Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2835) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10414930 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) ... (19098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

If Suarez was that good, he would have won atleast one EPL title or one FA cup with his team, this is what your friend Raumdeuter always told us.

How was he better than Hazard who had a big part to play in our title - winning season is what I still don't understand.

In order to buttress your point, you were quick to add PFA winner, FWA winner, all of which Hazard has also won.

So, wetin u Kon dey talk.?

Did Hazard win them when Suarez was in the EPL?
My point was that WHEN SUAREZ WAS IN THE EPL HE WAS BETTER THAN HAZARD. It can't be that complex to understand. That particular 2013-2014 season Suarez scored more goals, made more assists and won the personal accolades and his team finished above Hazard's team.
You need to compare their performances when they were both in the EPL not performances from other years when Suarez had left.
Once again WHEN SUAREZ WAS IN THE EPL HE WAS BETTER THAN HAZARD. cheesy

If you don't accept my view you are free to go in peace.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
hazard right now.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
afrodoc2:

Did Hazard win them when Suarez was in the EPL?
My point was that WHEN SUAREZ WAS IN THE EPL HE WAS BETTER THAN HAZARD. It can't be that complex to understand. That particular 2013-2014 season Suarez scored more goals, made more assists and won the personal accolades and his team finished above Hazard's team.
You need to compare their performances when they were both in the EPL not performances from other years when Suarez had left.
Once again WHEN SUAREZ WAS IN THE EPL HE WAS BETTER THAN HAZARD. cheesy

If you don't accept my view you are free to go in peace.

All these ones wey u dey talk no be the real reason why i quoted you, no dey try play smart abeg.

afrodoc2:

Someone that won PFA player of the year, Football writers player of the year, EPL golden boot and European golden boot and the guy is still asking jamb question.
People on the next level to Messi like Suarez and robben are gentle but hazard with his toro kobo goals is close to Messi? Penkelemes

This right here was the reason you mentioned he won PFA, FWA, it was to further buttress your point that he was better than Hazard, it was after then I now told you that Hazard also won those, don't leave out this first post.

This was what you posted in response to my question about how Suarez was better than Hazard in the EPL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

All these ones wey u dey talk no be the real reason why i quoted you, no dey try play smart abeg.

This right here was the reason you mentioned he won PFA, FWA, it was to further buttress your point that he was better than Hazard, it was after then I now told you that Hazard also won those, don't leave out this first post.

This was what you posted in response to my question about how Suarez was better than Hazard in the EPL.

Guy I have been patient. He won them in a season they were BOTH in the EPL and Hazard didn't win them then. Or do u expect Suarez to keep winning EPL awards in La Liga?
The only fair comparison we have is when they were both in EPL and Suarez won the awards, Hazard didn't. That was my point.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
afrodoc2:

Guy I have been patient. He won them in a season they were BOTH in the EPL and Hazard didn't win them then. Or do u expect Suarez to keep winning EPL awards in La Liga?
The only fair comparison we have is when they were both in EPL and Suarez won the awards, Hazard didn't. That was my point.

Was that your point when you made this statement in response to Nihilist.

afrodoc2:

Suarez is a central striker and when he was EPL he was better than Hazard so that does not help the Hazard argument.
The Lukaku case just buttresses my point that if u take more shots like Cronaldo your accuracy will drop.
I hope Hazard moves so you guys' doubt will be cleared.
He will score more goals yes, but prime Messi and Cronaldo levels ? No

You mean you had just a season in mind when you made that statement?? Both of them didn't spend just a season together in the EPL, did they?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Was that your point when you made this statement in response to Nihilist.

You mean you had just a season in mind when you made that statement??

Even the season before in which Suarez scored 30 goals in 44 matches and Hazard scored 13 goals in 62 matches Suarez was much better.
They spent 2 seasons together in the EPL and in each season Suarez was better.
I am comparing them when they were both in the EPL.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
afrodoc2:

Even the season before in which Suarez scored 30 goals in 44 matches and Hazard scored 13 goals in 62 matches Suarez was much better.
They spent 2 seasons together in the EPL and in each season Suarez was better.
I am comparing them when they were both in the EPL.

Suarez is a striker, Hazard is not. Costa as a striker has been posting more number of goals than Hazard, a midfielder, yet no one would rate Costa ahead of him cos of goals and assists.

