Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10419878 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (19101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
AirborneLacer:

I'm not arguing this - believe me.

Fact is, I've heard and seen enough of Nando's horrendous displays to try and make an excuse for him. Not in this life.

When it was obvious that the midfield weren't delivering enough of those clear-cut chances, what really stopped Nando from capitalizing on the minimal chances he got?

I Judge a good forward by his goals conversion rate. If a forward would wish for clear-cut chances every minute of the game then he's better off playing Video Games - It's feasible there.

Torres lost his finishing touch the day he stepped out of Anfield and the only two people who can offer it back to him are God and the World's best Psychologist.

It's not a case for Cesc.

So you admit that Torres didn't get the best service last season?

Please let me reiterate, Torres is undoubtedly useless, but my argument is that Costa would have struggled last season as well.

Have you forgotten how many times we were unable to breakdown teams last season? Bar Hazard, what other creative spark was there in that midfield?

Or you think it's coincidence that Fab has had a hand in almost 60% of our goals so far?

Costa's high conversion rate at the moment is due to a smaller sample size. The average conversion rate per season for top strikers is around 20%

My point is that Torres alone was not to blame for Torres's failure....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nihilist:
My point is that Torres alone was not to blame for Torres's failure....

my great great grandmother would have scored 6 league goals by now with cesc supplying the ammo behind her.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
Oh Jesus, Please let this news be true.

Having signed Danny Welbeck on deadline day despite not really wanting to, it appears Arsène Wenger has finally woken up to the fact that he has no defensive cover in his squad and is considering moves for free agents Joseph Yobo and Diego Lugano. Apparently former favourite Igors Stepanovs is also on the radar if he can be persuaded to leave his role as coach of Latvia’s Under-17s side but Oleg Luzhny has already said no.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
^^^ I can't even imagine a Defense duo of Joseph Yobo and Mertesacker or Lugano and Mertesacker
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
Dhellake: ^^^ I can't even imagine a Defense duo of Joseph Yobo and Mertesacker or Lugano and Mertesacker

With Arteta in front of them. Na this kain rumour fit carry me go babalawo to pray.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nihilist:

With Arteta in front of them. Na this kain rumour fit carry me go babalawo to pray.
Lol, I think it's all rumours but with Wenger, shitty deals like this are possible
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
coogar:

my great great grandmother would have scored 6 league goals by now with cesc supplying the ammo behind her.

Believe me she cant.

A particular logic doesn't support your assertion and that is:

If Drogba who's a proven forward could falter against Schalke despite being supplied with chances by Cesc & co, how much more your granny who doesn't even know what an offside is?

Potency is the word!

Torres is ineffective and just like Drogba of lastnite and probably your granny, he'd still falter in this current Chelsea side.

Costa possesses what is needed to bury Cesc's magical passes.

Superb positioning, an indefatigable centre-forward who hunts down opponents relentlessly, who works the channels tirelessly, and who has improved his goalscoring record significantly over the past 20 months. Utterly unselfish with his running, pressing and tackling.

A beast who presents defenders a serious nightmare eachtime he arrives the box - he rarely misses.

Tell me about Torres!

You dont just thrive b'cos you're playing with Cesc, you have to possess what is needed to thrive.

Torres doesn't possess that - not anymore.

Even if we're to sign up the best playmakers Heaven have got, Torres would keep missing.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tobiboss(m): 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nihilist:

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
AirborneLacer:
Believe me she cant.

A particular logic doesn't support your assertion and that is:

If Drogba who's a proven forward could falter against Schalke despite being supplied with chances by Cesc & co, how much more your granny who doesn't even know what an offside is?

your logic is lop-sided.
drogba was a proven forward - he's no longer what he used to be. even at drogba's mercurial best, he never achieved what nando did. nando was the 3rd best player in the world at a point in his career so who's drogba? the same drogba that got outscored by lampard for most of his time at chelsea?

you have a problem.....

Potency is the word!

Torres is ineffective and just like Drogba of lastnite and probably your granny, he'd still falter in this current Chelsea side.

Costa possesses what is needed to bury Cesc's magical passes.

