Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10374661 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) ... (19064) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:04am On Aug 23, 2015
nateevs:

Oya by your own logic, where has Thierry Henry performed in a final stealing the show?
Now show us how the presence or lack of that event has affected his individual awards.

Personally I dont rate Henry very high. He is a legend to Premiership lovers who swallow the hype.

He simply tagged along the French side and when he was expected to step up and lead the team he flopped until Zidane came to rescue them.

henry is a good footballer not a great and his performances in some clutch, career defining moments of his career would always count against him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:05am On Aug 23, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Wetin the Englishman do you ?
Not everything german or associated with germany is great,
Am certain the way the english press hype up their players is the same in germany it only seem over blown because of the language and league popularity.

Not everything the German do is great thats why I dont regard Per Mertersacker as a great defender. But pound for pound there are way better players from germany than you would ever find in England in every single position
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:18am On Aug 23, 2015
Katsumoto:

I need to explain deduction reasoning to you SMDH

Shake am well, because you did nt use that head when you rated boatank higher than Terry at his peak. Forgotten you had condemned the weakling earlier as not one of the best defenders in the world. Let me remind you how Oscar sodomised him in the world cup when he is still in his peak, aged 26.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRwohp9T_l4
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:18am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Personally I dont rate Henry very high. He is a legend to Premiership lovers who swallow the hype.

He simply tagged along the French side and when he was expected to step up and lead the team he flopped until Zidane came to rescue them.

henry is a good footballer not a great and his performances in some clutch, career defining moments of his career would always count against him

I don't want to be confrontational but this post contains so much crap.

Henry is good not great.

Henry is not clutch for France.

Henry did not perform in a final so he is not great.

Dayo please just retire.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:21am On Aug 23, 2015
A40:

Euro 2000 Henry was France's highest goalscorer and scored in the semis that they won 2-1

Germany 2006 Henry was France's highest goalscorer and scored the lone goal that sent his country to the semis

John Racist has never helped his team past the quarter-final of any major tournament for his country, so how does the comparison with Henry come about?

Baba na WC I ask you about. I no mention Euros. Tell me what Henry's contribution was in the WC (tournament and final) seeing as you mentioned it to make a point.

Then proceed to tell me how Shevchenko has "helped" his team past the QF of a major tournament for his country. And let me spare you the time of coming back with the "Football Powerhouse" thing. Tell us how Dennis Bergkamp may be considered less of a football great as he never won WC, Euros or CL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

You dont know the media can influence perception and award. You know David Beckham was once a WPOTY runner up?
Have you forgotten how we heard about the invincible power of average players like Joe Cole, SWP, Adam Lallana, Andy Carrol and other half baked English footballers without a proper football education? At the peak of these so called Golden generation around 2006, After the 2006 world cup, You realize Owen Hargreaves the only foreign based in their midst was standout performer of the world cup and the others were seen to be just a little better than 2nd division players

Actually with the awards count Terry would be rather higher than Baresi, Costacurta

Even though I still think Ferdinand is mediocre, he is still better than John Terry
The irony about the 2006 WC is that Terry was the only non-semifinalist to be named in the official team of the tournament. To be fair, though, Hargreaves wouldn't have displaced the likes of Zidane, Gattuso, Pirlo or Schweinsteiger in the All-star team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Katsumoto: 12:23am On Aug 23, 2015
airmark:

Shake am well, because you did nt use that head when you rated boatank higher than Terry at his peak. Forgotten you had condemned the weakling earlier as not one of the best defenders in the world. Let me remind you how Oscar sodomised him in the world cup when he is still in his peak, aged 26.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRwohp9T_l4

Are some of you so ill-trained that you don't know how to be civil?

Just ignore my posts if you can't be civil.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 12:27am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Not everything the German do is great thats why I dont regard Per Mertersacker as a great defender. But pound for pound there are way better players from germany than you would ever find in England in every single position
Then you just make all this statement simply for their shock value.
Above me now you,basically just caLled henry overrated.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:29am On Aug 23, 2015
nateevs:

Baba na WC I ask you about. I no mention Euros. Tell me what Henry's contribution was in the WC (tournament and final) seeing as you mentioned it to make a point.