A striker is expected to score more goals than a midfielder who is saddled with playmaking duties and creating chances.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Suarez is a striker, Hazard is not. Costa as a striker has been posting more number of goals than Hazard, a midfielder, yet no one would rate Costa ahead of him cos of goals and assists.

Were you watching EPL in 2012/2013? Or just listening on radio?
The 2 seasons they were in the EPL, Suarez was better. The stats say it, the awards say it , the eye test said it.
Let it go.
If you can't prove he was better than Suarez in those 2 seasons just drop the matter

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
afrodoc2:

But you could drag a failure like nani to hazard, who won player of the year while man utd deemed it fit to send the wack player on loan. I dont know why you guys are not consistent with your jejune logics.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:26pm On Apr 24, 2017
afrodoc2:

Were you watching EPL in 2012/2013? Or just listening on radio?
The 2 seasons they were in the EPL, Suarez was better. The stats say it, the awards say it , the eye test said it.
Let it go.
If you can't prove he was better than Suarez in those 2 seasons just drop the matter

Na this kind fat lie una go dey lie upandan just to prove una yeye logic...Raumdeuter's a bad influence on you lot.

Oya take this before I free you for the night....who did better with this stats over the 2 seasons??

Both of them in 2012/2013 and their stats for the 2013/2014 season.

When you were saying Suarez was better over two seasons now, person wey no ready counter you go just accept just because a striker has more goals than a midfielder.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
All these dodgy matrix things people use to make themselves happy.
Suarez played just 33 matches and scored 31 goals and Hazard played more matches (35) and scored less than half ( 14) but your dodgy matrix still gives edge in goals scored to Hazard.
One was scoring goals and winning awards the other has fans compiling Oluwole matrix.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

How was Suarez better than Hazard when they were both in the EPL, in what ways please? Trophies won or what exactly.

Hazard couldn't compete with Bale in EPL when they crossed paths for a season. Do you see Bale competing with Messi and co?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ibime:

Hazard couldn't compete with Bale in EPL when they crossed paths for a season. Do you see Bale competing with Messi and co?

He has been there for more than 2 seasons and hasn't been able to do that.

As a matter of fact, I for one think he hasn't lived up to the hype that surrounded his transfer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

He has been there for more than 2 seasons and hasn't been able to do that.

Exactly. But when Hazard see Bale, he will dobale for Bale in respect of the way Bale outshone him in 2012/13 EPL season.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

We asked you to mention another player aside cr7 dt won it around that age, you dey foam for mouth.

Gareth Bale won it at 23.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ibime:

Exactly. But when Hazard see Bale, he will dobale for Bale in respect of the way Bale outshone him in 2012/13 EPL season.

Hazard's first season as a Chelsea player?

Bale and Hazard, do they have the same style of play, to start with?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ibime:

Gareth Bale won it at 23.

Who were his competitors then....Older guys? Hazard had Suarez.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Hazard's first season as a Chelsea player?

Bale and Hazard, do they have the same style of play, to start with?

Do Messi and Ororo have the same style of play?

They are both wingers.

Before you put Hazard up against Messi and co, consider that he could not even defeat Bale in the same league.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:57pm On Apr 24, 2017
afrodoc2:
All these dodgy matrix things people use to make themselves happy.
Suarez played just 33 matches and scored 31 goals and Hazard played more matches (35) and scored less than half ( 14) but your dodgy matrix still gives edge in goals scored to Hazard.
One was scoring goals and winning awards the other has fans compiling Oluwole matrix.

No be my papa get the matrix, ur friend also agrees to the matrix even if u don't.

Now u are rating Suarez based on goals scored only, I gave you assists, chances created, key passes, take ons and the other attributes of a good attacker....that is how to rate attackers.

If Fifa or Uefa wan dey use goals scored alone, then Iniesta, Ribery and some other greats have no business making the Ballon d'or podium.

Pedro, Sanchez, Costa, Aguero for they win PFA b4 den even consider Hazard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:01am On Apr 25, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:02am On Apr 25, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Who were his competitors then....Older guys? Hazard had Suarez.

Bale had Van Persie, consecutive golden boot winner for 2 years and league champion, Aguero, Suarez and Hazard.

News for you, Bale won 2010/11 at the age of 21 and 2012/13 at the age of 23. And he did this in Tottenham playing with Adebayor, Soldado, Scott Parker and other wastemen.

