Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10424105 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) ... (19103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
donjazet:

Nateevs listen, there is a big difference between investigative journalism and entrapment. It is something if big sam was doing something ILLEGAL but it is different when some journalists say common let's go and test him or set him up and see if he would fall. Its ludicrous!!! Its just like the serpent giving eve the apple.
What sam did was basically of human nature, man is greedy, man ultimately works towards money and how many pple will not actually CONSIDER it??

My point is sam was ethically wrong in saying things he did but he should not be OVER criticized for considering it. It would be hypocritical to do so as not many pple would act differently. And I am not alone in thinking so as this picture below depicts.

I understand what you're saying,but the only way they were going to expose these kind of shenanigans is to setup a sting.

Afterall, nobody other than the dodgy parties sit in the room when the deals are going down.

That is how the Telegraph are able to argue that their sting was organized in public interest.

It really does go to show that while some people are quite happy to wallow in ignorance, some other 'mad people' are actually out there carrying out the 'fbi investigation' of football deals...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
A40:

I told you. KWARUPSHIN is very very rife in your league

More to come. Asiri ti'n tu

Oga calm down.

I never said there is no corruption in EPL. What I asked you that day is why there are three convicted or indicted criminals inside the Bayern Boardroom?

Even this kasala wey burst for EPL, na one-one criminal dey each organisation. One at England, One at QPR. Yet Only odindin Bayern carry 3?! grin

I doubt even a died in the wool thief like Chief Tewonde George has 3 thieves in his inner circle...

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Congrats bro, 10 corners gan gan....Ow far, ow u go send my own share, I need am badly.

Dollars is now 400+, at all at all, na hin bad.

Why u dey disturb another person for money when u can actually make ur own cool cash online without any stress!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
Masterkolinks:

Why u dey disturb another person for money when u can actually make ur own cool cash online without any stress!!!
Oga abeg elucidate more on the above!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nihilist:

Oga calm down.

I never said there is no corruption in EPL. What I asked you that day is why there are three convicted or indicted criminals inside the Bayern Boardroom?

Even this kasala wey burst for EPL, na one-one criminal dey each organisation. One at England, One at QPR. Yet Only odindin Bayern carry 3?! grin

I doubt even a died in the wool thief like Chief Tewonde George has 3 thieves in his inner circle...
Lol chale we are talking of potentially league wide corruption with refs and more that has seen the exit of the manager with the biggest job in the land.

You are talking of a guy ducking taxes, and another accused of bribing for a world cup we all know you kinda have to bribe your way to get to host anyway. Completely off field issues

I am talking of systematic and institutional kwarupshin that goes on both on and off the pitch

There are levels to this gee

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by stuff46(m): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
Skimpledawg:
Oga abeg elucidate more on the above!
Ogbeni isit that bad?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
I wrote this few days back and here is conte confirming my thoughts about this team..

donjazet:
When mourinho said he had made made average players look world class and win the EPL.. We thought he was boisterously arrogant. But when you look at this squad you begin to think? How exactly did Ivanovic, matic, cahill, obi, willan and Oscar win the league?? These are all average players.

Of course he cannot be absolved of the failure but on Saturday there was something I missed.. Mourinhos appearance alone on the dugout had this mental psychological block on the arsenal players.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1875841/chelsea-transfer-news-five-blues-stars-set-to-face-the-axe-as-antonio-conte-lines-up-major-shake-up/

Conte – fresh from his time with the Italian national side – was happy be managed to land former Leicester midfielder N’Golo Kante, but is said to be angered at the Stamford Bridge hierarchy’s lack of ambition in helping him land other key targets.

According To Reports, The Signing Of Michy Batshuayi Was Completed In Order To Pacify Sporting Director Michael Emenalo.

Meanwhile, the late swoop for David Luiz and Marcos Alonso was purely desperation in order to give the squad depth.

Antonio Conte is set to axe five big-name Chelsea players, including Branislav Ivanovic
Conte has told Roman Abramovich the squad needs to be torn down to its foundations and rebuilt – starting with a five-player cull in January.

