Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,920 members, 7,806,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10410329 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) ... (19086) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nihilist:
Man City's weakest unit was their defence. Kompany was injured most of the season, and Pep was often forced to play Kolarov, Sagna and Clichy in a 4 man defence.

Of course, there are several reasons why Pep failed, but age of the players he had was definitely a key reason.

And if we go further and look at his moves this summer even gives more credibility to this as Pep has sold 7 players all over the age of 30 and has bought 5 players all under the age of 30

Navas, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kolarov, Sagna, Fernando Cabalero sold B.Silva Danilo, Mendy Walker Ederson

Meaning Pep agrees age is a problem with his team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2017
Apari Ramuzaki, 20 time Olympic Champion of verbal gymnastics grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
Someone spent 2 weeks arguing about "Football is a game for young people" yet is telling us to show us where he said age is a liability.

Some jokes write themselves. If you dont develop critical reasoning by a certain age, you have lost it for life
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nihilist:

Man City's weakest unit was their defence. Kompany was injured most of the season, and Pep was often forced to play Kolarov, Sagna and Clichy in a 4 man defence.

Of course, there are several reasons why Pep failed, but age of the players he had was definitely a key reason.
Please I believe you are more sensible than that thing pretending to be a human being.
If you say Zabaletta and co couldn't cut it, that is fine. But I don't agree that their ages alone were responsible for City's decline. The same back line had 29 year old Otamendi and a 31 year old Kompany. So why weren't they replaced? Especially Kompany who had been showing signs of being physically unreliable for years before Pep arrived.
And why was Pep basically wanking over a34 year old Alves and has had a failed bid for a 29 year old Evans in the same summer?

Just asking

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
raumdeuter:
Someone spent 2 weeks arguing about "Football is a game for young people" yet is telling us to show us where he said age is a liability.

Some jokes write themselves. If you dont develop critical reasoning by a certain age, you have lost it for life
You can't even quote yourself properly yet you want peeps to take you seriously.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
hoopLA:
You can't even quote yourself properly yet you want peeps to take you seriously.

So what are you planning to do to cure yourself of the ailments you diagnozed yourself of stupidity and deafness
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
raumdeuter:

So what are you planning to do to cure yourself of the ailments you diagnozed yourself of stupidity and deafness
Avoid arguing with a sap head like you.
You can't even type properly. Look at the above post and tell us where you got your WAEC in English from.
But you want us to believe you have any sense.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
hoopLA:

What you have said is a fact. Arguing against it means one is either stupid or tone deaf.

But my gripe is that proponents of this over 30 thing don't want to accept that those who are that age can actually contribute meaningfully.

For the record, I brought those sports just to show that it is not restricted to just football alone. And as start and stop a game as basketball is, it is almost as intense physically, if not as intense, as football. You might want to disagree.But that is another argument for another day.

For what it's worth, I don't think Dayo ever said players over 30 can't contribute meaningfully. His team last season still relied heavily on a small group of pensioners to deliver the goods. What he was pointing out is that on the balance of things, the performance hit associated with old players in football can have a significant effect on a team's title chances. It's a fact. Even at Chelsea, the official policy is that players over 30 years old only get offered 1 year contracts.

And with all due respect, the physical exertion involved in basketball comes nowhere close to what you get in football.

Take Romelu Lukaku for example, who is widely regardely to be a lazy runner off the ball, a somewhat earned reputation in fact, as he registered the least average distance covered for strikers last season with 5.4 miles

Conversely the NBA player that covered the most distance per game last season was Zach Lavine with 2.69 miles

When the laziest striker in EPL is running double the distance of the Hardest Working Runner in NBA, there's definitely a huge toll on the body.

If people like Oliver Kahn can drag their sides to World Cup finals single handedly and win Golden Balls, or Zidane and Cannavaro can be both gold and silver ball winners in the same World Cup, with the latter even winning WPOTY, or people like Zlatan can hit nearly 30 goals in a season then I'm not sure what dayo's point is when he blames City's fortunes on an ageing defense last season

Goal keepers and centrebacks don't run as much. Plus these are outliers anyway. The cold hard fact is that once you turn 26 as a footballer, you're already fighting a losing battle with your body. Once you turn 30 and have to play in a physically demanding team like a Pep side, you have very little chance of success.

Look at Zabaleta on Sunday for another example of what we're talking about.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
hoopLA:

Please I believe you are more sensible than that thing pretending to be a human being.
If you say Zabaletta and co couldn't cut it, that is fine. But I don't agree that their ages alone were responsible for City's decline. The same back line had 29 year old Otamendi and a 31 year old Kompany. So why weren't they replaced? Especially Kompany who had been showing signs of being physically unreliable for years before Pep arrived.
And why was Pep basically wanking over a34 year old Alves and has had a failed bid for a 29 year old Evans in the same summer?

