Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,463 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (877) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10378011 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (19066) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:01am On Apr 06, 2015
pazienza:

There is more to Hazard game than just dribble http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/europe/2015/01/03/7618202/who-is-the-most-creative-player-in-europe-this-season

From this link you showed me this was what I found there

Olympique de Marseille star Dimitiri Payet has edged Chelsea's Cesc Fabregas to the title of most creative player in Europe so far this season, having set up four chances more than the Spain international.

Since moving to Stamford Bridge from Barcelona, former Arsenal captain Fabregas has picked up 14 assists in the Premier League, far more than any other player and six more than Payet can boast. But the Frenchman has, crucially, fashioned more scoring opportunities overall.

Third on the list, which is dominated by the Premier League, is another player with a Chelsea connection, Kevin De Bruyne, who has made 59 chances for his Wolfsburg teammates.

http://talksport.com/football/shock-stats-top-six-most-creative-players-premier-league-14022881673?p=5

This one says in the premier league, Of course the PL is dire in terms of creativity, Or you think say na rigging say no PL team dey Europe currently?

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/ea-sports-player-performance-index.html

Yes, I will take Hazard over Neymar , Robben and Suarez, anyday, anytime.

Hazard over Suarez? Over Robben LOL
That must be a rude joke

Tell Mourinho that Suarez is available and watch him fling Hazard to Lokeren
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pazienza(m): 1:57am On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

From this link you showed me this was what I found there

This one says in the premier league, Of course the PL is dire in terms of creativity, Or you think say na rigging say no PL team dey Europe currently?

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/ea-sports-player-performance-index.html

Hazard over Suarez? Over Robben LOL
That must be a rude joke

Tell Mourinho that Suarez is available and watch him fling Hazard to Lokeren

The point being made is that neither of Neymar,Suarez, or Robben are more creative than Hazard. And none of them are better dribblers than him. So as you can see, there is more to Hazard dribble than just fun seeking, he creates goal scoring chances. He equally came out top on goal scoring chances created last season in EPL, ahead of Suarez, who scored more goals.

Speaking of premier league teams inability to make the Quarter final round of the Champions league, well it was all a bit of misfortune, both Chelsea and Arsenal went out on away goal rules, Man u, usually premier league strong representatives has been in transition for a year now, not long ago, premier league was producing 3semi finalists, no other league has achieved that in recent years. Next season promises to be a better one for EPL teams, Chelsea was a semi finalist last season, and one of the favourites this season until they crashed out, even Real Madrid barely escaped Schalke, so your talk of premier league lacking in creativity has no substance.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 3:12am On Apr 06, 2015
Turns out Cuadrado the best dribbler in serie A cant even dribble better than Ramires and some of you wonder y Salah is making waves......... Salah that couldn't shine against shrewbury... I dnt even regret mata and schurrle sales... But hazard, fabregas, de bruyne?? Teams would use triple 4 to contain that, Oscar totally deceived everyone with that fucking form last season, he must be laughing his ass off at Mourinho..... The kind selling Oscar will get ehn!! When mou removes a player repeatedly when he needs result, u know the love story is getting sour.... JOSE THE ULTIMATE HUSBAND

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:41am On Apr 06, 2015
bigkesh:
Turns out Cuadrado the best dribbler in serie A cant even dribble better than Ramires and some of you wonder y Salah is making waves......... Salah that couldn't shine against shrewbury... I dnt even regret mata and schurrle sales... But hazard, fabregas, de bruyne?? Teams would use triple 4 to contain that, Oscar totally deceived everyone with that fucking form last season, he must be laughing his ass off at Mourinho..... The kind selling Oscar will get ehn!! When mou removes a player repeatedly when he needs result, u know the love story is getting sour.... JOSE THE ULTIMATE HUSBAND

Please what form did Oscar deceive you with last season?

You mean his 2 league assists. . . . .or was it form that he showed on the bench?

Oscar was on the bench from January till season end . . . . JM dropped him for poor form and accused him of saving himself for the world cup.