The players with their heads on the block appear to be Nemanja Matic, Branislav Ivanovic, Cesc Fabregas, Oscar and Gary Cahill.

Italian ace Conte is less than impressed with the quintet, suggesting they were purely over-performing at times under Jose Mourinho and they will never be able to replicate that form again.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
stuff46:

Ogbeni isit that bad?
grin....Park well
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
Dear @ChelseaFC, Don't do another KDB, activate Thorgan Hazard's buyback clause before it expires. Sincerely, Every Chelsea fan with a clue.

— All Things Chelsea (@RomansMafia) September 28, 2016

Thorgan Hazard has now been involved in eight goals (7 goals, 1 assist) in his last eight games for Borussia Monchengladbach. Buyback.

— OptaChelsea (@OptaChels) September 28, 2016

Thorgan Hazard would cost @ChelseaFC – €15m (£12.93m) #cfc

— Adam-Thibauted (@Chalobahed) September 28, 2016

Thorgan hazard has scored 8 goals this season, and Willian has scored 20 his whole Chelsea career..

— ㅤㅤㅤ (@Oscarholic) September 28, 2016

Thorgan Hazard this season:
10 games
550 minutes
7 goals
3 assists
Decisive every 55 mins. #cfc

— Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland) September 28, 2016

Patrick Herrmann on Thorgan Hazard's goal:

"I've rarely experienced an atmosphere like that after a goal. It was like an earthquake!" pic.twitter.com/1gyGzoEcYL

— Squawka News (@SquawkaNews) September 28, 2016

Next season:

Tammy Abraham
Thorgan Hazard
Andreas Christensen
Lewis Baker
Charly Musonda

Cost: €15m

— Danté (@ConteWarMachine) September 28, 2016

Thorgan Hazard was @WhoScored's Man of the Match vs Barcelona. pic.twitter.com/9zZa47ZqRA

— Hazard Stuff (@HazardStuff) September 28, 2016

Thorgan Hazard keeps doing stuff. At a buyback price of just €15m it would be stupid for #CFC not to use it, even if just to spin a profit.

— Chelsea Youth (@chelseayouth) September 28, 2016

I guess the fans are at it again!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
Masterkolinks:

Ehehnnn.....are you serious
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
donjazet:
I wrote this few days back and here is conte confirming my thoughts about this team..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1875841/chelsea-transfer-news-five-blues-stars-set-to-face-the-axe-as-antonio-conte-lines-up-major-shake-up/

I don't know about overperforming because Jose finished 3rd in his first season with those players. And with Torres upfront too! Matic was in mad form when he arrived in January, and continued to show his form in the next season.

Now obviously, with some of these guys age has simply caught up with them especially the likes of Ivanovic and Cahill. I think Cahill in particular has always benefitted from John Terry organising his movement in defence, and he has decidedly looked very crap since Terry got injured.

I'm going to be very upfront here and say that I don't relieve believe in Conte. Juventus have now won the league 5 times in a row...and they're topping the table again

2 different managers, achieving the same result in 5 consecutive years tells me that the league title is pretty much a foregone conclusion. The average age of the Juve squad is probably like 100 years old, and it seems like a place where grandpas go to die, yet last season they won the league with 3 games to spare.

I'm not convinced he is getting the best out of this squad, so I doubt his ability to improve with new players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nihilist:
I don't know about overperforming because Jose finished 3rd in his first season with those players. And with Torres upfront too! Matic was in mad form when he arrived in January, and continued to show his form in the next season.

Now obviously, with some of these guys age has simply caught up with them especially the likes of Ivanovic and Cahill. I think Cahill in particular has always benefitted from John Terry organising his movement in defence, and he has decidedly looked very crap since Terry got injured.

Cahill is soapy. That nigga is 30. for a central defender, thats still a fairly good age. Age can be the excuse for Terry and Ivanovic but not for the Oshe dudu Osun Cahill

I'm going to be very upfront here and say that I don't relieve believe in Conte. Juventus have now won the league 5 times in a row...and they're topping the table again

So which coach do you believe in? Give 3-5 names who will work for Chelsea

2 different managers, achieving the same result in 5 consecutive years tells me that the league title is pretty much a foregone conclusion. The average age of the Juve squad is probably like 100 years old, and it seems like a place where grandpas go to die, yet last season they won the league with 3 games to spare.

