Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (898) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10380312 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (19066) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
coogar:

win as in clear win!
like i slaughtered the dude that claimed sanchez scored only 8 goals in his debut season @ barca!

win as in providing empirical evidence that destroys myths that have existed for 4,000 years. i have never lost an argument in my entire life. i can tell you bill gates is from ekiti & i would have proof to support it. grin

Lol..

Dude you're crazy.

Oya prove it to me or you change your moniker sharply. Serieaisbest.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
Smh smh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
“Obviously, there is Lionel Messi and Ronaldo, both of whom are spectacular, but I like Eden Hazard more.

‘I like everything he does on the field. I like his behaviour, his decisiveness and love to see his progress every year.

- Zidane

But then, some "intelligent" pundits on a Nigerian forum believes the Belgian is none different to Ikedia, poor Zidane must have a horrible taste of footie cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
JigsawKillah:

Yes
Hazard is Pius Ikedia 5.2 and Neymar is Finidi George's wannabe

Neymar is Finidi George wanabee, That I can live with since he (Neymar) still wants to win the CL like Finidi

Unlike Hazard the Ikedia 2.0. headless chicken dribble little end result

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Your sentiment would run you down if you were to manage a football team.

Liverpool paid £5m to QPR to snap up the then 15-year-old Sterling and are about to make a profit of £45m off the kid and you're talking about holding onto the best?

Brother this is football where every player has a price, that is the business, not a phucking a fantasy manager app.

Your inability to see the big picture and see beyond your nose would also run you down. A team aspiring to get back to Europe has no business selling its best players, when you keep doing that you are only telling other players your club is a stopover point not a final destination.

Just last season Suarez was sold for about £78m but Liverpool ended up spending over £100m on transfer fees. They will most likely not make the Champions League so not only would they still have to pay the wages of the players they have signed but would have trouble attracting the kind of players that would get them back into that competition

They sold Torres for £50m and ended up buying Carroll and Downing for £55m we all saw the outcome. So keep chatting megedefegede about profit

AirborneLacer:

Your illustration is standing on a shaky ground.

Chelsea made £80m just by selling an erratic center-back and two squad players. We invested the sum in top players like Costa and Fabregas, and good squad players like Luis and Remy, finishing with a net profit of £8m.

Tell me those were bad transactions.
I said best players and you are talking about David Lulz. You are only fortunate that while you have smartened up a bit PSG has taken it upon themselves to be a more wasteful outfit than Chelsea. Who in their right senses spends over £100m on Cavani and David Lulz

This however does not still discard the fact that when it comes to making losses you and Man City are the undisputed heavyweight champions! In more civilized leagues you guys wouldn't even be allowed to compete

AirborneLacer:

Our bloody signing has a place in the Brazilian national team, tell me about your league's record signing.
This is circus level clowning. Martinez has been a member of his national team since 2010 WC. He is being kept out by Xabi Alonso, Sergio Busquets and Xavi. There is no shame in that afterall your Cesc Fabregas is not a guaranteed starter for Spain either. However for Bayern he came in his first season and formed the best midfield partnership in Europe winning every trophy he competed for

Now tell us about your Willian and his achievements since joining Chelsea. In a team parading Fred and Hulk, Buckwheat still couldn't start. Even in your useless league he would not make the top 30 players

Willian ko Black Eyed Peas ni

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
Bundesligabest:

No need for all these. EPL is more competitive than Bundesliga and I proved it.

I showed 9 times in the last 2 seasons where Bundesliga teams were trashed by 4,5,6 and 7 goals.

Dayo had to go back 13 years all the way to 2002 just to find only 4 occasions where EPL teams were trashed.

That's the only empirical evidence one needs. . . . .although I lost my moniker in the process by becoming too cocky. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hehehe

Ditch this ish and give us Ibime abeg

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Still go back to 100 years and you would see for real that we've been more relevant in Elite Europe than Burnthisleaguedown.

Sample periods are used to lay down FACTS! And the one FACT I have for you is that in the last 10 years the EPL has produced more Champions League and Europa League winners than the Burnthisleaguedown.

Well, that shouldn't be a problem given that we've been able to produce an Europa League winner and a Champions League semi-finalist within that time frame.
That is why your useless EP-Fell has only produced one international trophy since its miserable existence. What a waste of a league

Explain why your useless league is at home while even Belgian, Russian and Ukranian leagues are still in action in elite Europe

Is it not because you were not good enough to compete in the Champions League that you ended up in Europa

AirborneLacer:

This is a myopic assertion to make.

We hardly possessed the ball in most of the games we played in 2012 yet we won the Champions League, so what are you saying niccur?

What has holding onto the ball for the most period of the game got to do with building a team that would challenge?
You are the only one with eye issues here. Since your pyrhhic victory Group stage exit, first knockout stage
exit and semi-final have been your achievements in elite Europe

AirborneLacer:

Calm down niccur, how consistent has this ''penny-wise pound foolish'' transfers been?