Bale was not Hazards mate, even though there is 1 year between em. He went to try Ororo and Messi and he is nowhere near their mate, not even Neymars mate.

Show get size abeg, but it seems some of our fellow Chelsea fans are shoemakers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 12:02am On Apr 25, 2017
Ibime:

They are both wingers.

Before you put Hazard up against Messi and co, consider that he could not even defeat Bale in the same league.

Get your facts right o, who are those putting Hazard up against Messi, be like say u don dey quote wrong person.

I can never tell you that Hazard will automatically score 50 goals a season playing for Barça....Iniesta didn't score 40 to make Ballon d'or podium.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 12:05am On Apr 25, 2017
afrodoc2:

We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. By using our site, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more OK
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 00:01
Language:
WhoScored.com

Live Scores
Statistics
Comparison
Previews
News
Top Facts
Live Stream

Browse:
My Favourites
Detailed Tournaments
All Leagues & Cups
International Cups

Premier League
Serie A
La Liga
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Liga NOS
Eredivisie
Premier League
Brasileirão
Major League Soccer
Super Lig
Championship
Primera División
Super league
Eliteserien
Allsvenskan
Bundesliga II
UEFA Champions League
UEFA Europa League

Spain » La Liga » Barcelona
Luis Suárez Luis Suárez

Summary
Fixtures
History

Historical Participations

Summary
Defensive
Offensive
Passing
Detailed

View:
Overall
Home
Away

Season Team Tournament Apps Mins Goals Assists Yel Red SpG PS% AerialsWon MotM Rating
2016/2017 Barcelona SLL 30(1) 2516 24 12 8 - 3.4 73.8 0.3 4 7.75
2016/2017 Barcelona UCL 9 810 3 2 2 - 2.3 71.6 0.6 - 7.09
2015/2016 Barcelona SLL 35 3150 40 16 6 - 3.9 73.1 0.4 8 8.01
2015/2016 Barcelona UCL 9 810 8 3 2 - 3.3 71.8 0.2 1 7.73
2014/2015 Barcelona SLL 25(2) 2180 16 14 4 - 2.8 77.2 0.6 3 7.69
2014/2015 Barcelona UCL 10 828 7 3 1 - 3.8 74.6 0.8 2 7.90
2013/2014 Liverpool EPL 33 2965 31 12 6 - 5.5 74.8 0.7 14 8.43
2014 Uruguay WC 2 178 2 - - - 4 59.6 - - 7.23
2013 Uruguay ICC 4(1) 405 4 - 1 - 1.8 67 0.6 - 7.17
2012/2013 Liverpool UEL 4(2) 414 3 - 1 - 3.8 71.3 0.3 1 7.18
2012/2013 Liverpool EPL 33 2955 23 5 10 - 5.7 76.5 0.4 9 7.89
2011/2012 Liverpool EPL 29(2) 2557 11 3 5 - 4.1 75.3 0.2 6 7.35
2010/2011 Ajax UCL 5 450 1 3 3 - 4.6 69.3 0.4 2 7.75
2010/2011 Liverpool EPL 12(1) 1102 4 3 2 - 4.2 73 0.2 - 7.63
Total / Average 249 21320 177 76 51 0 4.1 74.2 0.4 50 7.78
Mins: Minutes played Goals: Total goals Assists: Total assists
Yel: Yellow card Red: Red card SpG: Shots per game
PS%: Pass success percentage AerialsWon: Aerial duels won per game MotM: Man of the match
Barcelona Barcelona Squad
Player Position
Marc-André ter Stegen GK
Jasper Cillessen GK
Claudio Bravo GK
Aleix Vidal D(R),M(LR)
Gerard Piqué D(C)
Sergi Roberto D(R),M(C)
Samuel Umtiti D(CL)
Sergio Busquets DMC
Jordi Alba D(L)
Lucas Digne D(L)
Javier Mascherano D(C),M(C)
Jeremy Mathieu D(CL)
Ivan Rakitic M(C)
Andrés Iniesta M(CL)
André Gomes M(CL)
Carles Aleñá Midfielder
Neymar AM(CLR),FW
Lionel Messi AM(CR),FW
Luis Suárez AM(CLR),FW
Rafinha AM(CR)
Arda Turan AM(CLR)
Denis Suárez AM(CLR)
Munir El Haddadi AM(LR),FW
Paco Alcácer FW
* Players shaded are players who are not currently active
General Contact Us Social Media Network Video Channels WhoScored App Editions

