Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,533 members, 7,801,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! (4380 Views)

Resources For Young Writers / Why Was The Naija Young Writers Club Thread Closed? / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 21, 2012
Hello fellow writers & aspiring authors of literary work, I had been cropping this idea of forming a club to unite all upcoming & aspiring literary writers in Nigeria, to help us conquer the barrier of dying with our dreams of being published authors, and to also unite us to form a strong, united association to achieve our life goal of becoming renowned authors. If this club works, we will be holding semi-annual and annual meetings to review our individual works. we will also be doing constructive critics to assist members produce good quality works. we will also go as far as doing contributory publishing and maybe come up with our own club anthology of short stories & poems. etc, etc. lets just start first. pls membership is free, but u must be a writer or aspiring writer in these genre(s): fiction/non-fiction short stories, novellas, novel, poetry or drama. pls if u would love to join, kindly indicate your interest, by dropping your email for further communication. sorry I had to post it on romance section to attract more members attention. will still move it to literature section, moderators pls dnt delete it. Thanks guys, hope u all had a blissful saturday?

2 Likes

Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2012
@killz, I know my brother, and if u did read my post, I apologized to moderators to pls leave it here to gain more audience. I am sorry I am breaking the law, pls do bear with me...this thread would help lots of folks, including myself, cos as a group we would succeed fast, and it will be an honour to reference NL as the platform from which this great movement rolled off!

1 Like

Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Killz3(m): 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2012
DailyNews: @killz, I know my brother, and if u did read my post, I apologized to moderators to pls leave it here to gain more audience. I am sorry I am breaking the law, pls do bear with me...this thread would help lots of folks, including myself, cos as a group we would succeed fast, and it will be an honour to reference NL as the platform from which this great movement rolled off!
Sorry. I just saw the apology to Mods. . . We good? smiley
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by beylinko(m): 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2012
Luv dis idea of urs n it wil realy help our youth who spends tym on movies,video games n d likes.i pray it survive d day,here is mine Abeypopson@yahoo.com
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2012
Thanks killz, and bey, ur welcome, will contact u, lets hope & pray it works, cos it will be a great success for all of us, pls guys try & join & lets make a difference; since heinmanne publishing closed the door by ending the african writers series, which brought chinua achebe, cyprian ekwensi, etc to limelight, now we can prime-move a new movement for the Nigerian youths, pls join the league & do spread d news.
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 22, 2012
I want to use this opportunity to invite you specially again to come & join this new club I initiated, it is called: Naija Young Writers Club, and the mission is to unite all aspiring and established youth writers in Nigeria to help us all achieve our dreams of becoming successful & renowned published authors in literary works. To that effect, we will be holding meetings, seminars, and also we will be doing joint critics amongst members to help each member grow & become polished in his/her writings. We will also go as far as doing joint publishing of our works, for instance, publishing an anthology of our own short stories, written by members, and jointly promoting it both on media, internet and everywhere. we will also be giving grants and assistances to members who have produced good manuscripts but have no money to fund their work, plus plenty other things, meanwhile, all aspiring and established young (18 to 40) Nigerian writers home or abroad, pls kindly come & join us & lets make a difference. Pls navigate through the literature or romance sections of this forum & u would see: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now!, and kindly indicate your interest and by dropping your email for further communications. Thank u guys. u can as well email me at: dailyy.newss@gmail.com, by indicating your interest in the writers club.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by David2471(m): 11:40am On Apr 23, 2012
I want in eikhalo@yahoo.com
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2012
Restrictin club membership τ̅☺ specific genre is nt advisable. Am 24, a graduate wit a 2.1 in accountin edu, currently doin masters in edu mgt, hope τ̅☺ go into lecturin, already hav some topics written by me in my field. Let me knw if am qualified for dis. enameyajacob@yahoo.com
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2012
@Jenans, sorry if it sounded specific, but it is intended to assist & explore hidden & known young writers in literary works of Nigerian decent. sorry pls...the official flagging off would take place once we are up to 50 or 100. cheers, pls guys come & join us.
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by pendo89(f): 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2012
lola needs to join this.The girl is talented.
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Switup: 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2012
im back to NL... Just so u know.

Anyway back to the topic. My email @ddress is: dswitee@yahoo.com
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2012
@pendo, yes I have read her works, good so far, u can invite her if she is willing to join, believe me, this club will hit the media if we jointly work together.
@swit, welcome...once we are 100, we flag it off officially. welcome.
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by etoroh: 8:00am On Apr 24, 2012
Herz mine etorojama@yahoo.com
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by tpia5: 8:05am On Apr 24, 2012
are there particular themes or focus points you'll be writing about, or will it be mainly freelancing, with each writer exploring their own subject of interest.