Then proceed to tell me how Shevchenko has "helped" his team past the QF of a major tournament for his country. And let me spare you the time of coming back with the "Football Powerhouse" thing. Tell us how Dennis Bergkamp may be considered less of a football great as he never won WC, Euros or CL.

Pedro has won everything that Messi has won...plus World Cup and Euros.

Pedro is also not from a traditional 'footballing power' like Messi.

Goetze has scored in World Cup Final. Messi has not.

Therefore Pedro>>Messi. Goetze >>Messi.

It's like sometimes NEPA takes light in Dayo's head.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:29am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

This is your opinion. Popular opinion says otherwise. Your are evading the task here. I request to apply your long argued logic to TH's football profile. Show us where TH performed in a final. Now tell us how the presence or lack of performance affected his individual awards and/or why he should be considered less of a great.

Now you are saying TH tagged along (which I believe by the way). But when your German buddie was using a "Henry WC winner" as an argument, you face front. Does your buddie know he tagged along?

You both are having arguments of convenience.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:41am On Aug 23, 2015
Katsumoto:

Are some of you so ill-trained that you don't know how to be civil?

Just ignore my posts if you can't be civil.

Then stop trolling here, we have better issues on Chelsea we were discussing than boatank. Dayo and co have been disturbing us with this issue and we have ignored him recently only for you to come and re-ignite it. It's annoying and trolls deserve no respect.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ewosk: 12:45am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Like those you mentioned have dominated CL and world Cup final

We are still waiting for the day terry would show up in an important continental game

Show us the award of Tony Adams or Costacurta or Desailly

Desailly's

UEFA Euro 1996 Team of the Tournament
1998 FIFA World Cup All-Star Team
UEFA Euro 2000 Team of the Tournament

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 23, 2015
If una like agure till jesus comes

It won't stop westbrom from hosting a party on this thread by latest 3:00pm tomorrow

Good night shekpe fans

grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Katsumoto: 12:51am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Even AndreUweh show face today

Katsumoto shey na you hide am before?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:43am On Aug 23, 2015
Nihilist:
I don't want to be confrontational but this post contains so much crap.
Henry is good not great.
Henry is not clutch for France.
Henry did not perform in a final so he is not great.
Dayo please just retire.

I am not your typical media wh0re football fan, I watch games and I see the players myself.

I saw Henry from Monaco till Juve till Arsenal and for the French team and the honest truth is Henry is overrated

His performances are only for Arsenal and when we check his delivery at key moments for Arsenal he flopped badly

Anyone who watched e.g the FA cup final vs Liverpool, The UEFA cup final vs Galatasaray and even the CL final vs Barcelona would know Henry choked in these games and cost his team the trophies

Now lets go to international tournaments for France, henry was basically a tag-along he was never the crunch guy to go to

France 98 beyond the group stages Henry didnt score a single goal nor do anything of note. He scored vs South Africa and Saudi Arabia
He didnt even start any of the quarter semi or finals

Euro 2000 He had an okay performace but the finals he was woeful. I mean woeful. I lost count of the number of times when he played aimless shots from the left wing when he faced Canavaro and Toldo was just picking the ball for fun. If France were to have depended on henry that night, they would have lost

World cup 2002. Henry at the peak of his powers just topped scorers chart in England. Zidane injured, The team looked up to him for leadership and Hnry couldnt get a single goal vs Senegal, Denmark and Uruguay

Euro 2004. This was another Henry at his peak yet he huffed and puffed all through and Zidane even at his old age was the hero once again bailing the team out vs England and other key games until they were knocked out

World cup 2006 again showed Henry's limitation and it was these old players Zidane, Makelele that carried the team until Zizou got his red card.
Though Henry was the scorer vs Brazil, Zidanes performance of that night was one for the ages a masterclass

Euro 2008, No Zidane Now Henry needs to lead the French and they crashed out of the group stages shamefully

World cup 2010, the less said the better

But according to the media, Henry is a legend according to crunch games played he was a flop

World cup he won as a tag-along I would name 5-7 players more important, Euro same thing he wasnt a top 3 performer and maybe not top 5, CL he won with Barca he was just another team member. not the top 5 either

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:48am On Aug 23, 2015
CFCfan:

The irony about the 2006 WC is that Terry was the only non-semifinalist to be named in the official team of the tournament. To be fair, though, Hargreaves wouldn't have displaced the likes of Zidane, Gattuso, Pirlo or Schweinsteiger in the All-star team

Tats where you separate the power of the media from the real performances
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:49am On Aug 23, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Then you just make all this statement simply for their shock value.
Above me now you,basically just caLled henry overrated.

