Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10381172 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) ... (19066) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ariano10(m): 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ibime:

How would he eat for 2 days when he was the one marking Drogba for the corner?

don't mind that mumu of a defender
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ibime:
Sanchez won't be allowed to join an English team till his contract expires.
L
Meanwhile Virgil Van Dijk dey market for £25m

I don't know how we missed that guy.

I used to think Fonte was the man at Southampton. VVD just came and took bossing to new levels.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
Griffon:

You keep throwing around these lines like they excuses you from the use of logic. Do you even go through what you post at times?

If JT wasn't good enough, could he have enjoyed that longevity at Chelsea? If he wasn't making impacts, could he have lasted this long? Which sensible franchise retains a leader who isn't stirring his team to success for more than a decade?

I've got time, so I am going to educate you on what impact really is. Grab a pen and a book egbon, this one na evening class.

Impact could be defined as the powerful effect sth has on sb/sth. Using it in a sentence, you can easily say; John Terry's half-time speech made a profound impact on his team-mates.

Looking at some other ways John Terry could have made impacts at Chelsea. Here are stats that'll interest you:

1. With 40 league goals to his name, JT stands as Chelsea's and Premier League highest scoring defender. His total puts him ahead of David Unsworth, Ian Harte and Leighton Baines, and it is even more impressive considering his goals have come from open play rather than penalties or free-kicks.

2. He is one of five players at Chelsea to have made over 500 apps for the club.

3. He is Chelsea's most successful captain, having led them to four Premier League titles, four FA Cups, three League Cups and one UEFA Champions League title since 2004

4. He was named UEFA Club Defender of the Year in 2005, 2008 and 2009, PFA Players' Player of the Year in 2005, and was included in the FIFPro World XI for five consecutive seasons, from 2005 to 2009.

5. He was also named in the all-star squad for the 2006 FIFA World Cup, the only English player to make the team.

6. In 2007, he became the first captain to lift the FA Cup at the new Wembley Stadium in Chelsea's 1–0 win over Manchester United, and also the first player to score an international goal there, scoring a header in England's 1–1 draw with Brazil.

7. In Chelsea's league title winning seasons, this was how JT fared:

2004/05 (36 apps, 3 goals)
2005/06 (38 apps, 4 goals)
2009/10 (37 apps, 2 goals)
2014/15 (38 apps, 5 goals)

A cursory glance at this stats above would inform you that the captain himself was hugely involved in those titles wins. A whopping total of 467 of his appearances have come as starts, with just 16 from the bench, and his disciplinary record stands at 68 bookings and six red cards.

8. Only Giggs, Frank Lampard and Scholes have recorded more Premier League wins than Terry, whose total of 303 Premier League victories gives him a career win percentage of 63 per cent.

9. He has played under 10 different managers at Stamford Bridge, and in 2014/15 he became one of only two outfield players in Premier League history to have played every minute of a title-winning season after ex-Manchester United defender Gary Pallister in 1992/93 and 1994/95.

Before I bring this evening class to a close, I would love to know if you've got any questions for me. If there is none, I'll advice you to make for yourself a sculpture of John Terry, position it close to your bed and bow to it each morning before you step outta your door.

Thank you.

You just wasted your time bro.

Raumdeuter's hate for Terry is not based on Logic.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
ariano10:
useless boatank

Ibime:
How would he eat for 2 days when he was the one marking Drogba for the corner?

Yet the useless John terry didnt miss a meal after being disgraced by Shabani Nonda from Congo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ariano10(m): 10:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
raumdeuter:

Yet the useless John terry didnt miss a meal after being disgraced by Shabani Nonda from Congo

oga abeg crawl back to ur hole
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nihilist:

Rumdeuter's hate for Terry is not based on Logic.

The hate for John Terry is based out of being useless. Players who just form activity on the field without any work done. Been asking for Terrys performance nothing since The best was to show me th awards he won at the ballots

Of the many CL semi that CHelsea played I found out the bulk of the goals conceded by Chelsea was due to Terry being useless.

The times Chelsea won anything in Europe was when Terry was not there to disrupt the game

The NT is no different, at his last world cup game he was one of the flops of the day

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
ariano10:
oga abeg crawl back to ur hole

You should know more about holes since you live in one. Terry is a very useless defender whose relevance is only on ballot box take that back into your hole

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
diggz:

If you have Sanchez readily available in the squad and Alonso,who will you choose to play on that side of the pitch?
My guy there is no way a player like Sanchez who is more productive attacking wise than Willian and Pedro to play LWB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
ariano10:
useless boatank

That moment boathand pushed drogba to head home that equaliser, was the only time he impressed me. He should be happy he played against a legend like drogba. I dont know why he went on hunger strike. He should have declared a party for the likes of ramuzaki.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
Southampton knocked out of Europa by Hapoel Beer

By tomorrow when the coefficients are updated we would be here to analyze the coefficient earned this season alone between the Bundesliga and the EPL to know the 2nd best league in Europe after the La Liga
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 4:45am On Dec 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

By tomorrow when the coefficients are updated we would be here to analyze the coefficient earned this season alone between the Bundesliga and the EPL to know the 2nd best league in Europe after the La Liga
you didn't say this in the champions league...

