Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Edo State, Politics And Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State, Politics And Insecurity (768 Views)

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / Akwa Ibom State Politics: How Expectation Of N150b Bond Is Delaying Justice / Saraki The God Father Of Kwara State Politics Secrete Agenda Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edo State, Politics And Insecurity by alleviate2002us(m): 9:08am On Apr 20, 2012
Much has been said of late as regards the forth.coming guber elections in Edo state. As you read this post, alot of political architechure have been commissioned and monies have been disbursed to effect them.

One would be quick to admit that these schemes have become norm in our polity, giving instances of the prevailing circumstances. Whilst the power of incumbency is struggling to leave a mark which could be interpreted as a reason for continuity, the oppositions remain firm in their resolve to shift the wheel and balance power.

As an observer, what worries me is the resulting effect of these and those who are worst hit. In time to come the state would be very volatile, its air will become highly inflammable and the first amongst the power hungry, blood thirsty and desperate political divide who strikes the match will have that arena cleared in her favor.

By way of reducing the possibity in either keeping the wheel balanced or shifting same, a number of deaths have been recorded in d past 7months(not to mention the alarming rate of kidnap cases alongside). Many have been forced to pay for their good intentions or otherwise by kissing their deaths.

To a large scale an air of insecurity has heightened. This has unarguably been noted in the fearless spate of armed robbery incidents in the state. One begins to wonder the source of all the monies these concerned power brokers spend. Personally, i'lld hope to extend a benefit of doubt in this and say the leaders (from the grassroot to the top in the state) want to change the trend. I definately wouldnt be far from the truth when i recall that 'the pot shouldnt call the kettle black'.

Ekpoma as a town, has long been under the seige of armed bantits(if i may say, made up of several groups). The operation of these fearless youths bring to light, the insinuation that the authorities concernd and high placed figures(in and arround the community) may have blessed the afore mentioned with prayers, given their success rate thus far.

It is still puzzling and weird why these dark minded clowns choose the market days of their target communities to effect their ill-minded schemes. Another twist to this is that ...after the record of such huge loot from our cash reserves, given our cashless economic status inview one wonders were such huge amount of cash would be stashed....my guess is maybe when campaigning, at the points were rigging would be effected or maybe in some account which i am in doubt of.

This chain reaction has lead the banks in ekpoma,auchi, irrua, and uromi to suspend their services to teeming customers pending when the ugly trend of these youths seize.

The big question is 'Edo state indigenes in diaspora how can the poor state of security and blood.fuelled political air in your home be salvaged'...what is the way forward?

(1) (Reply)

Another Bomb Blast In Kaduna - 10 Killed! / $3m Bribery Latest: Otedola Submits Video, Audio Evidence / How Azazi Was Removed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.