The way niggas have short memory is amazing. Sometimes I think I'm alone in remembering details of past events.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:58am On Apr 06, 2015
pazienza:

The point being made is that neither of Neymar,Suarez, or Robben are more creative than Hazard. And none of them are better dribblers than him. So as you can see, there is more to Hazard dribble than just fun seeking, he creates goal scoring chances. He equally came out top on goal scoring chances created last season in EPL, ahead of Suarez, who scored more goals.

Where are these goal scoring chances Hazard created with his dribbles?

Hazard vs Suarez

Last season only Suarez in the EPL had 31 goals and 21 assists, Hazard in the last 2 seasons combined 26 goals and 19 assists. So tell me how Hazard is more creative? You think Creative is throwing senseless stepovers?

Take note Suarez was not Liverpools Penalty taker

Measuring dribbling in football is senseless because the major dribblers of the game are the useless players like Quaresma, Denilson, Mkhitaryan, Lucas Moura and Pius Ikedia.

When Ronaldo was known as a dribbler and when he became lesss known as a dribbler which version was more successful. The more a player dribbles, the less successful he would be

Speaking of premier league teams inability to make the Quarter final round of the Champions league, well it was all a bit of misfortune, both Chelsea and Arsenal went out on away goal rules, Man u, usually premier league strong representatives has been in transition for a year now, not long ago, premier league was producing 3semi finalists, no other league has achieved that in recent years. Next season promises to be a better one for EPL teams, Chelsea was a semi finalist last season, and one of the favourites this season until they crashed out, even Real Madrid barely escaped Schalke, so your talk of premier league lacking in creativity has no substance.

If this season was just misfortune, Then it must also be misfortune that has kept any premier league player from making UEFA team of the season for almost 4 seasons now since Gareth Bale in 2011.
I can tell you that the UEFA team of this season again wont have any EPL player. Thats like 5 seasons on the trot where EPL players are found to be inferior
Face the facts, PL players are way inferior to their continental counterparts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pazienza(m): 8:51am On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Where are these goal scoring chances Hazard created with his dribbles?

Hazard vs Suarez

Last season only Suarez in the EPL had 31 goals and 21 assists, Hazard in the last 2 seasons combined 26 goals and 19 assists. So tell me how Hazard is more creative? You think Creative is throwing senseless stepovers?

Take note Suarez was not Liverpools Penalty taker

Measuring dribbling in football is senseless because the major dribblers of the game are the useless players like Quaresma, Denilson, Mkhitaryan, Lucas Moura and Pius Ikedia.

When Ronaldo was known as a dribbler and when he became lesss known as a dribbler which version was more successful. The more a player dribbles, the less successful he would be

@
If this season was just misfortune, Then it must also be misfortune that has kept any premier league player from making UEFA team of the season for almost 4 seasons now since Gareth Bale in 2011.
I can tell you that the UEFA team of this season again wont have any EPL player. Thats like 5 seasons on the trot where EPL players are found to be inferior
Face the facts, PL players are way inferior to their continental counterparts

Creativity is the ability to create goal scoring chances,
It's no co incidence that the likes of mitharyan, and Lucas moura are not in the reckoning in the goal chances stats, while Hazard is.

Last season, Hazard created more goal scoring chances tha Suarez.

You are wrong, two premier league players, Ozil and Bale, made the 2013 list http://www.uefa.org/mediaservices/mediareleases/newsid=2044231.html

Within the last Decade, Premier league teams have won the UEFA champions league, 3times 2005, 2008 and 2012, and reached the finals in 3times 2006,2007, 2009, only La liga have a better record, Burndisleaguenow only has one within those years and two final appearances in 2010 ,2012.

You can't be lacking in creativity and have such impressive record.

The nature of the premier league has affected their teams European performances in recent years.

Arsenal built a new stadium, and have been living on small budgets since then , seeing the Spanish giants and the rest snatch their best players, see what Bayern constant snatching of Dortmund's top talents have turned them into.

Liverpool, usually premier league strong representatives, declined and are now lightweights in Europe after years of absence.

They became replaced by a green horse in Man City.

Man United, declined recently too and are in re building process, every big club pass through such phase sometimes.