Spurs even ended in net profit that very summer, so what's your point?

Chelsea have been playing the transfer market like a violin, maximizing the value of spare parts and selling luminaries like Luiz et al for staggering sums.

City only had to spend like drunken sailors over the years in order to have the framework of a top side. As a more established side, the spending has tapered.

Need I spread the gospel of Mr Wenger?

We know the market mate.

www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9816421/chelsea-showing-good-value-in-performance-and-wage-stakes

www.squawka.com/news/premier-league-wage-breakdown-man-utd-have-the-biggest-bill/360001

Your league is the epitome and anagram of waste! Despite high ticket prices and TV deals just look at your wage and turnover ratio, now look at Bayern with an uber-low ticket price and TV deals with 45% wage and turnover ratio.

Chei! Few teams even pay more in wages than they make in turnover no wonder na so so record-breaking loss almost every year unless the year wey dem fit sell their best players. I'm no expert but even a tot knows that is definitely not a financial model to follow

If not for FFP City and Chelsea would have continued making monumental and record-breaking losses. Even with all the money your overhyped league still can't get past the first knockout stage

AirborneLacer:

The International stage should be a problem for the national team not for the league.
The National team comprises of players from where can you please remind me?

AirborneLacer:

How can you see their impacts when you're merely viewing with a Burnthisleaguedown tinted shade?

Out of all the goals scored in the PL over the past 3 seasons, foreign imports have contributed 68% of them.

Part of our broadcasting attractiveness is full stadiums, best managers and best players - most who happens to be foreign players.

Now you understand why Sky and BT Sports had to agree to pay us a record-staggering £5billion - the world second most lucrative sports league, behind just the NFL.
Your league lacks a soul and an identity. All the billions in the world cannot save it from its mediocrity on the pitch that is why the best players all leave at the first opportunity they get

AirborneLacer:

This says nada mate.

Uncontrollable factors such as fortune, timing and a supporting cast play a pivotal role in WC success.

Di Stefano never got a chance at the WC title, but would be remembered as a better striker than Torres who won the WC.
Rubbish! Why does the EPL and its products never have good supporting casts

Fortune ko Ouija boards ni. What does Di Stefano have to do with anything and what role did Torres play in Spain's world cup triumph?

AirborneLacer:

Best, Giggs, Weah, Schuster, Cantona are greats who didn't even play at the WC.
Best, Giggs, Weah didn't play for strong teams don't compare them with people who played for England. Cantona is overrated pure EPL hype! Did absolutely nothing for country

AirborneLacer:

Platini, Zico, Cruyff etc never won it but are still regarded as greats. They contributed massively to the game and are global icons.
Laughable that you try to bunch Beckham, Rooney, Terry and other English flops with the true greats of the game.

Platini: European Cup winner for club and country, all time top scorer at Euro tournaments. Helped his country to back to back semi-finals at the World Cup

Cruyff: Three time European cup winner, Helped his country to back to back finals

Its incredibly ignorant of you to even try to use that as an example. You are debating with a vet don't just throw sheet on the wall and expect it to stick

AirborneLacer:

What could be more nauseating than seeing Goetze and Beckham in the same sentence? Or even Boateng and Terry being compared?
What are Beckham and Terry's achievements on the international stage? If that's the best England have to offer then no wonder they have won nothing in the last 49 years

AirborneLacer:

Boateng at 26 and can't imagine of sailing home Terry's achievements.

A player who was named UEFA Club defender of the year in 05, 06 and 09, made FifPro World XI for 5 consecutive seasons and was also named in the all-star squad for the 2006 FIFA WC.

Boateng would be cursing you for ever comparing him with the great John Terry!
Who gives a rat's ass if he was listed for 50 consecutive seasons? He must be better than Nesta and Lahm then. When he dominates a World Cup Final and a Champions League Final come to tell me more about FIF Pro nominations. The same FIF Pro that Iniesta and David Lulz made last year

Terry would curse and racially abuse you for comparing him to the Boa-TANK

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
AirborneLacer:
“Obviously, there is Lionel Messi and Ronaldo, both of whom are spectacular, but I like Eden Hazard more.

‘I like everything he does on the field. I like his behaviour, his decisiveness and love to see his progress every year.

- Zidane

But then, some "intelligent" pundits on a Nigerian forum believes the Belgian is none different to Ikedia, poor Zidane must have a horrible taste of footie cheesy

I had to go and read the interview again to make sure my eyes are not beginning to wear out!

