Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music (14234 Views)

East African Coast | Culture And People / Tourism In Ivory Coast / Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i was just asking ohhhh no offense intended ..anyway i understand almost all the foreign songs that i listen ..i usually translate the lyrics.

hmmmm i wonder how u pple live without watching hollywood movies

damn french puppets sucks
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: ... Mapouka is from Congo ..anyway i have to verify this you might be true

No Mapouka has nothing to do with congo, it's an Ivorian traditional dance, the first group who made it known was nigui saff kdance. Coupe Decale rythms and often dances is the one which has congolese influence. Mapouka is indigenous to Cote d'Ivoire.
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
Sybellah:

Please stop this! Mapouka is a traditional dance from the Alladjan people from Jackeville, South Cote d'Ivoire.
People just made the dance dance obscene, what u see often on youtube is the perv version (mapouka dedja)

congolese, gabonese, cameroonians, ivorians dance are alike

where did this dance originate from?
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
onila:

congolese, gabonese, cameroonians, ivorians dance are alike

where did this dance originate from?

What dance Oni? Many of the coupe decale dances have some congolese influence, but Mapouka is not coupe decale, the style of music which goes with it is called youssoumba, and is indigenous to Jacqueville.
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2012
onila:

hmmmm i wonder how u pple live without watching hollywood movies

damn french puppets sucks
don't worry for us they translate them for Cameroonians cool tongue tongue
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
Sybellah:

What dance Oni?

the whining of their waist
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: don't worry for us they translate them for Cameroonians cool tongue tongue

like subtitles

what movies do u guys watch over there? french movies
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
onila:

the whining of their waist

I don't know how to explain this, but they don't whine the same, the moves are different, even now when u see coupe decale style, tho it has congolese influence it still looks different. Congolese use their waist a lot, and Ivorian usually not as much as them and they do more foot work.

Mapouka Nigui Saff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERT6LCzEGw
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
onila:

like subtitles

[b][/b]what movies do u guys watch over there? french movies
nope ..you probably never heard about VF or FV ...there sis a french version for every Hollywood movies
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
Sybellah:

I don't know how to explain this, but they don't whine the same, the moves are different, even now when u see coupe decale style, tho it has congolese influence it still looks different. Congolese use their waist a lot, and Ivorian usually not as much as them

Mapouka Nigui Saff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERT6LCzEGw

just lil different beats, not really the same style but its almost the same dance steps n beats

how come no anglophone country can dance like them

I think it originated from congo-then cameroon, gabon n ivory coast copied it from them
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
onila:

just lil different beats, not really the same style but its almost the same dance steps n beats

I think it originated from congo-then cameroon, gabon n ivory coast copied it from them
Cameroon first cool cool cool grin grin grin
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: Cameroon first cool cool cool grin grin grin

na ya all copied from congo
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2012
[quote author=onila]

na ya all copied from congo[/quote Cameroonian never copy ..we are too creative for that cool cool undecided we are the only country on this continent which have no influence from another african country in our things(music/food/attire/etc) we are unique and dominant .people copy us.
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2012
onila:

I am telling you it's not now lool,

Mapouka is from the Alladjan, south east jacqueville, they made this dance popular aroud 1997-1999.
anyways u guys should research on it i gave you the information so u can take it or leave it ooh umh
Mapouka does not look like NDombolo or Makossa, U have to be used to it to tell. There are many more traditional mapouka videos online so if you want u can check them out.
South Ivory Coast people use their ass like that to dance, why other don't, well i don't know or maybe some of their ethnic groups do but u re not aware of it.
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapouka

Mapouka, also known under the name of Macouka, is a traditional dance from the south-east of the Ivory Coast in the area of Dabou, sometimes carried out during religious ceremonies. It is also known as, "La danse du fessier" or "the danse of the behind (buttocks)".
This dance has daring choreography that can be very sexually suggestive. The dances mostly involve women shaking their buttocks (erotic) sideways vigorously, facing away from their audience. In the years 1980, artists of the Ivory Coast tried without much success to popularize it. One of the most well known groups is Tueuses de Mapouka.
There are two forms of the dance, the original and the modern. The modern is danced mostly by young people and is considered more obscene and improper by some due to its suggestive nature.
In 1998, the government of the Ivory Coast decided to prohibit its performance in public. It is, paradoxically, following this prohibition that the dance now enjoys a very fast-growing global following, especially in the sub-Saharan countries and western nations with large Francophone communities.
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
Sybellah:

I am telling you it's not now lool,

Mapouka is from the Alladjan, south east jacqueville, they made this dance popular aroud 1997-1999.
anyways u guys should research on it i gave you the information so u can take it or leave it ooh umh
Mapouka does not look like NDombolo or Makossa, U have to be used to it to tell. There are many more traditional mapouka videos online so if you want u can check them out.
South Ivory Coast people use their ass like that to dance, why other don't, well i don't know or maybe some of their ethnic groups do but u re not aware of it.