In the UCL 3 premier league team qualified against 2 that qualified in bundesliga...

In the Europa league the premier league have two teams against your two teams..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:24am On Dec 09, 2016
lordfalcao:
you didn't say this in the champions league...

In the UCL 3 premier league team qualified against 2 that qualified in bundesliga...

In the Europa league the premier league have two teams against your two teams..

Lol Is counting your problem? or where did you see the 2 from Bundesliga?

Check those who qualified from Tottenham group, who qualified from the Madrid group and who qualified from Atletico group
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 5:46am On Dec 09, 2016
Nihilist:

I think you're the one that doesn't understand the conversation.

Neither Alonso nor Lewandowski were eligible to provide any sort of input to the treble win, which is what Airmark was asking here:

How can you say bayern won the treble with little to no input from Alonso or Lewandowski? Does it make sense to say Barca won the treble with little or no input from Hazard?

Ermmm... Dayo's post again -

Input into Bayern of the past 3yrs there is no way Kroos Alonso will make it, Bayern won the treble with little or no input from Kroos, Alonso, Lewandoski.

With little or no input! Must Dayo put "respectively" before we know he was referring to Kroos providing the little input and Alonso and Lewandowski providing the no input?
They were not eligible to provide any input, so of course, Bayern won with no input from them!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:22am On Dec 09, 2016
hensben:
My guy there is no way a player like Sanchez who is more productive attacking wise than Willian and Pedro to play LWB.

OK sir.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:26am On Dec 09, 2016
Emaprince:
Sanchez CANNOT replace Alonso!

That wingback position needs some one that can DEFEND very well and put in a decent shift in ATTACK.

Alonso defends and then gives a little support to Hazard on that left wing. Yeah, he's our weakest link..but his replacement have to be a left-footed player that can attack and most importantly, defend.

If Sanchez was here, he can swap position with Hazard intermittently during matches. They can thrive on both flanks... especially Hazard.

The coach will be the one to determine who can or cannot replace Alonso however, I clearly get your point about Sanchez being more productive than willian and Pedro. So I agree with u on this.

Alonso does little or no defending at all bros. That is the only issue I see with your post.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 6:48am On Dec 09, 2016
You know say I no to dey brag but I was all over Van dijk in the summer

Can Chelsea just appoint me as s Scout already? Even if na for free

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 7:15am On Dec 09, 2016
Nihilist:

Raumdeuter's hate for Terry is not based on Logic.

He can use that lil education. Who knows the professional exam he'd be sitting for tomorrow cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Lol Is counting your problem? or where did you see the 2 from Bundesliga?

Check those who qualified from Tottenham group, who qualified from the Madrid group and who qualified from Atletico group
then its still the same thing.. After the round of 16 we will know where everybody belong.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 10:28am On Dec 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Sincerely i am disappointed with Southampton performance hapoel of all teams and they couldn’t win convincingly but where trying to hold out for a draw. A risky venture that backfired.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
carammel:

LMAO,I find this funny.

Will you sharrap angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
With the master earlier today cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
TEAM NEWS

Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic is set to return after missing last weekend's win over Manchester City with a muscular problem.

Diego Costa and Pedro are fit after being forced off during that match, but Oscar misses out because of illness.

James Morrison and Gareth McAuley are fitness doubts for West Brom.

The pair have not trained this week because of unspecified injuries and will be assessed, while Saido Berahino remains out as he builds up fitness.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ibime:
Sanchez won't be allowed to join an English team till his contract expires.

Meanwhile Virgil Van Dijk dey market for £25m
Hands off pls angry
Want dat guy at United. Very solid CB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
Legends indeed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kinggenesis(m): 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
AdisaOwala:
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ariano10(m): 5:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
see dem wey dem haters?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2016
AdisaOwala:

U are not a good sombori..... cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
ariano10:
see dem wey dem haters?

Nice to see this.......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
€191m. See the kind money Ronaldo collect last year. Only €20m was from salary.

7 years of that would make him a billionaire (allowing for tax)

Messi go dey vex. They are not mates!

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
diggz:

Nice to see this.......
which player of the month is that again? I thought moses won that of november?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ariano10(m): 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
diggz:

Nice to see this.......
yes ooooo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ariano10(m): 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
Emaprince:
which player of the month is that again? I thought moses won that of november?

moses won the fans player of the month award

(1) (2) (3) ... (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) ... (19066) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Vischy and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.