Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

The Judge That Acquited Ibori In Nigeria Did No Wrong!!!!!!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Judge That Acquited Ibori In Nigeria Did No Wrong!!!!!!!!! (1336 Views)

Cameroon Did No Wrong Flooding Nigeria – FG Official / A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour / Gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi Discharged And Acquited! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Judge That Acquited Ibori In Nigeria Did No Wrong!!!!!!!!! by Ayowumie(m): 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2012
I have been, since the beginning of this week, reading all castigation and insults against the person of Justice Marcel Awokulehin, the Judge that acquitted Ibori in Asaba when he was been prosecuted for cases of corruption in Nigeria.

I understand the sentiments been expressed by Nigerians but then we need to be factual and logical in the way our arguments are being presented.
I must categorically state that I don't know Justice Marcel and neither can I remember ever seeing his pictures whether in prints or otherwise.

In the court of law, ability of any judge to convict a person is determined by the ability of the prosecutors to prove that the defendant is guilty. Conviction or otherwise is based on evidence presented to the judge.
So, why blame the judge for acquitting Ibori when the EFCC could not prove that Ibori whom they charged with tens of criminal misconducts, stole a single kobo from the coffers of the government?
I think the blame should go to Waziri and co whom it seemed were all bribed not to provide sufficient evidence to warrant conviction of Ibori by the Marcel Awokulehin court.

Please, be all reminded that judges don't pass judgement based on what they see, they pass judgement based on "presented evidence".
I stand to be corrected. If you think I am wrong, submit your views.
Re: The Judge That Acquited Ibori In Nigeria Did No Wrong!!!!!!!!! by kettykin: 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2012
Brown envelope judges
Re: The Judge That Acquited Ibori In Nigeria Did No Wrong!!!!!!!!! by Demdem(m): 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2012
@ Poster,

u may have a good point here. is it not the same EFCC that have not been able to prove the guilt of the haliburton criminals here in Nigeria whereas their fellow accomplices have been punished in the US? what about the shoddy job those EFCC SANs did on Akingbola's case? The list is endless.
Re: The Judge That Acquited Ibori In Nigeria Did No Wrong!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2012
Ayowumie: I have been, since the beginning of this week, reading all castigation and insults against the person of Justice Marcel Awokulehin, the Judge that acquitted Ibori in Asaba when he was been prosecuted for cases of corruption in Nigeria.

I understand the sentiments been expressed by Nigerians but then we need to be factual and logical in the way our arguments are being presented.
I must categorically state that I don't know Justice Marcel and neither can I remember ever seeing his pictures whether in prints or otherwise.

In the court of law, ability of any judge to convict a person is determined by the ability of the prosecutors to prove that the defendant is guilty. Conviction or otherwise is based on evidence presented to the judge.
So, why blame the judge for acquitting Ibori when the EFCC could not prove that Ibori whom they charged with tens of criminal misconducts, stole a single kobo from the coffers of the government?
I think the blame should go to Waziri and co whom it seemed were all bribed not to provide sufficient evidence to warrant conviction of Ibori by the Marcel Awokulehin court.

Please, be all reminded that judges don't pass judgement based on what they see, they pass judgement based on "presented evidence".
I stand to be corrected. If you think I am wrong, submit your views.

Who gave the London Metropolitan Police the dossier of evidence from Nigeria that was used to prosecute and convict Ibori in the UK? It was the EFCC. The EFCC was able to do that only after the former Attorney General, Michael Aodoakaa was eased out of his position when GEJ took over. It was Aondoakaa, and by extension Yar'Adua who was stalling the cooperation of the EFCC with the London Met Police. It was that same evidence that the EFCC presented before Justice Marcel Awokulehin.

Mind you, Awokulehin quashed 170 charges! A whole 170 counts of criminality Ibori was charged in the UK with only about 10 of those charges and convicted. Awokulehin is a disgrace to his family, children, conscience, uprightness and the judiciary. The Nigeria judiciary which he belongs is rotten. This judge had been compromised with lucre. There are reports that he was bribed with $5 million.

The supreme Court is the worst. An abuja magistrate swore under oath that he convicted a James Onanefe Ibori of a crime in 1994. The Supreme Court still ruled that there was "no evidence" that the James Onanefe Ibori convicted by that judge is the same James Onanefe Ibori running for reelection in 2003. Evidence of his UK conviction for petty theft and handling stolen credit cards were ruled inadmissible.
Re: The Judge That Acquited Ibori In Nigeria Did No Wrong!!!!!!!!! by Degis(m): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2012
kalokalo:

Who gave the London Metropolitan Police the dossier of evidence from Nigeria that was used to prosecute and convict Ibori in the UK? It was the EFCC. The EFCC was able to do that only after the former Attorney General, Michael Aodoakaa was eased out of his position when GEJ took over. It was Aondoakaa, and by extension Yar'Adua who was stalling the cooperation of the EFCC with the London Met Police. It was that same evidence that the EFCC presented before Justice Marcel Awokulehin.

Mind you, Awokulehin quashed 170 charges! A whole 170 counts of criminality Ibori was charged in the UK with only about 10 of those charges and convicted. Awokulehin is a disgrace to his family, children, conscience, uprightness and the judiciary. The Nigeria judiciary which he belongs is rotten. This judge had been compromised with lucre. There are reports that he was bribed with $5 million.

The supreme Court is the worst. An abuja magistrate swore under oath that he convicted a James Onanefe Ibori of a crime in 1994. The Supreme Court still ruled that there was "no evidence" that the James Onanefe Ibori convicted by that judge is the same James Onanefe Ibori running for reelection in 2003. Evidence of his UK conviction for petty theft and handling stolen credit cards were ruled inadmissible.

The Poster the did not write in Ijaw neither did He write in Itsekri, You listen to too many dem say dem say that is why you are reasoning like this. If you establish a prima facie case against somebody it is because it is based on the evidence given, so tell me, if EFCC was dumb enough not to present the evidence before the Judge properly why wouldn't He strike out the Case without taking Ibori's plea.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

No Northerner Should Be Allowed To Rule Nigeria Till The Next 50 Years / Former Delta Warlords Receiving Some Of The Cake / Onitsha Head Bridge Renamed: **chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Gateway**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.