so how comes its francophone countries that dance like that
u guys copied from each other

with congolese who have the most successful music industry compared to the cameroonians and ivory coast
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2012
onila:

so how comes its francophone countries that dance like that
u guys copied from each other

with congolese who have the most successful music industry compared to the cameroonians and ivory coast

ah ah! I am not denying the copy-cat coupe decalle did. But Mapouka is not copied from congolese abeg!
Read this:

Mapouka, also known under the name of Macouka, is a traditional dance from the south-east of the Ivory Coast in the area of Dabou, sometimes carried out during religious ceremonies. It is also known as, "La danse du fessier" or "the danse of the behind (buttocks)".
This dance has daring choreography that can be very sexually suggestive. The dances mostly involve women shaking their buttocks (Intimate) sideways vigorously, facing away from their audience. In the years 1980, artists of the Ivory Coast tried without much success to popularize it. One of the most well known groups is Tueuses de Mapouka.
There are two forms of the dance, the original and the modern. The modern is danced mostly by young people and is considered more obscene and improper by some due to its suggestive nature.
In 1998, the government of the Ivory Coast decided to prohibit its performance in public. It is, paradoxically, following this prohibition that the dance now enjoys a very fast-growing global following, especially in the sub-Saharan countries and western nations with large Francophone communities.
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2012
Sybellah:

ah ah! I am not denying the copy-cat coupe decalle did. But Mapouka is not copied from congolese abeg!
Read this:

This dance has daring choreography that can be very sexually suggestive. The dances mostly involve women shaking their buttocks (Intimate) sideways vigorously, facing away from their audience. In the years 1980, artists of the Ivory Coast tried without much success to popularize it. One of the most well known groups is Tueuses de Mapouka.

i know mapauka is congolese

but coupe decale and makossa copied from congp
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
onila:

I gave you this wiki link which speak of the dance, so if u still don't want to believe it, that's fine lol.
Anyway u r free to believe what u want smiley
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
i meant mapouka is ivorian

typo
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2012
i meant mapouka is ivorian

typo!
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 6:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
Ivorians are so cool smiley
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
onila: i meant mapouka is ivorian

typo
tongue lol Ok smiley
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by panafrican(m): 11:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
onila:

Mapauka is a Niger-congo dance , it is a Bantu culture.
We stretch from Senegal through Liberia, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Nigeria, to Zimbabwe and further. Camerounais , Ivorians, Hausa, yoruba, Igbo, matabele, etc. same people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantu_languages
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2012
panafrican: Mapauka is a Niger-congo dance , it is a Bantu culture.
We stretch from Senegal through Liberia, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Nigeria, to Zimbabwe and further. Camerounais , Ivorians, Hausa, yoruba, Igbo, matabele, etc. same people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantu_languages

where r u from?
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by panafrican(m): 1:05am On Sep 06, 2012
onila:

where r u from?
From many places: I'm hausa, yoruba ( nigeria), kongo ( DRC, Angola), Shona ( Zimbabwe, Mozambique), Kru ( Cote d'Ivoire,Liberia), Hutu ( rwanda, Burundi), Sentinele( Adaman island), madinka ( mali, The Gambia,Senegal, Guinee Bissau , Niger ) etc.
God Bless Africa.
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 1:09am On Sep 06, 2012
panafrican: From many places: I'm hausa, yoruba ( nigeria), kongo ( DRC, Angola), Shona ( Zimbabwe, Mozambique), Kru ( Cote d'Ivoire,Liberia), Hutu ( rwanda, Burundi), Sentinele( Adaman island), madinka ( mali, The Gambia,Senegal, Guinee Bissau , Niger ) etc.
God Bless Africa.

lmao!
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 06, 2012
Kuritata Piquant (3rd video)

*still recovering*

Was she d one singing because she sounds like a man!

I'm not even gonn hate, I give her props!

She knows how to shake her butt especially when she moves to the lyrics/beats....Scary!
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 1:35am On Sep 06, 2012
Shollypopz: Kuritata Piquant (3rd video)

*still recovering*

Was she d one singing because she sounds like a man!

I'm not even gonn hate, I give her props!

She knows how to shake her butt especially when she moves to the lyrics/beats....Scary!

is she ivorian?
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 06, 2012
onila:

is she ivorian?
I don't know.....are u not d one dat posted d video??

I don't think I've ever listened to music frm IV-C b4 now
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 1:55am On Sep 06, 2012
sometimes Ivorian songs can be noisy undecided

although I like their music

cameroonians shld be more creative with their videos
Re: Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music by onila(f): 1:56am On Sep 06, 2012
Shollypopz:
I don't know.....are u not d one dat posted d video??

I don't think I've ever listened to music frm IV-C b4 now

that song is quite popular shocked

u need 2 stick with more Ivorians wherever u are

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igala Affinity: ‘IFA’ Is The Connecting Link Of Original Nigerians – Attah / Moremi Ajasoro: Who Is Olugbo To Deserve A Response? / Is Kwale A Town Or Tribe? Pls Clarify Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.