Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,379 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10366747 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) (3064) ... (19058) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
Funlord2:

It is down to administration! We have more talents than even the europeans...can't say about the south Americans but our scouting network is poor...our youth coaching is horrendous! They don't teach them a lot about technique, tactics, gym work,nutrition or even proper positioning at junior level in naija! I visited the barca academy in lagos and the spanish coaches there were so enthusiastic with the amount of young talents they have been finding in eko! I only hope they go up north because Malo people are crazy for football! Sometimes when you see those yandabas playing on dusty pitches the type of skills you would see would make your jaw drop! I predict that before the next 5 years barca would sign nothing less than 5 potential superstars on developmental contracts and this would inspire other clubs to start heading to naija! Clubs are watching that academy with keen interest!

They should also target the whole regions in nigeria! Poverty and corruption have denied a lot of our kids the chance to play on proper pitches or work with solid junior coaches! Our useless nfa is more concerned with hammering and don't want to invest in sponsoring youth tournaments or even provide equipment for schools! Cultural issues also tend to make talented kids parents look at soccer as an unwise investment and would rather their kids become doctors, lawyers or politicians!

Ps: you still have not answered diggz!
grin grin grin....

Am so much interested in how baba Dayo will logic his way out of this one...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
raumdeuter:
Ibime nihilist funlord a40 afrodoc2 diggz nateevs

I always hear this mantra that poor administration is why African football is terrible. Do you believe this or it's just a case of we don't have the talents

Why do you think it is a mantra....? Poor administration is not just why African football is terrible/suffering but every sector from education to telecoms to construction etc in africa.

It is the major reason why nigeria is still twisted till forever..poor administration!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2017
PDPGuy:

Look to the bright side, bro. We should be happy that Emenalo would soon become the first African to coach an elite European club side grin

God forbid!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
lordfalcao:
as usual some editors and their attempts to drag traffic and likes will write any rubbish to what's happening in the Chelsea hierarchy...

Where did you get this? You will only say a reliable site, if this is not coming from someone you know working with the club it is pure fallacy..

I can count 5 powerful directors in football, yet we don't hear stuff like this on their clubs.. Emenalo is neither powerful in Chelsea.

Once again have you been working in the Chelsea backroom staff or have anybody working with Chelsea called you to explain this things to you?. If not we don't want to know it because its false.

Have you gotten a glass yet?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2017
timbros:

Poor administration is the MAJOR reason why our football here is so backward and terrible.

We have tons of talents littered everywhere here. I remember when I was in Aba, the kind of football we watch at local venues like Okigwe Road league, Osusu League etc will make you go WOW. At a point, most of Enyimba players that dominated NFL and even Caf Champions league in early 2000s are boys from the street. Obinna Nwaneri was from Osusu League, Ogbonnaya Okemiri (one eyed ninja) Okigwe Road, Ikechukwu Uche and his brother Uche Kalu we know him as 'Senegal' in Aba, Kachocho all started from the street.

We are blessed with talents but the administration is failing us big time.

Chai! Senior you na correct street. I be ogbor-hill brought up, no be bobo juice grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2017
Odunharry:

Haba.. u can't compare both na.. Lewa is better than all striker in EPL currently.
you never can tell considering the league and club he is at the moment.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2017
Branzy:
Breaking: Juventus have accepted Chelsea's improved offer for Alex Sandro.

https:///iUd7vaUFQO
Marcos Alonso would now be restricted to EFL and FA cup starts. Sandro should fit into the LWB spot in the 3-4-3 formation
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
timbros:

Poor administration is the MAJOR reason why our football here is so backward and terrible.

We have tons of talents littered everywhere here. I remember when I was in Aba, the kind of football we watch at local venues like Okigwe Road league, Osusu League etc will make you go WOW. At a point, most of Enyimba players that dominated NFL and even Caf Champions league in early 2000s are boys from the street. Obinna Nwaneri was from Osusu League, Ogbonnaya Okemiri (one eyed ninja) Okigwe Road, Ikechukwu Uche and his brother Uche Kalu we know him as 'Senegal' in Aba, Kachocho all started from the street.

