Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10420553 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) ... (19101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 28, 2014
YoungDaNaval:
Chelsit Fans. See As Ah Dey Shame Una. Small Club Like Manure, Una No Fit Win. Tufiakwa!

Real Sociedad says hi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 9:39am On Oct 28, 2014
AirborneLacer:
^^ Yeah Hazard, Courtois and Costa it is.

It's Ronaldo's award to lose, no one comes close, not even Messi.

The portuguese is in a world of his own.

Manuel Neuer!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:24am On Oct 28, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Real Sociedad says hi.
Whats This 1 Saying?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 11:38am On Oct 28, 2014
homesteady: Manuel Neuer!

. . . to win the gong? grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
homesteady:

Manuel Neuer!

Neuer better than Ronaldo last season or he comes close?

In Europe, Neuer wasn't even the best goalie. Courtois kept more clean sheets, conceded less, pulled out more saves and appeared in the UCL final. Just like Neuer, he won the domestic league, letting in only 26 goals in 38 games.

Call it the Simeone effect or the heroics of Godin and Miranda, Courtois was better than Neuer in Europe last season.

Ronaldo is the best in the world at the moment.

YoungDaNaval:
Whats This 1 Saying?

Quit the intake of those cheap weeds son and watch your perceptiveness hit high levels.

This season your star-studded team has been sodomised by a Real Sociedad side that isn't worth half the salary of Wayne Rooney and you're here questioning our inability to beat Utd in their backyard.

You still don't get what this one is saying? You need a French version of it? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
AirborneLacer:

In Europe, Neuer wasn't even the best goalie. Courtois kept more clean sheets, conceded less, pulled out more saves and appeared in the UCL final. Just like Neuer, he won the domestic league, letting in only 26 goals in 38 games.

Call it the Simeone effect or the heroics of Godin and Miranda, Courtois was better than Neuer in Europe last season.

Quit the intake of those cheap weeds son and watch your perceptiveness hit high levels.

This season your star-studded team has been sodomised by a Real Sociedad side that isn't worth half the salary of Wayne Rooney and you're here questioning our inability to beat Utd in their backyard.

You still don't get what this one is saying? You need a French version of it? cheesy
Seriously I Still Don't Get What You Talking Abt. I'm A Madrid Fan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Why isn't it a good write-up? What makes the write-up a disgrace? For the fact that it's United players who are being mentioned in the article, I really have to say I understand your sentiment.

the article is a disgrace - you don't need to understand any sentiment. shirt-pulling & arm-locking during set plays are parts & parcel of football. defenders do it all the time. ivanovic & terry should stop moaning about it....

The writer made hell lot of cogent points which doesn't need to be overlooked. He asserted that just like anyother infringement which has a punishment, headlocks in the penalty-box should have its punishment. Micheal Oliver awarded a penalty to Swansea a week ago after Bony must have been hurled down by Shawcross, just for Dowd to shy away from such call on Sunday. Isn't that inconsistency? If such is allowed to go on, the millions who turn on their TV sets to watch the EPL everyother week would be discouraged from doing so.

michael oliver was just being a stüpid referee - apart from that incident, which other referee has awarded penalties for such infringements? these things happen in every game in the world. why is everyone moaning like smalling killed a player?

Another important point raised by the writer is that headlocks militates against the chances of goal scoring in the league. I couldn't agree more on this.

the writer is stüpid - so ivanovic pulling metersacker's shorts doesn't prevent goal scoring chances in the league? did the referee award penalty for arsenal in that game? john terry always spreading his arms to block shots on target doesn't prevent goal scoring chances - has any referee ever awarded penalty against terry?

If Oliver could make that call, how much more Dowd? But then again, I'm not a bit surprised, one has got to expect such kinda officiating in Old Trafford - It's like a culture.

no, london journos should take their tongues out of chelsea's rectum. chelsea dropped points cos they were outplayed by united. it's got nothing to do with the arm-locking going on in the box.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
Noah13:
A short-list of all the Fifa Ballon D'or contenders for this year
Three Chelsea players on the list

And the most represented club in that shortlist is ......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
Cortouis is not fit to lace Neuer's boots

Best player in European competition award in August, Neuer made top 3 guess where Cortouis ended
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
coogar:

the article is a disgrace - you don't need to understand any sentiment. shirt-pulling & arm-locking during set plays are parts & parcel of football. defenders do it all the time. ivanovic & terry should stop moaning about it.

