Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1605) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10379817 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1602) (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) ... (19066) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Porto on their website never said they won a treble. UEFA never said they won a treble
I don't want to know what UEFA said.. . Porto won lig cup UEFA cup and their FA cup,... The three is a treble that you can't take away from the minds of people

But like I said if you don't want it to count, go to Porto and remove their treble

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

When Gerrard was forced away from CM his team came back from a 3-0 deficit Gerrard dug them into and won the CL

WHen Scholes was forced away from CM and Gerrard was played. What did that team win? Kindly remind me

Would you like an extra straw for that army of straw men?

If being shifted wide is an example of Gerrard's uselessness, then Scholes must be more useless as Gerrard shifted him wide!

That's your logic...and I actually agree with it viz a viz Scholes

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Would you like an extra straw for that army of straw men?

If being shifted wide is an example of Gerrard's uselessness, then Scholes must be more useless as Gerrard shifted him wide!

That's your logic...and I actually agree with it viz a viz Scholes

If a coach plays Messi as a defender and still lose, How is that a point to make?

They made gerrard CM and everytime the team suffered. In the CL final until he was taken away before the team could win
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nihilist:

If you read the article that you posted, you would have read where it stated that Gerrard had played 65% of all his games for Liverpool in central midfield...and that was in 2008

If you consider that he spent most of his last 4-5 seasons in the middle of the park for Liverpool...your own article is arguing against you cheesy
Did you read that part where he said he has played everywhere aside from the goal for pool ? Even you yourself listed three position for steve G 10/CM/DM depend on formation those all play centrally
Pull up the wikipedia page of any of his mates and their position is well defined.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

If a coach plays Messi as a defender and still lose, How is that a point to make?

They made gerrard CM and everytime the team suffered. In the CL final until he was taken away before the team could win

May be gerrard was made to be sleeping on the bench when liverpool ended barca's unbeaten run in nou camp, in 2007 too. Coming from someone who tagged gerrard error-proned but would never see that in boatank.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BarcaBlood: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nihilist:

A midfielder like Busquets is really just the same as a midfielder like Mikel

Oh my God shocked this is blasphemy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
airmark:

May be gerrard was made to be sleeping on the bench when liverpool ended barca's unbeaten run in nou camp, in 2007 too. Coming from someone who tagged gerrard error-proned but would never see that in boatank.

Thats why I would always be your football god

Let me educate you as usual. Gerrard was taken away from CM in that game and Sissoko and Alonso were the preferred CM combination

Throughout that season Mascherano, Alonso were the preffered CM pairing and when one not available Sissoko would replace them

Gerrard display in midfield was a total disaster

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Did you read that part where he said he has played everywhere aside from the goal for pool ? Even you yourself listed three position for steve G 10/CM/DM depend on formation those all play centrally
Pull up the wikipedia page of any of his mates and their position is well defined.

I genuinely don't understand what point you are trying to make here.

Nobody argued that Gerrard did not play in other positions. Infact in I think my first response to Dayo on this issue I stated how versatile Gerrard was. His debut for Liverpool was at Left Back.

This was the uninformed statement you made which I challenged stating that Gerrard played most of his career in central areas
SIRcumalot:

Gerrard was moved around a lot because he wasn't good enough to hold down one position.

The article you posted clearly stated that Gerrard had at the time played 65% of his games for Liverpool in the centre of the park which clearly negates the absurd assertion that Gerrard could not hold down one position. If you are playing 65% of 400 games in central midfield, then how can anyone say that you did not hold down a place?

I think the reason for your gaffe lies in my argument that Gerrard pushing Scholes wide is a testament to the former's superiority. What you seemed to have missed was that argument did not exist in isolation, but was also combined with comparative analysis of their output and individual Honours.

incase you forgot...Scholes started off as a support striker for Manyoo and continued to drop deeper until he played the deep lying playmaker role at his retirement. Between Support Striker and DLP he also played as a left winger for Man United.

If we are to use your logic, we will consign Scholes to further ignominy. Iniesta is another central midfielder that has played for extended periods on the wing...He too must be useless.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Is Gerrard a Chelsea player or has he Ever played for Chelsea??
Why is this Arguments taking place here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
SailorXY:

Jam-body, busy body & camera kissing.
grin grin

Steven Gerrard has kissed more cameras than trophies in his entire career!! Fact!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Thats why I would always be your football god

Let me educate you as usual. Gerrard was taken away from CM in that game and Sissoko and Alonso were the preferred CM combination

Throughout that season Mascherano, Alonso were the preffered CM pairing and when one not available Sissoko would replace them

Gerrard display in midfield was a total disaster

You must have watched another game, may be in your dream. Against barcelona in ucl 2007, gerrard played as CM. Just keep watching your burnthisleaguedown. Wont be surprised if you claim pogba is not a CM.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
airmark:

You must have watched another game, may be in your dream. Against barcelona in ucl 2007, gerrard played as CM. Just keep watching your burnthisleaguedown. Wont be surprised if you claim pogba is not a CM.

