Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Interswitch Website Hacked - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Interswitch Website Hacked (7850 Views)

Supreme Court Of Nigeria Website Hacked!!! / Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay / NAFDAC Official Website Hacked Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interswitch Website Hacked by mukina2: 10:44am On Apr 21, 2012
The web sites of Interswitch, a Nigerian-based electronic transaction switching and payment processing company has been hacked by a group named TiGER-M@ate, possibly from Bangladesh.

Update: (10:34am GMT +1) – We’ve contacted Interswitch and we’re told that there’s no cause for alarm as customers’ card information are safe in the bank and not on its website.

It is uncertain why or when the website was hacked, but as at 09:25am (GMT+1) when we learned, the website had been defaced. Below is what the website looked like before the hack.

http://techloy.com/2012/04/21/interswitch-hacked/
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by nana83: 10:58am On Apr 21, 2012
Bad Belle people don come o!... Always trying to spoil good things.

Anyway i think they are right. Switches don't hold customer information so customers are safe. Besides the website www.interswitchng.com is purely informational,...no critical data.
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by highland(m): 11:02am On Apr 21, 2012
This is terrible, they should do something fast before this hackers will starts to transfer money through our ATM card. It is not safe to use the card now both online and offline until things get back.
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 21, 2012
I know interswitch. With the quality of guys there am really surprised the company's website could be hacked like that! undecided
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by babaowo: 11:16am On Apr 21, 2012
need close my accounts.
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by magnumx: 11:16am On Apr 21, 2012
Na fellow nairalander develop d site o. *dhtml how e happen na?
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by moderattor: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2012
Na lie, interswitch was not hacked for a second.
AM begining to feel that some nairaland mods have ulterior motives for posting fake hack alerts
and putting it on the front page.

it may surprise you that all these while starting from during the elections, non of those hack alerts were true!

http://interswitchng.com/ to confirm its not hacked.

1 Like

Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by chimuchi(f): 11:39am On Apr 21, 2012
[size=38pt]HOW TRUE IS THIS?[/size]
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Slyr0x: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2012
Wooooow. . .This goes a long way to show we aint ready for the cashless policy yet. .
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by balo(m): 11:45am On Apr 21, 2012
chkd d site jst now.
no sign of hacking.
abi interswitch don "hack" dia thing back?

1 Like

Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Binkalette: 11:47am On Apr 21, 2012
Bad Belle people don come o!... Always trying to spoil good things.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 21, 2012
it actually was. I confirmed this a couple of minutes ago. they must have brought it back up!

Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by GAB1: 11:51am On Apr 21, 2012
babaowo: need close my accounts.

how much do u have in your account? I beg make we hear word
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2012
Santa Maria! Yo no se (no comment).
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2012
magnumx: Na fellow nairalander develop d site o. *dhtml how e happen na?
Well. . . . .maybe an SSL is needed
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2012
Slyr0x: Wooooow. . .This goes a long way to show we aint ready for the cashless policy yet. .
Your service might be needed for security scan, mayhaps i should recommend you.
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 21, 2012
NOW, I WONDER WHY I DID NOT SEE THIS HACK? SO IT WAS HACKED AND UNHACKED IN MY ABSENSE EH?
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2012
nana83: Bad Belle people don come o!... Always trying to spoil good things.

Anyway i think they are right. Switches don't hold customer information so customers are safe. Besides the website www.interswitchng.com is purely informational,...no critical data.

You are very correct about that. So even if it was hacked and stolen, your data is safe and secure.
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by denzel2009: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2012
Bangladeshi that just acquired his CEH is testing his skills.
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2012
time 4 me to hack facebook and nairaland And turn it them to boko haram sucide bomber applicant site
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2012
denzel2009: Bangladeshi that just acquired his CEH is testing his skills.
You can test out your skills to sharp sharp, but be smarter, go after the server with all the money and vouchers.
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2012
Did any one of you have time to go through the hack before it was fixed? The hack had nothing to do with the site codes. . . . .in this situation, i am not guilty.

Now, who even said i did the site? Caramba!

Disclaimer: Yo no se el designer de sito del interswitch! So there!!
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Tonyblu(m): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2012

Hi All.
This comes as a surprise, though still need to confirm more.

It's one thing to hack a webpage/website which isn't too much of an issue, but I believe the transaction platform should be better secured from hackers.

The Seventeen naira Question is:
Was the www.interswitchng.com server hacked;
or was it the quickteller platform that was hacked?

Hmmmmmm....

But it might just be wise to stay off the online platform till it's cleared.

An IDEA:
Instead of using your account with money as the transaction account for all these online stuffs, why not have a dedicated ONLINE account from your bank, such that you can leave a minimal amount of money on it and KEEP your hard earned big account out of the Internet world wahala.

Nice weekend.

Tony.

1 Like

Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by moderattor: 1:03pm On Apr 21, 2012
sauer: it actually was. I confirmed this a couple of minutes ago. they must have brought it back up!

Stop posting nonsense fake photoshoped pics my friend.
Go and develop your own site.
www.Interswitchng.com never went down at all.
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by yawatide(f): 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2012
Interswitch site being hacked is like PayPal's site being hacked - in "serious" countries, this would lead to the permanent loss of faith in interswitch. Are they still the big fish in the pond over there? If so, this would be the time for alternatives to sprout up.
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by doncigalo: 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2012
The website was indeed hacked !!!! [url]source http://techloy.com/2012/04/21/interswitch-hacked/[/url]

@DAFTHTML Since your the one that built the website, the blame rests solely on your head. Didnt it occur to you that if your building a website for a financial institution , SECURITY should have been your top priority.

This just goes to show that your indeed a HACK !!
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2012
balo: chkd d site jst now.
no sign of hacking.
abi interswitch don "hack" dia thing back?

before nko? so you expect it to remain like that forever?
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2012
moderattor:

Stop posting nonsense fake photoshoped pics my friend.
Go and develop your own site.
www.Interswitchng.com never went down at all.
come guy, am not posting photoshopped pic. I know better than to do that. I was once part of interswitch and still have great friends there!
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by mrperfect(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2012
This is not a plesant story.
Good is back.
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by magnumx: 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2012
Even if it is trivial to customers account details, a website tells a lot about you. This is d largest payment processing platform in nigeria for crying out.
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by babaowo: 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2012
GAB1:

.. Ogben na just 1naira ooo! Hope u happy now mr dangote?
Re: Interswitch Website Hacked by baslone: 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2012
GAB1:

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Websites That Pay You To Answer Questions Online / 20 Tangible Reasons Why You Need To Start A Blog / My Adsense Application is still under review but ads are already showing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.