Just asking

Otamendi and Kompany are centrebacks not fullbacks that have to act as auxiliary wingers.

Zabaleta in his prime was a beast and arguably one of the best full backs in the league. See what happened when martial and rashford caught him in a dark alleyway last weekend. Do you expect Pep to go far with 4(Zaba, Sagna, Kolarov, Clichy) of those players in his first team?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
hoopLA:

Avoid arguing with a sap head like you.
You can't even type properly. Look at the above post and tell us where you got your WAEC in English from.
But you want us to believe you have any sense.

The irony. Look at the bold Can anyone translate what this oaf is trying to say

What is "Your WAEC in English" for Christ's sake. This barely literate iddiot trying to correct grammar, when you should be focusing on passing WAEC this is your 12th attempt

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nihilist:

For what it's worth, I don't think Dayo ever said players over 30 can't contribute meaningfully. His team last season still relied heavily on a small group of pensioners to deliver the goods. What he was pointing out is that on the balance of things, the performance hit associated with old players in football can have a significant effect on a team's title chances. It's a fact. Even at Chelsea, the official policy is that players over 30 years old only get offered 1 year contracts.

And with all due respect, the physical exertion involved in basketball comes nowhere close to what you get in football.

Take Romelu Lukaku for example, who is widely regardely to be a lazy runner off the ball, a somewhat earned reputation in fact, as he registered the least average distance covered for strikers last season with 5.4 miles

Conversely the NBA player that covered the most distance per game last season was Zach Lavine with 2.69 miles

When the laziest striker in EPL is running double the distance of the Hardest Working Runner in NBA, there's definitely a huge toll on the body.

Goal keepers and centrebacks don't run as much. Plus these are outliers anyway. The cold hard fact is that once you turn 26 as a footballer, you're already fighting a losing battle with your body. Once you turn 30 and have to play in a physically demanding team like a Pep side, you have very little chance of success.

Look at Zabaleta on Sunday for another example of what we're talking about.

But the roach turd tells me that football is not for young people. That in itself is precluding any one above 30 from doing anything meaningful.
Or you don't agree?

As per my initial post, I was not comparing sports. I made a statement that aged people over 30 in other sports too were quite capable of delivering the goods in spite of their ages. If you interpreted it as a comparison that wasn't the aim.

Like I said before almost all of what you put up there is facts. But I'm not down with that lazy ass excuse of age being city's demise.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
What iddiot would be using Goalkeepers as examples of athletes who get stressed, The farthest distance most keepers travel is from the dressing room to the goalpost.

What actually happened to logical reasoning?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nihilist:

Otamendi and Kompany are centrebacks not fullbacks that have to act as auxiliary wingers.

Zabaleta in his prime was a beast and arguably one of the best full backs in the league. See what happened when martial and rashford caught him in a dark alleyway last weekend. Do you expect Pep to go far with 4(Zaba, Sagna, Kolarov, Clichy) of those players in his first team?
This is a new one.
The initial argument was not about players' position.
But I'll let it rest.
Thank you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
hoopLA:

But the roach turd tells me that football is not for young people. That in itself is precluding any one above 30 from doing anything meaningful.
Or you don't agree?

As per my initial post, I was not comparing sports. I made a statement that aged people over 30 in other sports too were quite capable of delivering the goods in spite of their ages. If you interpreted it as a comparison that wasn't the aim.

Like I said before almost all of what you put up there is facts. But I'm not down with that lazy ass excuse of age being city's demise.

What a tool. diggz come and see this illiterate o

Ask him to tell us the person who told him "that football is not for young people"

See how you fooled this morron into disgracing himself publicly

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
raumdeuter:

The irony. Look at the bold Can anyone translate what this oaf is trying to say

What is "Your WAEC in English" for Christ's sake. This barely literate iddiot trying to correct grammar, when you should be focusing on passing WAEC this is your 12th attempt
Don't even go there.
If we are to dig up posts I'm sure you'd ask for a
a withdrawal of your certificate.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
hoopLA:

Don't even go there.
If we are to dig up posts I'm sure you'd ask for a
a withdrawal of your certificate.

We dont need to dig up your posts, the one you fed us with here can show us your substandard education, below average reasoning. poor logic and generally under developed mental abilities

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
raumdeuter:

What a tool. diggz come and see this illiterate o

Ask him to tell us the person who told him "that football is not for young people"

See how you fooled this morron into disgracing himself publicly
Lol.
This one is using a slip in my text to justify itself.