Chelsea has been the only unaffected team in England and has maintained the dominance EPL clubs enjoyed in Europe in the 2005-2009 era.

The nature of revenue sharing in EPL makes it difficult for EPL clubs to compete against the giants of Spain and to an extent, Bayern( that comfortably enjoys financial monopoly in Germany) , but with the New coming TV rights improved deal, EPL dominance era in Europe is about kicking off again, EPL teams will now have the financial muscle to keep their priced assets away from the Spanish giants, as well as having muscle to price top talents away from them, just sit and watch.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 10:55am On Apr 06, 2015
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by soccerblitz: 11:02am On Apr 06, 2015
Chelsea linked with Henderson

According to the Daily Star, Henderson has rejected an offer of £80,000-a-week to remain at the Liverpool.

And that has reportedly put Chelsea on alert, with Jose Mourinho weighing up a move for the 24-year-old.

Henderson insisted on Saturday that Liverpool can still make the top four this season despite a humiliating loss to Arsenal.

SOURCE: http://soccerblitz.net/2015/04/06/henderson-linked-with-chelsea-after-contract-dilemma-with-liverpool/

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:19am On Apr 06, 2015
^^^ Henderson offers nothing that Van Ginkel doesn't. The dude is just a runabout.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:46am On Apr 06, 2015
I would happily take Henderson. The guy ISS good CM and experienced in the League.

No be beans to be Liverpool vice captain
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ibime:

Please what form did Oscar deceive you with last season?

You mean his 2 league assists. . . . .or was it form that he showed on the bench?

Oscar was on the bench from January till season end . . . . JM dropped him for poor form and accused him of saving himself for the world cup.

The way niggas have short memory is amazing. Sometimes I think I'm alone in remember in details of past events.
calm down, when i said last season u should know i meant August till the moment Mata was sold....Oscar on whatsapp - last seen January 2014
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
. coolHenderson MOU should just stick to that Andre Gomes....

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
pazienza:

Creativity is a ability to create goal scoring chances,
It's no co incidence that the likes of mitharyan, and Lucas moura are not in the reckoning in the goal chances stats, while Hazard is.

Last season, Hazard created more goal scoring chances than Hazard.

WHat are these goal scoring chances that doesnt translate into assists or goals. in one year Suarez created more assists than Hazard has done in the past 2 yrs. Thats an incontrovertible fact

You are wrong, two premier league players, Ozil and Bale, made the 2013 list http://www.uefa.org/mediaservices/mediareleases/newsid=2044231.html

Its fraudulent to claim Ozil and Bale as the 2 EPL players, Ozil won as an Arsenal player and Bale as a Madrid player. So you are telling me in the last 5 yrs only 3 players from the EPL have made it. Compare that with other top leagues

Even the french league has produced Zlatan twice and Thiago Silva twice. I dont need to reel out the Bundesliga and La Lga players

I can tell you that barely would any EPL player make the 2015 list again given their abysmal performance in Europe

Within the last Decade, Premier league. teams has won the UEFA champions league, 3times 2005, 2008 and 2012, and reached the finals in 3times 2006,2007, 2009, only La liga has better record, Burndisleaguenow only has one within those years and two final appearances in 2010 ,2012.

You can't be lacking in creativity to have such impressive record.

LOL. You cant be measuring recent performance and choose the last decade. Within the Last decade Ronaldinho was a top player and AC Milan was a top team same with Liverpool even you would agree thats not a fair measurement, Most analysis would be limited to a 5yr period. In the past 5yrs we know where the EPL stand in Europe This is the second season in 5yrs they do not have a team in the CL quarters.

In 2010, EPL was the number 1 league according to UEFA, Last yr they were the number 2 league, next yr they would be ranked number 3 and you dont see any decline?

The nature of the premier league has affected the team's performance in recent years.

Arsenal built a new stadium, and had been living on small budgets since then , seeing the Spanish giants and the rest snatch their best players, see what Bayern constant snatching of Dortmund's top talents have turned them into.

Liverpool, usually premier league strong representatives, declined and are now novices in Europe after years of absence.