We are blessed with talents but the administration is failing us big time.
wow, bros you Tey for Aba o. Na that Senegal part I use comfirm. errm, ogbonna okemmiri na just mercenary at Osusu or okigwe League. Na township school and school road league be his major Base because his house at No1 clifford dey close there. Him and darmian aka ademi that also played for enyimba in their second CAF champions league triumph. Na that side I grow sha. So I know them well

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
Lukaku and Bakayoko are already Chelsea players
VVD and Sandro almost done

One more marquee forward needed..............James?Mahrez? Insigne?

I would like Auba on the wings though

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2017
Emaprince:
wow, bros you Tey for Aba o. Na that Senegal part I use comfirm. errm, ogbonna okemmiri na just mercenary at Osusu or okigwe League. Na township school and school road league be his major Base because his house at No1 clifford dey close there. Him and darmian aka ademi that also played for enyimba in their second CAF champions league triumph. Na that side I grow sha. So I know them well

Okemiri I dey see am well well for Okigwe Road. Maybe you're correct. I no too know boys for School Road and Township School.

After most of those guys don enter Europe finish, by this period wey season don end you will see all of them coming to train in these schools with their rides. Na so one season end, Ik Uche kit with Cannavaro Madrid jersey. After training he told us that it was the jersey he swapped with Cannavaro in a La Liga match. Boys just dey gape at the jersey! lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
Griffon:

Chai! Senior you na correct street. I be ogbor-hill brought up, no be bobo juice grin grin grin

Lol...

Na confirm kpako I be o. Started from Obohia Ngwa Road to Faulks Road to Omuma Road...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
Griffon:

Have you gotten a glass yet?
i don't need glass or reading cheap articles from editors to know emenalo have no super powers in Chelsea and is not responsible for anything happening in the team's hierarchy
timbros:

Lol...

Na confirm kpako I be o. Started from Obohia Ngwa Road to Faulks Road to Omuma Road...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
bigkesh:

Really? How did you confirm?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
pamcode:
Really? How did you confirm?
Lukaku's latest Instagram post,and Bakayoko na settled story

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
raumdeuter:

I always hear this mantra that poor administration is why African football is terrible. Do you believe this or it's just a case of we don't have the talents

There's talent in Nigeria...too an extent.

As Physical specimens, we are dominant in the sports world. When anyone thinks of a fast athlete, the image that comes to mind is almost invariably a stock black man of west african descent.

Where I think there is a big problem is in terms of thinking. The intellectual side of the game, the tactical aspect is woefully underdeveloped in our side of the world. And I dont think we can blame it 100% of Maladministration, though that also plays a major part.

I just think that the African cultural affinity for 'Notice Me' has seeped so deeply into our football culture that we may never be able to recover. A white winger will beat his man and quickly pass or cross the ball. An African winger( And I'm including foreign born but raised in African homes here, especially Francophones) will beat his man and turn back to look for him and beat him again.

South America is pretty dsyfunctional in terms of administration, yet these guys seem to be doing very well. Mexico is run buy Drug Cartels. Colombia has literally just ended a 20+ year insurgency. 64% of the Chilean Population are claiming Welfare. Yet they are all in the top 20 in current FIFA rankings.

Egypt suffered a coup, are fighting ISIS, battling refugees from the middle east and still managed to Make top 20. The only African country to do so by the way...

It's not just the Administration that is bad. African players are generally Stuppid.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
If we sell Ake,I quit

Simple

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
bigkesh:

Lukaku's latest Instagram post,and Bakayoko na settled story
Ok. That of Bakayoko seems true, bbc reports we have agreed in principle and we will finalise next week.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2017
lordfalcao:
i don't need glass or reading cheap articles from editors to know emenalo have no super powers in Chelsea and is not responsible for anything happening in the team's hierarchy

lordfalcao:

Look my friend, there are folks who have been following Chelsea long before you thought of getting yourself a Chelsea Jersey.

These folks run what you call Chelsea unofficial sites, these are pages where everything Chelsea related is presented before the chopping board.

These fellas don't clutch at straws, nah, they don't second guess, nah, they work with facts that are provided to them by trusted sources who work at the club. These folks aren't just writers but years long staunch fans of Chelsea who derive a great deal of Joy writing about the club's politicking and activities.

WAGH, Vital, ChelseaDaft etc are few Chelsea unofficial sites where the truth is spilled cold-blooded.

Daily Fail, Telegraph, Mirror, The Sun etc only write what they are presented with, then their is sensationalism too. You can't read these things all your life, believing you are better of than that fan who reads different stuffs about the club.

