Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10414219 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (19098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Later some iiidiots would come here and say we are pole favorites... I maintain my view... It's city's title to lose... That squad too badt

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Tval: Petr Cech speaks over 7 languages, I got to know this when I played Football Manager.

Dude is very brilliant o... Have you see him in glasses?? He looks like a quantum physics professor

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
SailorXY:
i'm not trying to convince you, time will cool cool cool

Dude will need to score 40 goals a season, every season, for the length of his contract, to justify the fee.
Time will do phuck all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
nateevs:

Dude will need to score 40 goals a season, every season, for the length of his contract, to justify the fee.
Time will do phuck all.
Bale had 40 goals last season? shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
SailorXY:
Bale had 40 goals last season? shocked

No he didn't. He can't. Because he isn't worth £86m.
You get the point now?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
SailorXY:
there's nothing desperate about signing di Maria. if an opportunity opens up to snap up a world class talent who's willing, then why not? with United's recent position (being out of Europe), its also a lure to get other world class players & show you still harbor big ambitions while going through a phase. his DM-7 shirt sales will easily exceed £100m! besides, he easily tick the box for pace & creativity driving forward from deep: something United sorely lacked against Sunderland.

the window is still open by the way & we are still @ market cheesy

Mate take a closer look at the emboldened, what does it say? Desperation!

You dont just jump into any chance that present itself without drawing up a scale of preference - what you need most gets the first attention, so you're obviously making my point for me with that.

Di Maria is a super talent, he'd be a massive addition for you lot no doubt but how many top teams came calling his way when it was reported that he's handed in a transfer request?

United were the first suitors and were damn ready to pay up the astronomical figure that was quoted for him - I doubt if you lot even negotiated on a price cheesy grin

I'd impugn the idea to pay that massive for a winger when what you lot really need are decent defenders and central midfielders.

United are missing out tackling issues the pragmatic way, the desperation to once again boast of big names at the club has seen them go crazy in the transfer market.

If Neymar hands in a transfer request now, mate mark my words, United are making a bid the next minute!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
nateevs:

Time will do phuck all.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
nateevs:

No he didn't. He can't. Because he isn't worth £86m.
You get the point now?
if you want to look at it this way, then nobody is worth above 40m except Messi & Ronaldo. the Zidanes, Toress, Figos of this world were all scams.
funny its not all about the goals now, right?
how much is Hazard worth? place him side by side with Bale & draw up a fair conclusion grin

£59.7m is what United are paying for di Maria by the way kiss

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Mate take a closer look at the emboldened, what does it say? Desperation!

You dont just jump into any chance that present itself without drawing up a scale of preference - what you need most gets the first attention, so you're obviously making my point for me with that.

Di Maria is a super talent, he'd be a massive addition for you lot no doubt but how many top teams came calling his way when it was reported that he's handed in a transfer request?

United were the first suitors and were damn ready to pay up the astronomical figure that was quoted for him - I doubt if you lot even negotiated on a price cheesy grin

I'd impugn the idea to pay that massive for a winger when what you lot really need are decent defenders and central midfielders.

United are missing out tackling issues the pragmatic way, the desperation to once again boast of big names at the club has seen them go crazy in the transfer market.

If Neymar hands in a transfer request now, mate mark my words, United are making a bid the next minute!
United also need a winger cuz everyone we call wingers now are not worthy to be ball boys, except the youngest of the lot who isnt even experienced; and thats not good enough for a club the status of Manchester United. so yeah, we need a world class player on the wings wink

handing in a transfer request doesnt make a player worthless, you seem to believe that, and signing di Maria doesnt mean there are no plans to sign a midfielder or two. every dog in the street knows United are nothing in the midfield, i dont think van Gaal is blinded to the fact.

maybe we'll convince Vidal with the di Maria capture, who knows? we can only wait till Tuesday to draw conclusions. easy your mind, you dont need to be scared... yet cool cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
Meanwhile, Cech had a United fan put to shame on twitter.

Dude has got those witty lines though cheesy

The manure fan wrote:

"@PetrCech how's your friend Courtois doing in goal for Chelsea?'' @UtdBen.

And here comes the killer reply:

"Much better than the team you support".