About Us
Privacy Policy
Ratings Explained
Glossary
Jobs

Contact Us
Advertise
Football Data Feeds

Twitter
Facebook
Google+

Youtube
Daily Motion

Get it on Google Play

English
Español
Türkçe
Italiano
Français
العربية
Русский

Data sources - Opta Sports, eNetPulse & Getty Images. Copyright © 2017 WhoScored.com
WhoScored.com provides you with unparalleled football statistics, as well as detailed football previews and football rankings from competitions all over the world. Our live, in-depth football statistics from the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Eredivisie, Russian Premier League, Brasileirão, MLS, Super Lig and Championship supplies unique and original insights for football fans, sports betting punters, journalists, football managers and players. We also have football tables, live scores, top performing players as calculated with our unique WhoScored.com ratings, articles, graphics, rankings and much more.

Hahahaha, you've lost it...., wetin be this? godnyt sir. grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:07am On Apr 25, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Hahahaha, you've lost it...., wetin be this? godnyt sir. grin grin

Lol.
Was trying to pull up whoscored stats for those seasons. Suarez was so much better but of course you can believe what you want
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 12:12am On Apr 25, 2017
afrodoc2:

Lol.
Was trying to pull up whoscored stats for those seasons. Suarez was so much better but of course you can believe what you want

You hold on to whoscored, let me hold on to my matrix that gave me a better stat on take ons, chances created, assists, goals and the likes.

No be only goals scored den dey take rate better attacker.

There is a reason Kante was voted the best player in the league. He didn't score 10 goals across all competition.

Cr7 and Messi don spoil una.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:15am On Apr 25, 2017
Chelseafan1:

You hold on to whoscored, let me hold on to my matrix that gave me a better stat on take ons, chances created, assists, goals and the likes.

No be only goals scored den dey take rate better attacker.

There is a reason Kante was voted the best player in the league. He didn't score 10 goals across all competition.

Cr7 and Messi don spoil una.

ok
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:16am On Apr 25, 2017
Ibime:

They are both wingers.

So because griezmann of sociedad couldnt measure up to costa of atletico madrid, few years later griezmann wouldn't be sharing podium with the messis of this world during ballon d'or 2016. I keep learning weird stuffs today.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:20am On Apr 25, 2017
airmark:

So because griezmann of sociedad couldnt measure up to costa of atletico madrid, few years later griezmann wouldn't be sharing podium with the messis of this world during ballon d'or 2016. I keep learning weird stuffs today.

It's too late in the night for another goof. I already let you off the monumental goof this morning of claiming Premier League Awards is more respected than PFA awards. Griezmann and Costa never played together at Atleti.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 12:21am On Apr 25, 2017
If there is a Coach who can train Hazard exclusively to go for the goal rather than pass, maybe he can score 30 goals a season.

If he goes to Barca or Madrid and still prefers passing to taking shots, infact he might not even score 10 goals per season.

FM has this feature whereby you can train an attacker to go for the goal instead of passing. Na wetin dey worry Hazard be that, not like he wastes ball, doesn't know how to dribble, doesn't know how to score or that he balloons the ball anytime he tries.

He is just content with passing rather shooting, Nihilist has already said it all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:22am On Apr 25, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Get your facts right o, who are those putting Hazard up against Messi, be like say u don dey quote wrong person.

I can never tell you that Hazard will automatically score 50 goals a season playing for Barça....Iniesta didn't score 40 to make Ballon d'or podium.

Nobody was putting hazard up against messi. The genesis of this arguement was fab's advice on what hazard needs to do to be up there with the greats. Fab said now messi is greater than everyone, but trust our people they will muddle things up to win arguments. They must change the topic to suit themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:25am On Apr 25, 2017
Ibime:

It's too late in the night for another goof. I already let you off the monumental goof this morning of claiming Premier League Awards is more respected than PFA awards. Griezmann and Costa never played together at Atleti.

Lemme be sure you opened your eyes well to read my post. Will you put 100 grand to back your stand that griezmann did not play la liga at the same time costa was at atm ? I dont want story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) ... (19098) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nihilistjnr, GiftOfLyf, FirstbornWds, ThierryJay, Joezinho, kingBolton and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.