Henry was overrated simple. Read my post above and you are free to counter in anyway with facts

Henry shone for Arsenal basically in the league, when it gets to crunch times, he disappears

But this isnt about Henry its about another overrated player John Terry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:51am On Aug 23, 2015
Nihilist:
Pedro has won everything that Messi has won...plus World Cup and Euros.

Pedro is also not from a traditional 'footballing power' like Messi.

Goetze has scored in World Cup Final. Messi has not.

Therefore Pedro>>Messi. Goetze >>Messi.

It's like sometimes NEPA takes light in Dayo's head.

In any of those wins where would Pedro rank in the team? Top 3 or top 5, Without Boateng Germany doesnt win that world cup and would have lost it way long before 90mins

Without Terry Chelsea actually win trophies the greatest trophies Chelsea have won, the greatest games Chelsea have played in the past decades have been without Terry

Below is a 6min clip of Boateng in the final Dont even go through everything go to 1.24, 1.43, 2.02, 2.25, 3.40 and especially 3.55 with one of the best forwards in the game Aguero having a free run on the German goal from the half way line at exactly 90min game still 0-0.

Thats when you know top players not the ones who shine in some games in the league. I wont rate Boateng for what he does vs Hamburg in week 2 or vs Frankfurt in week 23 of the league or World cup group matches vs Iran and Togo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1SkXGrTFOc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:04am On Aug 23, 2015
nateevs:
This is your opinion. Popular opinion says otherwise. Your are evading the task here. I request to apply your long argued logic to TH's football profile. Show us where TH performed in a final. Now tell us how the presence or lack of performance affected his individual awards and/or why he should be considered less of a great.

Now you are saying TH tagged along (which I believe by the way). But when your German buddie was using a "Henry WC winner" as an argument, you face front. Does your buddie know he tagged along?

You both are having arguments of convenience.

WHats the point of me watching football and still talking of popular opinion. Popular opinion rates Beckham as world class I think otherwise
Talking about weak argument, this would take the cake

Why should I be held responsible for what anyone says? He has his reasons and I have mine. That we agree on Terry doesnt mean we agree on everything in life

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:45am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

If a world Cup or CL final was easy to dominate John Terrible would have done it

Show us one major final Terry dominated

Boateng didn't dominate any final. He was just another team member.

JT made fifas TOTT in 2006 although England crashed out in quarter finals. Boateng couldn't make it even when his team won the cup.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:58am On Aug 23, 2015
A40:

I'm not the only one doing the cussing so if you won't be balanced and impartial then just try dey your lane

What is the criteria for voting MOTM? Can you tell us?

How many MOTM and TOT awards has Busquets won? How many PFA's and player of the month did Makelele win?

Germany only conceded two goals under Boa-TANK's watch one of the goals his team was 7 goals up.

Under whose watch?! Hahahaha...

Abeg stop making me laugh here. This must be the joke of the century.

So Mats Hummels was sleeping when your Boateng was keeping watch? Lol..

Go and google TOTT and see if ANY WEBSITE place Boateng above Hummels in the CB position. Post the link here if you see any.

Hahahaha.... Under Boateng's watch indeed!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:06am On Aug 23, 2015
timbros:

Boateng didn't dominate any final. He was just another team member.

JT made fifas TOTT in 2006 although England crashed out in quarter finals. Boateng couldn't make it even when his team won the cup.

Did you watch the final? That's the only question I have to ask
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:35am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Did you watch the final? That's the only question I have to ask

No. I read of it in the newspaper.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:37am On Aug 23, 2015
timbros:
No. I read of it in the newspaper.

