Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Married To A Nigerian - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married To A Nigerian (2112 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Getting Married To A Widower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married To A Nigerian by SweetiePie30: 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
Greetings Everyone,

I am a African American Women Married to A Wonderful Nigerian Man. The problem at hand is I feel abandon by my hubby due to immigration taking forever to process paperwork and my last visit with him let’s just say in June a whole year is ticking shocked. Now for the honesty part I have so much resentment in my heart for my hubby because I feel it’s sorely his fault (95%) that things are so difficult between us now. In my opinion before he develop a decision to marry he should have made sure that I am able to travel to him at least twice or year until paperwork is finish due to I am a student and is financially handicap to purchase flight to and from his location and sometime funds are needed for upkeep not that I bother him my focus is mainly on visiting him. My heart is broken from this situation and I am uncertain what is needed from my part. Please offer feedback on how to handle this situation with my hubby without anger and resentment in my heart. Am I right or wrong for feeling this way? Please leave respectful replies Thanks!!
Re: Married To A Nigerian by Outstrip(f): 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2012
Okay the way you write makes me not believe the story. You write Nigerian. Not like an educated Nigerian either. The decision on how often you guys would see each other was a decision that both of you should have made from the beginning. It does not only fall on him. The fact that you feel it all falls on him makes me believe that you are not American too. Anyway goodluck
Re: Married To A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2012
Re: Married To A Nigerian by ifyalways(f): 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2012
@OP,is your boyfriend not working or is he a student like you?why can't either of you's afford tickets to visit the other?

Too bad,u got caught up but getting angry at him wont solve nothing and its unfair to him.How would u react if he begins to resent you too or blame you for all the 'tough times' the relationship is facing?

I have just 3 words for you:
You both save up for tickets and decides on who's visiting who.
You endure this phase,enjoy the long distance relationship thrills and hope for better days.
You take a walk and look for a man in your city.
Re: Married To A Nigerian by armyofone(m): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2012
OP, are you trying to say he should have made sure that everything abt your trip is secure (financially such that you visit him 2ice a year) right?
well, the economy is bad. whatever you do, don't use CC (credit card) to buy ticket.
Re: Married To A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
Re: Married To A Nigerian by ifyalways(f): 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
Thanks CC.That bit didnt stick in my head because this kind of story rarely comes up in 'marriage' scenes.

@OP,when and where did you guys got married?
Why are you finding it difficult getting a Nigerian visit visa?
what is your husband doing,did he promise to bring you to his country or relocate to your place with the speed of light during courtship and now has defualted?why do you harbour the thoughts of 'you failed me' against him ?

abeg,sun too much,dis kain tori sef.orisirisi
Re: Married To A Nigerian by agiboma(f): 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2012
@ Op i dont understand this post. Did you not consider your financial situation prior to the marriage? If you are both strapped for cash and no one can help the other financially then I cannot understand your frustration. Just wait it out, once the papers are ready you will reunite with hubby and enjoy him fully again.
Re: Married To A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 25, 2012
SweetiePie30: Greetings Everyone,

I am a African American Women Married to A Wonderful Nigerian Man.
ok

SweetiePie30: The problem at hand is I feel abandon by my hubby due to immigration taking forever to process paperwork
which paper work takes immigration forever to process after marriage? an AA getting married to a Nigerian would require both papers after which marriage cert is issued. so where did you get married? [/quote]

SweetiePie30: and my last visit with him let’s just say in June a whole year is ticking shocked.

last visit to where? june what year? with him or to him? i doubt your identity claims...

SweetiePie30: Now for the honesty part I have so much resentment in my heart for my hubby because I feel it’s sorely his fault (95%) that things are so difficult between us now. In my opinion before he develop a decision to marry he should have made sure that I am able to travel to him at least twice or year until paperwork is finish due to I am a student and is financially handicap to purchase flight to and from his location and sometime funds are needed for upkeep not that I bother him my focus is mainly on visiting him. My heart is broken from this situation and I am uncertain what is needed from my part.
i think i need an interpreter here...

SweetiePie30: Please offer feedback on how to handle this situation with my hubby without anger and resentment in my heart. Am I right or wrong for feeling this way? Please leave respectful replies Thanks!!

you are welcome..
Re: Married To A Nigerian by SweetiePie30: 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
people are so mean and rude on this website. Instead of viewing the root of the problem i am told i am uneducated and a interpeter is needed. When individuals post on this site its to receive some type of feedback and not to get torn down in the process. If you were standing directly in my face i dont think u would say such words to me. Have a Blessed Day!! grin
Re: Married To A Nigerian by ifyalways(f): 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2012
People still were willing to help but some parts of your post were not very clear reason everyone is asking questions.If you really need help,you've got to ignore the comments that go down well with you and come up with a clearer picture of your situation.