They became replaced by a green horse in Man City.

Man United, declined recently too and are in re building process, every big club pass through such phase sometimes.

Chelsea has been the only unaffected team in England and has maintained the dominance EPL clubs enjoyed in Europe in the 2005-2009 era.

The nature of revenue sharing in EPL makes it difficult for EPL clubs to compete against the giants of Spain and to an extent, Bayern( that comfortably enjoys financial monopoly in Germany) , but with the New coming TV rights improved deal, EPL dominance era in Europe is about kicking off again, EPL teams will now have the financial muscle to keep their priced assets away from the Spanish giants, as well as having muscle to price top talents away from them, just sit and watch.

All these are excuses. Dortmund went from bankruptcy to the CL finals, Bayern built a new stadium . PL teams still make more money than most teams in Europe yet they have been performing worse, According to Delloite Half of the top 10 richest teams in Europe last season are from the EPL, yet they still failed massively. So whats the guarantee more money would bring them success?.

Money hasnt stopped City from losing scandalously to Ajax, CSKA, Napoli and other mediocre teams in the recent past. PSG became rich way behind Man City and they are playing in the Quarter finals while City gets molested in the second round whenever they manage it beyond th group stages

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pazienza(m): 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

WHat are these goal scoring chances that doesnt translate into assists or goals. in one year Suarez created more assists than Hazard has done in the past 2 yrs. Thats an incontrovertible fact

Its fraudulent to claim Ozil and Bale as the 2 EPL players, Ozil won as an Arsenal player and Bale as a Madrid player. So you are telling me in the last 5 yrs only 3 players from the EPL have made it. Compare that with other top leagues

Even the french league has produced Zlatan twice and Thiago Silva twice. I dont need to reel out the Bundesliga and La Lga players

I can tell you that barely would any EPL player make the 2015 list again given their abysmal performance in Europe

LOL. You cant be measuring recent performance and choose the last decade. Within the Last decade Ronaldinho was a top player and AC Milan was a top team same with Liverpool even you would agree thats not a fair measurement, Most analysis would be limited to a 5yr period. In the past 5yrs we know where the EPL stand in Europe This is the second season in 5yrs they do not have a team in the CL quarters.

In 2010, EPL was the number 1 league according to UEFA, Last yr they were the number 2 league, next yr they would be ranked number 3 and you dont see any decline?

All these are excuses. Dortmund went from bankruptcy to the CL finals, Bayern built a new stadium . PL teams still make more money than most teams in Europe yet they have been performing worse, According to Delloite Half of the top 10 richest teams in Europe last season are from the EPL, yet they still failed massively. So whats the guarantee more money would bring them success?.

Money hasnt stopped City from losing scandalously to Ajax, CSKA, Napoli and other mediocre teams in the recent past. PSG became rich way behind Man City and they are playing in the Quarter finals while City gets molested in the second round whenever they manage it beyond th group stages

If football is all about goals and assists, then guys like Zidane, Iniesta, Xavi, etc won't be regarded as football greats.

The UEFA team of the year seem to be more of popularity contest, I checked the team in the year Chelsea and Man u played final and Liverpool was even in semis that year, 2008, yet there was no dominance of EPL players in the team, the selection seem to be based on popularity and reputation rather than on current form of players as the voting process seem to be open to JJCs.

Even in 2006 when Arsenal conceded only one goal in the build up to the final, Yet Buffon was chosen in the goal post over lehman in defense, one would have expected the defense of the 2006 team of the year to be dominated by Arsenal, but that wasn't the case, Carnavaro and Buffon whose Juventus team was outclassed and rightly dumped out of the tournament by Arsenal, got the nod ahead of Arsenal goalkeeper and defenders.

In the last 5 years 2009 -2014 period EPL has won 1 champions league trophy, one Final appearance and one semifinal spot, only la liga have a better record, courtesy of the Spanish giants financial muscle.

And where is Dortmund today?

With more money, Madrid and Barca won't be able to take EPL best players every season. EPL teams would have the financial muscle to out bid them( Madrid and Barca) in the south American talent hunt market and also retain their( premier league) best talents. They might even start snatching La liga best players every season and we will see how Barca and Madrid will fare.