Where was Juventus before he took over from Luigi Del Neri? What of his work with the Italian NT at the last Euros?

I'm not convinced he is getting the best out of this squad, so I doubt his ability to improve with new players

I'm not saying I believe in Conte or don't but the excuse of winning the Serie A is poor,

Assuming Moyes was able to win the EPL does that mean the man he took over from Fergie is not a good coach?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nihilist:

I think you are wrong in understating and underestimating Conte's achievements with juve. They had finish 7th the TWO previous seasons. He came, steadied the ship, gave them self belief and confidence again. Improved them tactfully by introducing the now famous 352. Has all the credit for moulding and shaping paul pogba.

He Has the highest league record in all of europe till date.
He broke many domestic records.

He basically laid the foundation for their modern success. just like mou did for chelsea in his first stint, pep/cruyf did for barca, and van gaal/henykens jupp for Bayern.

The only negative in his CV might be his supposed underperformance in Europe but this may excused considering his limited exposure there (3 years). But the fact that juve reached the final a year showed that what he did there worked subsequently.

I believe that given time, he will succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
bigkesh:
The Times,cmon you got it wrong
Our 'Einsteins' believe Emenalo is just a figure head and I believe them over you guys

donjazet:

Conte – fresh from his time with the Italian national side – was happy be managed to land former Leicester midfielder N’Golo Kante, but is said to be angered at the Stamford Bridge hierarchy’s lack of ambition in helping him land other key targets.

According To Reports, The Signing Of Michy Batshuayi Was Completed In Order To Pacify Sporting Director Michael Emenalo.

The minute some niggas pit their tents with Emenalo as a mere figurehead ignoring all facts and past history, the reality will catch up with them.

Props to Emenalo on Batshuayi signing though, I like him as a player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

Cahill is soapy. That nigga is 30. for a central defender, thats still a fairly good age. Age can be the excuse for Terry and Ivanovic but not for the Oshe dudu Osun Cahill

So which coach do you believe in? Give 3-5 names who will work for Chelsea

Where was Juventus before he took over from Luigi Del Neri? What of his work with the Italian NT at the last Euros?

I'm not saying I believe in Conte or don't but the excuse of winning the Serie A is poor,

Assuming Moyes was able to win the EPL does that mean the man he took over from Fergie is not a good coach?

You're nitpicking at points that are neither here or there with regards to Cahill. It's not like I didn't mention that he was crap. Infact,during the times when 'midfield' was the reigning excuse for poor form a few years back, I was one of the dudes pointing out that our defence was creaky and should be given priority in recruitment.

That being said, this same team finished 3rd and 1st within the last two years. Jose can say his usual yarns, but we all know that anything that comes out of Jose's mouth is to further the Jose brand and deflect trouble/failures elsewhere. But he gets a pass.

He's a champion not just in multiple countries but in Europe. As far as football goes, Jose is one of the most successful to ever get involved in the game. He's a bona-fide legend with a secure and assured legacy.

Conte on the other hand has only won in an Italian league widely seen as one of the most, if not the most corrupt leagues in civilised Europe. He managed the biggest and most succesful team there which has now won the league 5 times in a row...and are topping the league yet again.

The fact that his predecessor is looking like replicating his feat with no stress, whilst managing a team of pensioners suggests to me that even Moyes has a fair crack at success given the same opportunity.

Your Moyes analogy makes no sense. Moyes did not and could not have won the EPL for the very reasons I highlighted up there. EPL is not a one horse league like Serie A and Bayernliga.

I don't feel Conte has done enough in his career to justify making such a statement. When he wins a trophy in a more competitive league,I will take him more serious.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ibime:

The minute some niggas pit their tents with Emenalo as a mere figurehead ignoring all facts and past history, the reality will catch up with them.

