Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,841 members, 7,806,364 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (197563 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by laurasmum(f): 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hi everyone, stumbled upon this thread while searching for keto diet. Been on the lifestyle for 2 months now, though I've not been Consistent. Starting weight was 96kg, current weight is 87kg. I actually prefer this way of eating cos it's not just a quick fix way of losing weight but a lifestyle. Though ull lose up to 5kg or more first wk if u are consistent. But I'm always looking out for different foods I can prepare cos I get bored eating mainly eggs and cabbage. I love eggs with mayo, actually my favourite keto meal but I need more affordable menu I can conveniently follow.

2 Likes

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 8:41am On Aug 11, 2016
laurasmum:
Hi everyone, stumbled upon this thread while searching for keto diet. Been on the lifestyle for 2 months now, though I've not been Consistent. Starting weight was 96kg, current weight is 87kg. I actually prefer this way of eating cos it's not just a quick fix way of losing weight but a lifestyle. Though ull lose up to 5kg or more first wk if u are consistent. But I'm always looking out for different foods I can prepare cos I get bored eating mainly eggs and cabbage. I love eggs with mayo, actually my favourite keto meal but I need more affordable menu I can conveniently follow.
Search for KetoChef on Facebook. A great Nigerian Keto Group. You'll interact with Nigerian Women on the Keto Lifestyle, learn new Keto Foods and recipes. Well done and Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by laurasmum(f): 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
Fvine:

Search for KetoChef on Facebook. A great Nigerian Keto Group. You'll interact with Nigerian Women on the Keto Lifestyle, learn new Keto Foods and recipes. Well done and Good luck.

Thanks! Sent a request and I've been accepted in the group!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 12:30am On Aug 13, 2016
laurasmum:

Thanks! Sent a request and I've been accepted in the group!!! grin
You're welcome. Another great page for Keto Foods on Facebook is " Keto Recipes " so you can also check out the page on Facebook. Their website is http://keto-recipes.com

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ithope2: 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is an age-old ingredient for healthy living. Drinking it can bring a number of health benefits.
There has been some research about how ACV can help you lose weight. In 2009, The Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry journal published a study finding that drinking it for just three months caused significant declines in body weight, abdominal fat, waist circumference, and triglycerides.
It can also improve heart health. The vinegar contains malic acid which clears clogged arteries, lymph nodes, and organ tissues.
When applied to the skin, it can help eliminate acne, warts, and many other skin blemishes and discolorations. A lot of people add a touch of ACV to their bathwater in order to improve the health of their skin.
Apple cider vinegar has a number of other health benefits: it treats heartburn, improves sleep quality, is a home remedy for insomnia, improves energy levels, helps with digestion, and strengthens the immune system. To order for apple cider vinegar call/watdap Segun Brown on 07033934416

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by laurasmum(f): 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
Fvine:

You're welcome. Another great page for Keto Foods on Facebook is " Keto Recipes " so you can also check out the page on Facebook. Their website is http://keto-recipes.com

Thanks a mil. U r a gem. Saw 3 "Keto Recipes" group on fb. Liked 2, the third one doesn't have any new post. Last post was in 2012. Thanks once more. I appreciate
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 9:37am On Aug 15, 2016
laurasmum:

Thanks a mil. U r a gem. Saw 3 "Keto Recipes" group on fb. Liked 2, the third one doesn't have any new post. Last post was in 2012. Thanks once more. I appreciate
Ok Dear. The one am referring to is the one that has the website I posted. That one is very active and there website have a lot. Am glad you were able to find 2 active ones plus the Keto Chef group. Happy Ketoing grin

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by markbor: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2016
I don't think you can lose weight with the weight loss program you follow. You are right, the first day is called the cheat day when you can eat whatever you like. One of the best ways to learn what you should eat is to learn what you should NOT eat. So that by a process of elimination, you’ll be much more likely to eat the foods that will give you the best results

All meals include protein, but certain meals avoid high levels of carbs and others high levels of fat. Why? The reason is two fold. First, we are avoiding combining fat and carbohydrates in a single meal because that combination leads to massive storage of fat, which is why fat and carb meals are sometimes referred to as the deadly combination..
For details you can contact me irabormark@gmail.com
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 2:50am On Aug 17, 2016
Hi everyone. Pls how do I go about loosing weight without gaining it back? What is the starting point?

