Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10420424 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (19101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
Alternatively:

De Gea

Ivanovic, Fonte, Terry, Bertrand,

Hazard Matic Sanchez

Aguero Kane Costa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
Fabregas didn't make the team?? Coutinho ahead of Cesc?? Even Oscar has been better than Coutinho this season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Pedro is also better than Ronaldo.

His trophy count and the roles he played in them speaks volumes.

Afara logic.
Lol so Terry is Ronaldo and Boa-TANK Pedro? I laugh in Tambuwal. You better stop taking Tramadol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
AirborneLacer:

I concur with the view that Fonte should be up there with Terry.

Cahill's form hasn't been too impeccable this term, it really got that bad that Zouma had to be called up to action at some point.

Kane would get my nod ahead of Aguero. The latter's form has been as fickle as hell, whilst the former has just been unstoppable.

Ivanovic is another name whose place is up for debate. All season he's been this attacking full-back who is often caught off guard.

I would have gone for Clyne but dude was injured for the most period of the season. Bellerin would have made my list if he had started the season with Arsenal.

Aguero's drought lasted just five games. Its a testament to his own high standards that it looked like his form has been fickle.

Man came back from 2 serious injuries to top the goal scorers chart.

He deserves a place in that team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
Bundesligabest:
Boatengis a lucky recipient of the works of Kroos, Schweini, Muller and co. He ain't play no pivotal fücking role like say Cannavaro in 2006.

Na so Pique was lauded the best defender back in 2009-2011, motherfücker a lucky recipient of the work of Xavi, Iniesta and Mes

IBoatengbetter than Terry? Spits on ground.
Is it the Schweinsteiger that is hardly fit or Kroos that nearly handed the Final over to Argentina?

The greatest striker in your overhyped league history tagged Boa-TANK as the man of the match. Go and watch how the TANK destroyed and delivered a virtuoso performance on the biggest stage of all. A stage your racist Terry could never sniff
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
Yustash001:
the truth is..if a player haven't tasted EPL...he'll never realize that EPL isn't as easy as any other league....
Pique was 21 and Jerome 22 when they were in your league. Its an age where defenders aren't in their prime. If Kompany, Garri Cahill and Fonte can dominate your league then your league is sweet

Bimffo:

You still don't get.. The EPL now has the financial power to keep their players.. The likes of Stoke and Sunderland can buy Pedro, Montoya, Busquet tongue Etc without any stress now.. The EPL will stop been a hunting ground for Spain big clubs as from next season.. Unless we wanna sell..
Money isn't why players run from your league. You guys have always had money. You think Ronaldo left Man U because of money?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
Bimffo:

You still don't get.. The EPL now has the financial power to keep their players.. The likes of Stoke and Sunderland can buy Pedro, Montoya, Busquet tongue Etc without any stress now.. The EPL will stop been a hunting ground for Spain big clubs as from next season.. Unless we wanna sell..

I don't think money issues is one of the main reasons why the stars of EPL dream to play for either Madrid and barca, their history is more appealing, and they house the best players! Who doesn't want to associate with better thing? gringrin
Do you know how much is Sergio Busquets release clause? - £128m
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
Tval:
Did Ronaldo force his way out?
Yes, but he did not start forcing his way until madrid came calling!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
A40:

Is it the Schweinsteiger that is hardly fit or Kroos that nearly handed the Final over to Argentina?

The greatest striker in your overhyped league history tagged Boa-TANK as the man of the match. Go and watch how the TANK destroyed and delivered a virtuoso performance on the biggest stage of all. A stage your racist Terry could never sniff
You expect us[black skin fans] to be pained with this assertion?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
Lukaku looks like he has regressed badly...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
A40:

Lol so Terry is Ronaldo and Boa-TANK Pedro? I laugh in Tambuwal. You better stop taking Tramadol

No one is drawing up comparisons here, I'm only using your shallow claim against you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
Nihilist:
Lukaku looks like he has regressed badly...

A bullet well dodged!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
homesteady:

Yes, but he did not start forcing his way until madrid came calling!

Lie! He didn't force any way Out.. ManU saw the money and sold him.. It was a lucrative business for a player that has won everything in England..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
AirborneLacer:

A bullet well dodged!

Maybe...though I read this somewhere suggesting that Lukaku might just be a victim of burnout. Maybe if we'd kept him and managed his fitness more?

One could easily forgive Lukaku for his fatigue. By the time he turns 22 in May, he could quite conceivably have played 280 senior matches, a total that already stands at 251. This is a striker who, at the age of 16, started 30 games for Anderlecht. In 2010/11, Lukaku started 52 matches for club and country; he didn't turn 18 until the end of that season. You can understand Anderlecht wanting to get the most out of their striker (who was the top scorer in the Belgian League), but that's crazy.

Lukaku's workload has not slowed in recent seasons. In 2012/13 he played 43 games, and then another 44 for Belgium and Everton last season. A reminder that at that stage he was still aged just 20. When most were in need of recuperation, Lukaku travelled to the World Cup in Brazil. He suffered a badly sprained ankle in a warm-up match against Tunisia but still played in all four of Belgium's matches. He looked jaded, eventually replaced in the side by Liverpool's Divock Origi.

To have played 211 senior matches before turning 21 is almost unprecedented in the modern game. Wayne Rooney, the obvious name who springs to mind, boasted 175, whilst Lionel Messi played a similar 173, including matches for Barcelona's B and C team. With eight playing months until Sterling reaches that age, his current total is 121. If Lukaku isn't close to breaking point, it would be a surprise.