I doubt if Ben is still living! grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
SailorXY:
United also need a winger cuz everyone we call wingers now are not worthy to be ball boys, except the youngest of the lot who isnt even experienced; and thats not good enough for a club the status of Manchester United. so yeah, we need a world class player on the wings wink
handing in a transfer request doesnt make a player worthless, you seem to believe that, and signing di Maria doesnt mean there are no plans to sign a midfielder or two. every dog in the street knows United are nothing in the midfield, i dont think van Gaal is blinded to the fact.
maybe we'll convince Vidal with the di Maria capture, who knows? we can only wait till Tuesday to draw conclusions. easy your mind, you dont need to be scared... yet cool cool cool

Scared? This is a case of a dragon up against a lizard cheesy grin grin

Mate I'd rather be scared of Everton!

I had you lot written off on matchday 1, signing pluto's first eleven aint changing that now tongue

AirborneLacer: Too early to call no doubt but I don't really have to detonate a bomb just to confirm its devastating effect.

Chelsea and Citeh are phucking well fortified than anyother team!

A major advantage most Championship winning teams enjoy over their foes is squad depth and only Citeh & Chelsea has got that this season.

I saw Citeh against N'castle today, man they sent those shivers down my spine. Those cocksuckers have the depth to field two full teams of top-notch players - this is cheating!

Arsenal is still Arsenal, nothing changed. Utd with a shrewd gaffer has still got a team full of lightweights. Liverpool aren't thisame without Suarez - I see this lot playing catch up.

I know it's too early to call but bud there are some observations that cant just be bottled up.

Copy that? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 11:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Scared? This is a case of a dragon up against a lizard cheesy grin grin

Mate I'd rather be scared of Everton!

I had you lot written off on matchday 1, signing pluto's first eleven aint changing that now tongue

that team of lightweight is been straightened & you are busy taking panadol? something you envisage has definitely got you restless. when we complete our spending with two more midfielders, then we can revisit your early season predictions cool
for now, make i just dey sip lipton first. make champagne dey ice bucket dey chill out lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
SailorXY:
that team of lightweight is been straightened & you are busy taking panadol? something you envisage has definitely got you restless. when we complete our spending with two more midfielders, then we can revisit your early season predictions cool
for now, make i just dey sip lipton first. make champagne dey ice bucket dey chill out lipsrsealed

In times like these, hook unto Jesus the author and finisher of thy faith grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 7:30am On Aug 26, 2014
macjireh: A super computer has predicted the entire
Premier League table before a ball has been
kicked.
#Bloomberg have predicted this #table
for the #PL 2014/15. Lets see in one
year how good it is! pic.twitter.com/
e8HDwImn99
— karthik (@kar10is) August 13, 2014
As most of us count down the hours until the
new Premier League season which starts on
Saturday, a ‘super computer’ could have
already predicted the entire campaign.
Experts at Bloomberg Sport have created a
programme that takes many variables into
account, to form a predicted league table for
May.
The table provides the percentage of each
team’s chance of winning the Premier League,
finishing in the top-four and being relegated
to the Championship.
article continues below
Holders Manchester City have come out on
top in the prediction, albeit only by 0.3% over
rivals Chelsea. The computer has calculated
that Arsenal will move up one place on last
years finish to come third, while Manchester
United will take fourth place to ensure
Champions League football will return to Old
Trafford.
The unfortunate three that have been forecast
to be relegated are newcomers Burnley and
QPR, with Aston Villa also tipped to finish
18th.
Liverpool meanwhile are projected to drop out
of the top-four following the sale of Luis
Suarez, and only manage fifth. Tottenham and
Everton will once again miss out on the
Champions League spots, finishing sixth and
seventh, while Newcastle and Swansea will
recover from rough seasons to finish eighth
and ninth.
SEE ALSO: Top-ten Premier League shirt
printings for last season: Ozil, Suarez, Rooney
feature
Southampton, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland
and Crystal Palace will form the best of the
bottom-half, while Leicester, West Bromwich
Albion and Hull will all survive a relegation
battle.
Bloomberg’s cutting edge predictor has given
Manchester City’s depth the nod to get the
job done once again, with Jose Mourinho’s
men set to miss out by the finest of margins

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/13/super-computer-predicts-entire-premier-league-table-liverpool-no/

Liverpool meanwhile are projected to drop out
of the top-four following the sale of Luis
Suarez
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 26, 2014
AirborneLacer: Meanwhile, Cech had a United fan put to shame on twitter.

Dude has got those witty lines though cheesy

The manure fan wrote:

"@PetrCech how's your friend Courtois doing in goal for Chelsea?'' @UtdBen.

