Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

How Popular Is Zobo Drink? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Popular Is Zobo Drink? (15744 Views)

Can Pregnant Woman Drink Zobo Drink????? / Preservative For Zobo Drink / Kunu And Zobo Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by samm(m): 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2006
How do you like Zobo?  Just heard about it for the first time and wanted to know how popular it is in Nigeria and what is tastes like for those of you that have tried it.
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by kimba(m): 12:52am On Mar 28, 2006
ive drank Zobo like 3/4 times. I dont know what it was made of, but its like everytime i drank it(usually at a friends house etc) i always ended up in the toilet, so i usually distance myself from Zobo.

But it tastes nice, has many flavors,
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by bluenubian(f): 1:27am On Mar 28, 2006
zoborondo, meeen, my mom used to make that drink like everyday, we would even mix it with fanta, hm hm hm hm hmm
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by Badman888(m): 2:33am On Mar 28, 2006
some people drink that stuff alot, local blackcurrant
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:49am On Mar 28, 2006
I cant drink Zobo. It does something unpleasent to my stomach shocked shocked
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by hotangel2(f): 5:59am On Mar 28, 2006
OMG>, zobo drink, i miss zobo sooo much. I used to drink it basically everyday. We made it all the time, you get the zobo leaves, sozk it in hot water (before you do that, you make sure you rinse the dry leaves), after soaking, (not for too long), add ginger if you want while soaking, After soaking, use "ase" to take the shaft away from the juice, add flavour (ur kind), and sugar, tie it in nylon, or pour in 'swan water bottle", Omgg, sweetness.

I miss zobo and kunu, and nunu and fura, and all that stuffs. Anyone every tried kunu? Talk about the way to heaven. Try Nunu, and you would be talking abt HEAVEN!. Zobo, is like paradise. When done right of course, with nice flavour. Aww, i miss all that.
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:28am On Mar 28, 2006
Hot angel do you mean nono?
The milky yogurty drinkkk?
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by hotangel2(f): 6:32am On Mar 28, 2006
It's nunu, nono, yeah, the yougurt milk, with fura.
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:36am On Mar 28, 2006
Tap i dey trip for that drinkkk. Dont you just love it when it is served chilled
Fura is the brown stuff they put inside?
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by hotangel2(f): 6:55am On Mar 28, 2006
Ohh my gosh, try it when it's getting iced, cold, yeah fura is the brown stuff. SOme people hate it, but it's the best thing u can have with nunu.
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:07am On Mar 28, 2006
i no c am for this CANADA
I missit though
and which type of Kunu do you like the best?
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by wiseguy(m): 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2006
Zobo is a drink I look forward to every sunday. A woman where I worship used to bring it to me every sunday. When I come back home, I put it inside freezer and during the evening I will come out in the garden around the house with my wife and have a wonderful experience. I love that drink so much that my wife had to go and learn how to prepare it and what a nice drink she prepares for our sunday evening
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by Outkast(f): 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2006
You can actually make the drinks for those who live in the U.S(New-york, cos we have carribean people and they drink the same thing, they just call it sorrel) so you can actually buy the leaves and make them.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by Bisiriyu: 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2006
Zobo is a nice drink and it's easy to prepare as hot angel described it. I dont wash the leaves, i boil the leaves on fire.

In addition to the ingredients she mentioned you can peel pineapple, pound it and soak it in the zobo. Some even wash the back of the pineapple before peeling and soak it with it.

