Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice (2697 Views)

Planning On Quitting And Going Freelance / Are Nigerian Businesses Willing To Pay For Website Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 20, 2012
I want to first complete revamping .net and complete all pending projects ASAP.
I will still be responsible for maintaining all projects i have been supporting until now.
But if the maintenance stress is much, i will outsource even those.

I realize this is going to affect many people one way or the other (even seun and the spam bot too).
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by jjjkkkooo: 2:50am On Apr 21, 2012
I feel dat at a particular time an IT guy will hv to leave d technical details (outsource them) and move to managerial/strategic concerns. If that s ur case, then ride on.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 21, 2012
Not quite so here, i am going to work in a different field entirely, and may not have time for website development again.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by magnumx: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2012
Has it got to do with the interswitch hacking issue? No run o!
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Slyr0x: 11:47am On Apr 21, 2012
^^^loool. .

For those of you that don't know, Tony Ogundipe a.k.a. Dhtml is a Medical Doctor smiley. .He's prolly going back to the clinics

1 Like

Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2012
magnumx: Has it got to do with the interswitch hacking issue? No run o!
Caramba. That hack has nothing to do with me per say.

Slyr0x: ^^^loool. .

For those of you that don't know, Tony Ogundipe a.k.a. Dhtml is a Medical Doctor smiley. .He's prolly going back to the clinics
Disclaimer: i dont know what this brother is talking about. I believe Tony Ogundipe and DHTML are 2 separate entities. lol
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by yawatide(f): 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2012
yeah right! dhtml not coding "until further notice" is like saying a red blooded male will not (in the words of dbanj, "hmmm"wink until further notice.

Who are you deceiving man? tongue

Good luck in your next endeavor though. Remember what I told you - you have 5 fingers and each has its purpose. Don't be like the cow who didn't appreciate its tail till it got caught off wink
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by dansmog(m): 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2012
what field will be shifting to? grin
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by doncigalo: 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2012
ALLELULIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you've finally seen the light. This wasnt your field, leave it to the professionals !!

1 Like

Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by magnumx: 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2012
doncigalo: ALLELULIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you've finally seen the light. This wasnt your field, leave it to the professionals !!
na so he de do. He wants to view peoples opinions, just a stunt. Who cares sef? tongue
doncigalo: ALLELULIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

na so he de do. He wants to view peoples opinions, just a stunt. Who cares sef?
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by soloqy: 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2012
dhtml, I can safely conclude right now that you are a joker( Or you just take the jokes too much). At least from some of your posts sha. grin

I just saw a thread where they are saying that Interswitch was hacked and someone said you had a hand in building the site and I read your comments on the issue and am shocked. First of all, If you had something to do with that site, your comments there will in no way please the clients(the Interswitch). It would not even give confidence to the owners that they did the right thing. In fact, I just dont know what to say or think again. Did you actually have anything to do with the building of that site?

I had to bring that up in this thread as this one is closer to home than that.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by magnumx: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2012
Type a local search for ' observation: nigerian webmasters suck' .u ll read dhtml's claim of having a hand on that site. cant copy d url now
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2012
Thanks y'all. Let me put it more clearly:
- My statement of saying that i built the interswitch website was a very controversial one actually.

dansmog++:
what field will be shifting to? grin
Clinical work. . . .

Are you one of the professionals mayhaps? I dont want to be having nightmares when i hand over maintenance of client websites o.

yawa-ti-de:
yeah right! dhtml not coding "until further notice" is like saying a red blooded male will not (in the words of dbanj, "hmmm"wink until further notice.