Knock yourself out
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
hoopLA:

This is a new one.
The initial argument was not about players' position.
But I'll let it rest.
Thank you

You mean critical thinking, use of logic and posting sensibly is a new one to you?
When you should be spending your time educating yourself, you are jumping into stuffs beyond your mental abilities.
You jumped into an argument that no one called you into and got disgraced out with tails between your legs. Now it looked like I am the bad person bullying you because you have subzero IQ.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
hoopLA:
Lol.
This one is using a slip in my text to justify itself.
Knock yourself out

Slipping out of common sense or what? You cant slip out of what you never had
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
raumdeuter:

Slipping out of common sense or what? You cant slip out of what you never had
nawa for you oo
i asked you a simple question and you have been going back and forth
why is papa ajasco running after 29 years old johnny evans

we have younger home growns or your mentor is looking for excuse in case he fails
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nihilist:

You failed to answer the qxn Bros. Their cbs were very much age ok without company.i. e stones and otamendi. Also the times kolarov had to play as a CB was down to Pep decision, no one else!

If I am to summarize or conclude on your lady post you are actually blaming Peps failure on is players age,right?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2017
sod09:
nawa for you oo
i asked you a simple question and you have been going back and forth
why is papa ajasco running after 29 years old johnny evans

we have younger home growns or your mentor is looking for excuse in case he fails

29yrs is around the prime age for a Center back since they do less running.

BTW I am only interested in confirmed signings not transfer rumors, Like we have been hearing Aubameyang, Alexis Messi Neymar should be in Man City now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
If you have old defenders, you play with a low block.

Pep is incapable of playing a low block and that's why he failed. . . because he is tactically inflexible.

Pep is not the first manager to inherit old defenders. Max Allegri has been playing with old defenders year on year, Mourinho won league in 2015 comfortably with old defenders, ditto UCL at InterMilan with the likes of Zanetti, Lucio Samuel etc.

Even Wenger can win league with Adams, Keown, Bould, Dixon, Winterburn so Peps story is for the birds. He simply failed.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
diggz:

You failed to answer the qxn Bros. Their cbs were very much age ok without company.i. e stones and otamendi. Also the times kolarov had to play as a CB was down to Pep decision, no one else!

If I am to summarize or conclude on your lady post you are actually blaming Peps failure on is players age,right?

I answered you na?

Nihilist:

Of course, there are several reasons
why Pep failed, but age of the players he had was definitely a key reason.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nihilist:

I answered you na?

I specifically asked you that qxn bcuz it is actually the origin/basis of the entire age discourse. Dayo clearly said Pep failed due to players from age 30 and above without considering any other factor. He blamed it strictly on age and no other factor.

Are you ok with age being the only factor that led to peps failure in city last season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ibime:
If you have old defenders, you play with a low block.

Pep is incapable of playing a low block and that's why he failed. . . because he is tactically inflexible.

Pep is not the first manager to inherit old defenders. Max Allegri has been playing with old defenders year on year, Mourinho won league in 2015 comfortably with old defenders, ditto UCL at InterMilan with the likes of Zanetti, Lucio Samuel etc.

Even Wenger can win league with Adams, Keown, Bould, Dixon, Winterburn so Peps story is for the birds. He simply failed.

Chai.....na this angle I wan use right my epistle later today before.

I only want Nihilist to say yes or no to my qxn.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
Funlordjnr:
COBHAM UNDELIVERED MAIL RETURN:

"I’ve demonstrated I care for Atletico and have interest in playing for them. But if Atletico and Chelsea don’t come to an agreement and Atletico don’t make a big effort, I can’t keep on wanting to play for a club that isn’t going to make a bigger effort to try and sign me.

“I know that this will happen, but if it’s to pay the amount that Chelsea want it won’t be possible.

“What I know is that this offer Chelsea will get is bigger than what they paid, so I’ve given them something back in all senses.When we heard that Conte didn’t want me anymore, my agent went to find out if there was interest from Atletico for me coming back. Of course for the warmth and respect that I earned there, they showed interest. But they wouldn’t pay a fortune.Atletico is a team growing every year, a big team, but they can’t pay an extraordinary amount.

Chelsea have offered me to several clubs, but I was very clear with them. I said that if I’m not part of the manager’s plans, I would like to choose my destination. I’m not going to let them decide just to get more money.

“When I came to Chelsea they paid a lot less compared to what’s being offered to them. I think they should take into account everything that I’ve done. It’s not my fault that I’m not at the club. If it was down to me I’d be playing. It’s already been one month. Holidays are good but it gets tiresome.

“I didn’t provoke the situation, but now that it’s come to this the club has to think in two ways. Of course they need to get something back [in a sporting sense], like I gave them on the pitch, but financial as well. After three years they will receive a fee higher than what they paid.

I’ll be honest, I have my agent and none of that has reached me, People at the club called me before to give me extra holidays to not have contact with the manager.

“I was always meant to turn up with the group, but they were already saying that I’m going to have to come back and train with the reserves. I said that this was a lack of respect. We won the league and I haven’t done anything so serious to deserve being treated in that way.