Money never stopped Madrid from being trashed by Arsenal, Lyon and other relatively smaller teams in Europe. Between 2006- 2010, Madrid failed to make it out of the 2nd round stage in Europe, despite the millions they spent on talents, but eventually they came through, money always solve most problems, City if they continue to throw money around will soon get it right, Madrid eventually did. Didn't they?

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
pazienza:
I am not a Chelsea fan, but being neutral, I believe that only two players are currently better than Hazard in world football, Ronaldo and Messi.

Hazard is special, you need to remove your bias lens to see that, the dude just dribble pass people like they are not there, and his overall contribution to Chelsea game is enormous, he is so matured and know when not to dribble and when to just pass. I need to see the stats for the midfielders that have created highest goal scoring chances in Europe this season, I am sure he will be in the top 3. Everything good about Chelsea, flows through Hazard, he is the ultimate team player.

Too bad in modern football, all people care about are goals and assists, Hazard just need to add those two more to his game, and the world would be begging him to accept the WPOTY award, once Ronaldo and Messi decline.

You have got to respect a guy so technically gifted that he is capable of dribbling in tight spaces and in slow motion. Neymar, Reus, and their likes are but speedsters, give them no space, and they are easily caged, Hazard is ahead of them, people like Ribery recognize this.

Please, this is but my personal opinion, no ad hominem will be tolerated o!
I don't think anyone should begrudge you for your opinion. I personally don't think Hazard is the best player in the EPL hell it could be argued that he is not even the best player at Chelsea

However while expressing opinions it is not bad to take facts into cognizance

Truth is Hazard's brilliance has for the most part being limited to the league so technically in local parlance he is a local champion.

Amongst Europe's elite Hazard has only managed 5 goals in 3 seasons, by the time you take out penalties he would be left with 2 goals. For a player with Balon D'or aspirations this is a laughable record

Yes you talked about goals and assists not mattering and used Xavi, Zidane and Iniesta as examples which is quite well and good but what they lack in goals they make up for by rarely ever failing to infleunce the game when it matters most. While Hazard always goes missing

You could argue about him being relatively young but at his age Ronaldo and Messi were already two of the best players in the world. Guys like Mueller was leading his team to World and Champions League glory.

So my question to you is why has the '3rd best player's brilliance' failed to cross the British Isles?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pazienza(m): 4:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
A40:

I don't think anyone should begrudge you for your opinion. I personally don't think Hazard is the best player in the EPL hell it could be argued that he is not even the best player at Chelsea

However while expressing opinions it is not bad to take facts into cognizance

Truth is Hazard's brilliance has for the most part being limited to the league so technically in local parlance he is a local champion.

Amongst Europe's elite Hazard has only managed 5 goals in 3 seasons, by the time you take out penalties he would be left with 2 goals. For a player with Balon D'or aspirations this is a laughable record

Yes you talked about goals and assists not mattering and used Xavi, Zidane and Iniesta as examples which is quite well and good but what they lack in goals they make up for by rarely ever failing to infleunce the game when it matters most. While Hazard always goes missing

You could argue about him being relatively young but at his age Ronaldo and Messi were already two of the best players in the world. Guys like Mueller was leading his team to World and Champions League glory.

So my question to you is why has the '3rd best player's brilliance' failed to cross the British Isles?

Thank you.

Hazard joined Chelsea when the team just started its rebuilding process, after the Stars of the 2004-2012 era had aged and were being replaced, basically Chelsea was in rebuilding process, and just finished 5th in the league when Hazard joined them.

Chelsea is not as rich as Madrid/ Barca, so their rebuilding process is a slow one, but with Hazard they have already reached the Semi final of the Champions league last season, and that was as high as Madrid could get as of 2013 even with their high profile signings.
As of last season, Chelsea strikers were substandard, with Eto, not so top Demba Ba, and dead Torres, all Chelsea's creative spark must come from Hazard, a tree was never going to make a forest.