So go and get yourself a glass.

When I express my views about the club and what I think is going down in Cobham's upper room, take your time to do some research, not to upload hogwash.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2017
In my lifetime African football has never had good administrators, South America does not have good administrators yet they still do relatively well

US and some European countries, have excellent administrators yet they dont do anything

Gragra football is not talent. Cerebral football is what I call talent, players like Kanu(my best Nigerian player) had it from the streets of Owerri without any administration which is why he was one of the most celebrated players from Nigeria

Right now, how many Nigerian players are regular first team players playing in any first division in the leagues in Italy, England, Germany Holland, Spain Italy

Around 1996 to 2002, Several of our players were playing REGULAR first team football in top clubs, Oliseh Dortmund, Kanu Arsenal, Taribo Inter, Finidi Betis, Babangida Ajax, Ikpeba Dortmund/Monaco, Babayaro Chelsea, Amuneke Barcelona, Okocha PSG, Akpoborie Stuttgart etc

Thats almost 11 players I named off the top of my head who were playing elite top level football, Was the administration good or better at that time?

That's why I just think administration is just a convenient excuse. I think we lack genuine talents. We only dominate age groups because we lie about ages.

Chrisantus, Haruna Lukman, Rabiu Ibrahim, all got good breaks after the U17 world club, they were picked up by European clubs they all failed. Stanley Okoro set too same thing It was the same type of tournament where Kanu, Babayaro, Oruma went from to Europe and excelled

Can we just be honest and admit we dont have genuine talents anymore. Maybe in the future we will get lucky again. And its not a terrible thing to admit

Brazil the home of football recently went though their own talent drought, Italy too is currently going through their own minor drought, Germany went through theirs

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
raumdeuter:

Make season quick start so you can stop asking rhetorical questions.

I don't want any mention notifications this summer until Chelsea make a signing please. I dey vex.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ibime:

I don't want any mention notifications this summer until Chelsea make a signing please. I dey vex.

Bwuahahahaha...... rflmao..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ibime:

Make season quick start so you can stop asking rhetorical questions.

Bakayoko fall on you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:46pm On Jun 24, 2017
raumdeuter:
In my lifetime African football has never had good administrators, South America does not have good administrators yet they still do relatively well

US and some European countries, have excellent administrators yet they dont do anything

Gragra football is not talent. Cerebral football is what I call talent, players like Kanu(my best Nigerian player) had it from the streets of Owerri without any administration which is why he was one of the most celebrated players from Nigeria

Right now, how many Nigerian players are regular first team players playing in any first division in the leagues in Italy, England, Germany Holland, Spain Italy

Around 1996 to 2002, Several of our players were playing REGULAR first team football in top clubs, Oliseh Dortmund, Kanu Arsenal, Taribo Inter, Finidi Betis, Babangida Ajax, Ikpeba Dortmund/Monaco, Babayaro Chelsea, Amuneke Barcelona, Okocha PSG, Akpoborie Stuttgart etc

Thats almost 11 players I named off the top of my head who were playing elite top level football, Was the administration good or better at that time?

That's why I just think administration is just a convenient excuse. I think we lack genuine talents. We only dominate age groups because we lie about ages.

Chrisantus, Haruna Lukman, Rabiu Ibrahim, all got good breaks after the U17 world club, they were picked up by European clubs they all failed. Stanley Okoro set too same thing It was the same type of tournament where Kanu, Babayaro, Oruma went from to Europe and excelled

Can we just be honest and admit we dont have genuine talents anymore. Maybe in the future we will get lucky again. And its not a terrible thing to admit

Brazil the home of football recently went though their own talent drought, Italy too is currently going through their own minor drought, Germany went through theirs

You sincerely do think administration is just a convenient reason.....lol!

It is one thing to have the right tools and no talent to work with while, it is also possible to have the right talents but no tools to work with.

The likes of them finidi George, kanu,oliseh n co. were exceptional n huge talents for Nigeria who made it big without the administration however, you cannot sincerely deny that an organized n properly run society or institution with talents works better than one which isn't run properly with talent.