Is there a player in the game today with the ability to make you dream?
No. That’s not the right word. There are players I keep an eye on and who I like a lot, like Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, of course. They’re fantastic players, but I like Eden Hazard a lot too. I enjoy everything he does on the pitch. I like the way he carries himself, that decisive streak in him and the fact that he’s improving every year. He can still get better too, and I think he’s a big reason why Chelsea are on top of the table.

www.fifa.com/sustainability/news/y=2015/m=4/news=zidane-football-should-be-fun-2592886.html

He never said he likes Hazard more
He can't make such a statement even in his dream!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
oh noo! this type of very long argument!
it made bayern thread somehow (A40 vs toba)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
homesteady:
oh noo! this type of very long argument!
it made bayern thread somehow (A40 vs toba)
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
Moscow- Man utd vs Chelsea

Munich- Bayansh vs Chelsea

Milan-
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
Bundesligabest:

I showed 9 times in the last 2 seasons where Bundesliga teams were trashed by 4,5,6 and 7 goals.

Dayo had to go back 13 years all the way to 2002 just to find only 4 occasions where EPL teams were trashed.

That's the only empirical evidence one needs. . . . .although I lost my moniker in the process by becoming too cocky. cheesy cheesy cheesy
gringringringrin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
Chic2pimp called it the ''I no go lose Nigerian mentality'' grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
Tval:
Moscow- Man utd vs Chelsea

Munich- Bayansh vs Chelsea

Milan-

Milan - Bayern vs Valencia
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
raumdeuter:

Milan - Bayern vs Valencia
I thought next season's Ucl final would be in Milan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
Zidane picks his fav 3 players,picks hazard.....henry picks hazard....zidane is a real coach and legend,henry is an *rsenal legend and his french............ They both ignored their countrymen ,griezman and lacasera....and club boys,sanchez and bale.......... But yet some special pundits here who can't complete a take on with a plastic ball keep screaming over NL

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
I have seen some people bandying the words of Zidane as gospel

Well Pele said Nicky Barmby will become a world class star, Godwin Okpara would become world best and Nii Odartey Lmptey is the new Pele

I guess we should take that to the bank.

When people refuse to use their own judgment rather outsource it thats what you get

Hazard show us your goal

Hazard show us your assists

Rather na blind alley dribbles like Ikedia

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
AirborneLacer:
Chic2pimp called it the ''I no go lose Nigerian mentality'' grin grin grin
It's a trait very prevalent amongst Nigerians I'm afraid.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
Bundesligabest:

You asked for 3 examples I gave you 4 shouldnt that be enough to tape your mouth shut?

Anyway No need to get into further argument with you. Your moniker tells it all.

Your mouth cant be saying something and your moniker another.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
homesteady:

I had to go and read the interview again to make sure my eyes are not beginning to wear out!
www.fifa.com/sustainability/news/y=2015/m=4/news=zidane-football-should-be-fun-2592886.html

Pfft! Cast the blame on Daily mail.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3050396/Zinedine-Zidane-like-Eden-Hazard-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Lionel-Messi.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
That Pele is just a bastard.

I remember nearly choking with laughter after the Metro called him out on his rent-a-Pele-quotes during the world cup period.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
No one takes Pele serious.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
If we cant take Pele serious despite him being probably the best player ever lived yet some people who are showing us what Zidane said

As if Zidanes words would suddenly make Hazard better than Pius Ikedia and start scoring and assisting like his mates all over Europe

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
homesteady:

which lunatic will take Hazard above Messi or Ronaldo even 3 years from now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
Good to see the Old Ladies in the Semis of the UCL after a very long while, I hope they make it to the final

They're surely singing again!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
I see some exciting semifinal pairings on Friday. Juventus look to be the dark horse this season, as many footie fans didn't think they would be heading for the last 4.

We could see:
Barcelona v Juve
Bayern v Real.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 12:08am On Apr 23, 2015
CFCfan:
I see some exciting semifinal pairings on Friday. Juventus look to be the dark horse this season, as many footie fans didn't think they would be heading for the last 4.

We could see:
Barcelona v Juve
Bayern v Real.

Amen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pazienza(m): 4:02am On Apr 23, 2015
CFCfan:

We could see:
Barcelona v Juve
Bayern v Real.

I still feel they ( Juve) robbed Monaco. That first leg penalty was a dubious one, and it settled the tie.

Over the two legs, I felt Monaco was the better team, and didnt deserve to go out. That first leg referee ruined the tie.

On the evidence of what they played against Monaco,Juve is the weakest team of the 4 semi finalists, and I am sure the other three semi finalists will prefer to play them than play each other.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 6:36am On Apr 23, 2015
UEFA should please pair Juve with a team that will give them a good hiding. I want them out ASAP abeg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 8:19am On Apr 23, 2015
chic2pimp:
UEFA should please pair Juve with a team that will give them a good hiding. I want them out ASAP abeg

HahahahHahaha bro trying to protect Milan italian champions league records ..
well juve must fall as you know , I hate all of una in italy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2015
chic2pimp:

Italian teams have been piss-poor in elite europe for some years now, having Juve in the last four should be considered a good thing even by their fiercest rival.

La sua bella e importante sostenere old ladies.

Aint their fault that Milan can't even mount a serious title challenge tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (19066) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: forgiveness, Dundalk(m), rooftops and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.