It is a problem to which Roberto Martinez has previously referred. "When you have players coming back from the World Cup you have to decide if you want the players straight away or do you give them a bit of time to refresh and be ready to play for 10 months?," Everton's manager said in August. "Romelu might not start the season. There is a degree of risk if you put them into a situation so early." Martinez's response was to start Lukaku in every league game until November 1. He missed 37 minutes of PL football before October 26. Decision made.

Strangely, when asked about Lukaku's possible fatigue in October after his striker appeared to be struggling, Martinez's August concerns had vanished: "He's not fatigued, he's not overworked. He has been putting himself up for selection when we knew he wasn't 100 per cent with the toe injury. Sometimes you feel he hasn't got the same power, the same intensity as last season, but you're talking about very small margins."

So, apart from previously admitting playing Lukaku was "a risk", starting the striker despite injury and conceding some of his "power and intensity" has been lost, all is well.

The reality is that Martinez is unlikely to concede that Lukaku is fatigued, for it would push his own decision-making into the spotlight
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
Manyoo getting sonned in Goodison park.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
Manyoo oh God. grin grin grin

See setup. I just hope Martinez drills sense into his players in that second half. make dem no troway this sumptious lead
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
Tval:

You expect us[black skin fans] to be pained with this assertion?
But he is a racist naa! He was even disgraced out of the National team for this. Whether e pain una or not wetin be my concern?

AirborneLacer:

No one is drawing up comparisons here, I'm only using your shallow claim against you.
You are using it wrong. Pedro a passenger and sometimes benchwarmer vs Boateng a starter and key member of the squad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
Nihilist:

Maybe...though I read this somewhere suggesting that Lukaku might just be a victim of burnout. Maybe if we'd kept him and managed his fitness more?

That's an interesting finding I must say and a mean feat.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 2:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
A40:

But he is a racist naa! He was even disgraced out of the National team for this. Whether e pain una or not wetin be my concern?

i just dey try let you know say e no concern us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pdizzle(m): 2:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
homesteady:

How much do you think is Messi release clause?

Nobody fucking cares, we know for Bale, Modric, Ronaldo and Suarez undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
Bimffo:

Lie! He didn't force any way Out.. ManU saw the money and sold him.. It was a lucrative business for a player that has won everything in England..

Was it not Ferguson that said he won't sell a virus to real madrid? grin
Man u did not want to sell him, but he wanted to go! I remember Blatter calling it slavery!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
homesteady:

Was it not Ferguson that said he won't sell a virus to real madrid? grin
Man u did not want to sell him, but he wanted to go! I remember Blatter calling it slavery!

I would have loved to see a ManU fan settle this but those guys are busy dealing with Everton..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
A40:

You are using it wrong. Pedro a passenger and sometimes benchwarmer vs Boateng a starter and key member of the squad

u no sabi read and understand?
using ur own logic of medals, Pedro is ahead of Ronaldo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
Bundesligabest:
Boatengis a lucky recipient of the works of Kroos, Schweini, Muller and co. He ain't play no pivotal fücking role like say Cannavaro in 2006.

Na so Pique was lauded the best defender back in 2009-2011, motherfücker a lucky recipient of the work of Xavi, Iniesta and Mes

IBoatengbetter than Terry? Spits on ground.

WHat was Terry's contribution in the finals Chelsea played, What was Boatengs contribution in the finals Bayern and Germany played

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
Yustash001:
and we have the way good players in laliga and other leagues became rags when they moved to EPL....

Like Aguero, Silva, Michu, Mata, Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla Torres
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
Bimffo:

When A.Cole was at his prime, he was better than both..

Ashley Cole would sacrifice his entire family to be half as good as either
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Bimffo:

I would have loved to see a ManU fan settle this but those guys are busy dealing with Everton..

Clubs don't just sell their best players willingly, they force their way out!
that's what will happen to Hazard!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Yustash001(m): 2:42pm On Apr 26, 2015
A40:

Pique was 21 and Jerome 22 when they were in your league. Its an age where defenders aren't in their prime. If Kompany, Garri Cahill and Fonte can dominate your league then your league is sweet
age my foot...how old was Cahill when he made his way into Bolton's first squad?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
A40:

You for ask what was Terrys contribution to the title Chelsea won?

Chelsea made 2 finals, Lost 1 because of Terry

The second title Chelsea won, They played 2 big games in Nou Camp and in Munich. Terry conveniently got himself sent off in Nou Camp with scores at 2-0 and left his teammates with a huge task which they did in his absence

In Munich he wasnt on the field

Mikel had more input on Chelsea win than Terry.

It was until its time to lift the trophy that Terry showed up

I remember there were memes on the web depicting Terry only showing his face when its time to lift the trophy and being useless every other time

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2015
Yustash001:
age my foot...how old was Cahill when he made his way into Bolton's first squad?

Lol we are talking about Man Utd and Man City this one dey talk Bolton

If na Bolton level Boatenk would have captained Bolton team at 10yrs old
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
homesteady:

Clubs don't just sell their best players willingly, they force their way out!
that's what will happen to Hazard!

There is nothing like force your way out.. The club will only allow you to go if they want you to go or you are out of contract.. SUAREZ tried it 2013 when he wanted to go to Arsenal but he was not allowed..

If we decide not to sell Hazard 5 Years from now, he doesn't have a choice.. Its a Contract and he has to honour it..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 2:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
Bimffo:

our match is 4pm, Nigerian time abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) ... (19101) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.