Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10422802 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) ... (19103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
chic2pimp:

Oya name a better Defensive Midfielder in the world atm?

No one is saying(at least I know i'm not) Sergio is the better footballer. But as far as the DM position goes, Sergio is KING.

King ko. Reverend ni.

It's like saying Victor Valdes or Gerrard Pique is king in their respective positions.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
SIRcumalot:

http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/1963670-comparing-barcelonas-yaya-toure-to-manchester-citys-yaya-toure

That should get my point across.

The link you provided summarizes the whole argument

Yaya's words himself

[size=15pt]At Barcelona it was my job to hold and organise. It was all about being focused and never losing concentration.

Now I can drop into defence or join the attack. I was limited to playing in the middle at Barcelona.[/size]

Basically Yaya himself said he lacks the discipline to play as a DM but he enjoys where he can go anywhere he wants on the field
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nihilist:

King ko. Reverend ni.

It's like saying Victor Valdes or Gerrard Pique is king in their respective positions.

I have asked you and I am asking you again

Bring out links where you googled best Keeper or defender and Valdez and Pique were either 1 or 2

I have shown you several for Busquets
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nihilist:

Abeg stop romanticizing Busquets. Put the Defensive Midfielder in a team where he actually has to Defend, before you name him king.

This your last paragraph is why Busquet will never be rated amongst the best DMs of his generation though he has won virtually everything in football. Barca is so good at possession football that Busquet doesn't "defend". Until Busquet is actually in team where his defensive abilities is tasted, he would never receive the accolades he deserves. It's the same for Valdez. He conceded least number of goals than any keeper in La Liga for so many seasons, won many titles, but in the league of highly rated GKs, Valdez is not rated.

As for comparing Busquet and Yaya, there's no issue of comparison as both play different positions for their clubs. But if I'm to choose, i won't waste a nanosecond in choosing Yaya over Busquet for any team except Barca, where i believe Busquet is best suited to their Tiki Taka.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

I have asked you and I am asking you again

Bring out links where you googled best Keeper or defender and Valdez and Pique were either 1 or 2

I have shown you several for Busquets

What stvpid links are you asking again from him. The 3 of them have won laliga best keeper, best defenders award before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LFP_Awards
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nihilist:

King ko. Reverend ni.

At their prime, no one rated either of them as the best in their respective position. Have you heard anyone call Pique the World's best centre back? Ditto Valdes? Me Neither. Abeg give credit to whom it's due.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
airmark:

What stvpid links are you asking again from him. The 3 of them have won laliga best keeper, best defenders award before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LFP_Awards

You told us Busquets has never won the best DM before.

I ask you to show us the players who won best DM since 2010.

Thats your assignment. Remember Specifically Best Defensive Midfielder

Still waiting

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
chic2pimp:

At their prime, no one rated either of them as the best in their respective position. Have you heard anyone call Pique the World's best centre back? Ditto Valdes? Me Neither. Abeg give credit to whom it's due.

I will always give Sergio his due as one of the world's best playmakers, because that's effectively what he is.

A Regista, a DLP, a younger, less-handsome Spanish Pirlo.

But he has not done anything defensively to be considered a world best Defensive Midfielder.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

Can you also say the same about Iniesta, Xavi, Messi

Have you seen them perform outside the Barca brand of football? Have you seen Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Muller Neuer perform outside the Bayern/Germany brand of football? Have you seen Terry,Lampard, Gerrard Rooney perform outside the England type of football?
This isn't not english vs spanish thing it Is coaching philosophy.
Terry and lampard have bad years under coach that didn't rate them,AVB and maybe Benitez.
I saw Iniesta and Xavi play outside the Pep renaissance am talking about the Dutch coach era can't remember his name. And they made an impression and Messi go shine anywhere.
Some players are a beneficiary of the coaching philosophy our very own Mikel is one.
Herrerra is getting shafted because of these principle and Allen followed is coach from swansea to Liverpool because of it.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Yaya Toure has now clarified himself that he left Barcelona because he lacks the positional discipline to play as a DM

At Barcelona it was my job to hold and organise. It was all about being focused and never losing concentration.

Now I can drop into defence or join the attack. I was limited to playing in the middle at Barcelona
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Terry and lampard have bad years under coach that didn't rate them,AVB and maybe Benitez.
I saw Iniesta and Xavi play outside the Pep renaissance am talking about the Dutch coach era can't remember his name. And they made an impression and Messi go shine anywhere.
Some players are a beneficiary of the coaching philosophy our very own Mikel is one.
Herrerra is getting shafted because of these principle and Allen followed is coach from swansea to Liverpool because of it.