I am 5.5feet tall and weigh 78kg. Therefore I need to loose roughly between 8-10kg.

I have already eliminated all sorts of sugary drinks and cold water. I have also reduced swallows and carb intake. But I still have some bellyfat to loose. I detoxed about 3months ago and I use ACV on some cycle days

Pls what do I do next?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
Oh well, where are all the mamas on this thread? Pls come back o!
Let me post my diet here for scrutiny

Stats: weighs 78kg, hoping to loose 10kg in 2 months!
Day 1: 17th Aug
Breakfast- water, 1 cucumber and snacked on tigernuts.
Afternoon- more water, 1 egg
Dinner - to make warm green veg soup with fish kiss

I hope I am on point.

* I'm on leave and at home, so I just did light exercises for 30mins.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 9:52am On Aug 18, 2016
I am very serious about this weight loss diet o
See my menu below for day2

Day 2
Breakfast: Water, 1 cucumber, lettuce, green onion, baby carrot and 1 egg

2 Likes

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by AffordableAutos: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2016
Hello all.. Lovely thread here for yur weight loss solutions can I suggest the longrich sliding tea. Listed below are some of its benefits:
*increases metabolisms of de body, thereby reducing the accumulation on fat in de body
*helps in the prevention of heart disease
*regulates glucose in de body, thereby reducing yur chances on getting diabetes... And many more benefits.
Plz for more info kindly contact me at 07069784728 thank yu.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
Day 2 continue...
Lunch: 1 egg and water, snacked on tigernuts

Dinner: 2 small sizes of boiled yam or unripe plantain and fried egg

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
Day 3:
Breakfast: cooked beans with 2tbs palm oil
Lunch: 1/2 cucumber with water
Evening: snacked on tigernuts
Dinner: Ugu veg soup with fish (2 round fish) love it! Ingredients: onion, ginger, grinded pepper and little palm oil

Also drank warm glass of ACV + BSM + water 3times today.

3 Likes

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
Thanks for liking my fertility diet/plan. grin
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 10:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
Day 4:
Breakfast: cabbage, carrot, ginger and strawberry smoothie
Lunch: 1 fish and water, tigernuts
Dinner: chicken and small jollof rice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
Day5
Breakfast: Nil
Lunch: cucumber, onion, cauliflower (Greek Salad)
Cheat day: small white bread with butter grin
Dinner: ofada rice with one piece of liver
Water melon/ carrot/pineapple/banana smoothie

I feel lighter today. Belly fat finally reducing! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 9:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
Day 6
Breakfast: nil
Lunch: Water melon and 4 round fried fish
Evening: bread and malt drink ( very hungry, quick fix)
Dinner: stirred fried mushroom oyester with garlic and carrot in a tbspn olive oil

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 12:00am On Aug 24, 2016
Day7
Breakfast: water melon
Lunch: water melon
Dinner: small amala with ugu soup, ponmo and fish

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 4:13am On Aug 24, 2016
kingsmama:
Day7
Lunch: water melon
Dinner: small amala with ugu soup, ponmo and fish

Hi, let's do this together, we can encourage each other and work together to lose weight.

First, let's start with our current weight and what is our ideal weight
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 7:25am On Aug 24, 2016
fruitfulvine:

Hi, let's do this together, we can encourage each other and work together to lose weight.
First, let's start with our current weight and what is our ideal weight

U are most welcome. I now really feel encouraged cheesy. Lets also post our diet plan at the end of each day. We are each others watchdog ;DThanks

So let me start by giving my stats. Started last week Tuesday at 78kg, height is 5feet 6inches. Plan to shed 10kg in 2 months. My ideal weight should be 70kg

At the end of the first week, I'm at 76.6kg.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
kingsmama:

U are most welcome. I now really feel encouraged cheesy. Lets also post our diet plan at the end of each day. We are each others watchdog ;DThanks
So let me start by giving my stats. Started last week Tuesday at 78kg, height is 5feet 6inches. Plan to shed 10kg in 2 months. My ideal weight should be 70kg
At the end of the first week, I'm at 76.6kg.