And here comes the killer reply:

"Much better than the team you support".

I doubt if Ben is still living! grin cheesy
I just love the way Cech is dealing with those crazy fans

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 26, 2014
Adetayo100: I just love the way Cech is dealing with those crazy fans

He's a consummate professional.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 9:49am On Aug 26, 2014
AirborneLacer:

He's a consummate professional.

I posted the screenshot of the tweet in the previous page.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 26, 2014
Tval:

I posted the screenshot of the tweet in the previous page.

I missed out on it.

Only had to see the news lastnite cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 10:17am On Aug 26, 2014
AirborneLacer:

I missed out on it.

Only had to see the news lastnite cheesy

Cech Crucified the guy.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 10:38am On Aug 26, 2014
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-
news/chelseas-fernando-torres-resisting-
transfer-4106351

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:02am On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:03am On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2014
One of my favourite sporting quotes, and surely one of the most prescient lines of wisdom delivered in modern football history, came in around 2004 from Zinedine Zidane, who accused the hierarchy of Real Madrid of ‘selling the engine of their Bentley to add another layer of gold paint’. He was referring to the decision to sell French midfielder Claude Makelele to Chelsea and replace him effectively with David Beckham – relinquishing the unsung hero of the original ‘Galactico’ era, with yet another poster boy superstar. The result: the awesome Madrid side of early part of the decade were transformed into a disjointed group of individuals which eventually fell into relative irrelevance on the European football landscape.

Whilst it’s hard to make the case that Angel Di Maria was as important to Carlo Ancelotti’s Champions League winning side last season, as Claude Makelele was to his team roughly this time ten years ago, it seems to me there’s an unmistakable feeling of history repeating itself in this instance. The Argentine midfielder was outstanding last year. Man of the Match in the both the CL final and in that vintage ‘El Clasico’ game which finished 4-3; with his boundless energy, electric pace and astonishing technical quality, he was the player to link the midfield and the forward line all season and it’s hard to imagine Madrid winning the trophies they did without him.

This season however, his place in the XI will be taken up by £65m Colombian superstar James Rodriguez, who for all his evident talent, hardly seems likely to improve the team from last season. He won’t offer the same industry in midfield as Di Maria, or the same pace on the counter attack. And though he may supply superior creativity in attacking positions, in a squad which already includes Luka Modric, Toni Kroos and Xabi Alonso, that’s hardly an attribute in short supply. Not to mention the fact the club already has an outstanding young central attacking midfielder, signed only last season in Isco.

The ‘Galactico’ policy of recruitment employed by Florentino Perez has its obvious advantages and there can be no doubts Madrid are the biggest club in world football, largely because of it. But once again they’ve allowed their insatiable obsession for the individual to break apart a wonderfully balanced team. It’s likely they’ll still be utterly irrepressible in the majority of their matches and a fearsome side in Europe; I predict, however, that they’ll fail to improve on their third place finish in the league last season and that, as with Makelele, the sale of Di Maria will become a source of regret, as the team struggle to find the cohesion and the consistency which he was responsible for last year.

[b]There exists however, a team perhaps being made to look even more foolish than Madrid as this deal is made official i.e. the club shelling out an unbelievable £60m to sign the player. There’s no doubt that Manchester Utd’s squad is in much need of some quality and of some genuine pace in attack, but the question of just where Di Maria will fit into the team is anything but clear. Louis Van Gaal has committed throughout all of pre-season to the 3-4-1-2, but the tactic leaves the Argentine without any obvious role to take up. To use him as a wing-back would surely be a waste of his attacking talents; to put him next to Ander Herrera in midfield would leave that area of the pitch looking particularly weak from a defensive point of view, and though he could play behind the strikers, where would that leave Juan Mata?

Of course Van Gaal could switch formations back to a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 and easily incorporate Di Maria into the side, but not without dropping one of Wayne Rooney or Robin Van Persie, or at least not without moving one of Mata or Rooney out into a wide position, where they’ve historically been far less effective. Having depth and variety in attacking positions is of course important for any top side, but when a new marquee signing forces you to drop, or inconveniently reposition one of your only three world class players, it’s hard to hide from the fact that something has gone seriously wrong with your transfer policy.