Superb positioning, an indefatigable centre-forward who hunts down opponents relentlessly, who works the channels tirelessly, and who has improved his goalscoring record significantly over the past 20 months. Utterly unselfish with his running, pressing and tackling.

i will refer you back to my first post to dayo when he was comparing torres ahead of zhirkov to costa ahead of fabregas......

fabregas had the highest number of clear-cut chances in all the top 5 leagues last season. he puts it on the plate for the strikers. we ain't talking half chances here, we are talking chances that are easier than scoring from a penalty kick. are you kidding me?

A beast who presents defenders a serious nightmare eachtime he arrives the box - he rarely misses. Tell me about Torres!

You dont just thrive b'cos you're playing with Cesc, you have to possess what is needed to thrive.

torres is still the best striker when he's put through on goal by an intelligent midfielder. he broke scoring records under benitez at anfield doing that. i cannot count the number of times torres räped your defence & petr cech in that era. cesc was exactly what torres was lacking all these years......an intelligent midfielder with one of the best passing range on the planet.

mourinho has to be an idíot to prefer drogba to torres. it's a miscalculated risk & i am sure it would come back to haunt chelsea this season. drogba is old now - he is not the force he was years ago. who would drogba scare now in this day & age?

Torres doesn't possess that - not anymore.
Even if we're to sign up the best playmakers Heaven have got, Torres would keep missing.

he does - torres is only 30.
drogba is 36, he could be 40 if we consider the african factor. why would any manager trust him to deputise for costa. if costa does his cruciate ligament like he's done before, chelsea are toast this season.

what torres has always needed is a midfielder that can look up and isolate torres with the last defender with a good pass.....torres scored 80% of his goals at liverpool that way. he sat on the shoulder of the last man but he came to chelsea & he was converted to a midfielder.....getting involved in the build-up, supplying crosses & even creating chances.

what the fück was that about?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 9:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
UP CHELSEA!!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
coogar:

your logic is lop-sided.
drogba was a proven forward - he's no longer what he used to be. even at drogba's mercurial best, he never achieved what nando did. nando was the 3rd best player in the world at a point in his career so who's drogba? the same drogba that got outscored by lampard for most of his time at chelsea?

you have a problem.....

Drogba is never what he used to be yet you had the cojones to assert that your great grand-mother would score up to six so far Cesc's playing behind her? cheesy

That sarcasm implies that any kinda striker would flourish under Cesc, which I make bold to say is a fat LIE!

You have to be good to bury good chances.

coogar: i will refer you back to my first post to dayo when he was comparing torres ahead of zhirkov to costa ahead of fabregas......

fabregas had the highest number of clear-cut chances in all the top 5 leagues last season. he puts it on the plate for the strikers. we ain't talking half chances here, we are talking chances that are easier than scoring from a penalty kick. are you kidding me?

No one is debating Cesc's creativity, what we're debating is Torres' potency.

How many clear-cut chances does he need to score a single goal in a game?

coogar: torres is still the best striker when he's put through on goal by an intelligent midfielder. he broke scoring records under benitez at anfield doing that. i cannot count the number of times torres räped your defence & petr cech in that era. cesc was exactly what torres was lacking all these years......an intelligent midfielder with one of the best passing range on the planet.

mourinho has to be an idíot to prefer drogba to torres. it's a miscalculated risk & i am sure it would come back to haunt chelsea this season. drogba is old now - he is not the force he was years ago. who would drogba scare now in this day & age?

Put through on goal?

How many of that has Costa received so far?

Costa works himself into space, he doesn't allow defs to bully him instead he does the bullying, he doesn't mishit, he grabs every chance that comes his way.

Whenever he's in that phucking box, he's giving the defenders something to think about.

Chances doesn't come to those who wait, Torres is too phucking lazy to do what Costa does.

coogar: he does - torres is only 30.
drogba is 36, he could be 40 if we consider the african factor. why would any manager trust him to deputise for costa. if costa does his cruciate ligament like he's done before, chelsea are toast this season.

what torres has always needed is a midfielder that can look up and isolate torres with the last defender with a good pass.....torres scored 80% of his goals at liverpool that way. he sat on the shoulder of the last man but he came to chelsea & he was converted to a midfielder.....getting involved in the build-up, supplying crosses & even creating chances.

what the fück was that about?