“It won’t be the same as before, and we don’t know if the fight for the position will be fair. Because of me having exposed the text message I understand that he’ll be annoyed, so if I go back I have to see if things would be clean, just and correct.

“That’s how I like things. If I go back now I don’t think it will be a fair situation. It won’t be an honest fight for a position.”

Diego costa baba........mo' fire! grin

undecided how much did they buy Falcoa from porto

Chelsea isn't deciding your fate like they care, it's the cash that they are interested in and the ban on ATM did decide your fate not your silliness, gosh did he lose his brain in brazil

You don't love Chelsea, you can't even handle the matter professional now your doing cooperate begging.
Wait your too proud to do that and admit the reason Conte and Chelsea from liking you, wanting to extend your contract to seeing you has a liability

Respect is reciprocal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2017
diggz:

I specifically asked you that qxn bcuz it is actually the origin/basis of the entire age discourse. Dayo clearly said Pep failed due to players from age 30 and above without considering any other factor. He blamed it strictly on age and no other factor.

Are you ok with age being the only factor that led to peps failure in city last season?

Depends on how you want to look at it.

Man City had been chasing Pep for almost a decade. They went and signed several Barca staff in preparation. Infact they poached the Barca backroom so aggressively, that the Barca president was forced to shout Kilode in a press conference.

Combined with Peps comments that he would have been sacked at any other big club, it becomes apparent that league victory isn't the only parameter Pep is being assessed on by his superiors.

Don't be fooled into thinking that league title regardless of tactics equals success. Fabio Capello will tell you that such thoughts are fallacious in nature. Carlo Ancelotti will laugh you out of the room.

Pep was brought to play a particular style of football. The players he met were too old to play that style. So yes, old players were a key reason he did not win the league playing flamboyant football.

Of course, there's a counter argument that he could have adapted his tactics to suit the players he had, but if Sheik Mansour prioritized a league title at any cost, he would have kept Pellegrini or hired Tony Pulis.

The transfer trends at Etihad, and the fact that Pep is still in a job supports Raumdeuter's argument.

In conclusion, I think that there are really two questions you should be asking.

1. Could pep have won the league any which way with that squad? Possibly.

2. Could pep have won the league in the manner he is known for with that squad? NO.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
raumdeuter:

29yrs is around the prime age for a Center back since they do less running.

BTW I am only interested in confirmed signings not transfer rumors, Like we have been hearing Aubameyang, Alexis Messi Neymar should be in Man City now
lmao shebi Na you, always looking for way out
I wonder who takes you serious
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2017
Capello arrived at a Real Madrid side in 2006, suffering one of the longest spells without a trophy in their history.

He quickly drew the disdain of Real's ardent supporters because of his defensive playing style.

In interviews, Capello responded to those critics by saying that the beauty of attacking plays was old. He said that results were much more important than playing beautifully. He also added that "those days are over".

His remit was to bring the title back to Madrid, a task that had been too much for five other coaches since 2003.

Real Madrid won their 30th league title on the final day of the season by beating Mallorca 3–1 at home. The victory was achieved after Capello substituted an injured Beckham and brought on José Antonio Reyes. Real had been 1–0 down prior to the substitution and Reyes turned the match scoring two goals.

Despite winning La Liga, Capello was sacked on 28 June 2007 due to Real's pragmatic style of play at a club with recent memories of the individualistic and free-flowing, but ultimately unsuccessful, Galácticos era

Diggz any more qxns?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
HoopLA has had apari on lock down for the past few days now, but he has been scoring too many own goals recently and apari's voice is becoming louder.

Word of Advice, chill, go reload then you can continue to knock his gorimapa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
People always like to put their head in the sand when it comes to Pep issues.

He is sought after because of the brand of football he offers. Most club owners want to win and more imprtantly want to win a certain way.

City sacked Mancini who won a league title, sacked Pellegrini who won a league title bought everyone buyable from Barcas backroom staff because they want to win in a certain way. They want to play dominant football and win in a certain way.

If money is the hindrance they won't mind paying 50M for each player if its going to make them play a certain way

Bayern management saw Barcelona and said they want a team in Munich playing this way, Roman sacked Mourinho after winning everything in England because he wants to win a different way.

Using diggz favorite past time to explain below

If diggz hire a porn star to fuckkk him a certain way and she fuckkks him like just a regular Veronica. She come say since you bust nut its all the same. Diggz is here saying he doesn't just want to bust, he wants to nut in a certain type of way

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) ... (19086) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m), andrewbaba44, Leyqute(m), nateevs(m), KingAzubuike(f), GiftOfLyf, Bluelines69, walesdam(m), Twizzy30(m), Ballzproblem2, popizaino(m), fredoooooo, Neimarjr and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.