I can't type much right now but if you are still in doubt then ask yourself why you ain't living in Naija presently....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:33am On Jun 25, 2017
bigkesh:

Bakayoko fall on you

Ibime can cut Ur balls off for this cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:36am On Jun 25, 2017
bigkesh:
Bakayoko fall on you
Matic fall on you, Lukaku fall on you

Dembele run from you, Mbappe run from you

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:00am On Jun 25, 2017
bigkesh:

Bakayoko fall on you

Even if we sign Elderson Echiejile at this stage, I go happy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:13am On Jun 25, 2017
The more professional a sport becomes, the less a disorganised society like Nigeria will succeed.

In 1994, football was not advanced. Players could still play a game running only 6km. As football got more scientific and technical, we started to drop off.

Same with the sprints in athletics. As oyinbo found scientific ways to ensure that their sprinters keep their top speed for longer, we stopped competing as a force. In 1990, you can watch 100 metres and all the runners start slowing down by 50m when fatigue sets in the muscles. Only Carl Lewis was able to keep his top speed till the 90m mark. That was when Nigeria used to medal in the sprints with people like Sunday Bada, Mary Onyali and that 100m guy who used to compete with Linford Christie and co (forget his name).

These days, how many times these do you watch Nigerian sprinters leading by 30m, only for their muscles to tie up and finish last over the next 70m while the foreign athletes keep their top speed till the finish line? The natural talent is what gets them to 30m, science and organisation is what impacts the last 70m.

Same thing for 400m, we are always leading at the start of the race and always tow last by a long distance after tiring out due to lack of endurance.

And let no one say Brazil does not have organisation and science in football. If you read about their detailed training camps before tournaments, you will be shocked. Go check how many months of rigorous and scientific training they did before 1970 World Cup. Or if you read Ronaldo biography, you will see how they had him in a camp by himself on rigorous training for 5 months leading up to the 2002 World Cup. Or you can read Ramires account of how physios had him running up hills back and forth everyday at age 15. There is a reason Brazil produces endurance sprinters like Dani Alves, Cafu, Maicion, Alex Sandro, Ramires etc. Watch Brazilian league, almost every fullback is an endurance sprinter. It's pure science.

Jamaica are equally as scientific as Brazil when it comes to sprinting, even to the point of taking all sorts of performance enhancing drugs.

Nigeria lacks organisation and meritocracy simples. You will see a good player in form and fitness and he will not make World Cup squad until years later when he learns how to settle the key guys in the system. That's how Emenalo used parapo to displace Nduka Ugbade in 1994 World Cup, same way Ogbeche was taken to 2002 World Cup in place of an in-form Yakubu. Same way we were taking expired players like Utaka deep into 2008/2010 at a time when Obasi was hot. By the time Obasi learned to settle the correct guys to make National team, age had caught up with him. There is hardly any tournament that Nigeria went to that you cannot name 5 players in the squad based on parapo or bribery while 5 better players were sitting at home.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 4:10am On Jun 25, 2017
^^
Yet, people believe that a 'foreign' coach would eliminate parapo from the national team. They don't know that the NFF imposes some players on the team, and if the foreign coach doesn't play ball, he could be out of the job.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:21am On Jun 25, 2017
Emaprince:

Where is that okemiri now? I admired that guy those years. The day i learnt he was playing with one eye, i couldnt believe it. Muri ogunbiyi was exciting too, sad he opted for benin rep.

bigkesh:
If we sell Ake,I quit
Simple

If van dijk and sandro join, ake's chances of breaking diminish. I believe there must be a buy-back clause. I use him on pes, these days. cheesy

bigkesh:

If we buy mahrez or insigne, then willian may force his exit. I dont think he will be happy playing sparsely. None of these guys coming will join chelsea, without assurance of regular play time.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 5:17am On Jun 25, 2017
Ibime, abeg you guys should allow Kate Abdo leave Sky for Fox Sports. The woman too fine
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:11am On Jun 25, 2017
Popular conspiracy theory flying has it that Nike don't want any new signing being announced holding the old Adidas Jersey, and would rather the club wait until the new kit is revealed next month.

We are set to start our new multi-million pound sponsorship deal with Nike on July 1. So all eyes should be on the calendar.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 7:04am On Jun 25, 2017
raumdeuter:

Matic fall on you, Lukaku fall on you

Dembele run from you, Mbappe run from you
Are you done talking? Tell me DAYO are you done talking?

Matic don't wanna be my player no more

(1) (2) (3) ... (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) (3064) ... (19058) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.