Remy would do just fine if Costa sits out a game.

I'm not sure you've been seeing our games. Costa is a massive upgrade. He didn't have Cesc at A'madrid last season to be a success story, so how can Torres who's remotely controlled by a Juju planted somewhere in Abidjan do what Costa does?

Nando has lost it and there's no amount of defense you'd build up for your client that's going to move the Jury.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
Everton is presently mauling Wolfsburg, Raumdeuter, where are you?/
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Drogba is never what he used to be yet you had the cojones to assert that your great grand-mother would score up to six so far Cesc's playing behind her? cheesy

That sarcasm implies that any kinda striker would flourish under Cesc, which I make bold to say is a fat LIE!

You have to be good to bury good chances.

the sarcasm implied my great great great grandmother is better than the current drogba.

No one is debating Cesc's creativity, what we're debating is Torres' potency.

How many clear-cut chances does he need to score a single goal in a game?

torres needs 2 clear-cut chances to score a goal. he's very clinical, super clinical. he's as good with 1 v 1 as chicharito.

Put through on goal?
How many of that has Costa received so far?

discuss costa's first goal against everton. grin

Costa works himself into space, he doesn't allow defs to bully him instead he does the bullying, he doesn't mishit, he grabs every chance that comes his way.

Whenever he's in that phucking box, he's giving the defenders something to think about.

torres does the same - i gave up on chelsea midfielders last season when watching your season review in my cousin's house. i couldn't count the number of times torres made direct runs only for hazard or oscar to slow down the build up cos they are too mediocre to find a final pass.

Chances doesn't come to those who wait, Torres is too phucking lazy to do what Costa does. Remy would do just fine if Costa sits out a game.

loic remy isn't better than demba ba.

I'm not sure you've been seeing our games. Costa is a massive upgrade. He didn't have Cesc at A'madrid last season to be a success story, so how can Torres who's remotely controlled by a Juju planted somewhere in Abidjan do what Costa does?

cesc's passes are the massive upgrade - not costa. costa's runs are well seen by cesc & he has that ability to locate his striker with the pass. once you have that behind you, the rest is easy. costa has started well & the confidence is there for him.

torres didn't have that in jan 2011.

Nando has lost it and there's no amount of defense you'd build up for your client that's going to move the Jury.

nando is a beast!
his accolades shame any player you have had at chelsea in the last 100 years. torres has won everything for club & country. he was once voted the 3rd best player in the world - how many chelsea players have reached that pinnacle?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
I thought the Torres argument would stop after he left. Please stop arguing and let his ghost keep resting @Milan.

These constant mentions he's getting here. . .

Beast or not, His ghost mustn't come back o embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hours ago:

Bayern 1 v 0 Man Citeh
Chelsea 1 v 1 Schalke
Dortmund 2 v 0 Arsenal

Germany 4 v 1 England

Minutes ago:

Everton 4 v 0 Wolfsburg

Raumdeuter I need a calculator!

What Germany can do in three phucking stadia, in 270mins and in two days, England can do in one stadium, in 90mins and in a day with a damn clean sheet cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
Coogar's man-crush on Torres isn't helping issues at all cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brisingr(m): 12:25am On Sep 19, 2014
coogar:
nando is a beast!
his accolades shame any player you have had at chelsea in the last 100 years. torres has won everything for club & country. he was once voted the 3rd best player in the world - how many chelsea players have reached that pinnacle?
Frank lampard
and i don't think Torres has one the EPL before.
I would say you should stop sticking up for this guy but that will never change.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:40am On Sep 19, 2014
Brisingr:
Frank lampard
and i don't think Torres has one the EPL before.
I would say you should stop sticking up for this guy but that will never change.

torres has won the world cup, euros, champs league, fa cup, europa league, etc. he's the daddy of titles.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 19, 2014
Cant still believe Lampard is goin' to square up against Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 10:14am On Sep 19, 2014
AirborneLacer: Cant still believe Lampard is goin' to square up against Chelsea.

IF selected, chances of which are at par with the Papacy of Cardinal Arinze. I'm sure he would avoid it, if he can help it, but sadly, he can't.