Ronaldo had world class scholes, A top striker in Rooney, his burden was lighter. Messi had Iniester, Xavi, and Henry/ Ibrahimovic/ Villa/ Eto (at his peak) at various points of his Carreer, it made things easier for him, allowing his team to totally dominate opponents, Hazard until now never had those privileges, He just got Fabregas and Costa this season, genuine world class talents, and he is already leading Chelsea to their first EPL trophy since 2010.

As Mourinho continues to build Chelsea around Hazard, more world class talents capable of supporting Hazard and even winning difficult matches when he( Hazard) is finding it difficult will be added, for example without scholes, Ronaldo would probably not have won the 2008 balloon d'or, he needed scholes brilliance to get over Messi and Barcelona in the Semi final.

Muller, leading Germany and Bayern to World cup and champions league glorly? Please spare me that talk, we know that Muller wasn't the main man for Germany and Bayern, he just seem to get the crucial goals, as the pressure seem to be less on him and more on his more illustrious team mates like Robben, Ribery, Lahm, Ozil, Kroos, etc, it makes him the ghost man that sneaks in behind and comes up the goal, Muller was never the danger man for Germany and Bayern.

In Chelsea, Hazard has no such Luxury, he is the danger man/ the star man, every opponent makes special arrangements to cage him, there is no hiding place for him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
coogar:

and this is why hazard stank the whole joint at the world cup. even fellaini shone for belgium than hazard. when is dribbling without output become a skill?
Hey, not all good players do shine at world cup, it depends on team work and not individual games. Ronaldo for example. That's world cup for you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 5:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
SailorXY:
hazard over robben grin grin

shiit keep rising to fill the mouth here

Na so we see am o.
For all the hype surrounding him, He is neither Belgium's best player nor their most important.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 5:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
A40:

Neither do I tbh.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 6:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
pazienza:

Thank you.

Hazard joined Chelsea when the team just started its rebuilding process, after the Stars of the 2004-2012 era had aged and were being replaced, basically Chelsea was in rebuilding process, and just finished 5th in the league when Hazard joined them.
Chelsea did not finish 6th because they were not good enough they finished there because of AVB's incompetence and RDM ultimately opting to focus on Europe. The only key man who left was Drogba. Not an excuse for Chelsea to get knocked out of the group stage. By landing Pizarro, Mandzukic, Martinez, Shaqiri we also had to rebuild

I can say that for just about any team in Europe

pazienza:

Chelsea is not as rich as Madrid/ Barca, so their rebuilding process is a slow one, but with Hazard they have already reached the Semi final of the Champions league last season, and that was as high as Madrid could get as of 2013 even with their high profile signings.
Their transfer dealings and wage bill do not necessarily agree with you. What Chelsea lack is the pull and pedigree of Madrid and Barca certainly not the funds

What was Hazard's role in Chelsea reaching the semi-finals? If we rolled out the top 15 players in the Champions League last season. Hazard would not make it there

pazienza:

As of last season, Chelsea strikers were substandard, with Eto, not so top Demba Ba, and dead Torres, all Chelsea's creative spark must come from Hazard, a tree was never going to make a forest.
In a 'bad team' you can still be the difference maker. My question here is why has Hazard either with good or bad players failed to make any difference in the Champions League

pazienza:

Ronaldo had world class scholes, A top striker in Rooney, his burden was lighter. Messi had Iniester, Xavi, and Henry/ Ibrahimovic/ Villa/ Eto (at his peak) at various points of his Carreer, it made things easier for him, allowing his team to totally dominate opponents, Hazard until now never had those privileges, He just got Fabregas and Costa this season, genuine world class talents, and he is already leading Chelsea to their first EPL trophy since 2010.
So this is your defence as to why Hazard has only scored 2 goals in 3 seasons from open play in the Champions League? Hazard has not been pulling his own weight so the issue of Messi and Ronaldo possessing a better supporting cast does not arise

Even with the arrival of these 'genuine world class talents' Hazard failed yet again to perform in Europe