Who are you deceiving man? tongue

Good luck in your next endeavor though. Remember what I told you - you have 5 fingers and each has its purpose. Don't be like the cow who didn't appreciate its tail till it got caught off wink
I ain't leaving permanently, i will be back sooner or later.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by flexxito(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2012
If u are moving up d ladder 4d pay then its cool...I guess its all about d pay. right?
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2012
flexxito :
If u are moving up d ladder 4d pay then its cool...I guess its all about d pay. right?
I am making several times more in website development. I just have to sort out my internship once and for all - for a period of one year or so.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Timileyin(m): 7:44am On Apr 22, 2012
hey, did you get a bank loan... lol
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 22, 2012
Timileyin: hey, did you get a bank loan... lol
This mango amigo, you don come be that. . .
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by webmpro(m): 9:22am On Apr 22, 2012
Bro. I think you can still work on part-time basis while facing ur more aceptd career, just take d develomental aspects nd then let others handle the managerial aspects. Its another way to cóol off on weekends. Think abt it bro. that name dhtml must not be missing else people wil play nd mess around wit php lolz.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 22, 2012
I will keep that in mind. But either ways, i am going to be occupied for awhile, and may need to do some outsourcing too.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by omni1: 9:58am On Apr 22, 2012
...Never mind buddy(*dhtml), you're only going on leave. I grant you that. Happy resting. wink
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 22, 2012
Hmmnn, leave keh? or left!! If i make more cash there, or i get a space outside the country with good pay, i will kiss my *dhtml profile adios para siempre!!
Hmmn, and that reminds me, let me start sending applications to espana mayhaps. . .
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by omni1: 10:50am On Apr 22, 2012
*dhtml:
Hmmnn, leave keh? or left!! If i make more cash there, or i get a space outside the country with good pay, i will kiss my *dhtml profile adios para siempre!!
Hmmn, and that reminds me, let me start sending applications to espana mayhaps. . .

Entiendo. Te deseo lo mejor. Mejor aún, que están al alcance de algunos amigos cercanos
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by lojik(m): 12:06am On Apr 23, 2012
Lets hope that by the time you come back, we will not be in jquery 5.7, php 9, Mysql 10.1.3, Joomla 5.3, Windows 14, Ubuntu 21, Fedora 44, Suse 31, Android 19, IOS 11, Windows phone 21 e.t.c
Anyway, go and make your money. I can offer you catch-up tutorial when you return, for 41% of your gross income. lol
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 23, 2012
Santa Maria! I wont mind the catch up tutorials. Someone even said maybe we will no longer be using PHP again.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by moderattor: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
lojik: Lets hope that by the time you come back, we will not be in jquery 5.7, php 9, Mysql 10.1.3, Joomla 5.3, Windows 14, Ubuntu 21, Fedora 44, Suse 31, Android 19, IOS 11, Windows phone 21 e.t.c
Anyway, go and make your money. I can offer you catch-up tutorial when you return, for 41% of your gross income. lol
Thats the real programming joke!
Every blessed day we have to keep to the joke.
Every blessed day what you know is getting deprecated.

I have spent 2 weeks presently trying to figure out how my new world works.
This has dropped me from professional to newbie again.

lol
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by afrobaby(f): 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2012
@dhtml, becos I saay I no go mrry u doesn't mean u should leave web development, I was only joking o, lol, ow u doing? long time
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by jmoore(m): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
why don't you all read out the rest of the sentence? it says "till further notice"
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2012
afrobaby: @dhtml, becos I saay I no go mrry u doesn't mean u should leave web development, I was only joking o, lol, ow u doing? long time
Dont worry, i have found a replacement since you refused to marry me. Yes O, long time o, i hope all is well? And how is your hubby?

jmoore: why don't you all read out the rest of the sentence? it says "till further notice"
Thanks guy.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by iGuru1(m): 4:08am On Apr 25, 2012
@DHTML, Anywhere you go, i go dey follow follow you. grin
Those of your jobs and contract you want to outsource, am very much available to manage them on your behalf. cheesy
You know how to reach me.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by iGuru1(m): 4:12am On Apr 25, 2012
@afrobaby, whats up.
Your domain name is for sale. What happened?
I have a Job in Abuja, you can contact me with 08024496403 urgently.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 25, 2012
i-Guru:
@DHTML, Anywhere you go, i go dey follow follow you. grin
Those of your jobs and contract you want to outsource, am very much available to manage them on your behalf. cheesy
You know how to reach me.
Please resend your contacts again.
Re: I Am Quitting Website Development Until Further Notice by greenmouse(m): 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2012
@dhtml, I know u wont be serious at all.
I go give you a call sha.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adult.xyz - Get Paid To Share Adult Links On The Internet! Created By / Hackers Had 'full Functional Control' Of Nasa Computers / Apple, Samsung And Nokia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.