1 Like

Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by edydeyemi(m): 8:13am On Apr 24, 2012
I like dis idea. Mine is edydeyemi@hotmail.com
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Whiteguru: 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2012
I have 4 un published works n wud really luv ds club to help me edit dem. Ma emal is whiteguru_1179@yahoo.com. Search for David Wilson on fb or whiteguru on 2go
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
Some of the questions asked will be addressed by members when the club has been flagged off officially. Pls we need u talented Nigerians, come & join us & lets jointly make a difference & write our names in history. pls take away pride; I know each and everyone of us wants our works to be published by reputable traditional publishers like, macmillan, harpes, penguin, etc, but unfortunately, most of those big publishers hardly accept unsolicited manuscripts from upcoming or yet to be established authors, so why not we Nigerians surprise them & hit them with quality works? Look at Wizkid now being signed officially by konvict music usa, would he have been able to stand consideration if he had not been doing something great that the world saw & recognized? pls lets start jointly & come together with our initiatives to move mountains! join us pls.
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by beylinko(m): 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
@dailynews. i posted a litle extract from a work i'm workin on.d post is at d front page.pls check it out

1 Like

Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 25, 2012
@beylink, I couldn't find the write up u said u posted, wht is the title & under which category or forum section can I find it? pls reply asap.
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by iykee(m): 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2012
dear sir... i am sorry i have been lost in the post on nairaland, i sent yo=
u my email in march but i have not gotten any reply or attcchment and i don=
t know the position things stand now, only that there are a lot of post and=
everything is muddled up. is there a facebook page? its not really that ha=
rd to create one now? please send me the form ..thanks. my email is iykeedwards@yahoo.com, i live in lagos

1 Like

Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2012
iykee: dear sir... i am sorry i have been lost in the post on nairaland, i sent yo=
u my email in march but i have not gotten any reply or attcchment and i don=
t know the position things stand now, only that there are a lot of post and=
everything is muddled up. is there a facebook page? its not really that ha=
rd to create one now? please send me the form ..thanks. my email is iykeedwards@yahoo.com, i live in lagos

You need to check your spam mail folder to ensure no form was sent to you because I sent the form & other details to everyone that indicated interest like u did. Meanwhile, we already have a facebook fan page where u can follow-up with latest updates & get latest info about our activities & events if u visit & like the page. here is the page url: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigerian-Association-of-Young-Writers-Poets/370528896338554 meanwhile, I will still forward a membership form to your email now, pls be fast to fill it & submit back ASAP! Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by RuuDie(m): 5:32am On Jun 18, 2012
Still more room!? I want in please - ruudsoftware@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 18, 2012
RuuDie: Still more room!? I want in please - ruudsoftware@yahoo.co.uk

This is not our main thread, kindly find it on this same literature section & post your question there. Meanwhile, acceptance of new members has been closed temporary, but u can still try your luck by writing the coordinators in charge of your zone at: naija.writersclub@gmail.com. make the subject of your email: I want to know my zonal coordinator, & in the body of your email, indicate your state & city of residence, age & gender. Good luck!
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by oyinbest: 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2012
I'm a writer of short stories for children and I have motivational books written by me.I am a graduate,presently serving.I love the idea behind this group.how can I join. sefunmi01@yahoo.com
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
oyinbest: I'm a writer of short stories for children and I have motivational books written by me.I am a graduate,presently serving.I love the idea behind this group.how can I join. sefunmi01@yahoo.com

Yes, though we have gone far a bit, but then u are welcome if u are ready to tread fast with us...email me: dailyy.newss@gmail.com and do indicate that u are the new children book writer who wants to join YAN. thanks
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by newazuka: 7:23am On Aug 30, 2012
this is my email okoroazuka@yahoo.com
Re: Naija Young Writers Club- Join Now! by Cuddlemii: 11:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
DailyNews:

Yes, though we have gone far a bit, but then u are welcome if u are ready to tread fast with us...email me: dailyy.newss@gmail.com and do indicate that u are the new children book writer who wants to join YAN. thanks

Please, I have appealed to you several times to update your threads rather than creating numerous threads with the same subject or title.

Update here------>https://www.nairaland.com/920401/naija-young-writers-club-join

I will have to lock this thread. Thank you!

(1)

Word 'OZIL' Added To The New Oxford Dictionary / Goats In Uniform: A Funny Story Of Students Bullying Their Teachers / OAM4J & Rocktation Have Got Chivalry & Would Make A Lovely Match Without Rivalry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.