2012/2013 - Nowhere to be found vs Juve
2013/2014 - Invisible in both legs vs Atleti, Chelsea got past PSG in his absence
2014/2015 - Bar the usual penalty was invisible in both legs vs PSG

I've seen Messi and Ronaldo in UCL matches decide the tie with moments of individual genius. In 3 years since Hazard joined Chelsea I have never seen that

With the truckload of money Chelsea has been spending they are due a league title. And Fabregas and Costa's contributions have been more telling IMO

pazienza:

As Mourinho continues to build Chelsea around Hazard, more world class talents capable of supporting Hazard and even winning difficult matches when he( Hazard) is finding it difficult will be added, for example without scholes, Ronaldo would probably not have won the 2008 balloon d'or, he needed scholes brilliance to get over Messi and Barcelona in the Semi final.
Why does Hazard always find it difficult? How is the 3rd best player in the World according to you yet to make his impact felt in any competition other than the EPL

At 0-0 the game would have gone to penalties at the very worst. Ronaldo that year finished top scorer in the competition so I don't see the comparison with Eden 5 'goals in 3 years' Hazard

pazienza:

Muller, leading Germany and Bayern to World cup and champions league glorly? Please spare me that talk, we know that Muller wasn't the main man for Germany and Bayern, he just seem to get the crucial goals, as the pressure seem to be less on him and more on his more illustrious team mates like Robben, Ribery, Lahm, Ozil, Kroos, etc, it makes him the ghost man that sneaks in behind and comes up the goal, Muller was never the danger man for Germany and Bayern.
Mueller wasn't the main man? Looooool! Bros just stick to your forte which is the EPL and stop dropping names for the fun of it.

Kroos - No assist from open play at the World Cup injured in our Champions League title run
Oezil - Looool
Lahm - Was a fantastic player but played a different role definitely not more important than Mueller
Ribery - Not as important as Mueller
Robben - Equal level of importance but Mueller has the edge because of his durability

Only astute analysts truly understand what Mueller brings to the table and it goes beyond dribbles and flicks.

Mueller is Bayern and Germany's most dangerous player because you never quite know what he's going to do, where he is going to pop up or how you even go about marking him. How you don't know this is one of earth's mysteries

pazienza:

In Chelsea, Hazard has no such Luxury, he is the danger man/ the star man, every opponent makes special arrangements to cage him, there is no hiding place for him.
Meh! All I see is a player who can only shine in the EPL and can't cut it in the bright lights of the Champions League. You can make special arrangements to cage Messi, Mueller, Ronaldo. Xavi, Robben their brilliance would still shine through.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
chic2pimp:

Na so we see am o.
For all the hype surrounding him, He is neither Belgium's best player nor their most important.
Bros I prefer cerci tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2015
fredoooooo:

Bros I prefer cerci tongue

Cerci dey more important to his team than Eden sef tongue tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
Goal for Palace!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
bigkesh:
calm down, when i said last season u should know i meant August till the moment Mata was sold....Oscar on whatsapp - last seen January 2014

August 13 - Jan 14, Oscar did not shine.

We the Chelsea fans only supported him in uprooting Mata from the team cos Mata unbalanced the team and midfield of Lampard and Ramires was weak enough much less to carry another passenger like Mata.

What was Oscars stats from Aug13-Jan14 for us to say he shined? In totality, his season was not successful. . . . just like every other season he's been at Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
Puncheoooooooooooooooooooooonnnnn!!!!

2-0 to Palace.

More breathing space. . . . .only Arsenal to worry about now.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ibime:
Puncheoooooooooooooooooooooonnnnn!!!!

2-0 to Palace.

More breathing space. . . . .only Arsenal to worry about now.

Make Aguero shine na. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 9:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
TreQuartista:

Make Aguero shine na. . .

aguero ke , olohun o ni je ko shine tongue grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
Arsenal and manure ontop of city? Wonder shall never end!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2015
Arsenal Pulesss!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
Lampard! Behave. undecided angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dhebo(m): 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
Pellegrini should start typing his resignation letter ...cus I don't see him ending the season

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
Yaya!

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (19066) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kingBolton, Griffon(m), eph12(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.