It's really nutritious, try it.
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by whiteroses(f): 1:30pm On Mar 30, 2006
i use to like zobo and it's nice but i hate it like sh** now because i went to someplace and the stew to amala was Zobo, i started throwing up. the woman has made zobo jucee outta the leaf and she mixed the used leaf with egusi. it was terrible since then i've hated zobo. she was like (eje eran sobo yin see mo pe fitamin ni) but zobo is nice generally. smiley
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by samm(m): 7:52pm On Apr 03, 2006
I found this pic online @ http://www.garycook.co.uk/Africa/Nigeria/photo1-2.html
Is this Zobo drink that the lady is carrying?

if you can, help me upload the picture from the site.
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by Oracle(m): 12:42am On Apr 10, 2006
I love zobo too i used to take it a lot
i think hot angie is a proffesional in things like this
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by nikitareal(f): 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2006
zobo is as popular as 2 FACE IDIBIA.it taste nice.somepple mix it wit diff. flavour like pineapple,strawberry.
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by dominobaby(f): 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2006
Zobo really is a nutritious drink and while preparing u can add different flavours to it. We usualy boil our rather than soak it (h-a's style)

its no longer as popular as it was 4 yrs bk, then people rarely bought softdrinks anymore.

I've never bought it outside, prefer our homemade zobo

@whiteroses, that was one bad experience! 'fitamin' indeed!!
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by LAHLAXZA(m): 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2006
Zobo is the shyt, my family got introduced to it by a neighbour who came to live in lagos from the north.Ever since then i have been in love with that drink.My mum and my sisters usually made it so i am not quite sure what the whole process is but i know they boil it.I also love Kunu.
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by shawna(f): 12:37am On Jun 19, 2006
i love zobo it was really good grin and very popular when i was going to boarding skool in naija wink
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by dollypee1(f): 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2006
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE ZOBO! YEAH ITS ONE OF THE POPULAR DRINKS IN NIGERIA.I LOVE PEETTO TUTU TOO!
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by desiree(f): 9:03pm On Jul 06, 2006
What is Zobo, what does it look like and made from??
You guys make it sound sooo interesting and nutritious.
Where can i get it?
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by Mystique(f): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2006
Yeah, Zobo tastes good, if well flavoured, kiss
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by Bisiriyu: 9:03am On Jul 13, 2006
desiree:

What is Zobo, what does it look like and made from??
You guys make it sound sooo interesting and nutritious.
Where can i get it?

Zobo is a local Nigerian drink from the northern part of Nigeria. It looks like chapman and it's made from dry leaves called zobo leaves.

It's really nutritious especially when it's flavoured with fresh pineapple juice.

It depends on where you are. It's a very popular drink all over Nigeria.
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by Oracle(m): 4:17am On Oct 03, 2006
A lot of people know about it, well i've drank it very much and i love it.
Itz really a nice drink if prepared properly.
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by kike001(f): 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2006
i love zobo esp wen is really flippin hot dats sum hell of a drink luv it
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by niterider(m): 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2006
See some ppl formin about zobo.I miss that drink jo
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by katherinae(f): 10:11pm On Dec 01, 2006
i feel u kimba

when we newly moved ot abuja, we went to visit a family freind and they offered us zobo drink, well i drank and for the next two days, i became really close friends with my commode, so i avoid that drink like a plague. now Chapman is the drink, if only i could just get the reciped of chapman drinks that would be great.
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by katherinae(f): 10:13pm On Dec 01, 2006
bisiriyu

do u happen to knwo the reciped to chapman, i feel like its some kept secret only passed down from restaurant to restaurant
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by katherinae(f): 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2006
You can actually make the drinks for those who live in the U.S(New-york, because we have carribean people and they drink the same thing, they just call it sorrel) so you can actually buy the leaves and make them.

WOW i really really dislike sorrel, i had it once and didnt like it, i had no idea it was the same thing as zobo, clearly not my favourite drink
Re: How Popular Is Zobo Drink? by watever(f): 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2006
u gotta be kidding me  shocked me, i lurrrrrrrrrrrve zobo.  used 2 drink it a lot in sec. school. especially during ss3 extensions. ha! sweet times. our boarding house mistress made d bestest ones ever cheesy miss 'em soooooooo much oh, but it doesn't stain pretty on whites    grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Rid Of Your Excess Body Fat Today!!! *PICTURES* / How Regularly Should You Cook And Why / Easy Puff Puff Recipe In My Kitchen (pics &video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.