Props to Emenalo on Batshuayi signing though, I like him as a player.

24 hours later you still can't explain why 15 of our players are signed to the same man.

The same man who a sports lawyer told you is partly responsible for Roman's purchase of Chelsea.

What if I told you that some of the targets we were linked just this summer with are signed with that same agency?

Koilibaly? Witsel? Thiago Maia?

How come?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
donjazet:

I think you are wrong in understating and underestimating Conte's achievements with juve. They had finish 7th the TWO previous seasons. He came, steadied the ship, gave them self belief and confidence again. Improved them tactfully by introducing the now famous 352. Has all the credit for moulding and shaping paul pogba.

He Has the highest league record in all of europe till date.
He broke many domestic records.

He basically laid the foundation for their modern success. just like mou did for chelsea in his first stint, pep/cruyf did for barca, and van gaal/henykens jupp for Bayern.

The only negative in his CV might be his supposed underperformance in Europe but this may excused considering his limited exposure there (3 years). But the fact that juve reached the final a year showed that what he did there worked subsequently.

I believe that given time, he will succeed.

I did not say Conte is a bad coach.

A bad coach cannot win the league 3 times in a row.

Yet, when you consider that only 2 Italian teams have made UCL group stages for the last 6 seasons, and the fact that Juve have won 5 straight years, it becomes obvious that there as much of a challenge in the Serie A as there is elsewhere.

And for me, that means that Conte is still somewhat unproven....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
donjazet:

I think you are wrong in understating and underestimating Conte's achievements with juve. They had finish 7th the TWO previous seasons. He came, steadied the ship, gave them self belief and confidence again. Improved them tactfully by introducing the now famous 352.

Hey bro,

I hope you are not implying A. Conte introduced or made the 3-5-2 formation famous in the Italian Serie A, because that would be false.

Current Watford coach Walter Mazzarri made the 3-5-2 formation popular during his stint at Napoli. He played Campagnaro, Cannavarro and Gamberrini as defenders, while Maggio and Zuniga were his wing backs. It was quite successful during his reign.

P.S: This is in the instance you believe Conte introduced the 3-5-2 before Mazzarri.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nihilist:

24 hours later you still can't explain why 15 of our players are signed to the same man.

The same man who a sports lawyer told you is partly responsible for Roman's purchase of Chelsea.

What if I told you that some of the targets we were linked just this summer with are signed with that same agency?

Koilibaly? Witsel? Thiago Maia?

How come?

You think I pay that nonsense post any mind? Too busy for bullshyt.

Go and count how many players in other clubs belong to the same super agent.

15 players in 13 years is nothing for a club that has turned over more than 400 players in that time. But then again, Maths was never your strong point.

I can show you clubs that have twice as many from one agent in same timeframe, so relax your brain Einstein. Ain't got time for nonsense yarns.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ibime:

You think I pay that nonsense post any mind? Too busy for bullshyt.

Go and count how many players in other clubs belong to the same super agent.

15 players in 13 years is nothing for a club that has turned over more than 400 players in that time. But then again, Maths was never your strong point.

I can show you clubs that have twice as many from one agent in same timeframe, so relax your brain Einstein. Ain't got time for nonsense yarns.

grin

Of course you won't have time for bullshyt when something that threatens your Emenalo fantasies pops up in your face.

If it's to argue irrelevant points, you will pop up.

Those 15 plus players I mentioned were just over the last 3 or 4 years with the exception of Alex, and a large number of them are currently in the first team.

In my line of work as an independent contractor, I have to deal with agents to find new opportunities when I can. Several companies I've worked for have Preferred Suppliers Lists where they only deal with one or two recruiting agencies.

If you see 5 or 6 players in one team sharing the same agent, logic tells you that club has a PSL.

Logically the next thing to consider is, how come a large concentration of first team players are represented by one guy?

Does the TD have the power to maintain a PSL? Or is this done higher up at the club.

