Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Tambuwal: No Tension In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal: No Tension In Osun (743 Views)

Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Tension In Jos As Election Tribunal Set To Rule On Plateau Gov. Elec. Today / CNN Breaking News:Tension in South East over Biafra agitation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal: No Tension In Osun by Gbawe: 11:42am On Apr 22, 2012
The truth as told by the fourth most powerful Nigerian. A PDP politician with no interest in pandering to the dangerous mischief of his SW compatriots.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/43990-tambuwal-no-tension-in-osun.html

Tambuwal: No tension in Osun
By Our Reporter 11 hours 24 minutes ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Tambuwal Tambuwal

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal yesterday described Osun State as calm and peaceful, contrary to earlier reports of tension in the state.

The State Security Service (SSS) in a recent report had alleged that Governor Rauf Aregbesola planned to islamise the state and even take it out of the rest of the country.The PDP has been adding fuel to the report with its own alleagtions

But the Speaker, on a courtesy visit to Gov. Aregbesola in Osogbo said the reports were "mere allegations."

Tambuwal said he found no checkpoints or police barricades on the road to Osogbo, the state capital.

[b]The Speaker said he was impressed with the way the governor is managing the affairs of the state.

"I have come to Osogbo. I have not seen barricades. I have not seen any security checkpoints, which suggests that there is peace and calm here. The governor is a gentleman. He is down-to-earth and I believe he is committed to the vision of transformation of Osun State and continued co-existence of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I firmly believe that.

"I believe that after electioneering, politicians across the country should forget about what has gone past irrespective of party affiliation and face governance which is why they are elected in the first place.

"Nigeria is in dire need of attention and politicians should rise up to this occasion and move the country forward rather than engage themselves in unnecessary politicking. The Speaker, who said he paid visit to the governor whom he sees as a leader and elder, enjoined politicians to put aside politicking and face governance in the interest of the people.

On the allegation that Osun State is planning to secede, Tambuwal said an allegation would always remain an allegation until its veracity has been established.

He continued: "Allegations are always allegation until they are proven. If you go to the United States, congress members have the flags of their respective states on their table in addition to the flag of the United States. So there is nothing special in this."
[/b]
Responding, the Governor thanked the Speaker for his visit, observing that the National Assembly is the heart of governance. He noted that it takes a clear-headed, developing mind and a patriot to do what the Speaker has done irrespective of their party differences.

Aregbesola stated that greater responsibility rests on the National Assembly in steering the country to better direction.

"I saw the National Assembly as a collection of representatives of the people. As representatives of the people, we must ensure that we put in place an untainted, free and fair electoral process devoid of any fault. Nothing can help the country unless federalism is strengthened and its tenets upheld for the peace and progress of Nigeria," Aregbesola said.

He also dispelled the rumoured secession allegation leveled against his government, describing it as baseless and unfounded.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Is Threatening Again / Mko Abiola Not Happy With Jonathan, That He Name Unilag After Him / Nigerian Police Is The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.