Busquets has played under Del Bosque, Martino, Enrique and Villanova and still regarded as the best DM in Europe

Actually Xavi and Iniesta were horrible under Rijkaard if thats the one you are trying to remember

Xavi, 32, is widely regarded as one of the world's best midfield operators, but felt as though Rijkaard did not value his talents due to his diminutive stature.

"Rijkaard did not believe in me. He wanted our game to be based on a superior physical level. He believed that it was the only way to be at the same level as the top clubs in Europe," Xavi told French newspaper L'Equipe.

"Four or five years ago, I was [deemed] terrible and useless. I was Barca's cancer! A player 1,70m tall was simply impossible."
http://www.espnfc.us/story/1051576/xavi-frank-rijkaard-made-me-barcas-cancer

So talk another thing

Tell me where Xavi and Iniesta have excelled outside Barca Spain and use that in relation to Busquets
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

Mention the list of best DM by LFB since 2010

remember strictly a list of best DM

You should check it yourself illaramendi, Alonso, modric have all won it, your busquet has never won it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nihilist:

I will always give Sergio his due as one of the world's best playmakers, because that's effectively what he is.

But he has not done anything defensively to be considered a world best Defensive Midfielder.

Busquet isnot a Regista he is a pure DM. Pirlo does no Defensive work. He is a deep lying playmaker. Pirlo when exposed to attackers they eat him up because he doesnt defend To get the best out of pirlo you need real defensive midfielders to cover him

Pirlo is what a quarter back is to American football

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

The link you provided summarizes the whole argument

Yaya's words himself

[size=15pt]At Barcelona it was my job to hold and organise. It was all about being focused and never losing concentration.

Now I can drop into defence or join the attack. I was limited to playing in the middle at Barcelona.[/size]

Basically Yaya himself said he lacks the discipline to play as a DM but he enjoys where he can go anywhere he wants on the field

How did you jump from that quote to lack of discipline ?
Did you read the part that said "Many consider Yaya to be the better player"
Did you read the part that said Pep tutored Busquets and has exactly what he needed from that position ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
Sergio busquets isn't better than Mikel!!!

Jeez - I can't believe he's being praised here.

Na people like dayo go rate mascherano as one of the greatest defenders the world has ever seen.

Oga oo undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Thank Goodness you mentioned Rijkaard. Under Frank, Xavi was nowhere as highly rated as He currently is. On this board, only a few rated him back then(only Ibime springs to mind sef).
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
airmark:

You should check it yourself illaramendi, Alonso, modric have all won it, your busquet has never won it.

Is it that hard to produce a link where LPB awards best Defensive midfielders. You said Busquets has never won the La liga best defensive midfieder award which means we have such award.

Now put up or shut up
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2015
SIRcumalot:

How did you jump from that quote to lack of discipline ?
Did you read the part that said "Many consider Yaya to be the better player"
Did you read the part that said Pep tutored Busquets and has exactly what he needed from that position ?

What does this mean in football : At Barcelona it was my job to hold and organise. It was all about being focused and never losing concentration.

Now I can drop into defence or join the attack. I was limited to playing in the middle at Barcelona

Its only in Monkey Post football that a player can decide to join defence or attack during a game. He said at Barca the job was to be focused, never losing concentration and limited to playing the middle but he wanted to go anywhere play anywhere on the field

WHich is why Barca dropped him

That is positional indiscipline simple
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2015
raumdeuter:
Yaya Toure has now clarified himself that he left Barcelona because he lacks the positional discipline to play as a DM

Dayo!! Haba!! The way you dey line fit shut down Seun's server. Those lines you posted doesn't say the REASON WHY YAYA LEFT BARCA, those Yaya's words explained HIS DIFFERENT ROLES IN BARCA AND Citeh. Na wa o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

Busquet isnot a Regista he is a pure DM. Pirlo does no Defensive work. He is a deep lying playmaker. Pirlo when exposed to attackers they eat him up because he doesnt defend To get the best out of pirlo you need real defensive midfielders to cover him

Pirlo is what a quarter back is to American football

Pirlo is 36 and obviously cannot be running around as much but his defensive stats last season are not far off Busquets.(Check sqwuaka)

Says a lot really. Like Sergio, Pirlo also played for a possession hogging(though not as much as Barca)side, with Juve averaging 58% possesion last term.