Part of football? Hehehe

Those are flaws of the game that needs to be addressed, stop encouraging the act.

Folks like you were fanning the embers of 'NO OFFSIDE' in football centuries ago, all in the name of it's part of football.

coogar: michael oliver was just being a stüpid referee - apart from that incident, which other referee has awarded penalties for such infringements? these things happen in every game in the world. why is everyone moaning like smalling killed a player?

Oliver is stupid cos he made the right call? This is so rich.

Go see the review of Juve vs Roma that was played two weeks ago, Totti was hurled down by a Juve defender and the ref pointed to the spot.

Homie, the FAs and Refs around the world who knows their onion have stamped a zero tolerance on this issue.

coogar: the writer is stüpid - so ivanovic pulling metersacker's shorts doesn't prevent goal scoring chances in the league? did the referee award penalty for arsenal in that game? john terry always spreading his arms to block shots on target doesn't prevent goal scoring chances - has any referee ever awarded penalty against terry?

If the ref and his linesmen had seen that, then it's only normal for justice to prevail.

I don't even understand why you would want to bring up the Mertesacker's scenario, when it's obvious the Per's incident happened right under the nose of the referee, Per stood his ground and was never hurled down and no obvious goal-scoring chance was denied.

Deluded Dowd was standing right before everyone when the WWE happened.

coogar: no, london journos should take their tongues out of chelsea's rectum. chelsea dropped points cos they were outplayed by united. it's got nothing to do with the arm-locking going on in the box.....

Nigga you miss the point again.

The writer is making a case for headlocks in the penalty-box and not about Chelsea being denied maximum points.

He's sensible enough to question the inconsistency of the rule guiding such infringement.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Part of football? Hehehe
Those are flaws of the game that needs to be addressed, stop encouraging the act.

Folks like you were fanning the embers of 'NO OFFSIDE' in football centuries ago, all in the name of it's part of football.

football is a contact sports - players get grabbed, goalies are run into & all sorta gamesmanship occur during set plays. ivanovic shoulda been stronger the next time - he got râped by smalling, he should stop moaning.

Oliver is stupid cos he made the right call? This is so rich.

he's stüpid!
his decision is the reason every shirt-tugging would now be talked about during set plays. dowd isn't oliver & it's not written in any FIFA law that players should be penalised during set plays for physically imposing themselves. it's part of football - just like putting a man next to a goalkeeper to disrupt him from catching a cross from set play.

Go see the review of Juve vs Roma that was played two weeks ago, Totti was hurled down by a Juve defender and the ref pointed to the spot.

that's another isolated case - these incidents happen 20 times in a game during set plays. why didn't you moan when chelsea players were doing the same thing to opponents?

Homie, the FAs and Refs around the world who knows their onion have stamped a zero tolerance on this issue. If the ref and his linesmen had seen that, then it's only normal for justice to prevail.

that's not the point!
dowd saw it & called it a fair fight. both players were tugging at each other in both cases. chelsea players decided to go to the ground to win a penalty & dowd rightly ignored them.

I don't even understand why you would want to bring up the Mertesacker's scenario, when it's obvious the Per's incident happened right under the nose of the referee, Per stood his ground and was never hurled down and no obvious goal-scoring chance was denied.

per stood his ground, he didn't hurl himself to the ground cos he accepts such as parts of the game. ivanovic & terry were looking for the penalty so they went to the ground easily.

Deluded Dowd was standing right before everyone when the WWE happened.
Nigga you miss the point again.

you don't even know your argument - earlier, you asserted if the ref had seen it then justice woulda prevailed. now you are saying dowd saw it and did nothing. dowd did nothing cos he adjudged the incident a fair-fight. ivanovic's arm was also on smalling's neck.

