John Grisham isn't overrated, I have read all of his books including the non-legal stories. Philip margolin,michael connely, tami hoag, steve matin, scott frost are all superb writers but nothing beats a john grisham.

That's my OP sha
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by soyemi(m): 4:28pm On May 07, 2012
My favourite authour is Karen Kingsbury. I love her style of writing. She has this way of weaving her story line with descriptive aesthetics. Go read "One Tuesday Morning" and you will instantly develop a sense of quest for her other piece.

1 Like

Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by David2471(m): 8:35am On May 08, 2012
John grisham is argueable d best bt tink u guys shud checkout lisa scottline.....she's rily rily gud
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by courage89(m): 3:19pm On May 08, 2012
I don't think John Grisham is overrated at all. For me, King of Tort remains one of his best work
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by yusufbaba(m): 6:09pm On May 09, 2012
my best writer and also a legendary author is james hadley chase
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by RiffRaff: 6:35pm On May 12, 2012
mykhel995: OP
Honestly, this post doesn't deserve a reply. You've read what? 4 books? Grisham has what? 30 books? And from your perspective he's overrated?
4 of his best Accordin to ratings Online.
I've read many(20?) of his books and he deserves all the credit he gets.
ur Opinion
Maybe you just don't understand what he writes.
Really

I read runaway jury last week or so. It is as good as I expect a law-themed novel to get. Infact the 3 books you listed are all excellent books. I suspect you haven't even read them or you're just dumb.
Totally needless
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by ortopazz(m): 10:41pm On May 17, 2012
can u imagine? Overated? Mehn shove ur ass 4 realz
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by cutie999(f): 6:56pm On May 18, 2012
yinkalink: John Grisham isn't overrated, I have read all of his books including the non-legal stories. Philip margolin,michael connely, tami hoag, steve matin, scott frost are all superb writers but nothing beats a john grisham.

That's my OP sha
on point! Ve read all too

1 Like

Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by cutie999(f): 6:58pm On May 18, 2012
Vince flynn anyday anytime.
Perssonaly.....i thnk john grisham is worth all the hype tho
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by ortopazz(m): 11:58pm On May 27, 2012
na mehn seriosly, u cant say thz man iz overrated, times best seller, I mean u can compare thz man's skill of writing to most writers, I read The CLIENT' and I cn tel u persnaly that mehn I was moved, lyricaly dope, image makeup deaf, etc The man'z gud please stop castigating and find a gud topic 4 urslf.
Re: John Grisham Is Overatted. Who Is Ur Favourite Author (law Category) by ortopazz(m): 12:00am On May 28, 2012
read vince flynn's executive poweri it twas gud tho, lovd the character and his wife, lovd the book, Nora Roberts is great too.

(1) (Reply)

#riddle# / What is the Best Story you have ever read on Nairaland? - A Thread for Passion / Nairaland Literature2014 Award-- Voting Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.