Stick to liking posts and gifs cos it seems football is above your head

Everyone knew Gerrard was moved away from the CM position by Benitez. You see Sissoko and Alonso in a lineup still dey talk say Gerrard played CM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Lampard is Kick and Follow?

Don't even go there....

We are still managing to compare Scholes and Gerrard cheesy

Lampard is Scholes Daddy
Lampard is someone that play football with his brain. Very intelligent player.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Stick to liking posts and gifs cos it seems football is above your head

Everyone knew Gerrard was moved away from the CM position by Benitez. You see Sissoko and Alonso in a lineup still dey talk say Gerrard played CM

grin grin grin grin
So to you, only 2 CMs can play in formations, we cant have 3 CMs on the field?. I dont need to argue with you again. You know nothing about football technicalities.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
airmark:

grin grin grin grin
So to you, only 2 CMs can play in formations, we cant have 3 CMs on the field?. I dont need to argue with you again. You know nothing about football.

Lol 3 CM would mean someone would be deployed away from the center of the field unless dem wan use more than 11 players

Gerrard was the midfielder sent away from CM like everytime there is a serious game you need to win
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
hensben:
Lampard is someone that play football with his brain. Very intelligent player.

Lampard is actually one of the most intelligent people in the world
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Lol 3 CM would mean someone would be deployed away from the center of the field unless dem wan use more than 11 players

Gerrard was the midfielder sent away from CM like everytime there is a serious game you need to win

You don't want to learn and that's your albatross. Next time don't argue soccer technicalities with your superior. Now you have been educated that 3CMs can play a formation in which you may have like 5 defenders in which one will be a sweeper. If you know how formation works you would n't have goofed. Whether benitez pushed gerrard away or not in the formation, fact is he played as a CM against barca in 2007. A soccer technical expert will tell you that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
airmark:

You don't want to learn and that's your albatross. Next time don't argue soccer technicalities with your superior. Now you have been educated that 3CMs can play a formation in which you may have like 5 defenders in which one will be a sweeper. If you know how formation works you would n't have goofed. Whether benitez pushed gerrard away or not in the formation, fact is he played as a CM against barca in 2007. A soccer technical expert will tell you that.

Show us how Gerrard played CM vs Barcelona

This is what Guardian wrote about the formation

"Actually... I'm not quite sure how Liverpool will line up here, seeing as both Arbeloa and Finnan are right backs. I'm guessing 4-2-3-1 with Finnan left back, Gerrard as a right midfielder/winger, and Kuyt as a lone striker. "I'm shocked at your predicted Liverpool formation," says Simon Bishop. "Do you really think they will go for an attacking formation and play one up front?""

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/feb/21/minutebyminute.sport

When you should be learning football and not discussing it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nihilist:

I genuinely don't understand what point you are trying to make here.

Nobody argued that Gerrard did not play in other positions. Infact in I think my first response to Dayo on this issue I stated how versatile Gerrard was. His debut for Liverpool was at Left Back.

This was the uninformed statement you made which I challenged stating that Gerrard played most of his career in central areas

The article you posted clearly stated that Gerrard had at the time played 65% of his games for Liverpool in the centre of the park which clearly negates the absurd assertion that Gerrard could not hold down one position. If you are playing 65% of 400 games in central midfield, then how can anyone say that you did not hold down a place?

I think the reason for your gaffe lies in my argument that Gerrard pushing Scholes wide is a testament to the former's superiority. What you seemed to have missed was that argument did not exist in isolation, but was also combined with comparative analysis of their output and individual Honours.

incase you forgot...Scholes started off as a support striker for Manyoo and continued to drop deeper until he played the deep lying playmaker role at his retirement. Between Support Striker and DLP he also played as a left winger for Man United.

If we are to use your logic, we will consign Scholes to further ignominy. Iniesta is another central midfielder that has played for extended periods on the wing...He too must be useless.