The writer is making a case for headlocks in the penalty-box and not about Chelsea being denied maximum points.

the writer should eat a dïck!

He's sensible enough to question the inconsistency of the rule guiding such infringement.

he should question the inconsistency of his profession as a sports journalist. he's an idïot.....dowd didn't penalise shawcross, oliver did. what referees adjudge as a foul differs widely.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
AirborneLacer:

It seems you have forgotten so soon who won the worldcup!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
homesteady:

Manuel Neuer!
lol. All these messi fans sef

Fear no let am call any outfield german player grin cuz ronaldo would have burned him in anyway imaginable
So he's gone for the safest choice, the. GK grin
You would have mentioned lahm sef grin

Yeye!

It's a good thing you've acknowledged that messi doesn't deserve It this year sha

Neuer kor noah ni.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
coogar:

football is a contact sports - players get grabbed, goalies are run into & all sorta gamesmanship occur during set plays. ivanovic shoulda been stronger the next time - he got râped by smalling, he should stop moaning.
he's stüpid!

his decision is the reason every shirt-tugging would now be talked about during set plays. dowd isn't oliver & it's not written in any FIFA law that players should be penalised during set plays for physically imposing themselves. it's part of football - just like putting a man next to a goalkeeper to disrupt him from catching a cross from set play.
that's another isolated case - these incidents happen 20 times in a game during set plays. why didn't you moan when chelsea players were doing the same thing to opponents?

that's not the point!
dowd saw it & called it a fair fight. both players were tugging at each other in both cases. chelsea players decided to go to the ground to win a penalty & dowd rightly ignored them.

per stood his ground, he didn't hurl himself to the ground cos he accepts such as parts of the game. ivanovic & terry were looking for the penalty so they went to the ground easily.

you don't even know your argument - earlier, you asserted if the ref had seen it then justice woulda prevailed. now you are saying dowd saw it and did nothing. dowd did nothing cos he adjudged the incident a fair-fight. ivanovic's arm was also on smalling's neck.
the writer should eat a dïck!

he should question the inconsistency of his profession as a sports journalist. he's an idïot.....dowd didn't penalise shawcross, oliver did. what referees adjudge as a foul differs widely.

You don't just give up, do you?

How a nigga would be branding professional foul 'fair fight' for this 21st century really baffles me.

Coog stop giving this joke a go, you're not such a good comedian. Players deliberately commit professional fouls for strategic reasons and deserve to be punished for it.

You don't expect me to take you serious when you start saying things like such fouls are 'fair fight'.

So when a basketball player hack-a-shaq in the court, it should be considered a 'fair fight'?

Baba mi, Rojo and Smalling carried out a deliberate act of foul play which brought about an advantage to Utd. For consistency sake, such deserve a punishment.

Refs like Micheal Oliver deserves a national honour for mustering the courage to make the right call.

So b'cos football is a contact sports, I should also expect players to trade blows in the field of play?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funjosh(m): 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
CHELSEA!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
homesteady:

It seems you have forgotten so soon who won the worldcup!

Oh yeah, I know who won the world cup.

Jerome Boateng - he deserves the Ballon D'Or.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
I personally agree with Coogar.

Gamesmanship is part and parcel of the game. The job of the Ref is to step in when he catches the player or believes that the rules of the game have been infringed...and sometimes they get it wrong and sometimes they get it right.

Fair play gets you nowhere in life, and it is completely natural for humans to try and gain even the slightest of advantages whenever they can...

I can't even think of one professional footballer that isn't also a professional cheat...when the ball goes out for a throw in, you see the very guy who booted the ball into Row Z raising his hands in appeal.

Diving, Fouling, and all sorts of Ojoro are part of the game...Ronaldo, Robben, Ibrahimovic, and Drogba are some of the biggest names in the game...and also some of the biggest cheats known to man...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nihilist:
I personally agree with Coogar.

Gamesmanship is part and parcel of the game. The job of the Ref is to step in when he catches the player or believes that the rules of the game have been infringed...and sometimes they get it wrong and sometimes they get it right.

