Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10420456 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) ... (19101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 9:11am On Aug 23, 2015
Today marks Jose mourinho 300 management games and two years we signed willian.....

To post management pictures soon ... cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2015
Can't wait for Pedro to play. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:25am On Aug 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

You dont know the media can influence perception and award. You know David Beckham was once a WPOTY runner up?
Have you forgotten how we heard about the invincible power of average players like Joe Cole, SWP, Adam Lallana, Andy Carrol and other half baked English footballers without a proper football education? At the peak of these so called Golden generation around 2006, After the 2006 world cup, You realize Owen Hargreaves the only foreign based in their midst was standout performer of the world cup and the others were seen to be just a little better than 2nd division players

Actually with the awards count Terry would be rather higher than Baresi, Costacurta

Even though I still think Ferdinand is mediocre, he is still better than John Terry

Yes David was runner up in 99 and imo It was fully deserved. His performances during united's treble winning season that year were outstanding. You know how you love to bang on about "What were his contribution in the final"? Guess what? He created both of Utd's goal that night.

Stop making up stories. The only player that got any sort of hype in that list of yours was Joe Cole. If those players were as lowly rated as you claim, pray tell why was JT in the team of the tournament? And don't use the same ol' excuse of media hype again. It's stale now.

If performances in worldcup finals were the only way to judge players, then Casillas is 3 times the player Ollie Khan was.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:31am On Aug 23, 2015
timbros:

Under whose watch?! Hahahaha...

Abeg stop making me laugh here. This must be the joke of the century.

So Mats Hummels was sleeping when your Boateng was keeping watch? Lol..

Go and google TOTT and see if ANY WEBSITE place Boateng above Hummels in the CB position. Post the link here if you see any.

Hahahaha.... Under Boateng's watch indeed!
Under Boa-TANK's watch!!

Germany conceded the same number of goals when Boa-TANK and Hummels were on the pitch but Boa-TANK played a lot more minutes. If it were down to Hummels alone Germany would have lost that Final

I have told you before that I don't give a rat's a$$ about TOTT. David Lulz whose defence leaked 10 goals in 2 games made the list so that destroyed every ounce of credibility it could have
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:40am On Aug 23, 2015
nateevs:

Baba na WC I ask you about. I no mention Euros. Tell me what Henry's contribution was in the WC (tournament and final) seeing as you mentioned it to make a point.

Then proceed to tell me how Shevchenko has "helped" his team past the QF of a major tournament for his country. And let me spare you the time of coming back with the "Football Powerhouse" thing. Tell us how Dennis Bergkamp may be considered less of a football great as he never won WC, Euros or CL.
Euros is a major International tournament so it definitely counts

I have listed Henry's contribution for you in the previous posts. Please refer to them

Secondly John Racist is yet to even get to the Semi-finals of any national tournament so that disqualifies your juxtaposition with Henry. Intoto

Shevchenko is not from a footballing power state. They made their first WC in 2006! Haven't gotten there since Comparing Ukraine to England is Pass Interference. Plus Shevchenko actually helped his team to a CL, Chelsea won theirs in John Racist's absence

Dennis Bergkamp is a great in his own right but in the lower tier of greats, you need a major international title to be in that discussion. The rest is all sentiments and fantasies
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:00am On Aug 23, 2015
chic2pimp:

He has not just been Fortunate, He was a key component of those defences. I know you see individual awards as nothing more than popularists opinions(i do at times) but you also should consider the fact that these said nominees must have done/or be doing something right to have their names mentioned in the first place.
It seems the entire nation of England can never be fortunate. It seems like its karma for their epic heist in 66
(Not like I believe in karma anyway, just believe they can't hack it)

I don't judge players on individual awards, I look at wins and the roles the players played in them. Some players will retire and never get their due credit others will be severely overrated
and get more than they deserve. The denominator is how much success have you been able to help your club and country achieve. The Boa-TANK has helped his club and country to 4 International titles in 3 years. If such a player is yet to win an individual award then individual awards count for zilch.

chic2pimp:

Regarding my Henry/Terry analogy, have a good look at Nateev's post. He explains it fully. Also FA cup is a major international competition abeg. It might not be one here on NL, but around the world, it is still highly rated and watched.
You should never use Henry to defend John Racist, their paths are not the same. Henry might not have shone at Finals but he at least helped his team there, John Racist was sent off when Chelsea were down 2-0 and missed the UCL Final, Chelsea won it in his absence. Henry has a Euro and WC title, John Racist has not gotten to the semis of either tournament. Gigantic difference

The FA cup is a local competition. I don't care how rated it is its still not an international tournament. Only teams from England can play in it. No?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 10:09am On Aug 23, 2015
@Ramdeuter did u just call Rio "Weed man" Ferdinand a mediocre player? na crayfish u smoke so? undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:19am On Aug 23, 2015
PLEASE YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP DIS KINDERGARTEN ARGUMENTS. NO MATTER WHAT, DAYO WOULDNT CHANGE HIS ST*PID VIEWS!! JUST IGNORE!!!!!!! PLS

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 10:24am On Aug 23, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. This is where you have been hiding, big Katz. I agree with you about Terry. But in as much as Terry is grossly overrated - Boateng is also a product of scheme/system. The both of them are birds of a feather.

England has only produced two world class central defenders - Ferdinand and Sol Campbell to an extent. Then maybe Tony Adams and Terry Butcher. Terry on the other hand so many vulnerabilities. He had Carvalho and Makelele for a long time. And Matic last season. If you want to know how rubbish Terry is - just get a direct or powerful striker with pace to go at him. But what he lacks in defensive abilities - he makes up for it with his heart and commitment. He can also get you goals in dead ball situations. I actually rate Ivanovic as a central defender higher than Terry, tbh.