If you give up or get irritated easily this way,the immigration papers might take forever to materialise.

Goodluck.
Re: Married To A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2012
ifyalways: People still were willing to help but some parts of your post were not very clear reason everyone is asking questions.If you really need help,you've got to ignore the comments that go down well with you and come up with a clearer picture of your situation.

If you give up or get irritated easily this way,the immigration papers might take forever to materialise.

Goodluck.

Ify! Ify!! LMAO at the immigration papers might take forever to materialise.

OP, This is Nigerian Forum, plenty of insuls but dont give up ok?
Re: Married To A Nigerian by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2012
I guess you are only feeling like tasting another forbidding fruit.

Its boredom or loneliness call it anyone.

However

Your writing skill is not encouraging,can you dedicate more time on improving that pls?.
Re: Married To A Nigerian by malaymama: 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2012
My dear,
Don't mind what their reply here. I also have same problem with my husband. He can have married visa to stay in my country but for me to go Nigeria is not like what those Nigerian's think. Their embassy not so friendly to help and make it the processing to be shortly. My husband leave me since Nov last year and till now he still stay over there. I can't say anything either he start to have other women over there or other problem. But they way he always think he have RIGHT to do what ever he like. He forget that you also have a RIGHT as wife. Anyway before you get more and more heart broken think from deeply your small heart either you need to continue the relationship. But most of Nigerians if the married with foreigner, they are to rushing to get Married Visa from their wife country.I wonder what your man waiting for to stay in USA? Anyway, I wish you GOOD LUCK.
Re: Married To A Nigerian by Outstrip(f): 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2012
SweetiePie30: people are so mean and rude on this website. Instead of viewing the root of the problem i am told i am uneducated and a interpeter is needed. When individuals post on this site its to receive some type of feedback and not to get torn down in the process. If you were standing directly in my face i dont think u would say such words to me. Have a Blessed Day!! grin

You should have started by not telling lies. You are Nigerian. What is the point of lying about it.
Re: Married To A Nigerian by SweetiePie30: 1:27am On Apr 27, 2012
You are very ignorant!!

You should have started by not telling lies. You are Nigerian. What is the point of lying about it. [/quote]
Re: Married To A Nigerian by agiboma(f): 1:40am On Apr 27, 2012
@ op i dont want to be rude, but i am still confused as to what you are asking in your original post. Try to explain better so those that want to help can do so.
Re: Married To A Nigerian by Outstrip(f): 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2012
SweetiePie30: You are very ignorant!!

You should have started by not telling lies. You are Nigerian. What is the point of lying about it.

Rather be ignorant than a pathological liar. NEXT!
Re: Married To A Nigerian by SweetiePie30: 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2012
@Outstrip U must like me ALOTTT LOL U stay on my post!!!! I have no reason 2 lie what will lying do for me it surely will not correct my situation (Huggggsssss)

Rather be ignorant than a pathological liar. NEXT![/quote]
Re: Married To A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:35am On May 10, 2012
Okay Dearie I read your post and i'm just wondering why didnt your husband travel to you?Get married in the states and be together?..i'm a little confused about you waiting on immigration papers?are you applying for residency in Nigeria?..Im not criticising Dearie just trying to understand your "circumstances"..you say you just want to visit?Than immigration shouldnt take that long..you apply for a visitor visa and it will give you up to 3 months depending on your passport validation.Since your husband is there it should be fine in regards to your accomodation.I live in New Zealand and immigration here is alot stricter than Naija's Entry requirements.My Husband is also Nigerian,and I love him with all my Heart.Be easy on your Man! Shit Happens..you just gotta stay positive.
Re: Married To A Nigerian by tpia5: 2:38am On May 10, 2012
cant make head or tail of any of it, including the post directly above me.
Re: Married To A Nigerian by tpia5: 2:39am On May 10, 2012
poster, maybe you should try travel section?

there are people there who handle these sorts of enquiries.
Re: Married To A Nigerian by mutter(f): 9:01pm On May 10, 2012
crap undecided undecided
Re: Married To A Nigerian by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:36am On May 11, 2012
SweetiePie30: @Outstrip U must like me ALOTTT LOL U stay on my post!!!! I have no reason 2 lie what will lying do for me it surely will not correct my situation (Huggggsssss)

Rather be ignorant than a pathological liar. NEXT!

Olodo you can never learn.

(1) (Reply)

Best Way To Give Alms To Huge Families / Solution To The Top 3 Major Marriage Problems Marriage Has Difficult /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.