I suggest you watch it and see how the TANK bossed the final, something John Terry has never done in his whole life
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 5:47am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Henry was overrated simple. Read my post above and you are free to counter in anyway with facts

Henry shone for Arsenal basically in the league, when it gets to crunch times, he disappears

But this isnt about Henry its about another overrated player John Terry
Crunch time performance is a small sample to judge a player on,it disregards all the heroics of said player that lead his team to the final.
Is ronaldinho or CR7 weak because their final UCL performance wasn't so good ?
Still I think henry steps up in the big moments and Terry has saved chelsea so many times.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:51am On Aug 23, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Crunch time performance is a small sample to judge a player on,it disregards all the heroics of said player that lead his team to the final.
Is ronaldinho or CR7 weak because their final UCL performance wasn't so good ?
Still I think henry steps up in the big moments and Terry has saved chelsea so many times.

CR7 as much as I dont like him was his countries best player in Euro 2004, 2012 and World cup 2006. He scored Man Utd only goal in the 2008 CL final

Which big moments has Henry or Terry stepped up both are over 30yrs and have at least 5 National team tournaments under their belts plus over a decade of consistent CL appearance

Crunch time is what distinguishes big players from mediocre ones. Any WIlson can score a hat trick vs West Ham in a league game

If your team makes multiple finals and you consistently flop in these finals or be absent like Terry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:59am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Tats where you separate the power of the media from the real performances
so who are you in football world to know better.
You come here dey argue baseless argument. England national team as a whole have been poor in tournament, how is that Terry's fault huh. Football is a team sport not federa vs nadal. Ferdnand, scholes, Neville couldn't do jack as well. Why I will agree with you about Henry's average performance for country is that France national team won trophies then and Henry didn't do much in them but still he was a world class player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:02am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

CR7 as much as I dont like him was his countries best player in Euro 2004, 2012 and World cup 2006. He scored Man Utd only goal in the 2008 CL final

Which big moments has Henry or Terry stepped up both are over 30yrs and have at least 5 National team tournaments under their belts plus over a decade of consistent CL appearance

Crunch time is what distinguishes big players from mediocre ones. Any WIlson can score a hat trick vs West Ham in a league game

If your team makes multiple finals and you consistently flop in these finals or be absent like Terry
any Wilson can score hat trick in WC final remember this is football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

I suggest you watch it and see how the TANK bossed the final, something John Terry has never done in his whole life
He bossed the final yet he wasn't named man if the match, he was not named among player of the tournament. Only ignorant and sentimental people rate boateng above terry but thank God majority of this people are Nigerians, same reason their country is backward after trillions of naira gotten from oil over the years, a country that operate with hatred, sentiment and nepotism. Team win trophies while players win individual award to distinguish their individual brilliance in a competition. In 2006, England as a team failed to lift the trophy but JT's individual brilliance was recognized .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:22am On Aug 23, 2015
timbros:

Under whose watch?! Hahahaha...

Abeg stop making me laugh here. This must be the joke of the century.

So Mats Hummels was sleeping when your Boateng was keeping watch? Lol..

Go and google TOTT and see if ANY WEBSITE place Boateng above Hummels in the CB position. Post the link here if you see any.

Hahahaha.... Under Boateng's watch indeed!
You dey mind that one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:49am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

First thing Laurent Blanc got to Man Utd when he was all but washed up and most people including me actually laughed at Laurent Blanc acquisition then. Its like saying George Weah, Nando Hierro were mediocre when they came to England

Terry was good yet didnt fit into AVB plans and was the one of those who campaigned against the Portuguese

Does Franco Baresi have the pace to play highline in modern day football?

Jerome Boateng must be better than Franco Baresi. QED.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:00am On Aug 23, 2015
A40:

He is a product of English hype. He has not only played in ultra-defensive system but also been fortunate to have exceptionally good defensive partners

When he had to play in a more expansive setup we all saw the result, John Terry became a laughing stock

Henry is a WC and Euro winner, scratch FA cup finals we are talking about major Finals in International competitions, Drogba's record is 1/4. Terry is not Henry so I don't quite get the analogy

He has not just been Fortunate, He was a key component of those defences. I know you see individual awards as nothing more than popularists opinions(i do at times) but you also should consider the fact that these said nominees must have done/or be doing something right to have their names mentioned in the first place.

Regarding my Henry/Terry analogy, have a good look at Nateev's post. He explains it fully. Also FA cup is a major international competition abeg. It might not be one here on NL, but around the world, it is still highly rated and watched.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) ... (19064) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.