You're right about one thing though. Maths isn't really my strong point....thats why I pay an accountant like you to do my books.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by stuff46(m): 10:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
Skimpledawg:
grin....Park well
show me the garage na
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 6:47am On Sep 30, 2016
LMAO
3-0 fit do person something o...
See what Arsenal has turned Chelsea into;
bullshyt yarns, online biz and Conte's girlfriends? Life is so unfair.
cheesycheesycheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:38am On Sep 30, 2016
Na wa O. .

Ki le gbe ki le ju. . grin

You're right about one thing though. Maths isn't really my strong point....thats why I pay an accountant like you to do my books.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:28am On Sep 30, 2016
Pretty strong Allegations from the Times here...

The story of Chelsea’s future begins with a defender José Mourinho did not want and André Villas-Boas brutally cut loose. It takes in a former Brazilian president, a bribery scandal and a ubiquitous Iranian fixer, and ends with Roman Abramovich lavishing more than £70 million — thus far — to add a dash of the Seleção to Stamford Bridge.

At the centre of it all is a Brazilian agent, Giuliano Bertolucci, whose influence on the game in football’s most iconic nation is so great that his peers refer to him as Giuliano Berlusconi.
Those who know him say he is adored by his players, feared by their clubs and trusted implicitly by Abramovich and his advisers. He helped to smooth Ramires’s move to London and represents David Luiz, Lucas Piazón and, most famously, Oscar, brought to Stamford Bridge for £25 million this summer. In other words, Bertolucci is the man Abramovich has entrusted with his vision of creating a Chelsea built in the image of Brazil.

For that, perversely, the Russian has Alex, the burly defender signed from PSV Eindhoven in 2007, much to Mourinho’s chagrin, to thank. It was during negotiations to take the defender to Holland that Piet de Visser, now one of Abramovich’s chief advisers but then working as a scout at PSV, first met Bertolucci. The two struck up an accord. It was a relationship that would bear fruit.

By that stage, the Brazilian was making inroads into the European market elsewhere, too. He had several clients at Corinthians, and had a fine rapport with Andrés Sánchez, the club’s president. When Kia Joorabchian’s MSI consortium took over the club, Sánchez recommended Bertolucci to the Iranian. Bertolucci also had a good relationship with Luís Filipe Vieira, then the president of Alverca, a lower league side based in Lisbon and affiliated to Benfica. When, in 2003, Vieira took over the running of the senior club, he continued to use Bertolucci’s services extensively.

“He has a tremendous eye for a player, for knowing who will make it,” says Gustavo Arribas, an Argentinian agent who has worked extensively with Bertolucci in South America. “That is the most important skill an agent can have, and Giuliano is exceptionally good at it.”
But while Bertolucci’s clients speak extraordinarily well of him, praising his assiduousness and his loyalty, a number of clubs, particularly in his homeland, have been rather less impressed with his work. São Paulo, in particular, have been left aggrieved. Two of Chelsea’s Brazilian contingent, Oscar and Piazón, have passed through the club, both enduring what might be termed contractual difficulties for which São Paulo have blamed Bertolucci.

Both players — as well as the striker Henrique, another Bertolucci client — refused to sign contract extensions at São Paulo in 2010, threatening to take the club to court unless they were permitted to leave. Casemiro, a midfielder, revealed at the same time that he had been offered a bribe worth £300,000 and the promise of a move first to Benfica and then to Chelsea by Bertolucci if he rejected his contract offer.
Casemiro refused; Piazón and Henrique took their claims out of court and Oscar left to join Internacional, a move beset by legal difficulties that were only resolved this year. Bertolucci is believed to have helped Oscar’s new employers pay the player’s transfer fee. His reward was around 10 per cent of the £20 million Chelsea paid Internacional to sign the playmaker this summer.