Boateng also has so many vulnerabilities and he is far from a world class defender. It is basically just like comparing two second rate defenders - pointless really.
gbam!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:43am On Aug 23, 2015
Nihilist:

Pedro has won everything that Messi has won...plus World Cup and Euros.

Pedro is also not from a traditional 'footballing power' like Messi.

Goetze has scored in World Cup Final. Messi has not.

Therefore Pedro>>Messi. Goetze >>Messi.
Pedro does not even start for Spain. He is a spare-tire

Boa-TANK is not a spare-tire

Messi has helped his team to a Final. John Racist has not gotten that far, John Racist does not have multiple CL medals

Compare like for like Bros
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2015
#Fact

No matter how great Michael Jackson was,there r sm ppl that thinks he was a mediocre musician.

What matters is the majority that sees him as the king of pop.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 11:05am On Aug 23, 2015
parrotibaba:
#Fact

No matter how great Michael Jackson was,there r sm ppl that thinks he was a mediocre musician.

What matters is the majority that sees him as the king of pop.

Na lie, nobody will ever think Michael is a mediocre musician, they'll always think there were/are other artistes better than him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shymm3x: 11:06am On Aug 23, 2015
parrotibaba:
gbam!!

Lol. Is that what folks sit on here everyday and argue about? Comparing a Terry that is more or less Puyol (another rubbish defender with a lot of heart) and Campo to a Boateng that is more or less Materazzi. Two lousy defenders but still 2nd rate.

If you have ever seen the likes of Hierro, Ayala, Sammer, Baresi et al play - you won't even waste time talking about the both of them lol.

Oi Katsumoto, shout me. I just wanted to ask you about the best time to go to Brazil on holz.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vivalavida99(f): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2015
Bimffo:
Can't wait for Pedro to play. cool
Me too! cheesy

It's unfortunate this thread has been reduced to Terry - Boateng debate, it's becoming so boring. angry embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2015
A40:

Dennis Bergkamp is a great in his own right but in the lower tier of greats, you need a major international title to be in that discussion. The rest is all sentiments and fantasies

What the hell do you mean by lower tier of greats? Have I stumbled on the wrong argument? I could have sworn this whole thing came from a logic used to describe Boateng. Is Boateng a great now?

Help me here. So Dennis Bergkamp, Ballon d'Or 3rd place and 2nd place back to back years cannot be considered in this discussion because he hasn't won a major international title but Boateng can? shocked shocked

I am out mate. I have little time for NL these days and cannot be spending it on arguments like these.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 23, 2015
Vivalavida99:

Me too! cheesy

It's unfortunate this thread has been reduced to Terry - Boateng debate, it's becoming so boring. angry embarassed
very boring..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2015
Mikel VS Ramirez......who is more useless to this team?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 11:57am On Aug 23, 2015
Mourinholic:

Mikel
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by parrotibaba(m): 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
dopeJemi:

Na lie, nobody will ever think Michael is a mediocre musician, they'll always think there were/are other artistes better than him
bros u can't speak for everyone ,this is something that I hv witnessed myself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
timbros:

Boateng didn't dominate any final. He was just another team member.

JT made fifas TOTT in 2006 although England crashed out in quarter finals. Boateng couldn't make it even when his team won the cup.
Let us get to this TOTT you have been on about ad nauseaum. I would even sidestep the fact that he had no business being on the list to begin with but let's take a cursory glance at the teams John Racist faced

Paraguay
Trinidad and Tobago
Sweden
Ecuador

It is lol-worthy that anyone would brag about performances against any of these teams listed above

In 2010 he was DESTROYED by a Thomas Mueller who could not even legally buy beer. Is that who you are comparing to Boa-TANK?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
parrotibaba:
bros u can't speak for everyone ,this is something that I hv witnessed myself.

I go speak for everyone oh, those people wey you meet wey talk that thing dey crase for head undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by phiszo(m): 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
mod should start banning all this trolls discussing non-chelsea topics. it's making thread boring
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
phiszo:
mod should start banning all this trolls discussing non-chelsea topics. it's making thread boring

What have you contributed to this thread since it was created?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
Mourinholic:

Mikel.

If not for any other thing, Ramires pops in some crazy goals once in a while.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vivalavida99(f): 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
This just in team news -

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
Chestar5:
Today marks Jose mourinho 300 management games and two years we signed willian.....

To post management pictures soon ... cheesy
Bae, we are waiting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tick(m): 12:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
Vivalavida99:
Chelsea predicted XI v West Brom:
Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Zouma, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Hazard, Pedro; Falcao.
Actual lineup Chelsea v West Brom:
Courtois; Ivanovic, Terry, Zouma, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Hazard, Pedro; Costa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Chelsea FC
@ ChelseaFC
11m
Chelsea team v West Brom: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma,
Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Pedro, Willian,
Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

Who else is delighted to see Willian and Pedro together in the starting line up smileysmiley

I think we gonna score goals today and get a clean sheet.

We are motivated!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vivalavida99(f): 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
tick:

Actual lineup Chelsea v West Brom:
Courtois; Ivanovic, Terry, Zouma, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Hazard, Pedro; Costa

Edited**
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 12:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
Chelseafan1:
Chelsea FC
@ ChelseaFC
11m
Chelsea team v West Brom: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma,
Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Pedro, Willian,
Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

Who else us delighted to see Willian and Pedro together in the starting line up smileysmiley

I think we gonna score goals today and get a clean sheet.

We are motivated!!!
Counter attack will be orgasmic.......
Mourinho didn't want to let Iva feel dejected, that's why he didn't bench him for a newbie......
But of course who cares about Ramirez feelings
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Up chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
I knew he won't use Baba Rahman....
and I fucking tired and pissed off seeing Azpi at that position.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) ... (19101) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.