Fair play gets you nowhere in life, and it is completely natural for humans to try and gain even the slightest of advantages whenever they can...

I can't even think of one professional footballer that isn't also a professional cheat...when the ball goes out for a throw in, you see the very guy who booted the ball into Row Z raising his hands in appeal.

Diving, Fouling, and all sorts of Ojoro are part of the game...Ronaldo, Robben, Ibrahimovic, and Drogba are some of the biggest names in the game...and also some of the biggest cheats known to man...

And when such denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity right before the referee, he should ignore such call because it's all down to gamesmanship?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
AirborneLacer:

And when such denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity right before the referee, he should ignore such call because it's all down to gamesmanship?

Mate it's part of the game and every team gets them....in the end it all evens out over the season...

To be fair, I don't think the ref might have even seen it, as it wasn't even immediately apparent to viewers at home who have the luxury of replays from multiple angles.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
AirborneLacer:

that's why it's football....
and this is also why FIFA don't want video evidence. the controversy is what makes the game exciting, the controversy is what sells in the news media. was it a valid goal or not? did he dive or not?

you ought to stop moaning......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nihilist:

Mate it's part of the game and every team gets them....in the end it all evens out over the season...

To be fair, I don't think the ref might have even seen it, as it wasn't even immediately apparent to viewers at home who have the luxury of replays from multiple angles.

No one enjoyed any luxury of replays from multiple angles. Nateevs and I never waited for a replay to type 'That's a penalty' on here.

So which luxury are you talking about?

Dowd was standing right before the defs when the kung-fu ensued.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
AirborneLacer:

No one enjoyed any luxury of replays from multiple angles. Nateevs and I never waited for a replay to type 'That's a penalty' on here.

So which luxury are you talking about?

Dowd was standing right before the defs when the kung-fu ensued.

Well I didn't see it straight away...I only saw Ivanovic appealing for something...it was only after like 2-3 replays that I saw it.

Bruv, I'm not sure why you're making such a big deal out of nothing...I don't think the red actually saw that tackle considering how many things were going on in that box...

What's the guarantee that we would have scored the pen anyway. Hazard scuffed a much easier shot from point blank range after that incident...

That's just the drama of footie in my opinion...these controversies form the story lines of the EPL narrative. I personally wouldn't be that interested in footie if everything was done by the book...as much as we need Heroes in the game, we also need Villains.

Batman would be nothing without the Joker. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havilah93(m): 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
Shrewsbury Town starting lineup (3-5-2):

Jayson Leutwiler | Connor Goldson (c),
Nathaniel Knight-Percival, Jermaine
Grandison | Mickey Demetriou, James
Wesolowski, Bobby Grant, Ryan Woods,
Jack Grimmer | Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro,
James Collins

Substitutes from: Callum Burton (GK), Mark
Ellis, Scott Vernon, Liam Lawrence,
Anthony Griffith, Andy Mangan, Jordan
Clark

Chelsea starting lineup (4-2-3-1):
Petr Cech | Filipe Luis, Gary Cahill , Kurt
Zouma, Andreas Christensen | Nathan Ake,
John Obi Mikel | Andre Schurrle, Oscar,
Mohamed Salah | Didier Drogba (c)

Substitutes from: Mark Schwarzer , John Terry ,
Nemanja Matic, Lewis Baker, Willian, Eden
Hazard, Izzy Brown

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
Mehn, thís no8 is useless.

Can't even put his foot on the ball and dictate the game against a league 2 team.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
Suleiman! Olooodo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
And what is Salah trying to prove?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
Schurrle can be so frustrating.... Salah lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
Might as well kept Moses as the 4th winger than trot Salah out for League Cup games.

And why is Mikel sitting ontop Nathan Ake. Move forward old man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
Dröoooooogbaaaaaaa!!!!

Bring Baker on jare.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
Legendary DD. All day, everyday.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
Surleeeeee. Badman

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LOOOOOOOOL IM DONE. ONE MESSI STAN SAYS MANUEL NEUER SHOULD WIN THE BALLON D'OR grin grin grin grin grin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) ... (19101) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Roland17(m), ouzo1(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.