Hi Dear, how did your day go? yes I like the idea of posting our meals to keep each other in check and encourage each other.
So my weight at the moment is 77kg, height is 5 feet 5 inches, my ideal weight is 69 and I plan to shed 8kg in like 3 months.
Today's meal

Breakfast: Beans

Lunch : Banana and coconut smoothie

Dinner: 1 big spoon of rice and lots of veg.

Snack: peanut, also drank lots of water

we should also think of incorporating exercise or what do u think?

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
Fruitfulvine,
Had a fairly good day, how abt yours?
Nice fertility diet u got there. I'm a smoothie lover therefore I'll try urs this weekend. Exercise is an important aspect of fitness. Been doing some light ones at home. I suggest we incorporate abt 30mins exercise into our daily plan.
Our stats are almost same. That's also very cool. Now we can closely monitor each other and relate well

Day 8 goes thus:
Snacked on tigernuts
Lunch: 1 cucumber and little bread and water
Snacked: oranges
Dinner: some pcs of cake and water

Sweet toothed confession- I know I shouldn't have eaten cake but I couldn't resist it. Did running on the spot exercise for 20mins as a form of punishment. grin

N.B: started diy fertility massage today and already experiencing d joy of having a flat tummy wink

3 Likes

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by frankdoho(f): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2016
@ Fine,pls I am on antibiotics,can I do the egg fast or wait till I am done.... Fertility Blessing sss.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
Day 9
Wasn't hungry today.
Morning: water
Afternoon: water
Evening: efo riro with amala

Fruitfulvine, how's today? Were u able to do some exercise?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hi kings mama
How are you today, I'm fine n doing well
I don go buy long cane for your cake chopping cheating is allowed once in a while sha.
Hmmmmmmm I'm still struggling with starting exercise but I will hopefully start tomorrow morning

Meal for today
Breakfast: 1 70g noodles/1egg/veggie
Lunch: half litre of water melon smoothie
Dinner: 1 big wrap of moimoi and liver
Snack: garden egg and groundnut
Thanks for keeping an eye on me, wanted to eat meatpie just now until I remember I had to log

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 6:44am On Aug 27, 2016
Hi kingsmama,
where have u been?
Hope you are OK

Yesterday's meal
7am: lemon water
11am: small ball of EBA/oil less okro/fish
2pm: Fruit salad
4pm: 3 PCs of cream crackers
6pm: Big spoon of beans/fish

pls come out of your hiding, no fear cane

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twinmummy2: 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2016
@fruitfulvine n kingsmama I love your spirit in this weight loss keep it up. I want to join you people on this, my start up weight is 90kg will like to loose 15kg in 2 and 1/2 months.

Day 1. Breakfast - boiled egg 2 and acv mix with honey

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 4:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
Hi twinmummy2, we are glad to have you join us, you are starting on a good note, the key for me me is to eat everything in moderation and incoperate vegetables as much as possible, snack on fruits and healthy nuts and try to exercise for at least 30 mins. welcome again
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by kingsmama: 11:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
fruitfulvine:
Hi kingsmama,
where have u been?
Hope you are OK

pls come out of your hiding, no fear cane

My love, thanks for watching out for me
I was busy and too tired to log for the past 2 days o
How are u doing? U kw I'm with u on this journey. Been keeping up very well and I have tried to avoid getting whip by u grin
Yesterday's meal
Morning: smoothie (carrot, cabbage, lettuce, ginger and yogurt)
Snacked on tigernut
Afternoon: rice and ugu soup with fish
Dinner: smoothie (same above)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.