You can play behind the centre circle and not be a Defensive Midfielder, ask Fabregas, Pirlo, and Sergio Busquets.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
sinizia:

Dayo!! Haba!! The way you dey line fit shut down Seun's server. Those lines you posted doesn't say the REASON WHY YAYA LEFT BARCA, those Yaya's words explained HIS DIFFERENT ROLES IN BARCA AND Citeh. Na wa o.

At Barcelona it was my job to hold and organise. It was all about being focused and never losing concentration.

His role Barca was the above and he was shipped out for a rookie. Why? Because Toure sucked at it. Barca wanted someone who can hold, organize, doesnt lose concentraion (e.g get attracted to the ball and abandon his position aka discipline).

He now plays at City where he can decide to go anywhere he wants on the field attack or defence
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

Is it that hard to produce a link where LPB awards best Defensive midfielders. You said Busquets has never won the La liga best defensive midfieder award which means their is such award.

Now put up or shut up

grin grin grin keep shifting post, just last year, Modric was also voted best dm and your world best DM cheesy, pussyquets has been in laliga since 2009, never won it. Confirm it in the link below. Mr link. grin grin grin

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2014/10/27/5547701/ronaldo-voted-la-ligas-best-player-at-lfp-awards

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
Dadehmola:
Sergio busquets isn't better than Mikel!!!

Jeez - I can't believe he's being praised here.

Na people like dayo go rate mascherano as one of the greatest defenders the world has ever seen.

Oga oo undecided

You be banned for saying Busquet is not better than Mikel.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nihilist:

Pirlo is 36 and obviously cannot be running around as much but his defensive stats are not far off Busquets.(Check sqwuaka)

Says a lot really. Like Sergio, Pirlo also played for a possession hogging(though not as much as Barca)side, with Juve averaging 58% possesion last term.

You can play behind the centre circle and not be a Defensive Midfielder, ask Fabregas, Pirlo, and Sergio Busquets.

Pirlo was not born as a 36yr old. when at Milan he wasnt 36

Pirlo from his Milan days over a decade ago has been like that never doing any defensive work and getting Gattuso and Ambrosini to cover him while he does the play making job from the back
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
If the link above me is true, and Modric was voted the best Defensive Midfielder in la liga last season, then it makes my point very well for me.

That you can be rated highly as a DM based on your offensive and passing prowess, and not your actual defensive ability.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

Barca wanted someone who can hold, organize, doesnt lose concentraion

so who lost concentration in the video below? You be mumu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5EZTx1IhGY
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nihilist:

World's best playmaker bawo? When have you ever seen him totally dominate a football game? His job is to protect the back four. He also recycles his team's possesion and gives it to his more talented teammates

What else do you want him to do to show that He is the numero uno as far as the DM position is concerned? Lay a Golden Egg? C'mon brah
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 3:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

His role Barca was the above and he was shipped out for a rookie. Why? Because Toure sucked at it. Barca wanted someone who can hold, organize, doesnt lose concentraion (e.g get attracted to the ball and abandon his position aka discipline).

He now plays at City where he can decide to go anywhere he wants on the field attack or defence

You still haven't shown me in your write-up where either Barca or Yaya said "Yaya was sold because ...blah blah blah." He explained his roles for both clubs in those lines, he NEVER said why Barca sold him in those words.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

Pirlo was not born as a 36yr old. when at Milan he wasnt 36

Pirlo from his Milan days over a decade ago has been like that never doing any defensive work and getting Gattuso and Ambrosini to cover him while he does the play making job from the back

How does this negate what I said in anyway?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
airmark:

grin grin grin keep shifting post, just last year, Modric was also voted best dm and your world best DM cheesy, pussyquets has been in laliga since 2009, never won it. Confirm it in the link below. Mr link. grin grin grin

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2014/10/27/5547701/ronaldo-voted-la-ligas-best-player-at-lfp-awards

Give us the past 5 winners of the best DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS of the La Liga we are waiting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nihilist:
If the link above me is true, and Modric was voted the best Defensive Midfielder in la liga last season, then it makes my point very well for me.

That you can be rated highly as a DM based on your offensive and passing prowess, and not your actual defensive ability.

Before nko, no team put a stagnant , lazy a.zz diver as DM anymore. That's why Sergio busquit has not won it. His type should be playing for ranchers bees.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nihilist:

How does this negate what I said in anyway?

Pirlo played for different teams in his career and even when he was young he was never a DM he always had DM cover him. WHo were the DM covering Busquets if you claim he plays the same as Pirlo

(1) (2) (3) ... (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) ... (19103) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: popizaino(m), BlueMann, toluxe0075 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.