What makes it even worse, on top of the extortionate fee, is that the problems which Di Maria will solve are not even nearly the most urgent issues which currently exist in the squad. The utter lack of depth and quality at centre half and in central midfield are there for all to see, someone to play right wing back would probably be more useful than a new winger right now also, with Antonio Valencia not looking comfortable and Rafael being rubbish.

What really confuses me, is that these problems don’t even seem like particularly difficult ones to solve. Roma are actively looking to sell Mehdi Benatia, the Moroccan centre half who was outstanding last year and would be surely be an ideal defensive signing. Someone like Nigel De Jong could easily do a job in midfield and wouldn’t be hard to prise from an AC Milan side in need of cash. If Di Maria’s fee rises to £70m that means Utd could’ve signed both these players and still had £30m left for a right sided player like Juan Cuadrado, Seamus Coleman or Matteo Darmian etc and for the same amount of money, have had a far more balanced looking squad.
[/b]
After years of being the club whom the entire country derided for its spending habits, it feels very good indeed to sit and watch the historically larger teams throw around money wastefully, whilst we enjoy watching a team, which in comparison to some others, looks to have been expertly put together. It’s obviously a huge advantage to have the kind of spending power we enjoy, but all the money in the world isn’t much use unless you spend it wisely in sport, and in a world where prices are becoming more and more drastically inflated with every window, the top clubs in England would do well to watch and learn from how Chelsea have been doing business these past few years.

http://bluechampions.com/2014/08/25/madrid-and-united-are-making-a-big-mistake/

SailorXY the emboldened lines are for you!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 11:45am On Aug 26, 2014
I see you are still taking panadol. ok Manchester United appreciates your concerns & will follow the "Chelsea model" from next summer cool .
meanwhile, why not make an article about how wise PSG was to pay Chelsea £50m for diapers, or how wise your coach sold promising youngster Lukaku & kept Torres, yet signed 60-year old Drogba while @ it. or how Matic was thrown away only to be bought back years later for a large sum. or how Sturridge, a striker seen as cancer by the "Chelsea model" still outscores everyone in your attack till tomorrow...
thank you cool

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tobiboss(m): 11:51am On Aug 26, 2014
^^^ ohshocked united!!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
SailorXY: I see you are still taking panadol. ok Manchester United appreciates your concerns & will follow the "Chelsea model" from next summer cool .
meanwhile, why not make an article about how wise PSG was to pay Chelsea £50m for diapers, or how wise your coach sold promising youngster Lukaku & kept Torres, yet signed 60-year old Drogba while @ it. or how Matic was thrown away only to be bought back years later for a large sum. or how Sturridge, a striker seen as cancer by the "Chelsea model" still outscores everyone in your attack till tomorrow...
thank you cool

We've enjoyed our own sheer of 'foolishness', every club does, we acknowledge that fact, something you're failing to do in manure's case.

I'm quick to criticize our wrong calls, I dont buy every idea of the team, I guess that's b'cos I'm an intelligent fan of the club. I dont know about you mate but since yesterday you've been trying so hard to convince us that Manure have been amazing in the transfer market cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
seriously el gaupo enough with the manure related yarns,if you want to talk about it ,go to their thread... undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
mithel: seriously el gaupo enough with the manure related yarns,if you want to talk about it ,go to their thread... undecided

Don't see why we can't do both tbh...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
Am I in the wrong thread... undecided undecided angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 1:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
Manure has been doing great in the transfer market, madrid need people like them to cover up their own lapses.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
SailorXY:
if you want to look at it this way, then nobody is worth above 40m except Messi & Ronaldo. the Zidanes, Toress, Figos of this world were all scams.
funny its not all about the goals now, right?
how much is Hazard worth? place him side by side with Bale & draw up a fair conclusion grin

£59.7m is what United are paying for di Maria by the way kiss

You keep missing the point. There is a point where it's clear to all and sundry that there's been an overpayment for goods or services. United have had a transfer spend of over £140m this summer alone. To put things in perspective, Chelsea haven't had that sort of spend since summer of 2004/05.

Now when you consider that you actually haven't finished the spending; and then that even after the spending, you still are not within grasp of the league title, perhaps you begin to understand where I am coming from.

Did you ever criticise Chelsea's spendings in the past?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
mithel: seriously el gaupo enough with the manure related yarns,if you want to talk about it ,go to their thread... undecided

I'd hearken to this call if I were to be discussing p0rn.

It's football related, get used to it man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (19098) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: LORDLARGE(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.