Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit (1333 Views)

The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological / A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by Jenwitemi(m): 9:29am On Apr 21, 2012
I ask all members who frequent her to discuss. Is the forum a FORUM for debates and discussions, or a PULPIT for preachers preaching their own version of reality to us all? Why are you here? To discuss theological issues, or listen to online preachers preaching to you while you give no feedback?

I ask this question because there seem to be a whole lot of preaching threads on this forum being opened daily and nobody is expected to have an opposing opinions on them.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by logicboy: 10:39am On Apr 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: I ask all members who frequent her to discuss. Is the forum a FORUM for debates and discussions, or a PULPIT for preachers preaching their own version of reality to us all? Why are you here? To discuss theological issues, or listen to online preachers preaching to you while you give no feedback?

I ask this question because there seem to be a whole lot of preaching threads on this forum being opened daily and nobody is expected to have an opposing opinions on them.

Nothing we can do

haters gonna hate

preachers gonna preach.

Two options;

a) Derail their preaching threads
2) Ignore tei preaching threads
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by Goshen360(m): 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2012
logicboy:

Nothing we can do

haters gonna hate

preachers gonna preach.

Two options;

a) Derail their preaching threads
2) Ignore tei preaching threads

Okay.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by tpia5: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2012
the place is titled "religion section".

do we blame the nigerian educational system for the presence of people of no religion who are permanently parked here?
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by tpia5: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2012
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by Jenwitemi(m): 8:06am On Apr 23, 2012
That title needs to be changed to Theological Section. That will prevent certain religious cult thinking falsely that this place belongs to them.
Seun, get cracking.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by JeSoul(f): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2012
@topic & posters,
Jenwitemi: I ask all members who frequent her to discuss. Is the forum a FORUM for debates and discussions, or a PULPIT for preachers preaching their own version of reality to us all? Why are you here? To discuss theological issues, or listen to online preachers preaching to you while you give no feedback?

@topic & posters,
It is a forum. And it is a forum where people should have the common courtesy and decency to respect other posters. If non-christians posted respectfully on christian threads, this wouldn't be an issue and if christians weren't so antagonistic towards the non-christians they wouldn't respond in kind.

Since we have too many immature tweenagers trolling each others threads, a 'stay off' policy will have to do since people don't know how to behave themselves in a decent manner.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by Jenwitemi(m): 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
It is not even about that, Jesoul. I am talking about the type of threads that is opened in here. Do we open threads on issues that are meant to be discussed or debated on or do we open preaching threads that solicit no feedback from other members of this forum? That is the point of my opening this thread.
JeSoul: @topic & posters,
@topic & posters,
It is a forum. And it is a forum where people should have the common courtesy and decency to respect other posters. If non-christians posted respectfully on christian threads, this wouldn't be an issue and if christians weren't so antagonistic towards the non-christians they wouldn't respond in kind.

Since we have too many immature tweenagers trolling each others threads, a 'stay off' policy will have to do since people don't know how to behave themselves in a decent manner.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by JeSoul(f): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2012
Jenwitemi: It is not even about that, Jesoul. I am talking about the type of threads that is opened in here. Do we open threads on issues that are meant to be discussed or debated on or do we open preaching threads that solicit no feedback? That is the point of my opening this thread.
Oh okay got you.
Both. And the history of the section reflects that. Sometimes there seems to be an overabundance of anti-catholic topics, other times science vs. religion debates, other times anti-pastor chris threads, and right now atheist vs. christian threads.

It depends on the tone/purpose as put forth but the original poster and subsequent posters are to respect it. I personally think this section is much better and more alive with debate threads.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by tpia5: 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2012
Do we open threads on issues that are meant to be discussed or debated on or do we open preaching threads that solicit no feedback?

what you're advocating is fascism.

either that or you're genuinely lost.

jesoul so far i see nothing wrong with how any of the posters have expressed themselves on this thread.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by Jenwitemi(m): 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2012
I understand fully well that there will be folks who love to discuss or debate, while there are others who just want to preach their own versions of what they think is the truth and have no wish to debate anything. May i, therefore, suggest that the administrator changes the present forum to be called "Theological Forum" in order to include wider audience of different beliefs (or lack of it) and not just those of christian beliefs, and open a sub forum for the Christian preachers. This way preaching threads won't be mixed with real discussion threads.

This separation, i think, is very necessary because there are folks here who are not interested in listening to preachings but, rather, are here for the discussions and debates. What does Seun and the mods think?
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by JeSoul(f): 7:13pm On Apr 24, 2012
Jenwitemi: I understand fully well that there will be folks who love to discuss or debate, while there are others who just want to preach their own versions of what they think is the truth and have no wish to debate anything. May i, therefore, suggest that the administrator changes the present forum to be called "Theological Forum" in order to include wider audience of different beliefs (or lack of it) and not just those of christian beliefs, and open a sub forum for the Christian preachers. This way preaching threads won't be mixed with real discussion threads.
I'm not sure I understand this bit. The section is already a giant umbrella that includes deists, theists, nativists, atheists, agnostics and co (only the muslims are seperate), it is by no means the 'christian section'.

This separation, i think, is very necessary because there are folks here who are not interested in listening to preachings but, rather, are here for the discussions and debates. What does Seun and the mods think?
Haba Jenwitemi, they are not forced to click on those threads now are they? Simply skip over threads/titles that one has no interest in and participate in the debate ones.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by Image123(m): 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2012
Give the devil a inch, he'll take a mile. Give the devil's children some crumbs, they'll gather themselves to forcefully take the loaf and your life.
Bunch of miscreants.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by Jenwitemi(m): 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2012
The christians, who don't like to debate their religion, have already called for their own section. The islamists have been given theirs so give the christians theirs as well to post all their preaching threads in and let all the others who are not in any of the Abrahamic camps have this one. That way you mods will be hearing less moanings. That is what i meant.
JeSoul: I'm not sure I understand this bit. The section is already a giant umbrella that includes deists, theists, nativists, atheists, agnostics and co (only the muslims are seperate), it is by no means the 'christian section'.

Haba Jenwitemi, they are not forced to click on those threads now are they? Simply skip over threads/titles that one has no interest in and participate in the debate ones.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by Jenwitemi(m): 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2012
This has nothing to do with fascism, mate. This is suggestion to make this place more organized.
tpia@:

what you're advocating is fascism.

either that or you're genuinely lost.

jesoul so far i see nothing wrong with how any of the posters have expressed themselves on this thread.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2012
Image123: Give the devil a inch, he'll take a mile. Give the devil's children some crumbs, they'll gather themselves to forcefully take the loaf and your life.
Bunch of miscreants.
grin grin grin Spot on. Give the devil an inch and he will become a ruler. Give the devil a ride and he will want to drive.
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
grin grin grin Spot on. Give the devil an inch and he will become a ruler. Give the devil a ride and he will want to drive.

Image123: Give the devil a inch, he'll take a mile. Give the devil's children some crumbs, they'll gather themselves to forcefully take the loaf and your life.
Bunch of miscreants.

Are you talking about Nigerians?
Re: Nairaland Theological Forum:- Is It A Forum Or A Pulpit by Image123(m): 1:21pm On Apr 25, 2012
musKeeto:

Are you talking about Nigerians?
You know who we're talking about.

(1) (Reply)

A True Life Story Read Very Touching / A Library Of The Best Atheist Arguments Against Religion/god / Angola Becomes The 1st Country In The World To Ban Islam And Muslims(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.