Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,483 members, 7,801,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1913) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10369035 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) ... (19059) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
Nihilist:

Costa wasn't fit na why...
Hazard on the other hand...
Honestly I don't see Hazard as a Chelsea player any longer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2016
Nihilist this is for you grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
Nihilist:

I said exactly the same

That their midfield was clearly too open but Hazard and Costa were unable to capitalise
They were missing
Matuidi verrati and Motta even left in the first half.

That's their first choice midfield
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
raumdeuter:

They were missing
Matuidi verrati and Motta even left in the first half.

That's their first choice midfield
When you know they were missing their first choice midfield why did you say this
raumdeuter:
^^ For that PSG to beat Chelsea back to back season Last season with 10 men and even made it home and away this season really show the level Chelsea is for the past 2 seasons

Is it the same PSG
Keep shifting posts o

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:18pm On Apr 13, 2016
dmcdad:

Take am easy bro. No go vex kill person ooooo.cheesy

But seriously I was vexed when Chelsea sold that guy. I was like WTH, why should you? What's the hurry? Even though I had no affiliation whatsoever with Chelsea, yet it was painful to see them sell KDB. And like you said, the more painful part is that they bought world best Oscar as a replacement.cheesy Epic deal there! cheesy
To be honest he didn't do much in those games.... KDB-Oscar- Hazard where mourinho's first choice in the first 3 games
But KDB was the poorest of them especially against United......
Still....The guy was coming back from a good season in Bundesliga and he clearly has the Talent,why wasn't any buy back clause?!

We can't be selling players with heavy potential to clubs like Wolfsburg and Everton without a Clause... Its not like they are a big club that would be hard to negotiate with...

But then....Mourinho has his own wahala too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2016
bigkesh:

Which player do we have that can play AM comfortably.... I can only think of Hazard who is as good on the flanks

Willian is not productive enough as a 10 and Fabregas' best position is CM......
Except we are playing 4-4-2,we need a new AM
hazard
willian
fabregas

Can willian or hazard even try DM??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2016
bigkesh:

When you know they were missing their first choice midfield why did you say this
Is it the same PSG
Keep shifting posts o

Did Verrati not miss the game vs Chelsea also? PSG have barely played their first choice midfield 3 in the CL knockouts since Verrati the most important piece got injured

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
bigkesh:

To be honest he didn't do much in those games.... KDB-Oscar- Hazard where mourinho's first choice in the first 3 games
But KDB was the poorest of them especially against United......
Still....The guy was coming back from a good season in Bundesliga and he clearly has the Talent,why wasn't any buy back clause?!

We can't be selling players with heavy potential to clubs like Wolfsburg and Everton without a Clause... Its not like they are a big club that would be hard to negotiate with...

But then....Mourinho has his own wahala too
Exactly, Mourinho has his own troubles. For me, there is always that period of adaptation for any player especially ones coming from a different league. Take Schurlle or Sallah for instance, these guys were not given the opportunity to shine. And mind you, they came from absolutely different league with a different mindset and approach to the game. But for me, they weren't given the right atmosphere to succeed at Chelsea.

I just hope Chelsea will put things right this time around. It's always good to have Chelsea to compete with in UCL. Even if we ain't meeting, but the potential of maybe meeting eachother along the way makes for a more interesting Champions League campaign.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
Its true, we r e not even playin in d champions league nxt season angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
Nihilist:
Juve fell over to sign Cuadrado, same Cuadrado that flopped in England, so that's not saying muche.

The question was has anyone really watched these guys play?

Witsel or Naingollan.

It's particularly interesting that Griffon says Radja is very similar to Arturo Vidal. I thought Ibime Said Vidal can't play pivot football. How come Radja is now suited to playing Pivot footy?

raumdeuter:

Some people go just pick one name hand on to am. Let anyone tell us the last time they saw Witsel play week after week?

The only times I see Witsel are the few CL games Zenit plays but I know some people would tell us they watch Russian league regularly

And the comparison with Vidal, I no wan yarn before until you did

[img]http://www.romadailynews.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Radja-Nainggolan.jpg[/img]

I agree he is like Vidal when we consider complexion, tattoo and hairstyle and the comparison stops at that. Its like saying Raul Merreilles is Vidal because of the same

I saw an article about him 3yrs ago let me find it

http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/man-moment-radja-nainggolan/

It wont kill to ask questions before jumping into conclusions. A simple dictum in law is that, he who asserts must prove. So I believe the onus of proof that Naingollan's style of play is similar to Vidal's lies on me.

I really don't know about you two, but on the many different occasions I've seen Vidal and Naingollan play, one feature underlines their games - their rambunctious style of play. Tackling and anticipation are two attributes which allows both men to be effective at intercepting passes and winning back possession. These are the similarities.

This season alone, Naingollan is averaging 1.9 tackles per game and 1.4 interceptions per game, whilst Vidal is on 2.4 tackles per game and 1.5 interceptions per game. These are the close similarities.

These two men enjoy running around the pitch chasing fellas off the turf, these are the god-damned similarities.