Juvenal Juvêncio, the São Paulo president, vowed never to deal with Bertolucci again. He even sought talks with Lula, the country’s socialist president, in an attempt to curb agents’ powers. It is a measure of Bertolucci’s influence, though, that those problems have now been long forgotten. “There are no issues with him,” Adalberto Baptista, São Paulo’s chief executive, told The Times. “Everything has been resolved satisfactorily.” Internacional, too, speak highly of him. If Chelsea’s Brazilian contingent provide Abramovich with the side he dreams of, his star will remain in the ascendant at Stamford Bridge, too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:37am On Sep 30, 2016
Eurosport also looking at the obvious here:

There is a feeling that for Michael Emenalo, for so long the focus of fans' palpable discord, time may be finally running out. The affable, but quite calculating Nigerian has been blamed for many things while at Chelsea – some fair, some less so.

He bears the brunt of many fans’ ire because, unlike mere managers such as Jose Mourinho or Carlo Ancelotti, it is difficult to quantify exactly what he does. J[b]udging him on results is tricky, because few can realistically say what initiatives or signings were actually his decision, and which came from either above or from some other nebulous quantity in the Court of King Roman.[/b]

Certainly there have been successes: he played a key role in the decisions to sign, for example, Kevin De Brune and Romelu Lukaku – both then moved out of the club under the influence of Mourinho, in decisions much regretted since. The unpopular moves lumped upon him – the appointment of Rafael Benitez, the failure of the academy to strike first-team gold, the signings of players not fit for the shirt – vary in terms of culpability between his stall, and several others close to the club board.

The biggest thing in his favour is arguably also the strongest point of criticism: that, like those who dealt with King Henry, Emenalo has learned in relations with his own superior that you can only go so far in disagreeing with the man at the very top.

There is a strong argument Chelsea would benefit from having someone in his position less concerned with simply doing the main man's bidding, and more with challenging such orders with the benefit of actual relevant hands-on experience.

[size=14pt]The signs that Emenalo's star is fading are subtle – but difficult to ignore. He is understood to have objected to two of the more controversial signings of the January window: the taking of Alexandre Pato on loan, and the buying outright of Matt Miazga.

Both deals bore the fingerprints of football agent and fixer Kia Joorabchian – who immediately before had managed to secure a remarkable £25m for Chelsea to ship fringe midfielder Ramires to China.

The unofficial position as Chelsea's preferred agent, taken for the most part by Jorge Mendes during Mourinho's tenure, seems to have been recently occupied by Joorabchian.[/size] And, with manager-in-waiting Antonio Conte apparently making noises about wanting his own man in at technical director level, the news for Emenalo does not look especially promising.

That is something he may be aware of, given that those schooled in reading his body language talk in recent weeks of a more closed and less effusive quality than normal in his manner.

Abramovich is famously a hard taskmaster – and this latest movement in his cloud of advisors is unlikely to be the last. Though at this stage Emenalo will be grateful that it is King Roman and not King Henry who is his employer: for one imagines any severance package might be slightly more personally beneficial than those handed out to all of those Thomases.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2016
Nihilist:
Eurosport also looking at the obvious here:

Always give links/source of your stories for credibility.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:22am On Sep 30, 2016
donjazet:

Always give links/source of your stories for credibility.

You can always copy the first line of the article and paste into google sir. It's quite easy, and will also help learn to develop the habit of searching for for knowledge.

See link below:

http://bfy.tw/7xd2

You need a paid subscription to read The Times though.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
Just read that we have the third highest wage bill in Europe!!! shocked shocked shocked

Shocking!!!! Considering the players in the squad.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SlaughterGang: 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
donjazet:
Just read that we have the third highest wage bill in Europe!!! shocked shocked shocked

Shocking!!!! Considering the players in the squad.

Money doesn't win titles...What a shitty_ club you have cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
Imagine the irony, we have two players in our squad that cost us 50m and 90m but money doesn't win another club titles

It's none of my business
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SlaughterGang: 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
dopeJemi:
Imagine the irony, we have two players in our squad that cost us 50m and 90m but money doesn't win another club titles

It's none of my business

Warrisdis now? Na me force mourinho to buy dabbing king?...The only signing I approved was Mikitaryan besides we finished above chelshìt cool and we are prepared to do it again...and transfer is totally different from wage bill!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) ... (19103) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tobiboss(m), Itsrm(m), Ukobi, fredoooooo and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.