Let's free Lamps to do whatever he wants jare. That bros gave us the better part of two decades to do whatever we wanted with him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 19, 2014
nitlad:

IF selected, chances of which are at par with the Papacy of Cardinal Arinze. I'm sure he would avoid it, if he can help it, but sadly, he can't.

Let's free Lamps to do whatever he wants jare. That bros gave us the better part of two decades to do whatever we wanted with him.

True that.

Yaya and Fernandinho are fit though, so Franky gotta watch from a distance.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
AirborneLacer: Hours ago:

Bayern 1 v 0 Man Citeh
Chelsea 1 v 1 Schalke
Dortmund 2 v 0 Arsenal

Germany 4 v 1 England

Minutes ago:

Everton 4 v 0 Wolfsburg

Raumdeuter I need a calculator!

What Germany can do in three phucking stadia, in 270mins and in two days, England can do in one stadium, in 90mins and in a day with a damn clean sheet cheesy grin

4 matches, 2 wins 1 draw 1 loss.

Do the math
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ewosk: 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
Conversation between;
Eden Hazard and Angel Di
Maria.
Hazard: I heard man.utd
fan making noise, saying
dat u are d best compared to me?
Di Maria: yes of couse
man.
Hazard: which year u start
playing senior club football,
and which club. Di Maria: it was in 2005
when i make my first senior
debut, for Rosario Central.
Hazard: from 2005-to-now.
Which clubs have played
for? How many league appearances & goals
scored for each club?
Di Maria: 2005-07 Rosario
Central 35app. 6goals.
2007-10 Benfica 76app.
7goals. 2010-14 Real Madrid
147app. 22goals.
2014-present Man. Utd
2app. 1goals.
Total=237app. 36goals.
And what abt u? Hazard: my first club senior
debut was in 2007.
2007-12 Lille 147app.
36goals.
2012-present Chelsea
72app. 22goals. Total=219app. 60goals.
So now tell me who is the
best.
Di Maria: I concentrate on
making play, creating
chances, and one on one dribbling. Rather than
scoring goals.
Hazard: how many
individual awards have u
won.
Di Maria: hmm, hmm, i have won player of the
match so many times, and
also player of the month
once.
Hazard: i have won UNFP
Ligue 1 player of the year (2*).
Ligue 1 young player of the
year (2*).
PFA young player of the
year once.
PFA team of the year (2*). Bravo award once, etc, etc.
Di Maria: wow, wow oh, so
great.
I'm sorry Mr. Hazard. I will
tell all man.utd fans to stop
comparing U & I

Nb:: Copied

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
senseless yans #pfft
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
SailorXY: senseless yans #pfft

let them be deceiving themselves....
di maria has won champions league & a league title. what has hazard won? hazard isn't even better than mata, let alone angel di maria. the conversation & the drunk that composed that nonsense should be sent to the nazi camp & gassed!

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
AirborneLacer: Like I'd always say 'Forget Lewis Baker, Borga is the real deal' cool

Just check this goal out - Kid has got incredible close control and quick feet.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/16/chelsea-youngster-jeremie-boga-scores-stunning-goal-against-everton-4870672/
he plays exactly like hazard....that position(LWF) is secured for the next 15 years.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Wembley will host both semifinals, and the final of Euro 2020!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
coogar:

let them be deceiving themselves....
di maria has won champions league & a league title. what has hazard won? hazard isn't even better than mata, let alone angel di maria. the conversation & the drunk that composed that nonsense should be sent to the nazi camp & gassed!
after all, they told us Oscar & Matic are among the best players in the world as far as their positions are concerned, yet they return every match day to highlight how same players stink always wink

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
SailorXY:
after all, they told us Oscar & Matic are among the best players in the world as far as their positions are concerned, yet they return every match day to highlight how same players stink always wink

oscar - a poor man's mata
matic - the okrika version of daley blind.

what is keeping chelsea afloat this season is the cesc--->costa link. that's jose's best transfer business in his entire career. if one of them gets injured, chelsea go hear am!!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:45pm On Sep 19, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nihilist: Speaking of Hazard....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHyAq8kLcsY

Always a genius cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 10:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
Please is there anyone to analyse what happened in the video?

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (19101) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: onyeomaonyeoma(m), Thazard(m), WhoDeyHause, hateshit and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.