Watch these video clips of Naingollan and tell me what isn't similar to Vidal's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6lGIOZ3Pa4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOQZ76b3pxs

. . .and of course this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdFulbqOOKw

And yeah, I'll rather have this ninja in my midfield than John Mikel Obi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
Chestar5:
Its true, we r e not even playin in d champions league nxt season angry
Is it now you realized that fact? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 7:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
CFCman:
Is it now you realized that fact? cheesy
painful fact, not even europa sef angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisley024(m): 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
Is it the same Felipe that left chelshit I saw today?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2016
chic2pimp:

That's what we all said about that 2009 team too. "No one can stop them", "They'll go on to win the next 3-4 CL titles" etc. Guess what happened the very next season? Inter got the job done.

Fast forward to a year later, they won the double. As predictable as one can be, we all started repeating the same ol' recycled lines. Guess what again? They did not touch that trophy for THREE good solid years. Yes you heard that right. THREE YEARS!

Moral of the story: Nothing is guaranteed in football. If it was, it won't be the world's most watched and loved sport.

When Dayo was shouting up and down asking who can stop this Barca team, This was my post in response to that.

I was almost certain they won't retain that trophy and I have been proven right.

DIEGO GODIN was again magnificent tonight. What a player!

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:00am On Apr 14, 2016
chic2pimp:

When Dayo was shouting up and down asking who can stop this Barca team, This was my post in response to that.

I was almost certain they won't retain that trophy and I have been proven right.

DIEGO GODIN was again magnificent tonight. What a player!

Remember that 2 seasons ago, he scored the goal that won the La Liga for Athletico, scored the first goal in the UCL final, and the scored the goal that sent Uruguay thru to the Round of 16 of the WC.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:04am On Apr 14, 2016
I'll go out on a limb and the predict tomorrow's UCL semifinal draw as follows:

Atletico v Bayern
Man City v Real Madrid

The final will be Athletico v Man City...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:10am On Apr 14, 2016
CFCman:
I'll go out on a limb and the predict tomorrow's UCL semifinal draw as follows:

Atletico v Bayern
Man City v Real Madrid

The final will be Athletico v Man City...

Man City v Bayern
Atletico v Real Madrid

A possible City v R'madrid final with a major upset on the cards. This is the right time to be a citizen. Remember 2012? It pays to play the underdog role cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:11am On Apr 14, 2016
NGolo Kante rumoured to have £20m release clause. Get him!!!

Meanwhile Antonio Conte still insisting on bringing Sabatini as TD. Already showing his utter contempt of Emenalo. His good mate Robbie Di Matteo must have briefed him about that snake.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 7:30am On Apr 14, 2016
Griffon:

Man City v Bayern
Atletico v Real Madrid

A possible City v R'madrid final with a major upset on the cards. This is the right time to be a citizen. Remember 2012? It pays to play the underdog role cheesy
Athletico vs City
Bayern vs Madrid for me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 7:35am On Apr 14, 2016
20m for Kante? God knows I will sell Courtois for 20m if it means we will get Lord Kante

Kante/Nainggolan pivot.........Oga Pass through make i dey see
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:43am On Apr 14, 2016
bigkesh:
Running mental if Charlie Colkett starts today..... cheesy :DD.....He travelled with the squad

Best Talent in our Academy after Boga and Musonda

You brother, have eyes. I mentioned this on the forum about 2 seasons ago.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2016
bigkesh:
20m for Kante? God knows I will sell Courtois for 20m if it means we will get Lord Kante

sell courtois 20Mil to fund Kante?. if you are given the TD role of a club you can really do wonders . Maybe you're being sarcastic... cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:31am On Apr 14, 2016
bigkesh:

Don't be like Jose. However poorly the team has performed this season, we should not take our eyes off the big picture. Courtois is still a top goalie with potential to be one of the best.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:23am On Apr 14, 2016
nateevs:

Don't be like Jose. However poorly the team has performed this season, we should not take our eyes off the big picture. Courtois is still a top goalie with potential to be one of the best.
I was just joking o.......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:44am On Apr 14, 2016
I predict

City vs Bayern
Atletico vs Real

Final: City 1-0 Real....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
CFCman:

Remember that 2 seasons ago, he scored the goal that won the La Liga for Athletico, scored the first goal in the UCL final, and the scored the goal that sent Uruguay thru to the Round of 16 of the WC.

Everyone knows my view on Godin. He has been the best centre half in the world over the last 5 yrs or so. Only Silva IMO comes close.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 6:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
chic2pimp:

Everyone knows my view on Godin. He has been the best centre half in the world over the last 5 yrs or so. Only Silva IMO comes close.

Efe Ambrose is better tongue #supportyourown#Eaglesforlife#supereagles cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
bigkesh:

Na so
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
Raumdeuter. tongue

8th in premier league beats your league's 2nd best team.

Shove that into your back side. tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lekkie073(m): 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
now dat the 8th placed team in epl has defeated the 2nd placed team in bundesliga.grin
raumdeuter, gibe us an excuse grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
@Raumdeuter

How far with Germany vs England in Europe? How many teams left?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
timbros:
@Raumdeuter

How far with Germany vs England in Europe? How many teams left?

Germany 2nd in UEFA ranking, leading EPL based on points accumulated this season alone. EPL?

lekkie073:
now dat the 8th placed team in epl has defeated the 2nd placed team in bundesliga.grin
raumdeuter, gibe us an excuse grin

Where are the teams placed 1, 2 and 3 in EPL were they banned from Europe?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) ... (19059) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m), raumdeuter, hateshit, YoungB1a(m), FergieRaww(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.