Most dynamic wingers starts on the wing when they lose pace they move to the midfield happened with Figo,giggs and the likes
Its also natural for young player to fill several positions before they find their niche.
I'll admit me saying Gerrard wasn't good enough to hold a position was a bit too far and I should say is no response to how they line up for England,
Gerrard has been the main man in the liverpool midfield for along time he had reinvented himself as players came and went.
65% of 400 games is a bit vague since he played a different role under different managers in his time with pool.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Lampard is actually one of the most intelligent people in the world
I concur bro.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Show us how Gerrard played CM vs Barcelona

This is what Guardian wrote about the formation

"Actually... I'm not quite sure how Liverpool will line up here, seeing as both Arbeloa and Finnan are right backs. I'm guessing 4-2-3-1 with Finnan left back, Gerrard as a right midfielder/winger, and Kuyt as a lone striker. "I'm shocked at your predicted Liverpool formation," says Simon Bishop. "Do you really think they will go for an attacking formation and play one up front?""

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/feb/21/minutebyminute.sport

When you should be learning football and not discussing it

The commentator was like you, he was not even sure of what the formation was like. There are many nincompoops like you out there, who need to be taught some technical aspects of soccer. Benitez used 5 defenders and below is the formation and if you are intelligent you won't ask me further questions on it, cos the image is self-explanatory as regards gerrard's role. my 50cents.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
Dongorgon5:
We will attack bournemout, we won't be conservative when we are not playing a top team with sharp attack.
What jose should do is to start remy, Remy is not that bad and give him the confidence he need.
remy didn't play against spurs bcus he was on leave due to his wife being delivered of a baby.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
Greatihex:
remy didn't play against spurs bcus he was on leave due to his wife being delivered of a baby.
I know, he trained today.
I saw a picture of him and costa in training
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 11:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nihilist:

A midfielder like Busquets is really just the same as a midfielder like Mikel

You are not comparing Busquets to your darling Matic again?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
homesteady:

You are not comparing Busquets to your darling Matic again?

All things being equal Matic is a better DM than Busquets

Unfortunately things are not very equal right now...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chidexxy007(m): 11:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
grin grin

Steven Gerrard has kissed more cameras than trophies in his entire career!! Fact!!
lol, u forget to add his badge..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Hilarious.

All things being equal After 5 plates of pounded yam, 15 whole cows, drinking 500liters of ogogoro, having a 3some with Serena, Beyonce and Shakaira in front of my papa backyard. I am also better than Messi

Only for Chelsea thread

Terry is better than Boateng, Cahill better than Boatebng, Cortouis better than Neuer, Joe Cole better than Schweinsteiger, Hazard better than Neymar and Ronaldo, Mourinho better than Guardiola Now na Matic better than Busquets

Matic would wish in his next life to be half as good as Busquets left leg

Matic ko Manic ni

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MysticZeus: 12:10am On Dec 02, 2015
Nihilist:

Do You even reason with Your Anus?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 12:23am On Dec 02, 2015
Nihilist:

Busquets coach - Busquets is the best midfielder in the world
Matic coach - Matic is in trouble, he can't even pass the ball...
The joke is on you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:53am On Dec 02, 2015
homesteady:

Busquets coach - Busquets is the best midfielder in the world

Matic coach - Matic is in trouble, he can't even pass the ball...

The joke is on you.

Well it was pretty obvious from the second line that I was joking..

Your question was a non sequitur though. This season is an anomaly. You cant compare Busquets to a Matic that is going through a collective unbelievably lousy form...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:54am On Dec 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

Hilarious.

All things being equal After 5 plates of pounded yam, 15 whole cows, drinking 500liters of ogogoro, having a 3some with Serena, Beyonce and Shakaira in front of my papa backyard. I am also better than Messi

Only for Chelsea thread

Terry is better than Boateng, Cahill better than Boatebng, Cortouis better than Neuer, Joe Cole better than Schweinsteiger, Hazard better than Neymar and Ronaldo, Mourinho better than Guardiola Now na Matic better than Busquets

Matic would wish in his next life to be half as good as Busquets left leg

Matic ko Manic ni

Fall down and die you this onijogbon kraut!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 2:29am On Dec 02, 2015
Nihilist:

You are absolutely right...

Gerrard forced Scholes to the wing for England and ultimately into retirement.

The same scholes wey subsequent England managers dey prostrate to say make e come outta retirement even at age 35 or so??

Okay oo..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1602) (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) ... (19066) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Khayceeofficial(m), Unlimited22, PendragonVII, StarchAndBanga, Dundalk(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.